Why hadn't the baptized believers in Samaria received the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not hold it against people who still do. If I happen to be in a service where they are doing it I might participate, but being unable to drive now because of my eyes, I have not attended any service in many months. I simply eat the Word when I read my Bible and drink his blood which is the quickens those Words to me.

I hope that the day comes when I am able to attend a physical gathering of God's people and even partake in their communion service. I have cataract surgery scheduled for one eye in December and the other eye in January. I have been told that after that my vision will improve and I should be able to drive a car again. God knows. Keep me in prayer.
My friend i have communion with a few over the phone . We simply pray , read , and do the communion .
PS , but what i dont and wont do , is have fellowship with BELIEVERS so called who walk in willfull sin .
No , out of love those must be corrected .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My friend i have communion with a few over the phone . We simply pray , read , and do the communion .
PS , but what i dont and wont do , is have fellowship with BELIEVERS so called who walk in willfull sin .
No , out of love those must be corrected .
Continue to walk always with Him, my friend. My one close friend in Christ with whom I met regularly died in 2020. My wife and I live with my daughter but no one here attends any assembly. Sometimes they meet with a church group online. I have tried that but so far I cannot continue with them and their ways. Perhaps God will lead me to a better place while I still have time.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not hold it against people who still do. If I happen to be in a service where they are doing it I might participate, but being unable to drive now because of my eyes, I have not attended any service in many months. I simply eat the Word when I read my Bible and drink his blood which is the quickens those Words to me.

I hope that the day comes when I am able to attend a physical gathering of God's people and even partake in their communion service. I have cataract surgery scheduled for one eye in December and the other eye in January. I have been told that after that my vision will improve and I should be able to drive a car again. God knows. Keep me in prayer.
Ye cannot see MY face lest ye DIE
yet notice what one says in the letter to the church , In the FACE OF CHRIST . YEAH
that IS HOW GOD BE REVEALED . BUDDA IS A DEMON , ISLAM IS FROM SATAN ASIS EVERY OTHER RELGION .
THE DIRE DIRE DIRE DIRE DIRE AND DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST MUST BE PREACHED .
ANY love or idea that even tries to omit the dire need to believe on , confess JESUS as CHRIST
IS FALSE . this lamb is one hated lamb amadeus and sadly i am hated big time by even most all of christendom .
but i dont buy false love , i dont give out false hope either .
BELIEVE YE ON JESUS CHRIST will be ,and by grace and may it be , THE LAST WORDS UTTERED OUT OF THIS MOUTH .
I DONT GIVE false love , I WONT GIVE FALSE HOPE . POPE francis and most all of even the protestant realm
has now been infected and ill affected with false love that offers up false hope . THIS LAMB DONT BUY LIES
ITS JESUS and the DIRE NEED TO HAVE BELIEVED ON HIM , IS THE ONLY HOPE I AM OFFERING , WILL OFFER
and even allow to be offered up on my watch. false love saves none . JESUS DOES
so i abosutely say and say absolutely , we better get busy preaching the upmost dire necessary NEED to beleive on HIM .
PS our JESUS CHRIST we preach had also better be JESUS CHRIST and not jesus ....................
For more info on the last part do feel free to ask questions . in the meantime time i say this , BIBLE TIME FOLKS

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Continue to walk always with Him, my friend. My one close friend in Christ with whom I met regularly died in 2020. My wife and I live with my daughter but no one here attends any assembly. Sometimes they meet with a church group online. I have tried that but so far I cannot continue with them and their ways. Perhaps God will lead me to a better place while I still have time.
You can worship the KING in your 0wn house my friend . Just keep feasting also on the bible . we never too old
nor are we too wise to not read it .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can worship the KING in your 0wn house my friend . Just keep feasting also on the bible . we never too old
nor are we too wise to not read it .
When I get to feeling lonely or left out, I am reminded that God is with me... so I talk with Him. Daily I read my Bibles and talk with Him. In a few days I will attain 80 years. Moses was 80 when he led the natural children of Israel out of Egypt. He led them for 40 years. Perhaps I won't attain 120 years as he did, but I must use whatever God gives me. He is always able and He it is who enables me.

