Why is Christianity so focused on Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Nothing like historical revisionism. Whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess.
The divorce from Christ's Catholic Church that is Protestantism came about when arrogant. spiritually-prideful men like Luther, Zwingili, Calvin, et al decided that they know better than God.

You're just a product of this divorce . . .
And again you fail to answer your contradictory statements involving literal interpretation.

And again, was it Christ's blood or not?

Again, (Pslams 37:39-40) show that salvation does not just speak to going to heaven.

Again, Christ paid the price for sin. Christ is the price because He is the Sacrifice. Those who are redeemed or only those who are in Christ. And only those who are born-again are in Christ.

Again, you failed to answer (Heb.9:20-22, 25-26, Ex. 12:13).

I know you like to throw smoke screens and avoid things you can't answer, but I remember. So, please address these. Can't you call the pope or someone?

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The divorce from Christ's Catholic Church that is Protestantism came about when arrogant. spiritually-prideful men like Luther, Zwingili, Calvin, et al decided that they know better than God.
No that came about when teh church in rome became teh church of Rome(babylon), the Roman catholic church, and went from being under Gods covering to being under romes rule, as for sin, why christians spend so much time troubled by it is because while they are focused on sin tehy are not focused on Christ, the enemy loves it.

Isa_30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Now can we please stop dividing Christ by denomination, no one has rule over God, no one.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
Still you say nothing of your contradictory statements where you dismiss what I say as 'literalist' and yet require in other discussions a literal wording found in the Bible. (Pslams 37::39-40) clearly show that salvation does not just speak to going to heaven. Yet you must disagree because the Roman Church does not believe it. You can't interpret on your own.
That is a myth. We can interpret the Bible on our own or there wouldn't be apologists. We are to remain within certain guidelines that give us much wider parameters than the damaging heresy of sola scriptura. Every church has parameters and guidelines or there would be more bizarre cults than there are now.

That is what has been drilled into your brain all your life. There were sins that you confuse with doctrinal corruption, and the basis of those sins was banned, but there never was any doctrinal corruption; Jesus promised it would never happen. You are saying He lied.
No, the Catholic Church goes back all the way to Pentacost. The Romanist heresy, and corruption in the Church, evolved over a long period of time. Then in the 16th century the Catholic Church ousted the Roman Church.
The Protestant revolutionaries were anti-Catholic, they were not the Catholic Church. "Roman Church" describing the historic universal Catholic Church is a cheap slogan. It excludes the other 22 rites that are all Catholic. "Roman Church" was first used as a insult by the Anglicans in the 16th century so they could keep the term "Catholic" for themselves. It is easier to use "CC" when referring to the historic Catholic Church, and it is more accurate.

The Bible repeatedly indicates the Church is infallible and indefectable; to claim otherwise is to go against the Bible. You cannot grasp the meaning of infallibility because the sola scriptura mindset won't permit it.

The Bible repeatedly teaches that the Church is indefectible; therefore, the hypothetical of rejecting the (one true, historic) Church, as supposedly going against the Bible, is impossible according to the Bible. It is not a situation that would ever come up, because of God’s promised protection.

What the Bible says is to reject those who cause divisions, which is the very essence of the onset of Protestantism: schism, sectarianism, and division. It is Protestantism that departed from the historic Church, which is indefectible and infallible (see also 1 Tim 3:15).

You fail the test of allegiance to God’s Word in Holy Scripture, and the historical pedigree that the fathers always taught was necessary. Every heretic in the history of the world thumbed their nose at the institutional Church and went by Scripture alone. It is the heretical worldview to do so, precisely because they know they can’t prove that their views were passed down through history in an unbroken succession.
Therefore, heresies and Protestantism either had to play games with history in order to pretend that it fits with their views, or ignore it altogether.

"The Romanist heresy, and corruption in the Church, evolved over a long period of time" is a good example of playing games with history. The heroic lives of the medieval saints are always ignored; you can only focus on our worst examples.

anticatholicism.jpg

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No just those that recognise it for what it is. Just as catholics are anti protestantsim. Now can we please get to teh things of God and not your church.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
mjrhealth said:
No just those that recognise it for what it is. Just as catholics are anti protestantsim. Now can we please get to teh things of God and not your church.
There are problems that cause division within both Catholicism and Protestantism, I can happily say I am not in either one of those categories. Was Jesus a catholic or protestant? Neither. Jesus was Christ, and we are the body of Christ. The dark ages was a result of division in the church and that division became very violent and many died, it was Christian vs Christian, and if one did not convert to the other denomination they would be killed.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Josho said:
There are problems that cause division within both Catholicism and Protestantism, I can happily say I am not in either one of those categories. Was Jesus a catholic or protestant? Neither. Jesus was Christ, and we are the body of Christ. The dark ages was a result of division in the church and that division became very violent and many died, it was Christian vs Christian, and if one did not convert to the other denomination they would be killed.
I don't think you understand the period called the 'dark ages'. What time frame are you talking about?

