Why Is It So Hard?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That sadness and hatred that He had to go through that for us stems from human pride. It is a false emotion that our fallen nature projects in us that we needed a savior cuz we are sinners. He went through the cross with Joy knowing the souls He would rescue because He freely volunteered before the world began to suffer for us. I don't call today Good Friday, I call it Fantastic, Awesome, Stupendous, Great, Wonderful Friday! Cuz the God of the Universe loved me enough to pay for my imperfection! And remember, though today we remember His death, Sunday is coming!!!!!!!!

Well it's wonderful for us because He loved us that much, but all the pain and torture that He suffered on our behalf wasn't so wonderful for Him and that's the part that makes me sad, because if I were perfectly honest with you I don't think that I would do the same for Him or anybody else I loved. I would be too scared. :(

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm starting to calm down now and I know His voice by now because this isn't the first time that I've heard it (although this time it isn't audible) and it probably won't be the last either. He doesn't like it one bit when I cry, but then again I don't know one single parent that does.
Your tears are His tears ... Jesus weeps too. One day, He will wipe away all tears, but that day is yet in the future. Everything we suffer, He suffers....

Matthew 25:37-41 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ³⁷ Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? ³⁸ When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? ³⁹ Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? ⁴⁰ And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Tears have a purpose... the Word of God calls them "precious seed."

Psalm 126:5-6 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁵ They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. ⁶ He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

When you cry, cry to Him...just as when a parent hears the cries of their child, He hears us. He sees and keeps track of every tear.

Psalm 56:8-9 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁸ Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? ⁹ When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

@April_Rose, would you take time sometime soon to listen to this? It is on the power of sorrow and what God does with our brokenness.

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well it's wonderful for us because He loved us that much, but all the pain and torture that He suffered on our behalf wasn't so wonderful for Him and that's the part that makes me sad, because if I were perfectly honest with you I don't think that I would do the same for Him or anybody else I loved. I would be too scared. :(

Why should you be sad when He did it all for love? I felt that way for years until I realized it is just a deception of human pride. I rejoice in His pain. He undertook it freely and with a steadfast passion knowing the results.

If one of my children had to undego open heart surgery and have their chest cut open and their ribs spread apart to save their lives, I welcome that temporary pain they must endure for the long term gain it brings!
Do not look at the darkness of Jesus torment (the physical was nothing compared to HIm being utterly forsaken by the Father because He became all our sin), but at the radiance of the voctory it gained for Him and us!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your tears are His tears ... Jesus weeps too. One day, He will wipe away all tears, but that day is yet in the future. Everything we suffer, He suffers....

Matthew 25:37-41 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ³⁷ Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? ³⁸ When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? ³⁹ Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? ⁴⁰ And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Tears have a purpose... the Word of God calls them "precious seed."

Psalm 126:5-6 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁵ They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. ⁶ He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

When you cry, cry to Him...just as when a parent hears the cries of their child, He hears us. He sees and keeps track of every tear.

Psalm 56:8-9 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ⁸ Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? ⁹ When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.

@April_Rose, would you take time sometime soon to listen to this? It is on the power of Sorrow and what God does with our brokenness.

Okay I will once I get on my laptop in a little bit as I have trouble hearing it on my tablet for some strange reason.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a look at these verses and see where it mentions "the joy that was set before Him."

Hebrews 12:1-4 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, ² Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ³ For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. ⁴ Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

If we keep our eyes on the prize ... realizing that what we suffer here is but a moment compared to eternity... we can (through Christ who gives us strength) endure persecution. The JOY is set before us ... the eternal weight of glory!

2 Corinthians 4:14-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. ¹⁵ For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. ¹⁶ For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. ¹⁷ For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; ¹⁸ While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Reactions: April_Rose

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should you be sad when He did it all for love? I felt that way for years until I realized it is just a deception of human pride. I rejoice in His pain. He undertook it freely and with a steadfast passion knowing the results.

