Why Go To Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe Church is not necessarily a building or structure, and a building or structure is not necessary for a Church, but it's the Christians that follow Jesus that are the Church, and to be a lively Church the message of Jesus Christ should be the focus, Church can be just about anywhere, anyone that's born again is meant to be a moving temple, a moving house of God, Jesus lives in us, so where is the Church? us and the one who owns the Church, lives in us, as always though the primary focus, the main focus, the number 1 focus of every single Christian should be JESUS!! It's through Jesus we are made righteous, it's through Jesus we are given grace, it's through Jesus we are saved, it's through Jesus we are given the Holy Spirit, the blood shed is through Jesus, the resurrection is through Jesus, resurrections are still possible through the power of Jesus, the earth was created by Jesus, the sun, moon, stars galaxy was created by Jesus, Heaven was created by Jesus, it's through Jesus we are given power, it's through the mighty name of Jesus miracles, signs and wonders happen. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, JESUS! What a wonderful name, and he lives in everyone who is born again. His name is JESUS!! ;)

And I don't know how many times I just mentioned Jesus, but praise be to Jesus for everything he has ever done, is doing and will do. HALLELUJAH JESUS!. :p

Reactions: Pisteuo

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to love our neighbors and our most difficult, sickest neighbors go to church - we need to care for the sick and churches are hospitals
Yes, perhaps churches should be like hospitals, but in my experience they really seldom are. I say seldom, but I have found some that have been, but not recently. Is this a message in itself? Where can a person go [physically or geographically] and encounter proper nourishment and healing? Each one here on this forum may recommend a place of which he knows, but even if his does work for him that does not mean it will work for you or for me. The words of Jesus do apply if we can understand them:

"Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled." Matt 5:6
Who is hungry and who is thirsty? If not, why not? Is we then who should we ask to make us hungry and thirsty for those things?

"If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed." James 1:5-6

Is not Jesus the only "hospital" that is always able to help? An empty dead spiritless hospital [church group] is not willing or even able to heal or feed people with what they need.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the right reason to attend church?

Is there a one right reason?

Is it more important that people go for maybe the wrong reason but stay for a right reason?

I just hope and pray people will get help ! Even those of us who read the bible over and over , there is always some thing we miss.

And going to a church if you have a good teacher Pastor ! can explain things.....

Plus you make friends and they can help you and you can help them.......... seems good to me......... :)

Reactions: FHII and Helen

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And going to a church if you have a good teacher Pastor ! can explain things.....
Actually he cannot, to understand one need revelation like peter and John, even Paul, that no man on this earth can give you, its from God alone, and just because a pastor has a certificate from bible college to preach and to carry the title does not mean His from God, and that is where the problem lies. God doesnt hand out certificates nor give men flattering titles.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually he cannot, to understand one need revelation like peter and John, even Paul, that no man on this earth can give you, its from God alone, and just because a pastor has a certificate from bible college to preach and to carry the title does not mean His from God, and that is where the problem lies. God doesnt hand out certificates nor give men flattering titles.

Yes I know they can make mistakes ! We at Grace Bible Church have a very good preacher / teacher / friend !!

And he has even told us he made mistakes on some things ........... But as he preaches and tell us things he does show us
were its at in the bible and he is always ready for questions or let him know what you think ! And there are men in church who will,
ask questions / or ask him to explain more....... And he is not afraid to say that he does not have the answer now, but will find it..........

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and FHII

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes I know they can make mistakes ! We at Grace Bible Church had a very good preacher / teacher / friend !!

And he has even told us he made mistakes on some things ........... But as he preaches and tell us things he does show us
were its at in the bible and he is always ready for questions or let him know what you think ! And there are men in church who will,
ask questions / or ask him to explain more....... And he is not afraid to say that he does not have the answer now, but will find it..........
We are all responsible for our own salvation, when one stands before God, no one will be able to say" but my pastor lied to me, i believed he was telling teh truth",. Christ gives all those who come to Him, teh Spirit of God, so that we can all come into the truth, no man will have any excuse..

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

1Jn_2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

God has given you all you need...

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I am trying to say is , reading the bible helps, but we all miss things in the bible at one time or another....

And if you have a good pastor teacher , he may be able to help also......... he sure has helped me a lot.....

Reactions: FHII

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What I am trying to say is , reading the bible helps, but we all miss things in the bible at one time or another....

And if you have a good pastor teacher , he may be able to help also......... he sure has helped me a lot.....
Its not about "reading teh bible" its all about a relationship with our "risen" Lord who is always with us, something that other religions do not and canot have, for there Gods are not real. There is nothing that He cannot teach you, if you would ask, and as I said, revelation comes form God alone, no pastor or any study can give you that.

Joh_6:33 For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

In Him alone is our life, and for us to have His life we must learn from Him.

Joh_6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

God bless

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am standing with you firmly on this Grams. I know nothing about your Church or your Pastor other than what you have told me. But I have a similar situation where I am.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Grams...if God can speak through a donkey, He can indeed speak through any Pastor/Shepherd. :)

Reactions: FHII and Willie T

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Too many people do abuse the ways of churches for good and bad reasons. Meeting together in a place we call church may not be needed, but should we throw out the following verses because of the misunderstandings and/or misuses and/or abuses of some? Was Paul not anointed by God in the writing of them?

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:" Eph 4:11-15

God gave these gifts [ministers] to people to accomplish His work in us to bring us to what the Body of Christ will be. To cast them aside is to do what the children of Israel wanted to do and at times effectively did with Moses. They not rejected Moses alone, but in effect they had rejected God. Do we do that when we reject any part of His plan?

Even so as the verses I have cited indicated those ministers are gifts to us to accomplish God plan for the Body of Christ. Jesus is the Head and the Head is ready, but His Body is not. The ministers, as I read the scriptures, are to work to complete the Body so that it can be finally and fully and correctly connected to the Head.

Do we have to meet in the organized church groups to do so? Perhaps not, but we do need to be perfect as the scriptures indicate and the ministers given are to be a part of the way we are to get there.

Reactions: FHII

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grams...if God can speak through a donkey, He can indeed speak through any Pastor/Shepherd. :)

ByGrace, YES ! and GOD is doing this to Tom .....I sure have learned a lot since we left the C.C.
And GOD is working on one son who preaches when ever possible........ even in different State
Our other son has also, but now is to busy with all eight children.........

Reactions: Helen