WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One verse? I already gave you Jeremiah 33:17, 2 Sam. 7:16; Psalm 89:3-4; 1 Chron.17:12,14 – God promises to establish the Davidic kingdom forever on earth. (post#326) And you ran from it. Jesus didn't change Simon bar Jonah's name to an unheard of name "ROCK" because it was cool. All the verses indicating ROCK (Peter) as spokesman for all the Apostles, AND leader of the Church give a combined total of over 70 verses, so I don't need to rely on one verse in Matthew 16. Cephas is Greek, translated from the Aramaic Kepha, the language Jesus spoke. Why would Paul use an Aramaic title 6 times to Greek speaking communities??? Why not Greek??? Because everyone knew who ROCK was.

I already gave you Isaiah 22:22, that foreshadows the structure of the Davidic kingdom into the NT, and now you want to bait me with just one verse indicating the primacy of ROCK?? Go ahead. Make my day. You will have a lot of running, denying and ignoring to do. That's what you must do to defend a false paradigm.
Jesus is the Rock. It does not need any human leaders. It did not even hit the ten toes until the reformation. Daniel is not talking about the Davidic kingdom. He is talking about the church. Jerusalem has not been established and will not be established until the Second Coming.

I did not run away. I said it was about Jesus Christ, not David. How can you say it has applied to Jerusalem in any of the last 2500 years? That would be a false prophecy. I know there are verses about David. I was looking for a verse that said the church was to be an earthly kingdom to fulfill Daniel 2, that must have human leaders on earthly thrones. Jerusalem is not a mountain that filled the whole earth, not did it send an army that destroyed the ten toe kingdoms. Babylon as the world and nations is the last thing destroyed in the final harvest of the earth. This happens before the Davidic kingdom can even start.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If it says "ignorant" - it's referring to YOU . . .

To the NEW BELIEVER... THIS is NOT how a Christian is supposed to speak to another Christian or anyone for that matter.

WE are called to RESPECT others.... puffing oneself up for the sake of over-powering and dominating is called PRIDE... and that is a DEADLY sin.

I think that is a Catholic thing... there are 7 of them. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the Rock. It does not need any human leaders.
Jesus changed Simon bar Jonah's name to Jesus? You are not making sense.

Mark 3:16; John 1:42 – Jesus renames Simon “Kepha” in Aramaic which literally means “rock.” This was an extraordinary thing for Jesus to do, because “rock” was not even a name in Jesus’ time. Jesus did this, not to give Simon a strange name, but to identify his new status among the apostles. When God changes a person’s name, He changes their status.

Gen. 17:5; 32:28; 2 Kings 23:34; Acts 9:4; 13:9 – for example, in these verses, we see that God changes the following people’s names and, as a result, they become special agents of God: Abram to Abraham; Jacob to Israel, Eliakim to Jehoiakim, Saul to Paul.

Sam. 22:2-3, 32, 47; 23:3; Psalm 18:2,31,46; 19:4; 28:1; 42:9; 62:2,6,7; 89:26; 94:22; 144:1-2 – in these verses, God is also called “rock.” Hence, from these verses, non-Catholics often argue that God, and not Peter, is the rock that Jesus is referring to in Matt. 16:18. This argument not only ignores the plain meaning of the applicable texts, but also assumes words used in Scripture can only have one meaning. This, of course, is not true. For example:

1 Cor. 3:11 – Jesus is called the only foundation of the Church, and yet in Eph. 2:20, the apostles are called the foundation of the Church. Similarly, in 1 Peter 2:25, Jesus is called the Shepherd of the flock, but in Acts 20:28, the apostles are called the shepherds of the flock. These verses show that there are multiple metaphors for the Church, and that words used by the inspired writers of Scripture can have various meanings. Catholics agree that God is the rock of the Church, but this does not mean He cannot confer this distinction upon Peter as well, to facilitate the unity He desires for the Church.

Matt. 16:18 – Jesus said in Aramaic, you are “Kepha” and on this “Kepha” I will build my Church. In Aramaic, “kepha” means a massive stone, and “evna” means little pebble. Some non-Catholics argue that, because the Greek word for rock is “petra”, that “Petros” actually means “a small rock”, and therefore Jesus was attempting to diminish Peter right after blessing him by calling him a small rock. Not only is this nonsensical in the context of Jesus’ blessing of Peter, Jesus was speaking Aramaic and used “Kepha,” not “evna.” Using Petros to translate Kepha was done simply to reflect the masculine noun of Peter.

