Why is this forum full of so many hateful "Christians"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I have to agree. There are some vicious people on this board; if you spend too much time here, it can drag you down. The atmosphere has certainly affected me over the years and it is often insidious. One day you think you are standing up for truth and the next, you recognize your own jerkiness - if you are lucky, you do.

I used to be naive, thinking doctrine had a role in determining the quality of person who posted here; boy was I wrong. It doesn't matter if you are SDA, LDS, or Catholic - jerks are jerks.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I have to agree. There are some vicious people on this board; if you spend too much time here, it can drag you down. The atmosphere has certainly affected me over the years and it is often insidious. One day you think you are standing up for truth and the next, you recognize your own jerkiness - if you are lucky, you do.

I used to be naive, thinking doctrine had a role in determining the quality of person who posted here; boy was I wrong. It doesn't matter if you are SDA, LDS, or Catholic - jerks are jerks.
Some paths are harder than others.
Some try to take the short cuts, others never arrive.
It's the journey ...
And sometimes we cross paths, and sometimes we walk together, and sometimes we go in opposite directions.
It's amazing.
:)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to take your word for it, but that's not what I've seen or have personally experienced on this site since I joined three weeks ago. I have 23 members currently on my ignore list because of either the way they have negatively interacted with me or they said something hateful about other people. I thought Christian Forums was a bad place for Christians, but CF seems tame in comparison. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.
Now see I've experienced exactly the opposite. CF is highly censored and virtually impossible to have open expression in a discussion. Some people view all opposition and criticism as ad hominem. Not saying you're that way; just saying that I've seen a lot of that--more so on CF than here, though. The current political and social climate of North America (and spreading globally, I'm afraid) is one of ultra-sensitivity. In my short experience, I've had a much better go of it here than at CF.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Demonrats, children of Satan, baby butchers, Democrats will go to hell. I'm sure I could find more examples like these if I skimmed through the threads. I'm confident I would find several more in the "Is it a sin to vote for a Democrat?" thread. I'm not the only one who's spoken up there.
I definitely steer clear of political stuff.

Reactions: Ziggy

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now see I've experienced exactly the opposite. CF is highly censored and virtually impossible to have open expression in a discussion. Some people view all opposition and criticism as ad hominem. Not saying you're that way; just saying that I've seen a lot of that--more so on CF than here, though. The current political and social climate of North America (and spreading globally, I'm afraid) is one of ultra-sensitivity. In my short experience, I've had a much better go of it here than at CF.

my comparisons are Matt Slick and James White, so the admins here seem very tolerant.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
my comparisons are Matt Slick and James White, so the admins here seem very tolerant.
I don't have a problem with admins. I know their job is no fun. But the favoring of anti-conservatism is just too much. I wouldn't consider myself a staunch conservative but I do have some conservative views. Which usually lands me between a rock and a hard place.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think some people need to be moderated more strictly because they refuse to bridle their tongue. They say whatever they want, without any regard to the consequences of their words. They skulk hide behind their computer screen and viciously disparage other people with impunity.

Why in the world would any liberal person listen to a Christian who calls them a child of Satan or a demonrat? How could using vicious derogatory terms to slander a person who supports abortion possibly show them God's love and convince them their stand on abortion is morally wrong?

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I definitely steer clear of political stuff.
Impossible... LOL
I'm finding it difficult to find threads that have certain topics I rather not talk about and I don't want to mention here because so far that particular virus has been kept at bay.
What exactly does a non-political discussion look like anyways?
Hugs

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah politics is pervasive, but punditry can be avoided. I am giving it up

It's funny, because liberals and conservatives are going to exist regardless how extreme the divide and besides, who wants to post on a stepford wives type board, where everyone is trapped in groupthink?

Barneyfife, I tend to think this board is moderate, as far as allowing opinions from many sides of religious life. Liberals think it is too conservative and conservatives believe it is too permissive - that is a good sign.

My only gripe is the name calling.

Well, I also find it frustrating that I agree least with the attitudes of people from my own church tradition.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have studied and read nearly the entire Bible and you want to know something? The Word is IN YOU....so Satan might try to attack His Word but he will never underestimate it nor deny it. He knows it is powerful....Want to know something else.....His Word is Power....and it manifests when SPOKEN by believers like us.
You work too hard trying to shove His Word down peoples throats.....All you need to do is speak His Word and it will accomplish what He intended for it to do. It will not return to Him void. But what makes His Word Alive and Enticing to others who hear it is when it is spoken in LOVE.
I grew up with the hell, fire and brimstone pastors who were constantly beating the congregation up with their imperfections of their Christian walk...been there done that and my Father spoke to me one day and set me free from condemnation.
Don't mean to spam but this is really good stuff! I just have to say Amen!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think some people need to be moderated more strictly because they refuse to bridle their tongue. They say whatever they want, without any regard to the consequences of their words. They skulk hide behind their computer screen and viciously disparage other people with impunity.

Why in the world would any liberal person listen to a Christian who calls them a child of Satan or a demonrat? How could using vicious derogatory terms to slander a person who supports abortion possibly show them God's love and convince them their stand on abortion is morally wrong?
I agree whole-heartedly. And if I'm being honest, I probably should have been reported or called out a few times. But disagreement and even criticism (without name-calling) should be tolerated--not just by admins, but members also. The cry of "foul" is too prevalent in open discussions. I can't count the number of times I've been accused of "demonizing" in the last few days when I was only making observations of ill behavior. The moderators here do a wonderful job of making distinctions and administrating. I'm not just saying that for points, either. I've got battle scars from moderating at other, practically Orwellian forums. I don't think I'm exaggerating. :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Wolves in sheeps clothing dear. A real Christian will address the content and will not attack you personally. A real Christian will not judge you as if your question is bias, and they will be either in agreement with you or disagreement but never disrespectful. Anyone who is rude to you or comes off hateful or bitter is the enemy.
hello Jaxxi

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can love them by giving them no delusion of being a member of the body of Christ, while murdering babies. Yet the question remains unanswered.

So you're saying that a Christian surgeon who performs an abortion on a fetus that has no chance of surviving outside the womb is a murderer? And if the mother dies because an abortion wasn't performed, thereby saving her life, who is "the murderer" then?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not disagreeing, but understand how that puts you "under the law" if you would
As long as we live on this earth there will always be earthly laws.
You are born into the world of laws.

Now I know what your getting at.. it's that, under the law of life and death right?
That law is kinda seperate from the world laws.
It's the dividing of the bone and marrow.
I mean it's so closely related and yet different.

So while we are here and have to abide by fleshly rules, thats the bone.
But because we live by the spirit (that is, the law of God) in the flesh, that's the marrow.

So yes, while we are subjected under the laws of the land,
We are no longer under the law of death.
Those who have been born again.. voted for Life.
Life won the election.
Those who haven't been born again... well the other guy won for their party.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.