Why is Christianity so focused on Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I already answered that.
I'll educate you again:

Psalm 37:39-40
39 The salvation of the righteous is from the Lord,
their refuge in a time of distress.
40 The Lord helps and delivers them;
He will deliver them from the wicked and WILL SAVE THEM
because they take refuge in Him.

Pay CLOSE attention to the words in large BOLD CAPS.
This illustrates the ONLY salvation that the Bible speaks of: HEAVEN.
This is not talking about heaven. It is talking about deliverance from their enemies here and now on earth. Thus salvation doesn't always mean going to heaven.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I never said Jesus didn't pay the full price. He did. He paid the price for sin. He not only paid the price, He is the price. At it is only in Him that redemption occurs. Unless one is in Him, then there is no redemption. Unless one comes to Christ in faith, there is no redemption.

Stranger
Illustrating once more that you have absolutely NO grasp on what redemption is.

Also - Jesus PAID the price of sin - He isn't the price for sin.
The price of sin is DEATH. Jesus is LIFE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
This is not talking about heaven. It is talking about deliverance from their enemies here and now on earth. Thus salvation doesn't always mean going to heaven.

Stranger
No -it's protection - NOT salvation.
God protects wicked people sometimes in order to do His will. That doesn't mean that they're saved.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Illustrating once more that you have absolutely NO grasp on what redemption is.

Also - Jesus PAID the price of sin - He isn't the price for sin.
The price of sin is DEATH. Jesus is LIFE.
It was Jesus's blood that was given...correct? Which resulted in His death. He was the price because it was His blood that paid for sin.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
It was Jesus's blood that was given...correct? Which resulted in His death. He was the price because it was His blood that paid for sin.

Stranger
No - He PAID the price, which was death (Rom. 6:3).
HE is not the price.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
No -it's protection - NOT salvation.
God protects wicked people sometimes in order to do His will. That doesn't mean that they're saved.
It says it is salvation. (Psalm 37:39) "But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD". The point here is that salvation doesn't just mean going to heaven. You have to determine which aspect of salvation is being addressed.

And, note that it said "the salvation of the righteous'. Those being saved here are already saved and going to heaven. Thus this salvation speaks to deliverance in the here and now.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
No - He PAID the price, which was death (Rom. 6:3).
HE is not the price.
Of course He died. Was it His blood or not?

(Heb.9:20-22) "Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

(Heb. 9:25-26) "Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others...but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

(Ex.12:13) "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you...."

When Christ is the sacrifice, He not only paid the price, but He is the price.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
It says it is salvation. (Psalm 37:39) "But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD". The point here is that salvation doesn't just mean going to heaven. You have to determine which aspect of salvation is being addressed.

And, note that it said "the salvation of the righteous'. Those being saved here are already saved and going to heaven. Thus this salvation speaks to deliverance in the here and now.

Stranger
Good grief - your inability to discern the Word of God is astounding, given how much you debate.
It speaks of God's PROTECTION. Your problem is that you're such an absolutist and a Scriptural literalist that it blinds you to the obvious.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Of course He died. Was it His blood or not?

(Heb.9:20-22) "Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission."

(Heb. 9:25-26) "Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others...but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself."

(Ex.12:13) "And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy you...."

When Christ is the sacrifice, He not only paid the price, but He is the price.

Stranger
Wrong.

NOWHERE does Scripture even IMPLY that Jesus is death.
It DOES say - explicitly, I might add, than death is the price of sin (Rom. 6:3).

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Good grief - your inability to discern the Word of God is astounding, given how much you debate.
It speaks of God's PROTECTION. Your problem is that you're such an absolutist and a Scriptural literalist that it blinds you to the obvious.
That's interesting. In another discussion of ours, you demanded where in Scripture it says there is a throne of God on the earth. You demanded the literal wording. Now, with the literal wording against you, you call me a literalist who must be dismissed.

I understand. Your a Romanist. You have no choice in the matter. The Roman Church tells you what you must believe. You cant see Scripture for yourself.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Wrong.

NOWHERE does Scripture even IMPLY that Jesus is death.
It DOES say - explicitly, I might add, than death is the price of sin (Rom. 6:3).
So Scripture is wrong? You offer nothing to explain the Scriptures I gave other then to say, 'wrong'. That's deep.

As I said above, you're a Romanist. You can't think on your own. You can't interpret Scripture on your own, even when it goes against what your belief is. You have to believe what the Romanist Church tells you. What a great organization.

And again, was it Jesus's blood or not?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
So Scripture is wrong? You offer nothing to explain the Scriptures I gave other then to say, 'wrong'. That's deep.

As I said above, you're a Romanist. You can't think on your own. You can't interpret Scripture on your own, even when it goes against what your belief is. You have to believe what the Romanist Church tells you. What a great organization.

And again, was it Jesus's blood or not?

Stranger
No, Scripture ISN'T wrong - and that's my point.
Rom. 6:3 says that the price for sin is death. YOU say, it's Jesus.

I'll go with the Bible . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
That's interesting. In another discussion of ours, you demanded where in Scripture it says there is a throne of God on the earth. You demanded the literal wording. Now, with the literal wording against you, you call me a literalist who must be dismissed.

I understand. Your a Romanist. You have no choice in the matter. The Roman Church tells you what you must believe. You cant see Scripture for yourself.

