Why is attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan unforgivable??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Answer to OP

It is blasphemy.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is when you take the true work of the Holy Spirit and you speak evil of it, attributing his work to the devil.
I need real answer as to why that unlike rape, genocide, and satanism is unforgivable. God can forgive the other stuff except this random particular sin??

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I need real answer as to why that unlike rape, genocide, and satanism is unforgivable. God can forgive the other stuff except this random particular sin??
"Unforgivable" in one and only sense: when somebody disrespect God himself, the own Creator of the whole Universe, he is abandoning the source of his life, and that's the ultimate sin.

"Rape, genocide, and satanism" and every single known sin, will be equally unforgivable when the person who commited any of them never asked for forgiveness.

Acts 17:30 (...) God has overlooked the times of such ignorance; but now he is declaring to all people everywhere that they should repent. 31 Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem is most are not being taught nor reminded their sins are SINS .
A homosexual , for example , sitting in one of those lovey do churches
is being taught its not SIN . SEE to them JESUS DIDNT DIE for that sin , CAUSE TO THEM ITS NOT SIN .
SEE the problem yet jim .
Folks who say their sins are not sins , ARE CALLING GOD A LIAR . THEY say
WE HAVE NOT SINNED , THIS IS NOT SIN . IN EFFECT they SURE DO CALL GOD A LIAR .
and the sin accepting jesus they ran to cant save them .
OH Its not the only sin , the most embraced sin of this age is and has been THE LOVE OF MONEY .
I mean why do you think churches no longer even warn out against certain sins jim .
THEY NEED to keep the house full so they can KEEP THEIR JOBS . THE LOVE OF MONEY TRULY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL .
AND IT AINT JUST RICH BILLIONARES that have the love of money . EVEN THE POOR CAN and DO LOVE MONEY .
More of your reactionary baloney. Now you're judging people who have more money than you.

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that Trump killed anyone. However, he inspired the violent January 6th insurrection in which people were killed. Whom did Hitler kill?

Shall we get back to the OP subject?

You have TDS. It was it was *nothing* like it was portrayed on media. *Nothing*

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amigo, that is not the blasphemy against the Spirit when the Spirit is on the outside of us and we still have the nature of Satan controlling us. No one, even the Pharisees were ineligible from being saved. Look at Paul. He was probably one of the Jewish Pharisees there damning themselves and their children when they crucified Christ! Hitler and Stalin did nothing compared to that!

Paul didn't come to Christ because he wanted to on his own. It took a supernatural act of God to convince Paul of who Jesus was. I don't know if that happens with every Christian, but it happened that way for me too. In 1977 I saw a vision and God spoke to me. Up till then, I didn't even know if God existed.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven, is when you've already used up the crucifixion of Christ that saves us by becoming born again and filled with the Spirit, and THEN sins willfully against the Spirit on the INSIDE. It is all there in Hebrews 10:26-39. Those who commit this sin go back to perdition (39), damned to HELL. To know what is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit study these verses.

There is no OSAS for them. They learn the hard way what is a doctrine of demons they rely on. Our assurance of salvation is through abiding IN Christ and He in us through KEEPING His commandments, not willfully breaking them. 1 John 3:24.

cc: @Jim B, hi friend, thought you could benefit from this too.

"sins willfully against the Spirit on the INSIDE." What does that mean?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have TDS. It was it was *nothing* like it was portrayed on media. *Nothing*
Yeah, right. It was all staged by some off-camera director. LOL!!! :jest:
"Seeing is believing"

Now, how about discussing the OP? Or should I just put you on "ignore"? Your choice.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@1st Century Lady, I appreciate all your posts. I think you are a very wise, Spirit-filled person who clearly expresses her thoughts.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Can someone explain why this sin is unforgivable unlike genocide, rape, and incest? Why is this sin unforgivable compared to what Hitler, Stalin and Muhammad the Islamic prophet did?

All sin is serious as it causes separation between God and Man. When we sin the Holy Spirit is instrumental in the reconciliation between us and God while we live on this earth. While it is not the Holy Spirit that saves us, he joins us with Christ.

If anyone does not have the Holy Spirit they do not belong to God.

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is like renouncing your citizenship in God's Kingdom. It is an irreversible act. The spring of life is cut off.

But be warned, it is a common practice by the occult to try and convince people that they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit when they have not. The liars seek only to discourage others from finding hope in Jesus Christ.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To sin against the holy spirit is not to sin against a person other than the Father, but to sin directly against the Father, because the holy spirit is an extension of Him that exercises power over whatever God wants to act upon.

We know that the holy spirit is the same as the Father (His extension) because when Jesus mentions forgivable sins, he mentions the Son of God, but does not mention the Father... It is because to sin against the holy spirit is to sin directly against the Father.

Lk. 12:10 And everyone who says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him, but whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven.

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All sin is serious as it causes separation between God and Man. When we sin the Holy Spirit is instrumental in the reconciliation between us and God while we live on this earth. While it is not the Holy Spirit that saves us, he joins us with Christ.

If anyone does not have the Holy Spirit they do not belong to God.

