Why is Christianity so focused on Sin?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mungo said:
I thought it was a simple comment. What do you not understand?
Still waiting for BreadOfLife to answer my questions in post #137. Now another Romanist who doesn't like answering questions.

Yours was a 'simple' comment. I asked you to explain that simple comment. You say 'price' and 'purchase' are metaphors. Explain how they are metaphors. Who says, you? How did you determine that they are metaphors.?

Simple questions concerning a simple statement.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
If you answer the questions I just asked you, you would have the answer to your questions. So, answer mine first. Don't copy.

Stranger
That's what I thought - you have NO answer.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
This doesn't make sense to me. I dont see how accepting the fact that Jesus is both fully man and fully God as the only one able to satisfy the requirements of our justification through his death means a person must reject his deity. Are you trying to suggest that somehow Jesus was separated from his divinity when he died?
When YOU die - does your soul die?
If you are murdered - does the murderer also kill your soul??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Still waiting for BreadOfLife to answer my questions in post #137. Now another Romanist who doesn't like answering questions.
Ummmm, post 137 was MY post - and it was YOU who couldn't answer the questions . . .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Stranger said:

Yours was a 'simple' comment. I asked you to explain that simple comment. You say 'price' and 'purchase' are metaphors. Explain how they are metaphors. Who says, you? How did you determine that they are metaphors.?

Simple questions concerning a simple statement.

Stranger
I haven't failed to answer your questions since you didn't ask any.
"Explain" is an imperative not a question.

You are the one who failed to answer a question. I asked you "What do you not understand?"

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Ummmm, post 137 was MY post - and it was YOU who couldn't answer the questions . . .
BreadOfLife said:
My questions are there in post #137. And they are in 136. But you never answered them. You ignore them and instead give me some questions.

Your position is full of holes. Untenable. That's the way it is when you must trust others to do the study...when you must believe what they tell you to. You ignore the questions because you don't have an answer. The only reason I ignore yours in #137 is you must answer mine first.

As I said before, unanswered questions are an answer themselves.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
That's what I thought - you have NO answer.
Why should I answer your questions when I asked first? You have given no answer. And as I said, if you answered my questions in #136, you would have your answer to your questions.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Why should I answer your questions when I asked first? You have given no answer. And as I said, if you answered my questions in #136, you would have your answer to your questions.

Stranger
I've answered ALL of your questions - and that's just it.
You don't respond to them - you just ask more questions.

Ho about answering one, for a change . . .

Was Christ's divinity the price for sin??
Did his divinity die??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
My questions are there in post #137. And they are in 136. But you never answered them. You ignore them and instead give me some questions.

Your position is full of holes. Untenable. That's the way it is when you must trust others to do the study...when you must believe what they tell you to. You ignore the questions because you don't have an answer. The only reason I ignore yours in #137 is you must answer mine first.

As I said before, unanswered questions are an answer themselves.

Stranger
And inventing new doctrines as YOU do is why your position is untenable.
Dodging questions and demanding answers to yours is just another cop-out . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I've answered ALL of your questions - and that's just it.
You don't respond to them - you just ask more questions.

Ho about answering one, for a change . . .

Was Christ's divinity the price for sin??
Did his divinity die??
I asked in post #136, In post #82 you said the price of sin is death and that Jesus paid the price. How then are 'you' not saying that God died? Or, are you saying Jesus is not God?

I asked in post #136, You says Jesus is far more than blood. So? Blood is what is required.

You say you answered these. Where? Please answer them.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
And inventing new doctrines as YOU do is why your position is untenable.
Dodging questions and demanding answers to yours is just another cop-out . . .
You're a copycat. You must rely on others knowledge. You have nothing to offer. As I said, that is the way it is when you have to depend on others for what you believe. Because you haven't done the study yourself. When one does their own study, they can at least support their position. You can't do that, and neither can the other Romanists, because yall rely on others to tell you what you believe. What a great system that is.

Do you own a Bible? That is another question I don't remember you answering. Quick, go out and purchase one so you can tell me yes. And 'purchase' is not a metaphor.

Stranger

Wormwood

Chaps
Apr 9, 2013
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When YOU die - does your soul die?
If you are murdered - does the murderer also kill your soul??
Still doesn't make sense to me. What does whether or not Jesus, himself, was the price for our sins have to do with the status of human souls or Jesus' soul upon death. I mean, if you are trying to parse out the divine soul of Jesus, should we say that Jesus had both a divine soul, plus the Holy Spirit, plus a human soul?

