"WHY?" is the main question that should be asked about WHY something is in the Bible.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Bible just a guide book on "How to Maximize Your Time in the World?"

--It can be, and it certainly is only that to some. I mean, the whole "applying" what is written to your everyday life--is all about you and the kingdom of this world! And yet you even hear it from the pulpit.

Pastors--do you not know there is more to the word of God than what is applicable to life in this world? Of course you do. Still some of you have tipped the scale in favor of the things of this world, never to ask what the greater reason is that worldly things are even in the scriptures. In other words and for example, when you do a sermon on marriage--do you ever include why it's even a biblical topic--or do you just preach on the relationship between a man and a woman? Have you ever add, "But that is not why marriage is actually in the eternal word of God--but only points to why it is there, and why it was practiced by men and women for thousands of years before the mystery of marriage was revealed?"...and then explain?

Likewise--most of what is written in the scriptures is not in the eternal word of God because of what it may have to do with life in this world.

We should be asking, "Why--for what greater reason has God included any given passage in His eternal word?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Gwin
Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're describing is the Contemporary Preaching Model which most churches have adopted.
The external church, which is supposed to represent the bride of Christ, is now fornicating with the world. I believe Revelations talks about this time as explained in the end time study attached.
I now get my preaching from audio books and sermons by long gone preachers from resources such as Aneko Press and Christian Sermons and Audio Books and other resources. There are very few modern preachers I hold any regard for.

Attachments

• Mystery Babylon- The Abomination of Desolation.pdf
    889.3 KB · Views: 1

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're describing is the Contemporary Preaching Model which most churches have adopted.
The external church, which is supposed to represent the bride of Christ, is now fornicating with the world. I believe Revelations talks about this time as explained in the end time study attached.
I now get my preaching from audio books and sermons by long gone preachers from resources such as Aneko Press and Christian Sermons and Audio Books and other resources. There are very few modern preachers I hold any regard for.
Wow, that is a lot of material! I'll look into it.

As for "long gone preachers", there are indeed some who are better than many today. Yet, if they were before the time of the sounding of the seventh angel, they did not have all the information. Thus, "If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!” still stands.