Why is Christianity so focused on Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
WRONG.

ALL people who ever lived are redeemed (paid for).
Charles Manson is paid for. Adolf Hitler is paid for. Whether they chose to repent is between them and God.

Jesus paid for ALL - but NOT all will be saved.
Yes, Jesus paid it all and not all will be saved. But not all are redeemed. You're only redeemed if you have come to Christ.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And EVERYBODY has been paid for. Unfortunately NOT all will choose top accept this gift.
God wills the salvation of ALL people (1 Tim. 2:4) but NOT all will be saved.
I asked you a question. What do you mean buy being forgiving of them'?

Is Christ's intersession to get us back into heaven? Or, is it to show that we belong in heaven? Please answer.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Yes, Jesus paid it all and not all will be saved. But not all are redeemed. You're only redeemed if you have come to Christ.

Stranger
"Redeemed" in the Protestant world is a misused term, which simply mean "Paid for".
We are ALL paid for but NOT all will cooperate and be saved

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I asked you a question. What do you mean buy being forgiving of them'?

Is Christ's intersession to get us back into heaven? Or, is it to show that we belong in heaven? Please answer.

Stranger
When did I say, "forgiving of them"?
I said, "We MUST confess our sins or we are not forgiven of them (1 John 1:9, James 5:16)."

This means that unless we repent of and confess our sins, we are not forgiven.
This is what the Bible says.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
"Redeemed" in the Protestant world is a misused term, which simply mean "Paid for".
We are ALL paid for but NOT all will cooperate and be saved
If you don't cooperate, you are not redeemed. The redeemed are those who cooperate.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
When did I say, "forgiving of them"?
I said, "We MUST confess our sins or we are not forgiven of them (1 John 1:9, James 5:16)."

This means that unless we repent of and confess our sins, we are not forgiven.
This is what the Bible says.
Your post #16. So, what do you mean by 'being forgiven of them'?

Pay attention. What do you mean when you say 'we are not forgiven'. Are we back into hell? Or what? It's not a hard question.

And, quit ignoring my question. Is Christ's intersession to get us back into heaven? Or is it to show that we belong in heaven? Again, please answer.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Your post #16. So, what do you mean by 'being forgiven of them'?

Pay attention. What do you mean when you say 'we are not forgiven'. Are we back into hell? Or what? It's not a hard question.

And, quit ignoring my question. Is Christ's intersession to get us back into heaven? Or is it to show that we belong in heaven? Again, please answer.

Stranger
I'm not "ignoring" anything. I'm trying to decipher your cryptic and badly-worded posts.

For the THIRD TIME:
1. If we don't repent of and confess our sins - they are NOT FORGIVEN (1 John 1:9, James 5:16).
I don't know how much clearer I can be.

2. Christ's intercession is for our salvation.
That's why He died on the cross - so that we might be saved by cooperating with God's grace.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
If you don't cooperate, you are not redeemed. The redeemed are those who cooperate.

Stranger
Wrong.

EVERYBODY has been paid for.
NOT everybody cooperates with God's grace. MOST will reject it (Matt. 7:13-14).

You are professing the false Calvinist fairy tale of Limited Atonement.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I'm not "ignoring" anything. I'm trying to decipher your cryptic and badly-worded posts.

For the THIRD TIME:
1. If we don't repent of and confess our sins - they are NOT FORGIVEN (1 John 1:9, James 5:16).
I don't know how much clearer I can be.

2. Christ's intercession is for our salvation.
That's why He died on the cross - so that we might be saved by cooperating with God's grace.

By 'badly worded' and 'cryptic' you mean you're having a hard time evading them. I understand.

Again, I asked you, does 'not being forgiven of them', mean we are back into hell? Please answer.

Again, simple question, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven? Or does it mean we belong in heaven? Again, please answer.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Wrong.

EVERYBODY has been paid for.
NOT everybody cooperates with God's grace. MOST will reject it (Matt. 7:13-14).

You are professing the false Calvinist fairy tale of Limited Atonement.

And those who reject are never redeemed.

Not true, I reject limited atonement. Just as I reject your claim that just because all sin is paid for then all are redeemed. None are redeemed until the come to Christ.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
By 'badly worded' and 'cryptic' you mean you're having a hard time evading them. I understand.