It just seems unnecessary to try to parse all this out when none of it is needed to claim that Jesus' death was the price that was paid for our redemption. The status of the soul of Jesus has no bearing on the fact that the sinless Son of God had to die to be the propitiation for our sins. But maybe I am missing something.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
I asked in post #136, In post #82 you said the price of sin is death and that Jesus paid the price. How then are 'you' not saying that God died? Or, are you saying Jesus is not God?

I asked in post #136, You says Jesus is far more than blood. So? Blood is what is required.

You say you answered these. Where? Please answer them.

Stranger
I never said that Jesus is not God. We Catholics are the ones who taught YOU that He is.

I merely asked YOU if His divinity the price for sin?? I asked you - did his divinity die??
For 2 pages now, you’ve been dodging this question by ranting and raving about me.

If you can’t answer the question – just say so and move on . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You're a copycat. You must rely on others knowledge. You have nothing to offer. As I said, that is the way it is when you have to depend on others for what you believe. Because you haven't done the study yourself. When one does their own study, they can at least support their position. You can't do that, and neither can the other Romanists, because yall rely on others to tell you what you believe. What a great system that is.

Do you own a Bible? That is another question I don't remember you answering. Quick, go out and purchase one so you can tell me yes. And 'purchase' is not a metaphor.

Stranger
I belong to the ONE Church built by Jesus.

He gave that ONE Church supreme Authority on earth - that WHATEVER that Church ordained on earth would ALSO be ordained in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).
He guaranteed His Church that it would be led to ALL truth by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15). He never gave that guarantee or to the individual - but only to His Church.

Your claim that all I have to do is study the Bible and come to my own conclusions is condemned by Jesus.
This moronic assertion is the reason we have almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

Faith isn't just about believing and studying the Bible.
It's about submitting to the will of God and being obedient - but YOU go ahead and to it your way . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wormwood said:
Still doesn't make sense to me. What does whether or not Jesus, himself, was the price for our sins have to do with the status of human souls or Jesus' soul upon death. I mean, if you are trying to parse out the divine soul of Jesus, should we say that Jesus had both a divine soul, plus the Holy Spirit, plus a human soul?

It just seems unnecessary to try to parse all this out when none of it is needed to claim that Jesus' death was the price that was paid for our redemption. The status of the soul of Jesus has no bearing on the fact that the sinless Son of God had to die to be the propitiation for our sins. But maybe I am missing something.
The only thing you seem to be missing is that Jesus is GOD.
My question was a simple one: Did God die on the cross?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I never said that Jesus is not God. We Catholics are the ones who taught YOU that He is.

I merely asked YOU if His divinity the price for sin?? I asked you - did his divinity die??
For 2 pages now, you’ve been dodging this question by ranting and raving about me.
If you can’t answer the question – just say so and move on . . .
You accused me of saying God died. Yet you said Jesus paid for sin with His death. So, how is that not saying that God died, unless you don't believe Jesus is God?

Your not 'catholic'. Your a Romanist. I am Catholic, because I hold to the universal Church, the Body of Jesus Christ.

I haven't been ranting and raving. Just showing how mistaken and confused you are. Again, you said you answered my questions, but you can't show where. Because you haven't.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
I belong to the ONE Church built by Jesus.
He gave that ONE Church supreme Authority on earth - that WHATEVER that Church ordained on earth would ALSO be ordained in Heaven (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 20:21-23).
He guaranteed His Church that it would be led to ALL truth by the Holy Spirit (John 16:12-15). He never gave that guarantee or to the individual - but only to His Church.

Your claim that all I have to do is study the Bible and come to my own conclusions is condemned by Jesus.
This moronic assertion is the reason we have almost 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant factions - ALL teaching different doctrines yet ALL claiming to have the "Truth."

Faith isn't just about believing and studying the Bible.
It's about submitting to the will of God and being obedient - but YOU go ahead and to it your way...

The reason you have Protestants is because of the error of the Roman Church. Don't blame us. You couldn't keep your own house in order. You allowed the heresy to enter and infect the Church. As a result, the Catholic Church had to kick you out.

Roman Catholic is an oxymoron... no pun intended.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
You accused me of saying God died. Yet you said Jesus paid for sin with His death. So, how is that not saying that God died, unless you don't believe Jesus is God?

Your not 'catholic'. Your a Romanist. I am Catholic, because I hold to the universal Church, the Body of Jesus Christ.

I haven't been ranting and raving. Just showing how mistaken and confused you are. Again, you said you answered my questions, but you can't show where. Because you haven't.

Stranger
I never accused you of saying that God died.
I asked you if God died and you have YET to answer.

You're not a Catholic - you're a Protestant.
There is no such thing as a "Romanist". That's just a pathetic little pejorative slung by anti-Catholics like yourself.