Matt. 16:18-19 – in addition, to argue that Jesus first blesses Peter for having received divine revelation from the Father, then diminishes him by calling him a small pebble, and then builds him up again by giving him the keys to the kingdom of heaven is entirely illogical, and a gross manipulation of the text to avoid the truth of Peter’s leadership in the Church. This is a three-fold blessing of Peter –
  • you are blessed,
  • you are the rock on which I will build my Church,
  • and you will receive the keys to the kingdom of heaven (not you are blessed for receiving Revelation, but you are still an insignificant little pebble, and yet I am going to give you the keys to the kingdom).
Matt. 16:18-19 – to further rebut the Protestant argument that Jesus was speaking about Peter’s confession of faith (not Peter himself) based on the revelation he received, the verses are clear that Jesus, after acknowledging Peter’s receipt of divine revelation, turns the whole discourse to the person of Peter: Blessed are “you” Simon, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to “you,” and I tell “you,” “you” are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church. I will give “you” the keys to the kingdom, and whatever “you” bind and loose on earth will be bound and loosed in heaven. Jesus’ whole discourse relates to the person of Peter, not his confession of faith.
It did not even hit the ten toes until the reformation. Daniel is not talking about the Davidic kingdom. He is talking about the church. Jerusalem has not been established and will not be established until the Second Coming.
Again, I didn't say anything about Jerusalem. Daniel did not prophecy a divided church. Neither does Jeremiah. Isaiah 22 foreshadows an earthly human leader for the NT church that you keep ignoring.
I did not run away. I said it was about Jesus Christ, not David. How can you say it has applied to Jerusalem in any of the last 2500 years? That would be a false prophecy.
I said no such thing. Please quote me instead of making things up. This makes rational discussion with you impossible.
I know there are verses about David. I was looking for a verse that said the church was to be an earthly kingdom to fulfill Daniel 2, that must have human leaders on earthly thrones.
]
Daniel 7:9-12
9 “As I looked,
“thrones were set in place, (plural)
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.(singular)
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

Matthew 19:28
Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth: In the age when all things are renewed, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, (after the Ascension) you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Jerusalem is not a mountain that filled the whole earth, not did it send an army that destroyed the ten toe kingdoms. Babylon as the world and nations is the last thing destroyed in the final harvest of the earth. This happens before the Davidic kingdom can even start.
None of this has anything to do with post #326 that you keep ignoring. Jeremiah 33:17 is a false prophecy according to you.

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the Rock. It does not need any human leaders.
Jesus changed Simon bar Jonah's name to Jesus? You are not making sense.

Mark 3:16; John 1:42 – Jesus renames Simon “Kepha” in Aramaic which literally means “rock.” This was an extraordinary thing for Jesus to do, because “rock” was not even a name in Jesus’ time. Jesus did this, not to give Simon a strange name, but to identify his new status among the apostles. When God changes a person’s name, He changes their status.

Gen. 17:5; 32:28; 2 Kings 23:34; Acts 9:4; 13:9 – for example, in these verses, we see that God changes the following people’s names and, as a result, they become special agents of God: Abram to Abraham; Jacob to Israel, Eliakim to Jehoiakim, Saul to Paul.

Sam. 22:2-3, 32, 47; 23:3; Psalm 18:2,31,46; 19:4; 28:1; 42:9; 62:2,6,7; 89:26; 94:22; 144:1-2 – in these verses, God is also called “rock.” Hence, from these verses, non-Catholics often argue that God, and not Peter, is the rock that Jesus is referring to in Matt. 16:18. This argument not only ignores the plain meaning of the applicable texts, but also assumes words used in Scripture can only have one meaning. This, of course, is not true. For example:

1 Cor. 3:11 – Jesus is called the only foundation of the Church, and yet in Eph. 2:20, the apostles are called the foundation of the Church. Similarly, in 1 Peter 2:25, Jesus is called the Shepherd of the flock, but in Acts 20:28, the apostles are called the shepherds of the flock. These verses show that there are multiple metaphors for the Church, and that words used by the inspired writers of Scripture can have various meanings. Catholics agree that God is the rock of the Church, but this does not mean He cannot confer this distinction upon Peter as well, to facilitate the unity He desires for the Church.