Again, I asked you, does 'not being forgiven of them', mean we are back into hell? Please answer.

Again, simple question, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven? Or does it mean we belong in heaven?

Stranger
I've already answered your questions. Read them SLOWLY.
Not really sure how much more I can "dumb"them down.

I don't know what you mean by "back into Heaven" when we were never there to begin with.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
And those who reject are never redeemed.

Not true, I reject limited atonement. Just as I reject your claim that just because all sin is paid for then all are redeemed. None are redeemed until the come to Christ.

Stranger
The definition of "Redeemed" is "Paid for" - like when you redeem aluminum cans at the recycling center.
If you have a different definition - it is of your own invention.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I've already answered your questions. Read them SLOWLY.
Not really sure how much more I can "dumb"them down.
I don't know what you mean by "back into Heaven" when we were never there to begin with.
What do you mean we were never there to begin with. Who is 1John 1:9 speaking to? Believers or unbelievers? So, again, I ask you, does 'being unforgiven of them' mean we are back into hell?

Christ is interceding in heaven for His people. So, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven. Or does it mean we belong in heaven?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
The definition of "Redeemed" is "Paid for" - like when you redeem aluminum cans at the recycling center.
If you have a different definition - it is of your own invention.
You have sin and you have the person. The sin is paid for. All of it. The person is not redeemed until they are in Christ. That is not my invention. It's the Bible.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
What do you mean we were never there to begin with. Who is 1John 1:9 speaking to? Believers or unbelievers? So, again, I ask you, does 'being unforgiven of them' mean we are back into hell?

Christ is interceding in heaven for His people. So, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven. Or does it mean we belong in heaven?

Stranger
YOU have been in Heaven??
What is it like because I've NEVER seen it - and neither have YOU.

I've never been to Hell, either - so what, exactly are you talking about?? 1 John 1:9 does NOT say we were once in Heaven.

THIS is what I mean about the "cryptic" and nonsensical posts of yours.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
YOU have been in Heaven??
What is it like because I've NEVER seen it - and neither have YOU.

I've never been to Hell, either - so what, exactly are you talking about??

THIS is what I mean about the "cryptic" and nonsensical posts of yours.
Your avoiding the questions, as usual. Who is 1John 1:9 speaking to, believers or non believers? So, again, I ask you, does 'being unforgiven of them' mean we are back in hell?

And again, and again, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven or does it mean we belong in heaven?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You have sin and you have the person. The sin is paid for. All of it. The person is not redeemed until they are in Christ. That is not my invention. It's the Bible.

Stranger
There Bible doesn't speak of TWO kinds of redemption - but ONE.
Either Jesus paid for ALL or He paid for NOBODY.

You're professing an even more twisted version of the false Calvinist doctrine of Limited Atonement.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
There Bible doesn't speak of TWO kinds of redemption - but ONE.
Either Jesus paid for ALL or He paid for NOBODY.

You're professing an even more twisted version of the false Calvinist doctrine of Limited Atonement.
Indeed, there is only one redemption.

The payment was for sin, in total. The person is not redeemed until he comes to Christ.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Your avoiding the questions, as usual. Who is 1John 1:9 speaking to, believers or non believers? So, again, I ask you, does 'being unforgiven of them' mean we are back in hell?

And again, and again, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven or does it mean we belong in heaven?

Stranger
Unless you can re-word your questions - I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.
I have amply answered BOTH questions.

If you want to continue to play games - might I suggest you grow up?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Unless you can re-word your questions - I have absolutely NO idea what you're talking about.
I have amply answered BOTH questions.
If you want to continue to play games - might I suggest you grow up?
Who is (1John 1:9) speaking to? Believers or non-believers? Again I ask you, does being 'unforgiven of them' mean we are back into hell?

And, again, does Christ's intersession mean getting us back into heaven, or does it mean we belong in heaven?

You haven't answered anything, as usual.

I see. It's games when you don't know what you're talking about. It's games when you can't answer the question, because you know the answer destroys your statements. Oh the games people play now.

Stranger