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
pradeep said:
Why can't it be just about experiencing the love of God? Why not just about knowing the Holy Spirit, living by the wisdom in the Bible?

Instead, new believers have to feel guilty about their Sin. Let's be honest, most people are not sinners but are struggling. They struggle in their jobs, their finances, their health etc.

They struggle to pay the bills, to find someone who actually cares about them.

They feel normal human emotions like anger, frustrations, hate, even lust.

Why is that evil?

Now such a person would love to experience the love of Jesus & the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

But to reach there, they first have to confess their sins, feel bad about themselves.

It is almost as if sin is the key concept in the Bible.

My parents know me with all my shortcomings. They still love me, and never ask me to confess my so called "sins" everyday for them to love me. Why is it different with God the Father then?

If Christianity was more about spreading the love and forgiveness of Jesus, and less about the condemnation of Sin - we would have lot more believers. Who doesn't want God as a personal friend?

And just for the sake of argument, here is what other religions say on the topic of sin:

Hinduism: The concept of Sin doesn't even exists. They have more of a guidelines about living an ethical life.
Islam: The concept of Sin exists, and good deeds must be performed regularly to outweight the quota of sin in a person's life.
Buddhism: The concept of Sin doesn't exists. "Paapa" or "Punya" are towards another person, whereas Biblical Sin is against God.
i think you can confidently assume that constantly returning to the subject of sin and death in any Model is a sign that something is not being perceived correctly on that level, and it has been postulated by many that we are basically attracted to death, skulls and whatnot, and even have a death-centered Christian model, most of the time, that preoccupies us with this. Imo you are right to question this model; after all, you don't see little kids doing this. God only asks "Who told you that you were naked?" Preoccupation with sin and death is possibly just another way to be under the law, and to keep people transfixed by the law.
https://www.wikihow.com/Recognize-the-Fallacy-of-Death-Centric-Western-Christian-Models

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
And again you fail to answer your contradictory statements involving literal interpretation.

And again, was it Christ's blood or not?

Again, (Pslams 37:39-40) show that salvation does not just speak to going to heaven.

Again, Christ paid the price for sin. Christ is the price because He is the Sacrifice. Those who are redeemed or only those who are in Christ. And only those who are born-again are in Christ.

Again, you failed to answer (Heb.9:20-22, 25-26, Ex. 12:13).

I know you like to throw smoke screens and avoid things you can't answer, but I remember. So, please address these. Can't you call the pope or someone?

Stranger
I haven't "failed" to answer anything.
Was it Jesus's blood that paid the price for out sins? Yup.

Is it YOUR money that pays for a loaf of bread. Yup.
Does that mean YOU are the price??

You like to argue for the sake of arguing and nothing else - even when there is NO logic in your argument..
So does your little minion mjrhealth.

It's really pathetic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
No that came about when teh church in rome became teh church of Rome(babylon), the Roman catholic church, and went from being under Gods covering to being under romes rule, as for sin, why christians spend so much time troubled by it is because while they are focused on sin tehy are not focused on Christ, the enemy loves it.

Isa_30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:

Now can we please stop dividing Christ by denomination, no one has rule over God, no one.
Nobody is dividing the Body by denomination but Protestants like yourself.
That's why there are almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions in Protestantism - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

Finally - God doesn't "cover" anybody with righteousness. That farce came from your Protestant father, Martin Luther and his analogy of "snow-covered dunghills" entering Heaven under God's nose.

God MAKES us righteous before entering Heaven (Heb. 12:23).

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nobody is dividing the Body by denomination but Protestants like yourself.
That's why there are almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions in Protestantism - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

Finally - God doesn't "cover" anybody with righteousness. That farce came from your Protestant father, Martin Luther and his analogy of "snow-covered dunghills" entering Heaven under God's nose.

God MAKES us righteous before entering Heaven (Heb. 12:23
Go back and read your posts, everwhere you divide the church. Just remeber all those splitered churches have a mother who was teh worst thats why they left. Do you know why men can stand before God today,?? Because they came to Christ and put on Hid righteousness so that God cant see the man but His resurected son. No sinner can stand before God for in that stae we would surely perish.

