WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny - in YOUR upside-down word, Jerusalem was never destroyed by the Romans.

This is what happens when the limited mind of a Scripturally-bankrupt person is equally shared with that of an historically ignorant one . . .
I see what you think now....

The Church started in Jerusalem(Rome), as Titus cleaned it out for future Popes.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmm, which part of the following sentence was "too much" for your to handle?
"Jerusalem is where Christianity originated - but it wasn't headquartered there in the latter part of the 1st century, Einstein."

I'll say ONE thing for you - your density is consistent . . .
The Church was birthed and headquartered ONLY in Jerusalem(Acts 15).

Rome ran it's Christian inhabitants into the catacombs etc.

Constantine rebooted Christianity in Rome....where your beloved RCC is still birthed.

Your RCC is the Iron/Clay feet of Daniel....evolving from pagan to ecumenical super power during the dark ages until now.

Jesus will return and strike ROME itself, leaving the city uninhabitable during the entirety of the thousand year reign of Christ.

The great whore has left quite an impression on Him...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup - get your nose out of the Bible long enough to open a history book to see how it harmonizes with Scripture.

We're not supposed to walk around and be oblivious to what is around us.
You can't help the world of you don't understand it.

That's the Lesson for the day, sparky . . .

Well, you get your nose IN the Bible, Roman Catholic.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said you NEVER MAKE A DOCTRINE out of one verse or passage. NEVER.
Especially when it comes to making sinless Jesus as the lone Shepherd into thousands of sinful proxy shepherds.

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, but some should have dropped the name, when they dropped the ball. Or at least when they started to martyr people.
Yea, like the entire population of Europe killed 3 times over. We know that story. Holding Catholics accountable today for bad things that happened centuries ago is just as ridiculous as holding Protestants today accountable for their atrocities, centuries ago. It's a stupid nowhere discussion that further divides the Body of Christ.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but some should have dropped the name, when they dropped the ball. Or at least when they started to martyr people.
Oh? When was that?
When did Christ's Church "drop" the ball"?

Dates
and historical references, please . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh BOL get over it , you can preach a lie all your life and never make it the truth, Jesus was speaking of Revelation, which you seemed never to have and will never receive because you would rather the lie than the truth.

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.
Really? Ummmm, which verse from Revelation are you speaking of - because you didn't post one.
THANK YOU for once again proving that Scriptural cherry-picking is the practice of the Deceiver . . .

In Matthew 16:17-19 Jesus makes THREE statements to Peter:
(a) "Blessed are YOU Simon Bar-Jonah,"
(b) "YOU are Rock (Kepha) and on this Rock (Kepha), I will build my church."
(c) "I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven."

The first statement is clearly a blessing, something which builds Peter up and magnifies him. Christ declares him blessed because he received a special revelation from God.
The third statement is also a blessing: Christ declares that he will give Peter the keys to the kingdom. This is clearly a beatitude, something that magnifies and builds Peter up.
And if Christ's first and third statements to Peter are blessings, the middle statement, in its immediate context, also must be a blessing.

It's laughable to to take the anti-Catholic position that Jesus would bless Peter, then insult him, only to bless him again:
1. "Blessed are YOU Simon Bar-Jonah"
2. "You insignificant tiny pebble!"
3. "I will give YOU the keys to the kingdom of heaven."

Your Scriptural revisionism is just another product of the rotten fruit from your paramilitary cult, aggressivechristianity.net.

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in Scripture is it written, even if the three great men of faith were here today, their faith would not be enough to save their own sons ? (paraphrased). Everyone will be righteously judged, with no mistakes.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Where in Scripture is it written, even if the three great men of faith were here today, their faith would not be enough to save their own sons ? (paraphrased). Everyone will be righteously judged, with no mistakes.
Perhaps this may be the scripture passage you are looking for:-

Ezekiel 14:12-14, 19-20: - Judgment on Persistent Unfaithfulness

12 The word of the Lord came again to me, saying: 13 "Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it. 14 Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness," says the Lord God.