If one of my children had to undego open heart surgery and have their chest cut open and their ribs spread apart to save their lives, I welcome that temporary pain they must endure for the long term gain it brings!
Do not look at the darkness of Jesus torment (the physical was nothing compared to HIm being utterly forsaken by the Father because He became all our sin), but at the radiance of the voctory it gained for Him and us!
Weeping may last the night, but Joy comes in the morning.

Jesus didn't die to make us cry, He died so we can sing and rejoice and love!

Much love!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Take a look at these verses and see where it mentions "the joy that was set before Him."

Hebrews 12:1-4 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹ Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, ² Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. ³ For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. ⁴ Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

If we keep our eyes on the prize ... realizing that what we suffer here is but a moment compared to eternity... we can (through Christ who gives us strength) endure persecution. The JOY is set before us ... the eternal weight of glory!

2 Corinthians 4:14-18 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¹⁴ Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. ¹⁵ For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God. ¹⁶ For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. ¹⁷ For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; ¹⁸ While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Listening to this now. When I was in the shower God spoke to me again and He made me promise to stop saying that I'm a bad girl and that's the reason that He went to the cross,.. it's because I was and forever will be His baby girl and He would do it all again if He needed to. :)

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listening to this now. When I was in the shower God spoke to me again and He made me promise to stop saying that I'm a bad girl and that's the reason that He went to the cross,.. it's because I was and forever will be His baby girl and He would do it all again if He needed to. :)
Excited for you to listen to it... :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just finished listening to both videos and this is an extremely beautiful song sung beautifully by both girls. :)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
. I feel extremely sad and guilty that Jesus took the penalty for my sins and went through all of that for me but yet I still sin, but why am I still so sad since I know the ending of the story and I'll soon be praising the fact that we will be remembering His resurrection?

I rejoice now, not because you were saddened, but because you were saddened into repentance; for you were saddened in a godly way, so that you did not suffer loss in anything because of us.

For godly sorrow produces a salutary repentance without regret, but worldly sorrow produces death

Hello April,

Godly sorrow is good for us, and yes it can be hard.
Recognizing that we, ourselves, by our sins, are responsible for Jesus suffering, should lead us to repentence and a total reliance om Him who so loved us, that He endured such suffering for us...
For we love, because He first loved us...

The 'stations of the cross' is a Catholic devotion that calls us to enter into and meditate on this mystery..

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAKegQIIBAC&usg=AOvVaw3N1w9lsmBUcF2hj6GyJWU0

Have a Blessed and Happy Easter!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I apologize that this has absolutely nothing to do with Jesus,.. but I just needed a bit of cheering up and I don't believe for one second that if Jesus was walking the earth today that He would say no to chocolate if given the chance. ;)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is Good Friday which I have mixed emotions about. I feel extremely sad and guilty that Jesus took the penalty for my sins and went through all of that for me but yet I still sin, but why am I still so sad since I know the ending of the story and I'll soon be praising the fact that we will be remembering His resurrection? His death is still just very depressing and confusing for me because I know I don't deserve my salvation, but yet I'm still thankful that He died for me so that I could be reconciled with Him. I just hate that He had to go through all that though. :(

How could anyone not feel that way who has accepted the suffering Savior into their heart?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today is Good Friday which I have mixed emotions about. I feel extremely sad and guilty that Jesus took the penalty for my sins and went through all of that for me but yet I still sin, but why am I still so sad since I know the ending of the story and I'll soon be praising the fact that we will be remembering His resurrection? His death is still just very depressing and confusing for me because I know I don't deserve my salvation, but yet I'm still thankful that He died for me so that I could be reconciled with Him. I just hate that He had to go through all that though. :(

Jesus was sent in the likeness as a man, to be a example men could SEE and HEAR how a man could become IN Jesus' likeness.

Jesus Gifted us the Knowledge of HOW TO BE in His Likeness.

Jesus Offered us His GIFTS to become MADE in His Likeness.

We have the KNOWLEDGE, in a Book, on VIdeo if one can not read, men preaching, if they are verified as true teachers...

