Why is Church so Boring?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
I know that when I have attended home studies and home worship services verses attending a weekly church session I have gained so much more, including the sense that TRUE worship went on in that place. The intimacy of those meetings and the openness for all to be involved was just right for me. I found it quite fulfilling, even exciting...leaving most church services that I have attended I merely wanted to go take a nap for the weight of those places tends to tire me out, it was like I was carrying a wet wool blanket over my shoulders dragging me down and leaving me exhausted....why is that?blessings

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Havng experienced all types of churches and meetings, from the home fellowship to the status quo type and the stir them up modern expression, I can only put it down to one thing. God has deposited in you a dynamic ministry that is there not to be left on the shelf or dished out according to a programme. He has put his treasure in earthen vessels (that's you and me) and we are called to give and minister according to what he has deposited in us.The average church service whether it is electronic or status quo does best at stopping most people from ever ministering according to their gifting. Because you were meant to bless the body with your gift and have every right to, when the opportunity is not there, it is like buying a car and putting it in the garage and never using it.When you are in a gathering in the home and it is an open meeting that anyone can contribute to and which you should expect to do your spirit comes alive because you are ministering according to your gifting that was given to you with God's annointing. This is known as the priesthood of all believers.To be active in this way you do not need degrees, bible college training, to be a "credentialed" minister, wear fancy clothes, prepare sermons or programmes. All you do is share what is in your heart when you have the annointing to do so because that is what the Holy Spirit intended you to do.When you do that it is spirit and life because only the Holy Spirit knows what each person needs so he will call on whoever he believes can minister life and edify those in the room.