Why I read/study God's Word: The Authorized Version

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the KJV. It's just one of many translations; it's not the word of God.

Every translation is the word of God.

Some are just translated better than others.

By now you know which one I think is best above all.

Whatever translation you are READING now is the best one. But test them all and don’t accept what the scholars tell you.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you really splitting hairs over “highly favored” vs “full of grace”???

The definition is “Grace”:

“The exercise of love, kindness, mercy, favor

Much ado about nothing.

“ado” has been cited by KJV critics (Mark 5:39) as archaic, but I bet you get what I’m saying here…

what about behind?

Colossians 1:24
Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of theafflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

or child?
Acts 4:27 For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
they rejected the authority of the of Christ
:rolleyes:
Uhh ... no.

The EOC does not reject the authority of Christ.
The EOC rejects the authority of the Bishop of Rome as KING over the other Apostles.
They believe ALL the Apostolic Bishops are equal as all Apostles answered to Christ.

You should not tell lies about other Catholics.

We NON-CATHOLICS (Protestants/Reformers/Baptists) reject all your silly hats and self-proclaimed authority and turn to the actual Apostles themselves (through God's Holy Scripture) to teach us about Christ Himself. However YOU established YOUR human criteria and the EOC comes closer than Rome to being "universal". For a Baptist like me ... "universal" means EVERYONE THAT JESUS CHRIST SAYS IS A CHRISTIAN, IS A CHRISTIAN. No more and no less. People do not get a say in who the Father gives to the Son ... that's a GOD THING!

Reactions: Jim B

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just your opinion. IMHO the best ones are the ones that are most clearly understood. A prime example: "God is not the author of confusion" (KJV) or "for God is not characterized by disorder but by peace" (NET) Some might interpret this incorrectly if they are confused.
The Living Bible was easy to understand, but would not get my theology from it!

Reactions: Mugre Pinzon

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhh ... no.

The EOC rejects the authority of the Bishop of Rome as KING over the other Apostles.
They believe ALL the Apostolic Bishops are equal as all Apostles answered to Christ.

We NON-CATHOLICS (Protestants/Reformers/Baptists) reject all your silly hats and self-proclaimed authority and turn to the actual Apostles themselves (through God's Holy Scripture) to teach us about Christ Himself. However YOU established YOUR human criteria and the EOC comes closer than Rome to being "universal". For a Baptist like me ... "universal" means EVERYONE THAT JESUS CHRIST SAYS IS A CHRISTIAN, IS A CHRISTIAN. No more and no less. People do not get a say in who the Father gives to the Son ... that's a GOD THING!
There is indeed a HNoly Catholic Church, but NOT Romer, but the Universal Church of all of the redeemed!

Reactions: Jim B

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the church must be catholic

Major covenants!

God initiated each covenant and the mediator always remains on earth mediating the covenant except for Christ who made Peter His personal representative and vicar! (Matt 16:18)

Adam
(Marriage covenant)

Noah
(Family covenant)

Abraham
(Tribal covenant)

Moses:
(National covenant)

Jesus Christ:
(Universal covenant)

New and eternal covenant founded by Jesus Christ! Matt 16:18

Universal (Catholic)
World universal

Lk 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. ( catholic universal) All men!

Lk 2:31 prepared before the face of all (catholic) people. All men!

Jn 1:29 lamb of God who takes way the sins of the world. All men!

Jn 3:16 for God so loved the world

1 Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. All men!

Lk 2: 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. All men!

11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. (All people universal) All men!
There is a catholic church, as it is all of the redeemed, NOT the one of Rome!

JesusFan1

Jun 19, 2020
Macomb Mi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "correct" version of the translation into English or any other translation. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses. The important thing is to live in the same Spirit as the writers of the bible did. When that happens the biblical account will be something familiar since it expresses one's own experience as well. No matter how accurate a translation is...the letter kills but the Spirit gives life. :)
The closest to what the Originals stated would be in the Hebrew and Greek texts!

Reactions: Jim B and Episkopos

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhh ... no.

King? That’s a good way to put “Christ is king”
The church his kingdom
Peter and the successors his ministers

submit to the ministers is submitting to Christ

the EO sect teaches heresy

you reject Christ the high priest in his seamless garment as well?

to reject the church founded by Christ is to reject Christ

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Living Bible was easy to understand, but would not get my theology from it!

The Living Bible was my first Bible. It contains all the required theology but uses common language to express God's Word. It's closer to the actual Scriptures than many people realize. IMHO it's more appropriate than the King James to convey God's word to most people.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
her soul magnified her savior!

that don’t make her a sinner

And if Mary is a sinner then Christ MUST be sinner!

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
her soul magnified her savior!

two means of salvation even for us
Forgiven of past sins and preserved from future sins
Mary was special and preserved from all sin gen 3:15 Lk 1:28 Lk 1:30 Lk 1:49

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The originals were not inspired by the Holy Spirit then/?

That is a misinterpretation of what I wrote: How does a sane person speak to tablets/documents/scrolls/books? "Speak to", "talk to", converse with", however you want to phrase it. Do you speak to written/printed documents?