Php_3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Far to many christians trying to eneter in by works

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I haven't "failed" to answer anything.
Was it Jesus's blood that paid the price for out sins? Yup.

Is it YOUR money that pays for a loaf of bread. Yup.
Does that mean YOU are the price??

You like to argue for the sake of arguing and nothing else - even when there is NO logic in your argument..

It's really pathetic . . .
When I buy a loaf of bread for certain amount of money, then I am not the price. If I had bought the loaf of bread with my blood, then I would have been the price. Talk about no logic, and you cannot follow a simple analogy.

When Jesus Christ pays for sin with His blood, His blood is the price. He is the price.

Still waiting for some answers concerning my questions in post #101. But, not particularly hopeful. That's fine. Unanswered questions, answer a lot.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I am no mans minion i am teh property of Jesus who paid teh price for me, just as you are thre property of your church for you gave your life to it. Cant you understand such simple things.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Go back and read your posts, everwhere you divide the church. Just remeber all those splitered churches have a mother who was teh worst thats why they left. Do you know why men can stand before God today,?? Because they came to Christ and put on Hid righteousness so that God cant see the man but His resurected son. No sinner can stand before God for in that stae we would surely perish.

Php_3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:

Eph 3:10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
Eph 3:11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
Eph 3:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Far to many christians trying to eneter in by works
I have never "divided" the Church in ANY of my posts. That would be like blaming the news anchor destroying the World Trade Center because he reported the news of it.
I am merely pointing out the perpetual division created by Protestantism.

Try as you may -you can't blame the Protestant Revolt on me. Look to YOUR Protestant Fathers.
I wasn't born until about 550 years AFTER the splintering . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
When I buy a loaf of bread for certain amount of money, then I am not the price. If I had bought the loaf of bread with my blood, then I would have been the price. Talk about no logic, and you cannot follow a simple analogy.

When Jesus Christ pays for sin with His blood, His blood is the price. He is the price.

Still waiting for some answers concerning my questions in post #101. But, not particularly hopeful. That's fine. Unanswered questions, answer a lot.

Stranger
If you paid with your blood - YOU still wouldn't be the price.
Your BLOOD would be the price.

Hopefully - you are FAR more than your blood - but I'm not holding my breath

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
I am no mans minion i am teh property of Jesus who paid teh price for me, just as you are thre property of your church for you gave your life to it. Cant you understand such simple things.
My mistake.
You're the minion of the "Generals" over at the cult of "aggressivechristianity.com".

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
If you paid with your blood - YOU still wouldn't be the price.
Your BLOOD would be the price.

Hopefully - you are FAR more than your blood - but I'm not holding my breath
(Lev. 17:11) "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

(Acts 28:20) "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

Blood is the price. The sacrifice is the price. Jesus is the sacrifice and thus is the price.

Unanswered questions, answer a lot. See post #101.

Stranger

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My mistake.
You're the minion of the "Generals" over at the cult of "aggressivechristianity.com".
Yes you make so many, you need to get out more and stop being so aggressive, I assume that is why you spend so much time over there.

Try as you may -you can't blame the Protestant Revolt on me. Look to YOUR Protestant Fathers.
I wasn't born until about 550 years AFTER the splintering . . .
Not your fault. it was the fault of your church, if it was teh church it claims to be people would never had reason to leave, and since this topic is about sin, it fits right in.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
(Lev. 17:11) "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

(Acts 28:20) "Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood."

Blood is the price. The sacrifice is the price. Jesus is the sacrifice and thus is the price.

Unanswered questions, answer a lot. See post #101.

Stranger
Lev. 17:11 is talking about not consuming the blood of ANIMALS because the life of the animal is is the blood.
That doesn't mean that if you drained all of the blood of a baboon into a bowl - you would have a bowl of baboon. All you would have is the BLOOD.

The "LIFE" this verse is referring to is NOT the WHOLE being. Jesus wasn't simply blood - and neither are YOU.
We are blood and flesh and SPIRIT. Without any ONE of these elements, you don't have a person.

I really can't believe that I'm having to explain this to you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mjrhealth said:
Yes you make so many, you need to get out more and stop being so aggressive, I assume that is why you spend so much time over there.
Another dodge.
Every time I point to your online cult and your little "Generals" over at aggressivechristianity.net - you dance around the issue . . .

mjrhealth said:
Not your fault. it was the fault of your church, if it was teh church it claims to be people would never had reason to leave, and since this topic is about sin, it fits right in.
Blaming the Church for the Protestant Revolt is like blaming a wife for a divorce because her husband left her for another woman.

Only, in the case of Protestantism, it's more like 50,000 different women and counting . . .