Matt. 16:18 – Jesus said in Aramaic, you are “Kepha” and on this “Kepha” I will build my Church. In Aramaic, “kepha” means a massive stone, and “evna” means little pebble. Some non-Catholics argue that, because the Greek word for rock is “petra”, that “Petros” actually means “a small rock”, and therefore Jesus was attempting to diminish Peter right after blessing him by calling him a small rock. Not only is this nonsensical in the context of Jesus’ blessing of Peter, Jesus was speaking Aramaic and used “Kepha,” not “evna.” Using Petros to translate Kepha was done simply to reflect the masculine noun of Peter.

Matt. 16:18-19 – in addition, to argue that Jesus first blesses Peter for having received divine revelation from the Father, then diminishes him by calling him a small pebble, and then builds him up again by giving him the keys to the kingdom of heaven is entirely illogical, and a gross manipulation of the text to avoid the truth of Peter’s leadership in the Church. This is a three-fold blessing of Peter –
  • you are blessed,
  • you are the rock on which I will build my Church,
  • and you will receive the keys to the kingdom of heaven (not you are blessed for receiving Revelation, but you are still an insignificant little pebble, and yet I am going to give you the keys to the kingdom).
Matt. 16:18-19 – to further rebut the Protestant argument that Jesus was speaking about Peter’s confession of faith (not Peter himself) based on the revelation he received, the verses are clear that Jesus, after acknowledging Peter’s receipt of divine revelation, turns the whole discourse to the person of Peter: Blessed are “you” Simon, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to “you,” and I tell “you,” “you” are Peter, and on this rock I will build my Church. I will give “you” the keys to the kingdom, and whatever “you” bind and loose on earth will be bound and loosed in heaven. Jesus’ whole discourse relates to the person of Peter, not his confession of faith.
It did not even hit the ten toes until the reformation. Daniel is not talking about the Davidic kingdom. He is talking about the church. Jerusalem has not been established and will not be established until the Second Coming.
The Church is a continuation of the Davidic Kingdom. You hack them apart.
I did not run away. I said it was about Jesus Christ, not David. How can you say it has applied to Jerusalem in any of the last 2500 years? That would be a false prophecy.
I said no such thing. Please quote me instead of making things up. This makes rational discussion with you impossible.
I know there are verses about David. I was looking for a verse that said the church was to be an earthly kingdom to fulfill Daniel 2, that must have human leaders on earthly thrones.
Daniel 7:9-12
9 “As I looked,
thrones were set in place, (plural)
and the Ancient of Days took his seat.(singular)
His clothing was as white as snow;
the hair of his head was white like wool.
His throne was flaming with fire,
and its wheels were all ablaze.

Matthew 19:28
Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth: In the age when all things are renewed, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, (after the Ascension) you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
The Protestant Revolt has no thrones. It replaced seats of authority with the unhistorical unworkable unbiblical "Bible alone" theology that Luther invented because he lost a debate and was angry with the pope. Plus he was mentally ill.
Jerusalem is not a mountain that filled the whole earth, not did it send an army that destroyed the ten toe kingdoms. Babylon as the world and nations is the last thing destroyed in the final harvest of the earth. This happens before the Davidic kingdom can even start.
None of this has anything to do with post #326 that you keep ignoring. Daniel 2:34-35 , Jeremiah 33:17 and Isaiah 22 are harmonious, but Jeremiah is a false prophet according to you.

Protestantism rejects any monarchical sense of the New Davidic Kingdom, the Church, that you are trying to defend with a false interpretation of Daniel 2.

Last edited:

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I am saying that education is not all that it is cracked up to be. Knowledge has it's uses, but most results lead down paths that are not fruitful.

I am sorry you see it that way as I have found it to be the exact opposite. When I went to Bible College and got stuck into the "knowledge" thing, I could not get enough of it as it was life to all my flesh.

