Why is attributing the work of the Holy Spirit to Satan unforgivable??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jason1910

Sep 3, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone explain why this sin is unforgivable unlike genocide, rape, and incest? Why is this sin unforgivable compared to what Hitler, Stalin and Muhammad the Islamic prophet did?

Reactions: marks

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can someone explain why this sin is unforgivable unlike genocide, rape, and incest? Why is this sin unforgivable compared to what Hitler, Stalin and Muhammad the Islamic prophet did?
What makes you think that genocide, rape, and incest are forgivable? What makes you think that the actions of people like Hitler, Stalin, Muhammad, Trump and those who conducted the Crusades are forgivable?

Reactions: face2face

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God do what He does? I don't know that anyone can answer that. God gave Jesus the power to do the miracles and casting out unclean spirits by the Holy Spirit, for the purpose of proving to Israel that Jesus is their Messiah.

The rulers of the people declared the Spirit in Jesus was an unclean spirit, to denounce His works as evil, so the people wouldn't follow Him.

I've been victimized by others at times. And to me, those times have all been a part of the afflictions in my life that have actually served to pull me closer to God.

But what happens when those who should be pointing you to God, as you come in all your afflictions, and they are pointing you away from Him? Telling you to not believe? Telling you this Spirit Whom you think is good, to Whom you come for rescue, is evil?

Maybe in God's way that is sufficienty heinous to warrant unforgiveness.

Much love!

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of GOD .
Yet when a man denies and does despite unto the Spirit
HE DAMNS HIMSELF .
God gave the way out . His name be JESUS THE CHRIST and the ONLY CHRIST .
A man can be forgiven for all evils He has done .
Case in point . one man in particular had even the church detained and gave his voice against them
to help put them to death .
Any man can be forgiven of His evils , IF HE COMETH TO CHRIST .
BUT DENY HIM , DENY THE SPIRIT , and prepare to wail .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most will gladly follow one who does miracles .
But if a man cometh in the name of the LORD , it dont matter what he do
many do resist that one . Due to , they love their sin

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE DAMNS HIMSELF .
Case in point . one man in particular had even the church detained and gave his voice against them
LOL!!! :jest:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well this was not an individual but a national sin committed by Israel when Jesus was walking on the earth! It cannot happen again!

Let me explain.

When Jesus came , He came for Israel to save them. He proved His Messiahship and divinity by many miracles, but three in particular which the Pharisees taught that only Messiah could do, for they never happened in Israel before.

1. Healing of a man born blind (notice this miracle takes a whole chapter.)
2. Healing of Jewish Leper(s). Never happened until Jesus healed the ten. Once again this miracle took more space than many others.
3. Casting out of demon from a deaf mute. This miracle caused the Pharisees to say Jesus did miracles by Beelzebub. Why? Jews could cast out demon also, but they had to establish contact and learn the demons name in order to cast them out! IN this miracle found in Matt. 12, when Jesus performed it- the people turned ot the pharisees and asked a rhetorical question- Jesus is the Messiah isn't He? They asked for He performed all three miracles dubbed the Messianic miracles. It is then that they call Jesus filled with the Lord of the Flies (Beezebub). If one reads carefully in Matt. 12 on you see the whole focus of Jesus changes. He renounced the redemption of Israel for th at generation and begins teaching the apostles to found the church. He begins speaking to the public in parables to hide the truth from them and now only does miracles on the basis of personal faith.

He announced the sin unpardonable and pronounces judgment of that generation! that judgment for rejecting Jesus on the basis of demon possession was done in the Roman invasion and destruction of the temple and then diaspora from c. 66-135 AD. All this fulfilled prophecy.

so the blasphemy of the Spirit is a national sin, could only be committed by the nation of Israel and only when Jesus walked the earth!

Hope this helps.

Reactions: marks

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think that genocide, rape, and incest are forgivable? What makes you think that the actions of people like Hitler, Stalin, Muhammad, Trump and those who conducted the Crusades are forgivable?
JB, did I miss something? Who did Trump kill?

Reactions: Jack

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause Jesus said so! we make sins the issue when God makes Jesus the issue! Jesus is the acceptable sacrifice for the sins of the World! HIs shed blood makes all people forgivable. Gods love reaches past the most hideous of actions. It is not sin, but the fact all are born with a sin nature that is the issue. Even Judas Iscariot could have been forgiven if he truly repented.

I was a Satanist, Hedonist, sexual deviant, had a mafia contract on my life, a thief, liar etc.etc. God forgave me, He will forgive all who ask! No amount of sin is too great for God to forgive.

• Love
Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#1 - It is calling God a liar.