Stranger
And the attitude that Christ's Church doesn't have Authority is precisely why there are tens of thousands of disjointed, perpetually-splintering factions - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."
This doesn't include the countless millions of "Lone Ranger" and pseudo Christians like you and who make up their own rules as they go along.

Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth - not YOU.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
No, Scripture ISN'T wrong - and that's my point.
Rom. 6:3 says that the price for sin is death. YOU say, it's Jesus.

I'll go with the Bible . . .
If Scriputre isn't wrong, then what does (Heb.9:20-22, 25-26, Ex. 12:13) say? They show Christ was the price. His blood was the price.

(Rom. 6:3) says nothing about the price of sin being death. "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death." The One Who pays the price will die, because the price is blood...life.

No, you don't go with the Bible. You go with what the Romanists tell you to go with. You are not free to interpret the Bible.

Again, was it Jesus's blood or not?

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And the attitude that Christ's Church doesn't have Authority is precisely why there are tens of thousands of disjointed, perpetually-splintering factions - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."
This doesn't include the countless millions of "Lone Ranger" and pseudo Christians like you and who make up their own rules as they go along.

Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of Truth - not YOU.
You explain nothing of your contradictory statements of requiring of me an exact literal wording in one post and then in another claiming statements should be dismissed for being a literalist. You contradict yourself because your doctrine is 'contradictory'.

Yes, Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. But that is not the Romanist church. That is the Catholic Church. Which I and all born again believers are part of. No thanks to you or the Pope.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
If Scriputre isn't wrong, then what does (Heb.9:20-22, 25-26, Ex. 12:13) say? They show Christ was the price. His blood was the price.

(Rom. 6:3) says nothing about the price of sin being death. "Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into His death." The One Who pays the price will die, because the price is blood...life.

No, you don't go with the Bible. You go with what the Romanists tell you to go with. You are not free to interpret the Bible.

Again, was it Jesus's blood or not?

Stranger
A mere typo.
It is Romans 6:23 that tells us the wages of sin is DEATH.

Again - Jesus PAID the price. He ISN'T the price.
That's as moronic as saying that I bought a loaf of bread so I am the price of that bread.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You explain nothing of your contradictory statements of requiring of me an exact literal wording in one post and then in another claiming statements should be dismissed for being a literalist. You contradict yourself because your doctrine is 'contradictory'.

Yes, Christ's Church is the pillar and foundation of the truth. But that is not the Romanist church. That is the Catholic Church. Which I and all born again believers are part of. No thanks to you or the Pope.

Stranger
Not sure what the "Romanist" Church is and I've never heard of it.
That CATHOLIC Church, however is the Church instituted by Christ.

You can whine about it all day long and the facts remain:
- We can PROVE it is - and document that proof.
- YOU can only go back as far as the 16th century - although MOST of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions of Protestantism can only go back to the last 75 years or less . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
A mere typo.
It is Romans 6:23 that tells us the wages of sin is DEATH.

Again - Jesus PAID the price. He ISN'T the price.
That's as moronic as saying that I bought a loaf of bread so I am the price of that bread.
Another typo. Copied again didn't you? Do you own a Bible?

Indeed the wages of sin is death. (Rom. 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." This is the 'wages' of sin for the believer that is being addressed. It brings death. It is not saying anything about the 'price' that must be paid for sin.

It's not moronic when you read (Heb. 9:20-22, 25-26, Ex.12:13) Which you ignore.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Not sure what the "Romanist" Church is and I've never heard of it.
That CATHOLIC Church, however is the Church instituted by Christ.

You can whine about it all day long and the facts remain:
- We can PROVE it is - and document that proof.
- YOU can only go back as far as the 16th century - although MOST of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering factions of Protestantism can only go back to the last 75 years or less . . .
Still you say nothing of your contradictory statements where you dismiss what I say as 'literalist' and yet require in other discussions a literal wording found in the Bible. (Pslams 37::39-40) clearly show that salvation does not just speak to going to heaven. Yet you must disagree because the Roman Church does not believe it. You can't interpret on your own.

No, the Catholic Church goes back all the way to Pentacost. The Romanist heresy, and corruption in the Church, evolved over a long period of time. Then in the 16th century the Catholic Church ousted the Roman Church.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Another typo. Copied again didn't you? Do you own a Bible?

Indeed the wages of sin is death. (Rom. 6:23) "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." This is the 'wages' of sin for the believer that is being addressed. It brings death. It is not saying anything about the 'price' that must be paid for sin.

It's not moronic when you read (Heb. 9:20-22, 25-26, Ex.12:13) Which you ignore.

Stranger
Stranger said:
Still you say nothing of your contradictory statements where you dismiss what I say as 'literalist' and yet require in other discussions a literal wording found in the Bible. (Pslams 37::39-40) clearly show that salvation does not just speak to going to heaven. Yet you must disagree because the Roman Church does not believe it. You can't interpret on your own.

No, the Catholic Church goes back all the way to Pentacost. The Romanist heresy, and corruption in the Church, evolved over a long period of time. Then in the 16th century the Catholic Church ousted the Roman Church.

Stranger
Nothing like historical revisionism. Whatever makes you sleep at night, I guess.
The divorce from Christ's Catholic Church that is Protestantism came about when arrogant. spiritually-prideful men like Luther, Zwingili, Calvin, et al decided that they know better than God.

You're just a product of this divorce . . .