As they say, if you have the word you dry up, if you have the spirit, you blow up, if you have the word and spirit you grow up.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is not the point in Ephesians 4.
(2 Tim. 3:16–17).

This passage doesn’t teach formal sufficiency, which excludes a binding, authoritative role for Tradition and Church. Protestants extrapolate onto the text what isn’t there. If we look at the overall context of this passage, we can see that Paul makes reference to oral Tradition three times (cf. 2 Tim. 1:13–14; 2:2; 3:14). And to use an analogy, let’s examine a similar passage:

“And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ; so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the cunning of men, by their craftiness in deceitful wiles. Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ” (Eph. 4:11–15).

If 2 Timothy 3 proves the sole sufficiency of Scripture, then, by analogy, Ephesians 4 would likewise prove the sufficiency of pastors and teachers for the attainment of Christian perfection. In Ephesians 4, the Christian believer is equipped, built up, brought into unity and mature manhood, and even preserved from doctrinal confusion by means of the teaching function of the Church. This is a far stronger statement of the perfecting of the saints than 2 Timothy 3, yet it does not even mention Scripture.

So if all non-scriptural elements are excluded in 2 Timothy, then, by analogy, Scripture would logically have to be excluded in Ephesians. It is far more reasonable to recognize that the absence of one or more elements in one passage does not mean that they are nonexistent. The Church and Scripture are both equally necessary and important for teaching.

TEXT without CONTEXT is a PRETEXT.
The BIBLE without the CHURCH is just an EXCUSE!

A lovely example of reading into the text what is not there. Nice try, however. Rather than doing exegesis, you have extrapolated which are not the same thing.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Here's a thought... For all of you who THINK you belong to the TRUE church of God... and have all the answers... WE ( any Christian who is NOT a Jew ) are the GENTILES.

God's CHOSEN people are the JEWS... us GENTILES benefitted greatly from the death and resurrection of Christ because we were GRAFTED into the OLIVE TREE...and so... Catholics and protestants alike are on the SAME LEVEL. We are the gentiles... and that is a very good thing for us.

Here's another thought. I believe that God is presently ( meaning now ) preparing and calling out HIS TRUE CHURCH to RISE UP and come together... They can be recognized at this time by those who have a heart for (WAIT FOR IT ).... UNITY. A desire of coming together as ONE BODY.

I believe that very soon... God is going to rain down HIS SPIRIT in a way that the world has not yet seen... and HIS TRUE CHURCH is going to be the Catholics and Protestants who were wise enough to drop their silly attitudes of self-serving knowledge and COME to HIM in a spirit of PURITY....HUMILITY... WORSHIP and LOVE with a heart to SERVE and gather the HARVEST.

Last edited by a moderator:

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here's a thought... For all of you who THINK you belong to the TRUE church of God... and have all the answers... WE ( any Christian who is NOT a Jew ) are the GENTILES.

God's CHOSEN people are the JEWS... us GENTILES benefitted greatly from the death and resurrection of Christ because we were GRAFTED into the OLIVE TREE...and so... Catholics and protestants alike are on the SAME LEVEL. We are the gentiles... and that is a very good thing for us.

Here's another thought. I believe that God is presently ( meaning now ) preparing and calling out HIS TRUE CHURCH to RISE above and come together... They can be recognized at this time by those who have a heart for (WAIT FOR IT ).... UNITY. A desire of coming together as ONE BODY.

I believe that very soon... God is going to rain down HIS SPIRIT in a way that the world has not yet seen... and HIS TRUE CHURCH is going to be the Catholics and Protestants who were wise enough to drop their silly attitudes of self-serving knowledge and COME to HIM in a spirit of PURITY....HUMILITY... WORSHIP and LOVE with a heart to SERVE and gather the HARVEST.
What has God to do with denominations??

But yes there is something coming and many wont be ready.. Remember what Jesus said, as it was in the day of Noah, you see what happened to those who refused to join Noah in the hark.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What has God to do with denominations??

But yes there is something coming and many wont be ready.. Remember what Jesus said, as it was in the day of Noah, you see what happened to those who refused to join Noah in the hark.

Using the analogy of the ark is a good one...as I do feel it is going to be THAT big.... this covid thing has been a shaking of the Olive tree... many things are coming down and will be falling away... false teachers... false idols... false priorities... false beliefs... and sadly... as you have stated... many of the believers will be swept away... unprepared because of hardened hearts and disbelief.

Reactions: mjrhealth

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it says "ignorant" - it's referring to YOU . . .
Behold, your church in prophecy....

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

..my Roman Catholic friend.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again - in your moronic ignorance, you actually believe that calling me "Roman Catholic" is an insult. It's actually very precise because that is the Liturgical rite I belong to.

As for the KJV - that little bit of information about the doxology at the end of Lord's Prayer (Matt. 6:13) is not a made up "Catholic" story. It is right out of the pages of the book, "Where We Got The Bible" by Rev. Henry Graham.
YOU have put ALL of your faith in the TRANSLATORS of the KJV instead of God. - hence, ALL of your perverted doctrines.

Let's see how that works out for ya on Judgement Day . . .
Are you offended by being labelled a Roman Catholic?

Why?

Does your mother(headquarter church) irk you?

You should be proud of your Roman Catholic leaders, because they are found right here in the prophetical scriptures....

40 And the fourth kingdom shall be strong as iron: forasmuch as iron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things: and as iron that breaketh all these, shall it break in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay

42 And as the toes of the feet were part of iron, and part of clay, so the kingdom shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.....

17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

....your church has quite a pedigree.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is the reference to Jesus in Ephesians 4:11 apart from being the giver of the gifts? I don't see why he would need to give the gift of shepherding to himself.
Jesus' shepherding is not a gift.

It is WHO he is.

And it is definitely not something he designates to countless thousands of others.

He said he is that ONE Shepherd in John 10, not the head of countless thousands of them, per modern philosophy.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A lovely example of reading into the text what is not there. Nice try, however. Rather than doing exegesis, you have extrapolated which are not the same thing.
Why don't you exegete Ephesians 4:11–15 and prove The Church and Scripture are not equally necessary and important for teaching, instead of making empty assertions.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the NEW BELIEVER... THIS is NOT how a Christian is supposed to speak to another Christian or anyone for that matter.

WE are called to RESPECT others.... puffing oneself up for the sake of over-powering and dominating is called PRIDE... and that is a DEADLY sin.

I think that is a Catholic thing... there are 7 of them. ;)
First of all, this person is NOT a Christian, as he denies the deity if Christ.

Anyway, it has nothing to do with “puffing up” – and EVERYTHING to do with a poster who spews myths, blatant lies and other filth about the Catholic Church with impunity.

Calling him “ignorant” is actually pretty charitable, considering the labels that truly apply to him . . .
him . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold, your church in prophecy....

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay.

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.
..my Roman Catholic friend
Actually – THIS is my Church in prophecy . . .

Rev. 21:2-4
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

On the other hand – those of YOU who deny Christ’s deity have THIS to look forward to . . .

Matt. 10:33
“. . . but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.”

Good luck with that . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you offended by being labelled a Roman Catholic?[/B]

Why?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Does your mother(headquarter church) irk you?

You should be proud of your Roman Catholic leaders, because they are found right here in the prophetical scriptures....

41 And whereas thou sawest the feet and toes, part of potters' clay, and part of iron, the kingdom shall be divided; but there shall be in it of the strength of the iron, forasmuch as thou sawest the iron mixed with miry clay

43 And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.....

17 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters:

2 With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

3 So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

4 And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.

6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.

....your church has quite a pedigree.
Do you have a reading problem, sparky?
I told you that I wasn’t offended because I AM a Roman Catholic. Nice try . . .

It IS funny, though how you post verses of Scripture that are irrelevant to the discussion because you can’t deal with the facts about the KJV lifting Matt. 6:13 from a NON-Biblical source (The Didache). From a side note scribbled by a Catholic scribe.

You’re the very definition of Scriptural illiteracy . . .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
n
Actually – THIS is my Church in prophecy . . .

Rev. 21:2-4
I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

On the other hand – those of YOU who deny Christ’s deity have THIS to look forward to . . .

Matt. 10:33
“. . . but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.”

Good luck with that . . .
No, that is the New Jerusalem City coming down from heaven, not the RCC.

You must be a preterist...LOL