So what is missing?
* Agreeing to give your body unto death, crucified with Him?
* Agreeing to receive His gift of Forgiveness?
(How man times does He need to forgive you for not in the past believing IN Him?)
* Agreeing to receive His gift of your souls Salvation?
* Agreeing to receive His gift of Gods Seed?
* Agreeing to receive Gods Seed to birth you a new spirit?
* Agreeing to receive a new heart? (Your old heart cut off, circumcised?)
* Agreeing to receive Gods Sprit of Truth?
* Agreeing He will wash your body?
* Agreeing He will Justify your body to be Risen up in Glory?
* Agreeing He will Sanctify (set apart) you?
* Agreeing He will Cover your sins with His Light?
* Agreeing He will no longer see or remember your sins?
* Agreeing He will not have you suffer Wrath?
* Agreeing He will Free you from Sin?
Whoops...

Wait...WHAT SINS did the Lord forgive you FOR?

Trying to commit suicide? Not a sin.
Cheating on a spouse? Not a sin.
Lying to your boss? Not a sin.
Having sex without marriage? Not a sin.
Taking illegal drugs? Not a sin.
Not obeying Mosaic Law? Not a sin (Gentile)

What is the SIN you asked the Lord to FORGIVE YOU FOR?

When you are reading...what exactly does Jesus teach....?
BELIEVE IN HIM and the ONE WHO SENT HIM....
WHY? Because you were naturally born IN DISBELEF...
Everything Jesus Offers ( His body, His forgiveness, His Gifts) Hinges ON...
BELIEF IN YOUR HEART...

What He FORGAVE you for was DISBELIEF.
That is YOUR SIN AGAINST the Lord.
And Once you confess HEARTFUL BELIEF...
Your having NOT believed....IS FORGIVEN.
SIN IS AGAINST GOD, and ONLY FORGIVEN BY GOD...

So, when You Confess heartful belief....
WHY WOULD YOU ACCEPT ALL OF HIS GIFTS, and then ....
CLAIM...you continue SIN AGAINST HIM, by again NOT BELIEVING IN HIM?

Do you understand...
ALL the GIfts He has given you "INCLUDES" His POWER to KEEP all of those GIFTS "FOR YOU"?
Do you understand...
A converted man CAN NEVER SIN (disbelieve) AGAINST the LORD Again?

So what "SIN" are you talking about?

Stealing? Lying? Cheating? ...
Are you Stealing from God?
Are you Lying to God?
Are you Cheating God?

Or are you talking about behaviors BETWEEN "people"?

Can a person FOR GIVE YOU of SIn?
If so...it must needs be written in a LAW,
Published for anyone to read.
(Mosaic Law? Doesn't apply to a gentile)
So what Law?

Converted men do not SIN against men.
Converted men do not FORGIVE men of SIN.
Converted men forgive men of Trespasses.
Converted men WHO forgive men of Trespasses, SO ALSO "WILL" the Lord forgive a Converted man his Acts of Trespassing.

Scripturally ... the Lord God does NOT require to be repeatedly ASKED to forgive SIN, He has already forgiven.
Scripturally ... the Lord God does NOT require men to tell Him, they Trespassed against another man.
Scripturally ...the Lord God teaches...you Trespass against a man....YOU go to him, admit your fault and fix it, repay, apologize,...
And its up to him to forgive you or not.
He may divorce you, sue you, file legal charges against you....and that is "your" burden to bear....(your problem, your consequences).

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

However Jesus does teach...be forgiving and....

Gal 6:
[2] Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
( But not everyone, is IN Christ, or considers that teaching. )

POINT BEING....seems alot of people WHO ARE CONVERTED, spend alot of time claiming THEY ARE Converted...AND CONTINUE TO SIN, always Praying for FORGIVENESS, as if the Lord, forgot to Forgiven them, free them from sin.

The Lord teaches on how to pray....and once Forgiveness IS Accomplished....His teaching of Prayer lands heavily on worshiping Him, praising Him, Thanking Him, Asking Him....
For Understanding of His Word, For Him showing you How to deal with another person or problem, or His word to come to a loved one, of assistance for another.....
See? Read...See...Prayer is About Him accomplishing that which is not accomplished.

