Why, I Am A Christian

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
ok then. To continue....
You seem to be saying that Christ Himself does not indwell the believer.
Logical
Instead, the Holy Spirit is doing the indwelling.
Again, logical.
Do I understand your position correctly?
If so, then I must agree that Christ does not BODILY live within anyone and that His spirit/Holy Spirit is that which indwells the believer.
So what is your point? Are we arguing about something we already agree on....and just missing agreement because of language?

Hi rjp, it is good to see your keeping an eye on things. Your faith is always welcome to me.
The glory which is Jesus the Christ's was obtained at immeasurable cost. His position in the heavens as the Logos and the Creator was set at nought for the purpose of being made a duolo, a slave, and fashioned as a man, in order to ransom us from death. His glorification and position in the heavens was given Him by the Father for His obedience unto death. He is the Head of a new humanity. He is a man. He is also a life-giving spirit. It is for the purpose of honor and reverence that the distinction between His spirit and His personhood, the First-fruits from among the dead, is made by me. It is not harmful to see the Lord and Saviour as He really is, and a knowledge of Him is imperative to right understanding.

I am not arguing with anyone. I am seeking to proclaim the truth of God as it is revealed. Being unaware of these truths of the spirit leaves room for the Adversary to toss us to and fro by men's teachings. That Christ indwells us by spirit and not His glorified bloodless body should cause us to see the importance of God's essense, who is Spirit. Christ's Jesus' exalted and glorified humanity shall not be removed. It is permanent til the consummation and it was gotten a terrible price, for both Him and His Father. Let us honor that distinction and praise Him for the earnest and seal of the Holy Spirit til His return.

fivesense

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Hi rjp, it is good to see your keeping an eye on things. Your faith is always welcome to me.
The glory which is Jesus the Christ's was obtained at immeasurable cost. His position in the heavens as the Logos and the Creator was set at nought for the purpose of being made a duolo, a slave, and fashioned as a man, in order to ransom us from death. His glorification and position in the heavens was given Him by the Father for His obedience unto death. He is the Head of a new humanity. He is a man. He is also a life-giving spirit. It is for the purpose of honor and reverence that the distinction between His spirit and His personhood, the First-fruits from among the dead, is made by me. It is not harmful to see the Lord and Saviour as He really is, and a knowledge of Him is imperative to right understanding.

I am not arguing with anyone. I am seeking to proclaim the truth of God as it is revealed. Being unaware of these truths of the spirit leaves room for the Adversary to toss us to and fro by men's teachings. That Christ indwells us by spirit and not His glorified bloodless body should cause us to see the importance of God's essense, who is Spirit. Christ's Jesus' exalted and glorified humanity shall not be removed. It is permanent til the consummation and it was gotten a terrible price, for both Him and His Father. Let us honor that distinction and praise Him for the earnest and seal of the Holy Spirit til His return.

fivesense

I think it is quite clear to most that the indwelling of Christ is by His spirit. Then again I could be wrong on that point.

I find no difficulty with a strenuous statement that it is the Holy Spirit which does the indwelling and not the physical body of Jesus.
Doesn't that seem to be a matter of semantics though? I've not heard or read anything which suggests a bodily presence.
If you've found such a statement, I'd be curious to know where it came from and how it is applied. I certainly don't hold with it, but I wonder who would.

The suffering of Christ has indeed paid for our ransom.
We are covered by His blood if only we will accept it and it is that which justifies us before God, not any work of our own hands.

Rahmani

Sep 29, 2010
I am a Christian because God reveled himself to me and has ever since been a part of my life ,me like perhaps many others could not argue against some clever know it all ,who has even read the bible but don't understand it and don't believe it , He has had to fill the vacuum he has inside with self made wisdom , to have him see what he cannot see will only make him angry and frustrated , for it is my belief that even when he so vehemently opposes the very idea of a creating God ,there is still something deep inside him that tells him different , to bring it out he must first understand what he is ,,have a conviction of sin , my question is usually who is to blame the lawbreaker or the one who wrote the law ? people blame God for what people do ,, they think of him as some great magician who could wave his magical wand and undo all the evil that people are responsible for , when a husband die's from smoking too much ,they cry out ,how can there be a God when he allows this to happen ??? they never see their own part in it ,,

God Bless GT

I started to consider, what I would say if some Christ rejecting egg-headed know-it-all, were to ask me, “why I was a Christian?”
What could be said, to explain my decision, that he would understand?

The answer that came to mind, was the Bible.
“The Bible” has convinced me, that Christianity is the truth!

Now we can not expect an unsaved person, to be able to truly understand the Bible......
1 Corinthians 2:14
“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God:
for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.”

But I think, that I can explain what it is about the Bible, that has convinced me that it is true.
-------------------------------------
Now I know, that the traditional way of proving that the Bible is God’s Word, is by pointing out all the prophecy, that has been fulfilled in it’s pages:
But this only applies to the saved person: Our faith in the Bible is increased, when we look at all the thousands of prophecies that have been fulfilled.
But when you are dealing with an unsaved person, they will find a way to explain away Bible prophecy, to their own satisfaction.

Actually God has given us a more understandable evidence, that the Bible is absolutely true, that even an unsaved person could see, if they would only be willing to listen.

The evidence, that I am referring to, are the thousands & thousands of “details”, God has giving us in His Word, about every single doctrine and teaching.
It blows my mind, how detailed the Bible is.

God doesn’t simply give us an instruction or a command and say do it:
No; He gives us every detail as to why we should do it and how it will be a blessing to us.

In the same way, God does not simply teach us doctrine and tells us to believe it;
He also, gives us the details as to how that doctrine works and why it is important and how it fits in with every other doctrine in the Bible;
With no two doctrines, contradicting one another!?!

This fact alone, proves the Bible to be a supernatural book.

And all a person has to do, is to be willing to study it or ask someone to explain it to them, and their eyes would be open to how wonderful it is.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am following a desire I do not understand. I am far from being a Calvinist, but I have to agree with him that there is something irresistible about Jesus Christ.

Peace