Give God the glory!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You brought a real good reminder up amadeus .
You said JESUS never compromised His words . YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND.
SO i want everyone who might even read this to understand something .
WHEN JESUS evanglized , witnessed , DID he compromise the words of GOD to win souls .
OR did he compromise His own words if they offended someone .
Well , lets look at the bible for that answer .
WHEN JESUS spoke , when he witnessed , was his concern on numbers or on souls .
Was HIS concern on who might get offended at HIS words or was it on GLORIFYING GOD and winning souls .
Did JESUS ever change his mind or his words when even his words offended .
WELL lets see .
MASTER , dont you know your saying offended them .
Lets see what JESUS said .
A . OH MY , i might need to tone it down a bit to win souls .
B . Peter , quick go offer them up some coffee and hugs and tell them I DIDNT MEAN what i said
what i meant was GOD IS LOVE and all is well .
C . LEAVE THEM BE , ever plant my FATHER has not planted shall be ROOTED Up , they are blind leaders of the blind .
ITS C.
JESUS NEVER changed HIS WORDS to suit the ears of the hearer . JESUS NEVER CAME TO PLEASE MEN or make MEN
feel accepted . HE CAME FOR THE UPMOST DIRE IMPORTANT FOR US REASON . TO SAVE men . NOT TO PANDER TO MEN
TO SAVE MEN . SO WHY THE HECK DO so many sit under seeker friendly and all inclusive lies . THEY CANT SAVE
BUT THEY SURE CAN PLEASE MEN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I get to feeling lonely or left out, I am reminded that God is with me... so I talk with Him. Daily I read my Bibles and talk with Him. In a few days I will attain 80 years. Moses was 80 when he led the natural children of Israel out of Egypt. He led them for 40 years. Perhaps I won't attain 120 years as he did, but I must use whatever God gives me. He is always able and He it is who enables me.

Give God the glory!
YOUR RIGHT . Amadeus , i wont even attain the years you have . NO i dont doubt GOD .
What i mean is , IF WE THINK this earth , this world has twenty eight years and a few months left , WE are decieving ourselves .
I wont die one second before GOD allows it . BUT the time we have left , yeah its not measured in decades
i shudder to say even in years . The falling away is massive now and the signs of the times
as WELL AS JESUS OWN WORDS and REMINDER is saying , THE COMING OF THE LORD draws nigh
be watching and be ready for yE KNOW NOT the hour your LORD does come . I have never seen a delusion
like the one i have seen these last years take hold of so many to unify them by a false love right under the dragon as one .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You brought a real good reminder up amadeus .
You said JESUS never compromised His words . YOU ARE RIGHT MY FRIEND.
SO i want everyone who might even read this to understand something .
WHEN JESUS evanglized , witnessed , DID he compromise the words of GOD to win souls .
OR did he compromise His own words if they offended someone .
Well , lets look at the bible for that answer .
WHEN JESUS spoke , when he witnessed , was his concern on numbers or on souls .
Was HIS concern on who might get offended at HIS words or was it on GLORIFYING GOD and winning souls .
Did JESUS ever change his mind or his words when even his words offended .
WELL lets see .
MASTER , dont you know your saying offended them .
Lets see what JESUS said .
A . OH MY , i might need to tone it down a bit to win souls .
B . Peter , quick go offer them up some coffee and hugs and tell them I DIDNT MEAN what i said
what i meant was GOD IS LOVE and all is well .
C . LEAVE THEM BE , ever plant my FATHER has not planted shall be ROOTED Up , they are blind leaders of the blind .
ITS C.
JESUS NEVER changed HIS WORDS to suit the ears of the hearer . JESUS NEVER CAME TO PLEASE MEN or make MEN
feel accepted . HE CAME FOR THE UPMOST DIRE IMPORTANT FOR US REASON . TO SAVE men . NOT TO PANDER TO MEN
TO SAVE MEN . SO WHY THE HECK DO so many sit under seeker friendly and all inclusive lies . THEY CANT SAVE
BUT THEY SURE CAN PLEASE MEN .
People like it when the Master is healing their physical bodies and feeding their natural bellies without charge, but how many are ready for and desiring more...?
Joh 6:25And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they said unto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?
Joh 6:26Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
Joh 6:27Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My years have past fifty one and are moving towards fifty two .
quick have been those years . Now ask me one and all . Ask me
a real simple question . Ask me , hey amigo would you rather see a century of the best filled years on earth
or the LORD COME . And marvel not when the answer is , OH COME LORD JESUS .
but dont make the mistake of thinking its cause i am suicidal or depressed .
CAUSE I AINT . I JUST KNOW THE BETTER PLACE TO BE . WITH CHRIST .

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, for me his flesh is the Word of God for is he not the Word of God? For me his blood is the Holy Spirit. I do not eat bread made from grain nor do I drink wine/grape juice, squeezed from the grapes and call it communion. For me that would be partaking of the type or the shadow. Why not partake rather of the Real Thing which is now available?
That's good. But it's not the common understanding of the Lord's Table, nor is it what Jesus was referring to, right?
Where does that leave us?

/

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's good. But it's not the common understanding of the Lord's Table, nor is it what Jesus was referring to, right?
Where does that leave us?

/
I know. I sometimes do not go with the common understanding. That leaves us where we were already.

Reactions: St. SteVen