Why Is It So Hard?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is Good Friday which I have mixed emotions about. I feel extremely sad and guilty that Jesus took the penalty for my sins and went through all of that for me but yet I still sin, but why am I still so sad since I know the ending of the story and I'll soon be praising the fact that we will be remembering His resurrection? His death is still just very depressing and confusing for me because I know I don't deserve my salvation, but yet I'm still thankful that He died for me so that I could be reconciled with Him. I just hate that He had to go through all that though. :(

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is Good Friday which I have mixed emotions about. I feel extremely sad and guilty that Jesus took the penalty for my sins and went through all of that for me but yet I still sin, but why am I still so sad since I know the ending of the story and I'll soon be praising the fact that we will be remembering His resurrection? His death is still just very depressing and confusing for me because I know I don't deserve my salvation, but yet I'm still thankful that He died for me so that I could be reconciled with Him. I just hate that He had to go through all that though. :(

Hey April. Best way to thank Jesus is to abide in Him and follow His ways. :) Conviction is important. Guilt, confusion, and depression is from the enemy. Just remember:

" There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."
Romans 8:1

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey April. Best way to thank Jesus is to abide in Him and follow His ways. :) Conviction is important. Guilt, confusion, and depression is from the enemy. Just remember:

"Therefore there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1

I follow them to the best of my ability but I only half agree with all that. Sure I shouldn't feel guilty, but the fact that I feel that way and depressed is because I love Jesus.

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow them to the best of my ability but I only half agree with all that. Sure I shouldn't feel guilty, but the fact that I feel that way and depressed is because I love Jesus.

Well, as long as it isn't weighing you down from serving God or causing anxiety in your mind, that is a good thing, I think. I believe there is a Godly sorrow, leading to repentance. Jesus sacrifice definitely brings Godly sorrow.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, as long as it isn't weighing you down from serving God or causing anxiety in your mind, that is a good thing, I think. I believe there is a Godly sorrow, leading to repentance. Jesus sacrifice definitely brings Godly sorrow.

Yeah and every time I watch something that shows His crucifixion and death I start crying or at least tearing up. It's very disturbing to me as it should be. :(

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah and every time I watch something that shows His crucifixion and death I start crying or at least tearing up. It's very disturbing to me as it should be. :(
@April_Rose ...please take a listen to this song. I wasn't thinking of you when the song came to mind, but upon listening to the words, it fits with what you're saying. ❤
What are you listening to right now?

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@April_Rose ...please take a listen to this song. I wasn't thinking of you when the song came to mind, but upon listening to the words, it fits with what you're saying. ❤
What are you listening to right now?

Yep,.. burst into tears the moment I heard something about being one of the nails in His hands because that's exactly how I feel. I had to stop eating because I was crying too hard. :'(

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tagging my online father @JohnDB because he is always saying that he basically killed Jesus too. :(

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep,.. burst into tears the moment I heard something about being one of the nails in His hands because that's exactly how I feel. I had to stop eating because I was crying too hard. :'(
Aww, sis ...bring that brokenness to Him. That's brokenness He can do something with... He's working, just ask Him to have His way.❤

Reactions: April_Rose

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, this was what Jesus chose to do so you could be with Him. All the suffering proves just how much He loves you.

God could have returned us to Him in any way He liked. He did this so that you would have the evidence of His love.

Much love!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember, this was what Jesus chose to do so you could be with Him. All the suffering proves just how much He loves you.

God could have returned us to Him in any way He liked. He did this so that you would have the evidence of His love.

Much love!
Yes, yes!! It is love that sent Him here ...it was love that took Him to the cross .... and now, we see the evidence of His love...and we love Him because He first loved us! This is the foundation and where we are rooted ... in love! And this love is the basis of all we do ... in living for Him, and if need be, suffering for Him ... or dying for Him. Praise God!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, yes!! It is love that sent Him here ...it was love that took Him to the cross .... and now, we see the evidence of His love...and we love Him because He first loved us! This is the foundation and where we are rooted ... in love! And this love is the basis of all we do ... in living for Him, and if need be, suffering for Him ... or dying for Him. Praise God!
All His love for us!

I'm sad I could only give 1 like!

Much love!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww, sis ...bring that brokenness to Him. That's brokenness He can do something with... He's working, just ask Him to have His way.❤

I can't because I can't even open my mouth right now because all I keep hearing at the moment is hearing His voice saying that He loves me over and over and just to calm down and be still and let Him comfort me. :)

So you probably know how that feels. :(

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't because I can't even open my mouth right now because all I keep hearing at the moment is hearing His voice saying that He loves me over and over and just to calm down and be still and let Him comfort me.
That sounds soothing! He loves to soothe our hearts, I think!

Much love!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sounds soothing! He loves to soothe our hearts, I think!

Much love!

Yeah, I'm starting to calm down now and I know His voice by now because this isn't the first time that I've heard it (although this time it isn't audible) and it probably won't be the last either. He doesn't like it one bit when I cry, but then again I don't know one single parent that does.

Reactions: marks

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't because I can't even open my mouth right now because all I keep hearing at the moment is hearing His voice saying that He loves me over and over and just to calm down and be still and let Him comfort me. :)
BEAUTIFUL..... love it!! Thank You, Jesus!!! :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BEAUTIFUL..... love it!! Thank You, Jesus!!! :)

Yep in other words I couldn't even ask Him for help and tell Him that I was in trouble as He wouldn't let me. XD Probably because He already knew of course. :D

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That sadness and hatred that He had to go through that for us stems from human pride. It is a false emotion that our fallen nature projects in us that we needed a savior cuz we are sinners. He went through the cross with Joy knowing the souls He would rescue because He freely volunteered before the world began to suffer for us. I don't call today Good Friday, I call it Fantastic, Awesome, Stupendous, Great, Wonderful Friday! Cuz the God of the Universe loved me enough to pay for my imperfection! And remember, though today we remember His death, Sunday is coming!!!!!!!!