Rom 8:
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 6:[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Point being....IF you heartfully confessed your BELIEF IN God and the One who sent Him...

HE "MADE" you born of God.
He "MADE" you FREE FROM SIN.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Born of God....CAN NOT SIN.
Gods Word...was BORN of God, He could not SIN.

It the full gambit...what Jesus taught, and Offered to Sinful men....that BY HIS POWER men could BE MADE, forgiven and Free from committing sin.
The full gambit....Being MADE in Jesus' LIKENESS....living in Jesus' risen body....
UNTIL "WE SEE" the fruition of our "BODYS BEING RAISED in Glory".

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Truth...earthly men have and will experience injustice, beatings, wrongful attacks, hate, being gossiped about....just as Jesus did.

Again....it is all about revealing to the World, NO MATTER WHAT ANY MAN does to our body....they can not discourage our soul our spirit to abandon Heartful faith In the Lord God.

Again....NO earthly man can LIVE Spiritually, UNLESS He "dies"....
Jesus was our example.
Because his body dies...because we agree to be crucified with Christ....we CAN LIVE Spiritually.

God Bless,
Taken

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was sent in the likeness as a man, to be a example men could SEE and HEAR how a man could become IN Jesus' likeness.

Jesus Gifted us the Knowledge of HOW TO BE in His Likeness.

Jesus Offered us His GIFTS to become MADE in His Likeness.

We have the KNOWLEDGE, in a Book, on VIdeo if one can not read, men preaching, if they are verified as true teachers...

So what is missing?
* Agreeing to give your body unto death, crucified with Him?
* Agreeing to receive His gift of Forgiveness?
(How man times does He need to forgive you for not in the past believing IN Him?)
* Agreeing to receive His gift of your souls Salvation?
* Agreeing to receive His gift of Gods Seed?
* Agreeing to receive Gods Seed to birth you a new spirit?
* Agreeing to receive a new heart? (Your old heart cut off, circumcised?)
* Agreeing to receive Gods Sprit of Truth?
* Agreeing He will wash your body?
* Agreeing He will Justify your body to be Risen up in Glory?
* Agreeing He will Sanctify (set apart) you?
* Agreeing He will Cover your sins with His Light?
* Agreeing He will no longer see or remember your sins?
* Agreeing He will not have you suffer Wrath?
* Agreeing He will Free you from Sin?
Whoops...

Wait...WHAT SINS did the Lord forgive you FOR?

Trying to commit suicide? Not a sin.
Cheating on a spouse? Not a sin.
Lying to your boss? Not a sin.
Having sex without marriage? Not a sin.
Taking illegal drugs? Not a sin.
Not obeying Mosaic Law? Not a sin (Gentile)

What is the SIN you asked the Lord to FORGIVE YOU FOR?

When you are reading...what exactly does Jesus teach....?
BELIEVE IN HIM and the ONE WHO SENT HIM....
WHY? Because you were naturally born IN DISBELEF...
Everything Jesus Offers ( His body, His forgiveness, His Gifts) Hinges ON...
BELIEF IN YOUR HEART...

What He FORGAVE you for was DISBELIEF.
That is YOUR SIN AGAINST the Lord.
And Once you confess HEARTFUL BELIEF...
Your having NOT believed....IS FORGIVEN.
SIN IS AGAINST GOD, and ONLY FORGIVEN BY GOD...

So, when You Confess heartful belief....
WHY WOULD YOU ACCEPT ALL OF HIS GIFTS, and then ....
CLAIM...you continue SIN AGAINST HIM, by again NOT BELIEVING IN HIM?

Do you understand...
ALL the GIfts He has given you "INCLUDES" His POWER to KEEP all of those GIFTS "FOR YOU"?
Do you understand...
A converted man CAN NEVER SIN (disbelieve) AGAINST the LORD Again?

So what "SIN" are you talking about?

