Why did Jesus have to suffer and die?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You lie. I have never said that Jesus didn't need to die. I didn't say anything about his death not reconciling anything. You lie.

I may be confused. But not nearly so confused as you.
You are the liar as we see below
Yes, Jesus is God. But His death is not what saves
You said his death does not save?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

Without the death and resurrection of Jesus...no one will be Born Again and saved from eternal damnation.

Your opinion cannot be supported biblically.as it’s a load of nonsensical nonsense.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False......That is not clearly known to all who believe, you can’t believe without the Spirit?

As Gods word says..you do well even the demons believed.
So then according to you, you can't believe without the Spirit, but demons believe, so that must mean that demons have the Spirit. Truly ridiculous. I think, as so often is the case, your logic is faulty.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So then according to you, you can't believe without the Spirit, but demons believe, so that must mean that demons have the Spirit. Truly ridiculous. I think, as so often is the case, your logic is faulty.
Once again..no support of scripture to back up your claim.

No, according to God, without the Spirit you are none of His?

It’s not my logic..it’s Gods word...

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your opinion cannot be supported biblically.as it’s a load of nonsensical nonsense.
I did support it biblically, but youe ability to understand is terribly limited. The sacrifice does not save. It propitiates the one who saves. Look up the definition and meaning of the words sacrifice and propitiate. That might, I say might, help you to understand.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
James 2:14 begins a discussion of faith without works and includes a vivid point by James that even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). The “faith” of demons is useless, even though they tremble at what they know to be true. People who say they “believe” in God while showing no evidence of faith have a level of “belief” similar to that of demons.

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again..no support of scripture to back up your claim.

No, according to God, without the Spirit you are none of His?

It’s not my logic..it’s Gods word...
God's word is not logical fallacy as is yours.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I did support it biblically, but youe ability to understand is terribly limited. The sacrifice does not save. It propitiates the one who saves. Look up the definition and meaning of the words sacrifice and propitiate. That might, I say might, help you to understand.
Once again your Intellect speaking.

Jesus died and was resurrected..that is our only way to be reconciled back to God?

Which means what exactly?

JBO

Oct 20, 2023
Prescott, AZ
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James 2:14 begins a discussion of faith without works and includes a vivid point by James that even the demons believe and tremble (James 2:19). The “faith” of demons is useless, even though they tremble at what they know to be true. People who say they “believe” in God while showing no evidence of faith have a level of “belief” similar to that of demons.
I certainly haven't seen any evidence of faith from you. You spout it a lot, You are describing yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I certainly haven't seen any evidence of faith from you. You spout it a lot, You are describing yourself.
Faith doesn’t come from me, it’s a gift from God.

You spout flesh talk...as we see above..

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Clearly, you show no intellectual ability whatsoever in anything you post.
That’s because I’m Born Again..intellectual knowledge saves no one.

You must be Born Of The Spirit.

I understand God’s word in the Spirit, as the Holy Spirit opens my eyes and ears to understand God’s word..try praying that he does the same for you.

• Haha
Reactions: JBO

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You want to play chess with the scripture in the hope of securing a check mate. For me this is a boring game.....and it's boring because nobody is any the wiser about the wonder of Jesus. In fact, even when I asked you to tell me of Jehovah your draw a blank. This tells me plenty!
Still not willing to speak to the text? Why are you so frightened to heed its truth?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who offered Jesus as a sacrifice? the people, or God Himself?

Provide verse/s in answer.

F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still not willing to speak to the text? Why are you so frightened to heed its truth?
....and you continue to draw a blank when I ask you to tell me of Jehovah. You claim to be a witness to Jehovah yet you can not or will not address this simplest of questions.
What I observe you doing is making a lot of words, words which don't give hope to anybody......words which only flatter your own perceived 'rightness'. Men from every religious persuasion engage that baby. They tried it on Jesus and his mates. He replied, 'leave them, they are blind guides; if the blind follow the blind they will both fall into the ditch'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
....and you continue to draw a blank when I ask you to tell me of Jehovah. You claim to be a witness to Jehovah yet you can not or will not address this simplest of questions.
What I observe you doing is making a lot of words, words which don't give hope to anybody......words which only flatter your own perceived 'rightness'. Men from every religious persuasion engage that baby. They tried it on Jesus and his mates. He replied, 'leave them, they are blind guides; if the blind follow the blind they will both fall into the ditch'