Why Is A Bodily Resurrection Necessary?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigdummy

Feb 1, 2008
This may seem like a foolish question but I quote the reformer William Tyndale when I say "If the soul be in heaven, tell me what cause is there for the resurrection" which makes sense to me when you consider that our bodies were designed by God to inable us to function in the world He created and are really only shells for the soul not unlike that which is used to produce a butterfly.

If we are to be given new spiritual bodies when Christ returnes for his church what need would there be for resurrecting the bodies that are imperfect only to give us new bodies (1 Cor. 15 :51) when that can, and may possibly be done by God at the moment of our death?

fivesense

Mar 7, 2010
WI
This may seem like a foolish question but I quote the reformer William Tyndale when I say "If the soul be in heaven, tell me what cause is there for the resurrection" which makes sense to me when you consider that our bodies were designed by God to inable us to function in the world He created and are really only shells for the soul not unlike that which is used to produce a butterfly.

If we are to be given new spiritual bodies when Christ returnes for his church what need would there be for resurrecting the bodies that are imperfect only to give us new bodies (1 Cor. 15 :51) when that can, and may possibly be done by God at the moment of our death?

If you remember, the Lord said," God is not the God of the dead, but of the living" There is no life after death for either believer or unbeliever. As Tyndale rightly asserted, there would be no need of resurrection, if we alread were in heaven after death. Such life after death teaching is spawn of the Garden and the Serpent," You shall not surely die", and the lie continues even in the majority of Christian sects.

We must be brought out from among the dead ones, our spirits given back to us from the Father, as was the Lord's commended spirit, and stand again as mortal, albiet only for an instant, so that He can remain the God of the living. His Son's glory is that He is The Resurrection and the Life". In order to fulfill all righteousness, His glory must be obtained by our being raised out by the Christ, at the sound of God's own trumpet, the Lord Himself trumpeting. And other than the saints of Israel, who will be raised up a short time later, the rest will stay dead til the White Throne judgment and the second death. They will be resurrected into mortal bodies to face the condemnation they deserve and cast into the Lake of
Fire for an undisclosed period of time.

Our resurrection is to show forth God's glory, we are only the beneficiaries of that. Such is it with the Father out of Whom all is.
fivesense