To blaspheme the Holy Spirit is like renouncing your citizenship in God's Kingdom. It is an irreversible act. The spring of life is cut off.

But be warned, it is a common practice by the occult to try and convince people that they have blasphemed the Holy Spirit when they have not. The liars seek only to discourage others from finding hope in Jesus Christ.
And how exactly does someone renounce their citizenship in heaven like that? Isn't that what Satan basically did? Why is this irreversible?

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Unforgivable" in one and only sense: when somebody disrespect God himself, the own Creator of the whole Universe, he is abandoning the source of his life, and that's the ultimate sin.

"Rape, genocide, and satanism" and every single known sin, will be equally unforgivable when the person who commited any of them never asked for forgiveness.

Acts 17:30 (...) God has overlooked the times of such ignorance; but now he is declaring to all people everywhere that they should repent. 31 Because he has set a day on which he purposes to judge the inhabited earth in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and he has provided a guarantee to all men by resurrecting him from the dead.
Why is that the ultimate sin? The Holy Spirit is God himself? So why is this only towards the Holy Spirit and not God the Father or the Son?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is that the ultimate sin?
That's explained in the post you're quoting. Ultimate is a word I use to express the idea.
The Holy Spirit is God himself?
Yes, as I already told you.
So why is this only towards the Holy Spirit and not God the Father or the Son?
That is answered before. Again:
To sin against the holy spirit is not to sin against a person other than the Father, but to sin directly against the Father, because the holy spirit is an extension of Him that exercises power over whatever God wants to act upon.

We know that the holy spirit is the same as the Father (His extension) because when Jesus mentions forgivable sins, he mentions the Son of God, but does not mention the Father... It is because to sin against the holy spirit is to sin directly against the Father.

Lk. 12:10 And everyone who says a word against the Son of man, it will be forgiven him, but whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit will not be forgiven.
Since sinning against the holy spirit is sinning against the Father:
that sin is "unforgivable" in one and only sense: when somebody disrespect God himself, the own Creator of the whole Universe, he is abandoning the source of his life, and that's the ultimate sin.

You need to reason the info quoted out of the Scriptures and the ideas others share with you to get the sense of the answers by yourself ... Nobody can do that for you.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Why is that the ultimate sin? The Holy Spirit is God himself? So why is this only towards the Holy Spirit and not God the Father or the Son?
The Holy Spirit is God within us, here on earth. The Father and Son are in heaven. By blaspheming we can not make God unwelcome in Heaven. But we could potentially remove him from our hearts.

Before Jesus the Holy Spirit did not indwell in the hearts of men. Not even the prophets had this relationship. The Spirit would visit then leave, there was always a divide between man and God. But with the sacrifice of Jesus the Spirit has come and that divide is no more.

• Love
Reactions: Jim B

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone explain why this sin is unforgivable unlike genocide, rape, and incest? Why is this sin unforgivable compared to what Hitler, Stalin and Muhammad the Islamic prophet did?
Study Hebrews 6.

Only one of God's elect given gifts of the world to come, but turns away to become an apostate, can commit the unpardonable sin.

The reason is about the idea of 'accountability'.

If you have "tasted of the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come", but then "fall away", and try to renew through repentance, that is to put Christ to an open shame. It is the unpardonable sin. Those given those proofs from God have no excuse to fall away from Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because God is a God of mercy and forgiveness, if someone truly repents of any of the above sins, even the most heinous of crimes against humanity, GOD FORGIVES !

We cannot comprehend a love like his where he would give of himself thru his Son to reconcile man back unto himself, as before sin came.

Yet we are to hate Father, mother, children even all others when the choice is between them or GOD.

Blasphemy is unforgivable because IT IS AGAINST GOD.

So too is unbelief.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"sins willfully against the Spirit on the INSIDE." What does that mean?

The Spirit is either on the outside of us DRAWING us to Christ through circumstances where we come in contact with those who can tell us about Christ (Romans 10:17), but once we repent we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and He comes into our heart and mind to transform us into the image of Christ. That is what is meant by becoming born again of the Spirit.

• Love

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven (and it was), but anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come

‘Holy’ is included to highlight the enormity of likening the unmistakable power of God with the “Lord of dung heap"

This sin cannot be forgiven, for God would be forcing forgiveness on someone who denies its power (impossible). Cain...Judas are examples of this.

While those horrendous acts are forgivable if the one guilty of them is not repentant, they can never be forgiven.

• Love

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, right. It was all staged by some off-camera director. LOL!!! :jest:
"Seeing is believing"

Now, how about discussing the OP? Or should I just put you on "ignore"? Your choice.
Sorry I must have spazzed and left out a word. I was there and it was nothing like reported

Jn1.Chris

May 25, 2023
Virginia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means that the person has been filled with the Holy Spirit, a.k.a., born again.
I know what Spirit-filled means.
The Spirit is either on the outside of us DRAWING us to Christ through circumstances where we come in contact with those who can tell us about Christ (Romans 10:17), but once we repent we receive the gift of the Holy Spirit and He comes into our heart and mind to transform us into the image of Christ. That is what is meant by becoming born again of the Spirit.
i know that but what do you mean in the quote?

Last edited: