WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To member ...user name removed at request .

BreadOfLife is OK I admire his tenacity .

Just like @Stranger , I know BOL is not here to make friends or to ‘fellowship.’

He just believe that he is here to defend his church . That is his right.
This is an open ‘all embracing ‘ Site . So he is not wrong with him ‘doing his thing’.
There is, in my point of view , many on here with wacky understandings, doctrines and beliefs ...and as I know , some believe I have mine too! :D
None of us have perfect truth in their pocket ...they may think that they do , but God has given no one man all the truth ....He , in His wisdom set us in a Body , where every joint supplies ...we all have a part ....collectively we have the whole.

No, I don’t like how BOL speaks to some people. But then again , I don’t like how many others speak to people. Or how some people speak to him. He returns kind for kind...he has never been rude to me when we have talked.

Some have been suspended or banned from here ...even I myself have!! But to my knowledge he never has.

When I see him standing alone with 4 or 5 Protestant with swords drawn against him...it makes me smile , once it so much reminded me of a poem , (pages long) that my dad could quote by heart to us kids ..called “How Horatius kept the bridge “. The concept is also shown in the old movie ‘Zulu’. True story..In Africa ..most of the British battalion had been killed ...about 10 were wounded but still alive ...the thousands of Zulu warriors recognized courage ...they cheered and raised their spears in a salute.

I don’t agree with BOL , but I salute him. :)

Just my burble ....

Last edited:

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well, I for one can say I always thought you were a woman by how you write! Little lamb, aww. Just a feeling I get sometimes when someone does not put their gender down :)

I think I do have a feminine motherly style going on ..... but oh well... I can also put suspenders on... LOL Hi to you my DEAR SISTER.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I do have a feminine motherly style going on ..... but oh well... I can also put suspenders on... LOL Hi to you my DEAR SISTER.

Lol...I hear you...I can just as easily wear a dress, or jeans and a Tee and be comfortable.
NO HEELS though, lol.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Peter, Paul and the rest were headquartered in Rome?

Or was a latter group of individuals?
You see Truther...
If you knew some church history, you'd know the answer to your question
and would have no need to ask me.

What do YOU think?
Do you think I'm biblically ignorant?
Or you would not have asked such a silly question.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No, neither.
The majority of church groups I’ve ever been in , 56 years has been undenominational...
No boarders no divides , no “pet doctrine “ to follow ...

Denominations put a fence around themselves , none denominational means no pet doctrine.
Actually this site is nondenominational , we all gather here , no denomination is “top dog”.
Oh. I think I'm non-denominational!
I always thought it meant a church that does not belong to a denomination....
or a person that does not enjoy going to a church.

Thanks!
:)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see Truther...
If you knew some church history, you'd know the answer to your question
and would have no need to ask me.

What do YOU think?
Do you think I'm biblically ignorant?
Or you would not have asked such a silly question.
Jerusalem...

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up,....

The "headquarters" was in Jerusalem.

Rome was Caesar's headquarters.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think I put my gender on here ... because you are the second person to assume I am male... NO BIGGIE...
I can stand up to the biggest of bullies... Anyways... Blessings on you Truther... It's been interesting. LOL
I will however take a pass on your style of WITNESSING... I like my style better. ;)
I only assumed you were a male because of your boldness towards some.

Also, I honor your style of witnessing also.

Blessings to you too.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is actually so very sad that BOL has stated that he is here to DEFEND the lies against the Catholic Church... but in all actuality what he is doing is showing the world how HATEFUL and ARROGANT many followers of this sect are.

God does NOT need volunteers to FALSELY defend his church... HE needs His children to follow HIM.... and to be a LIGHT to the dark world... He needs His children to love each other...

BOL comes waltzing in here like a BULL on STEROIDS.... and his only agenda is to annihilate all that stand in his way... He uses his anger and lack of self-control to hide behind this CATHOLIC AGENDA.

How he treats people on these forums is a reflection of a man who has NOT yielded his life to CHRIST... but rather a man who is carnal and driven by his fleshly desires. @BreadOfLife
I don't "falsely" defend anything. I very matter-of-factly defend the truth.
YOUR denial of the truth doesn't make it "untrue" - it just renders you faithless.

Finally - I've already explained my "agenda" to you since you are new here - and it's not to "annihilate" anybody.
It is only to annihilate LIES about the Catholic Church. I don't after people who simply disagree with Catholic teaching - only those who misrepresent it.

So - as log as you only do the former and NOT the latter - we shouldn't have any problems . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter, Paul and the rest were headquartered in Rome?
Or was a latter group of individuals?
Peter and Paul both died in Rome - and that was before the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD.
You really don't know your history - do you??

@GodsGrace is right - the Church was headquartered in Rome from then on . . .

Ignatius of Antioch
You the See of
ROME
have envied no one, but others have you taught. I desire only that what you have enjoined in your instructions may remain in force (Epistle to the Romans 3:1 [[A.D. 107]).

Irenaeus
... the successions of the bishops of the greatest and most ancient church known to all, founded and organized at ROME by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul, that church which has the tradition and the faith which comes down to us after having been announced to men by the apostles. With that church, because of its superior origin, all the churches must agree, that is, all the faithful in the whole world, and it is in her that the faithful everywhere have maintained the apostolic tradition (Against Heresies 3:3:2 [inter A.D. 180-190]).

Cyprian
With a false bishop appointed for themselves by heretics, they dare even to set sail and carry letters from schismatics and blasphemers to the Chair of Peter and to the principal church at ROME, in which sacerdotal unity has its source" (Epistle to Cornelius [Bishop of Rome] 59:14 [A.D. 252]).

Optatus
In the city of ROME the Episcopal chair was given first to Peter, the chair in which Peter sat, the same who was head
— that is why he is also called Cephas — of all the apostles, the one chair in which unity is maintained by all. Neither do the apostles proceed individually on their own, and anyone who would [presume to] set up another chair in opposition to that single chair would, by that very fact, be a schismatic and a sinner. . . . Recall, then, the origins of your chair, those of you who wish to claim for yourselves the title of holy Church" (The Schism of the Donatists 2:2 [circa A.D. 367]).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh.
An admission that an American citizen is a ROMAN Catholic.
Now, everyone observe and remember that admission.
When I call you guys the RCC, be proud of your ROMAN hieracrchy.
You may not have Jesus Christ, but some big statues of him.
I never said that I wasn't a Roman Catholic, Einstein.
I said that the Catholic church is not called the "Roman Catholic Church."

But in the depths of your ignorance - you can't seem to dig yourself out of that hole.
If you did your homework, you might actually know more than Barney Fife - but I'm not holding my breath . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerusalem...

4 And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

5 But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.

And it's already been explained to you that Rome became the headquarters of the Church after the destruction of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is where Christianity originated - but it wasn't headquartered there in the latter part of the 1st century, Einstein.

But, but as usual - you deny history like you deny Scripture . . .

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jerusalem...

Is water wet Truther?
I'm not arguing with you as to whether or not water is wet.

Learn some church history and then come back and we'll discuss.
But you'll have to get your nose out of the bible for that.
Afraid?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is water wet Truther?
I'm not arguing with you as to whether or not water is wet.

Learn some church history and then come back and we'll discuss.
But you'll have to get your nose out of the bible for that.
Afraid?
Wow.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And it's already been explained to you that Rome became the headquarters of the Church after the destruction of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem is where Christianity originated - but it wasn't headquartered there in the latter part of the 1st century, Einstein.

So, Acts 2 started in Rome?

Acts 2 is my starting point.

It took a while for your Rome church to take root...a long while...Constantine.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't "falsely" defend anything. I very matter-of-factly defend the truth.
YOUR denial of the truth doesn't make it "untrue" - it just renders you faithless.

Finally - I've already explained my "agenda" to you since you are new here - and it's not to "annihilate" anybody.
It is only to annihilate LIES about the Catholic Church. I don't after people who simply disagree with Catholic teaching - only those who misrepresent it.

So - as log as you only do the former and NOT the latter - we shouldn't have any problems . . .
You defend "your truth", which is not teh truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Jesus is the head of "His", church and at present His head quarters are in heaven. That will change for a short time I believe, soon.