19 "Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast, 20 even though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live," says the Lord God, "they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness."
Another possible passage might also be: -

Jeremiah 15:1-4 The Lord Will Not Relent

15:
1 Then the Lord said to me, "Even if Moses and Samuel stood before Me, My mind would not be favorable toward this people. Cast them out of My sight, and let them go forth. 2 And it shall be, if they say to you, 'Where should we go?' then you shall tell them, 'Thus says the Lord:

"Such as are for death, to death;
And such as are for the sword, to the sword;
And such as are for the famine, to the famine;
And such as are for the captivity, to the captivity."'​

3 "And I will appoint over them four forms of destruction," says the Lord: "the sword to slay, the dogs to drag, the birds of the heavens and the beasts of the earth to devour and destroy. 4 I will hand them over to trouble, to all kingdoms of the earth, because of Manasseh the son of Hezekiah, king of Judah, for what he did in Jerusalem.
Shalom

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow is right.
You might learn some things you obviously don't know.
And it's not written in the bible.....
Oh, the apostasy is written plainly in the Bible. As written, the "whole world" is deceived - not saved.

Everything opposed to the Bible, is to be rejected as false. (Bereans verified with the Bible before accepting anything, remember?)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow is right.
You might learn some things you obviously don't know.
And it's not written in the bible.....
That's the man made trap of denominationalism.

It all begins with extra Biblical ideas, then literature.

Then, believe it or not, they start new beliefs systems.

No thanks, I will stick to sola scriptura.

Reactions: Joseph77

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Oh, the apostasy is written plainly in the Bible. As written, the "whole world" is deceived - not saved.

Everything opposed to the Bible, is to be rejected as false. (Bereans verified with the Bible before accepting anything, remember?)
I'm sorry Joseph....
I'm not sure what you mean by the above...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
That's the man made trap of denominationalism.

It all begins with extra Biblical ideas, then literature.

Then, believe it or not, they start new beliefs systems.

No thanks, I will stick to sola scriptura.
If you don't care to take your nose out of the bible,,,,,
and learn some church history, of which you are sorely lacking,,,,
that's fine with me.

But then don't make silly comments like Paul and Peter were in Jerusalem........
at a time which I was NOT REFERENCING.

The reason you did that is because you do not know church history.
If you follow Acts you know very well that the HISTORY of the church
began AFTER Jesus died,,as you correctly stated, that is when the church began.

But church history continues AFTER ACTS...so it will NOT be found inside the N.T.
You must read other sources,,,just as in the same way you learned about the history of the
U.S. for instance.

This is NOT THE SAME as using extra-biblical sources for creating doctrine.

It's a totally different matter.

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that's fine with me.

But then don't make silly comments like Paul and Peter were in Jerusalem........

But church history continues AFTER ACTS...so it will NOT be found inside the N.T.
You must read other sources,,,just as in the same way you learned about the history of the
U.S. for instance.

Excellent point GG, and well put! These are not "extra-biblical writings at all yet they are very important to our understanding of things.
xo

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
that's fine with me.

U.S. for instance.

Good post. I prefer the term "post Biblical" rather than extra-Biblical. There is nothing in the book of Acts that says there would be no more controversies that would require a council to resolve. The Council of Jerusalem was the template for all future councils, and still is today. The Council of Nicae of 325 resolved the Arian crisis. It was a post New Testament Council that gave us the Nicene Creed and defended the divinity of Christ. The Bible contains history, but it is not a history book.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to learn early church history based on the Bible alone. Peter, James,, and John together with all the Apostles and elders reached a decision binging on the whole Church. (Acts 15) That's what we call the Magisterium. This same authority accepted all the books of the Bible at the Council of Rome in 383 AD, declared as divine writings, but further discernment took place before before it was made binding on all Christians in 408 AD. Challenging heretics, i.e. Arius, Nestorius, Apollonius, etc. are not in the book of Acts.

It's important to note that not everything the Early Church Fathers wrote was accepted by the Church, but they present the most accurate description of AUTHENIC beliefs and practices of Christians, and not all of it is recorded in Scripture, such as the method of Baptism. And one must look outside the Bible to discover how the canon of Scripture was arrived.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodsGrace

Joseph77

Apr 1, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Recently I discovered, saw, and perused a little of a much more true and accurate history in line with all God's Word .... not at all what the world church would have everyone succumb to ....