#2 - It is a direct satanic assault against the Body of Christ

#3 - It comes from the depths of satan which began in the Garden = "Did God really say"

#4 - It is Antichrist

#5 - It elevates man's unbelief and sins over the Grace and Goodness of God via His Holy Spirit

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HE DAMNS HIMSELF .
amigo, that is not the blasphemy against the Spirit when the Spirit is on the outside of us and we still have the nature of Satan controlling us. No one, even the Pharisees were ineligible from being saved. Look at Paul. He was probably one of the Jewish Pharisees there damning themselves and their children when they crucified Christ! Hitler and Stalin did nothing compared to that!

Paul didn't come to Christ because he wanted to on his own. It took a supernatural act of God to convince Paul of who Jesus was. I don't know if that happens with every Christian, but it happened that way for me too. In 1977 I saw a vision and God spoke to me. Up till then, I didn't even know if God existed.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven, is when you've already used up the crucifixion of Christ that saves us by becoming born again and filled with the Spirit, and THEN sins willfully against the Spirit on the INSIDE. It is all there in Hebrews 10:26-39. Those who commit this sin go back to perdition (39), damned to HELL. To know what is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit study these verses.

There is no OSAS for them. They learn the hard way what is a doctrine of demons they rely on. Our assurance of salvation is through abiding IN Christ and He in us through KEEPING His commandments, not willfully breaking them. 1 John 3:24.

cc: @Jim B, hi friend, thought you could benefit from this too.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JB, did I miss something? Who did Trump kill?
I didn't say that Trump killed anyone. However, he inspired the violent January 6th insurrection in which people were killed. Whom did Hitler kill?

Shall we get back to the OP subject?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cause Jesus said so! we make sins the issue when God makes Jesus the issue! Jesus is the acceptable sacrifice for the sins of the World! HIs shed blood makes all people forgivable. Gods love reaches past the most hideous of actions. It is not sin, but the fact all are born with a sin nature that is the issue. Even Judas Iscariot could have been forgiven if he truly repented.

I was a Satanist, Hedonist, sexual deviant, had a mafia contract on my life, a thief, liar etc.etc. God forgave me, He will forgive all who ask! No amount of sin is too great for God to forgive.
One must accept Jesus' sacrifice for their sins, otherwise they are not forgiven.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't say that Trump killed anyone. However, he inspired the violent January 6th insurrection in which people were killed. Whom did Hitler kill?

Shall we get back to the OP subject?

Through fake news who can tell if that is true or not? Anyway, enough about politics. I included you to read my teaching on the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
amigo, that is not the blasphemy against the Spirit when the Spirit is on the outside of us and we still have the nature of Satan controlling us. No one, even the Pharisees were ineligible from being saved. Look at Paul. He was probably one of the Jewish Pharisees there damning themselves and their children when they crucified Christ! Hitler and Stalin did nothing compared to that!

Paul didn't come to Christ because he wanted to on his own. It took a supernatural act of God to convince Paul of who Jesus was. I don't know if that happens with every Christian, but it happened that way for me too. In 1977 I saw a vision and God spoke to me. Up till then, I didn't even know if God existed.

The blasphemy against the Holy Spirit that cannot be forgiven, is when you've already used up the crucifixion of Christ that saves us by becoming born again and filled with the Spirit, and THEN sins willfully against the Spirit on the INSIDE. It is all there in Hebrews 10:26-39. Those who commit this sin go back to perdition (39), damned to HELL. To know what is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit study these verses.

There is no OSAS for them. They learn the hard way what is a doctrine of demons they rely on. Our assurance of salvation is through abiding IN Christ and He in us through KEEPING His commandments, not willfully breaking them. 1 John 3:24.

I agree totally. Why do you think I am benefitted from something I already know?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Through fake news who can tell if that is true or not? Anyway, enough about politics. I included you to read my teaching on the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.
Because it was broadcast on live television. Anyway, enough about politics.

I read your teaching on the Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Reactions: Cassandra

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its tied into it . BUT YES i know what the actual definition is .
OSAS , IS NOT WHAT I FOLLOW . IT has led folks away .
WE NEED EVERY WARNING and EVERY REMINDER . THEY all were SPIRIT INSPIRED .
The flesh is contrary and always will be . BUT OSAS
has sugar coated it , and thus folks dont see the warnings they way they ought to see them anymore .
OSAS did major damage .
WHILE it can quoate truths like , IF ONE comes out from us they were never TRULY OF US .
IT WONT quoate ALL REMINDERS which HELPED TO KEEP THE CHURCH SAFE and from falling .
No real gravity at all . OSAS is dangerous doctrine . IT leads folks away from the warnings THEY NEEDED TO KNOW and hear .
ALL reminders are GOOD FOR US . ALL of them are .