Stealing? Lying? Cheating? ...
Are you Stealing from God?
Are you Lying to God?
Are you Cheating God?

Or are you talking about behaviors BETWEEN "people"?

Can a person FOR GIVE YOU of SIn?
If so...it must needs be written in a LAW,
Published for anyone to read.
(Mosaic Law? Doesn't apply to a gentile)
So what Law?

Converted men do not SIN against men.
Converted men do not FORGIVE men of SIN.
Converted men forgive men of Trespasses.
Converted men WHO forgive men of Trespasses, SO ALSO "WILL" the Lord forgive a Converted man his Acts of Trespassing.

Scripturally ... the Lord God does NOT require to be repeatedly ASKED to forgive SIN, He has already forgiven.
Scripturally ... the Lord God does NOT require men to tell Him, they Trespassed against another man.
Scripturally ...the Lord God teaches...you Trespass against a man....YOU go to him, admit your fault and fix it, repay, apologize,...
And its up to him to forgive you or not.
He may divorce you, sue you, file legal charges against you....and that is "your" burden to bear....(your problem, your consequences).

Gal 6:
[5] For every man shall bear his own burden.

However Jesus does teach...be forgiving and....

Gal 6:
[2] Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
( But not everyone, is IN Christ, or considers that teaching. )

POINT BEING....seems alot of people WHO ARE CONVERTED, spend alot of time claiming THEY ARE Converted...AND CONTINUE TO SIN, always Praying for FORGIVENESS, as if the Lord, forgot to Forgiven them, free them from sin.

The Lord teaches on how to pray....and once Forgiveness IS Accomplished....His teaching of Prayer lands heavily on worshiping Him, praising Him, Thanking Him, Asking Him....
For Understanding of His Word, For Him showing you How to deal with another person or problem, or His word to come to a loved one, of assistance for another.....
See? Read...See...Prayer is About Him accomplishing that which is not accomplished.

Rom 8:
[10] And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

Rom 6:[18] Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Point being....IF you heartfully confessed your BELIEF IN God and the One who sent Him...

HE "MADE" you born of God.
He "MADE" you FREE FROM SIN.

1 John 3:
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Born of God....CAN NOT SIN.
Gods Word...was BORN of God, He could not SIN.

It the full gambit...what Jesus taught, and Offered to Sinful men....that BY HIS POWER men could BE MADE, forgiven and Free from committing sin.
The full gambit....Being MADE in Jesus' LIKENESS....living in Jesus' risen body....
UNTIL "WE SEE" the fruition of our "BODYS BEING RAISED in Glory".

Glory to God,
Taken

All good points except all the sins you just listed were in fact sins.

Reactions: lilygrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All good points except all the sins you just listed were in fact sins.

Yes, were.

Eph 2
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Rom 13
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Rom 13
[15] By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

God Bless April_Rose,
Taken

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey April. Best way to thank Jesus is to abide in Him and follow His ways. :) Conviction is important. Guilt, confusion, and depression is from the enemy. Just remember:

" There is therefore now no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus."
Romans 8:1

I'm in hospital after 2 ICU experiences of going thru blood poisoning & extremely low blood pressure . I know the theology of Rom 8:1 but when death was jumping at me l foiund it difficult to rest in Jesus.

Oz

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm in hospital after 2 ICU experiences of going thru blood poisoning & extremely low blood pressure . I know the theology of Rom 8:1 but when death was jumping at me l foiund it difficult to rest in Jesus.

Oz

I know what you mean for sure. In those cases I just try to fake it till I make it. Repetition brings revelation. And true joy usually comes in the low times. Really tests my metal. I've fallen many times, so not trying to be all "Holier then Thou." But it is what Bible says. It can be hard to move past feelings/senses to believing what the Holy Spirit says, but it is Truth.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, were.

Eph 2
[1] And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Rom 13
[5] Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Rom 13
[15] By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

God Bless April_Rose,
Taken

I'm sorry, but I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say. :confused:

Oz

I'm really sorry to hear that. :( I hope and pray that you get better soon. :)

Reactions: Taken