Why food is the best medicine

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a lot in common. :D

When I lived in Florida I went to an accupuncture clinic. They sis the messages, the suction globes, the needles, and had an exercise room.

Those suction globes are neat. Round glass with a hole on top, they light a fire to remove the air out of it then place them (many) over your muscles for about 15 minutes. Helps relieve a lot of tension.
View attachment 38537

But since I moved to Maine I can't find anyone that uses this tecnique. I went about once every 6 weeks, $100. out of pocket, but it was worth it. There was a big olympic sized pool in a campground down the road, I would go swimming 3 times a week. Cost me $100 a year to use it anytime sun up to sun down.
I would have to go to the Y here and Maine, and I'm not much for public stuff.
I miss it, but you go where you got to go and do what you got to do.
So far I'm holding out. Mostly tired, legs don't work much, and sleep...lol.. it's 5am I been up since 3:30. I'll go take a nap and be up again at 7am to watch C-Span Washingtom Journal. Make coffee, get dad his toast, and take the rest of the day as it comes.

We'll get through this life one way or another.
LOL
Much Love
Hugs

Seems we do have common ways. Lord first…and all the other stuff figure it out along the way.
Never done the acupuncture “needles”, but have and do occasionally acupressure, “pressure” points mostly located in the extremeties that affect different body parts.

yikes from warm weather (and hurricane storms) Florida, to cold in Maine…My childhood was in a cold state…always cold…and remember Spring thaw, and so excited yeah…finally 50 degrees, lakes melted and going swimming…a far cry from availability of heated pools…but as kids…every minute in the lake was something to look forward to when you’re shoveling 2 feet of snow…lol

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems we do have common ways. Lord first…and all the other stuff figure it out along the way.
Never done the acupuncture “needles”, but have and do occasionally acupressure, “pressure” points mostly located in the extremeties that affect different body parts.

yikes from warm weather (and hurricane storms) Florida, to cold in Maine…My childhood was in a cold state…always cold…and remember Spring thaw, and so excited yeah…finally 50 degrees, lakes melted and going swimming…a far cry from availability of heated pools…but as kids…every minute in the lake was something to look forward to when you’re shoveling 2 feet of snow…lol
I was born in Boston. Lived in the Northeast until my late 30's. My Husbands parents had moved to DeLand Florida and his dad had melanoma cancer. So we decided to move to Fl. to keep an eye on them. We were there for about 10 years. I didn't like the heat or the snakes or the bugs...
His dad passed away in 2014 so I took care of his mom while he was on the road. This about the same time the doc found the blockage in my aorta.
In fall of 2017 Irma nasty hurricane came through and wiped out everything. I went without any power for 3 weeks.
I finally called my dad and asked if I could come up to the cabin and stay for awhile. Well, seems awhile is where I'm gonna stay unless the Lord moves me again. But for now He gave me dad to take care of, and I hope that last a long while.

I'm used to the snow, don't mean I like it, lol.
I have a hard time shovelling now and cleaning off the car. I get my groceries delivered.. (I need a Brady Bunch Alice) lol
But yeah, I'm home. I don't want to move again, except to go to my real home with the Lord.

Hugs

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was born in Boston. Lived in the Northeast until my late 30's. My Husbands parents had moved to DeLand Florida and his dad had melanoma cancer. So we decided to move to Fl. to keep an eye on them. We were there for about 10 years. I didn't like the heat or the snakes or the bugs...
His dad passed away in 2014 so I took care of his mom while he was on the road. This about the same time the doc found the blockage in my aorta.
In fall of 2017 Irma nasty hurricane came through and wiped out everything. I went without any power for 3 weeks.
I finally called my dad and asked if I could come up to the cabin and stay for awhile. Well, seems awhile is where I'm gonna stay unless the Lord moves me again. But for now He gave me dad to take care of, and I hope that last a long while.

I'm used to the snow, don't mean I like it, lol.
I have a hard time shovelling now and cleaning off the car. I get my groceries delivered.. (I need a Brady Bunch Alice) lol
But yeah, I'm home. I don't want to move again, except to go to my real home with the Lord.

Hugs

Still have many relatives in the north and like to visit in the winter. I didn’t mind shoveling when I lived in the north. Actually liked it particularly at night, quiet, with a bright moon and smell of wood burning in fire places. Seems the snow is not as prolific as when I was a kid.
Good memories.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Ziggy