Why is this forum full of so many hateful "Christians"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In two different threads I asked simple, honest questions and was attacked immediately thereafter.

I believe that many Christians idolize themselves and view others with condescension. In other words, they have "haughty" eyes.
Sorry you've had a bad experience, I could suggest a different approach? What specific examples got you that response?

Reactions: Debp

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you haven't been called any hateful and derogatory names or condemned to a very hot place where demons reside. If it is any consolation to you, I understand your POV. Sadly, I've recently learned that this kind of behavior is rather rampant on Christian boards like this one.

Perhaps the problem is self righteousness in that case: Luke 18:9-14 The parable of the tax collector might apply there.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Seven of Nine, as a moderator I want to assure you that every report submitted to us involving name calling and character attack is dealt with.
If you see a member's name with a line through it that means they are banned for a certain amount of time because they exceeded the number of warnings allowed.
So if there are legitimate reports and the poster truly did break a forum rule then appropriate action is taken.
Sometimes a member reports a post when no rule has been broken.
It's a continuous process of dealing with the different beliefs among members from all over the world and from all different beliefs when they start arguing against each others beliefs.
Learning how to debate with others without becoming offended or offensive is what makes the forum so much more pleasant to be engaged in.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to take your word for it, but that's not what I've seen or have personally experienced on this site since I joined three weeks ago. I have 23 members currently on my ignore list because of either the way they have negatively interacted with me or they said something hateful about other people. I thought Christian Forums was a bad place for Christians, but CF seems tame in comparison. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and K9Buck

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to take your word for it, but that's not what I've seen or have personally experienced on this site since I joined three weeks ago. I have 23 members currently on my ignore list because of either the way they have negatively interacted with me or they said something hateful about other people. I thought Christian Forums was a bad place for Christians, but CF seems tame in comparison. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

I actually got more hate on the CF forum. I think I'm more conservative, and they support liberals. But I'm not totally conservative either.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will go through all your posts and review what you have claimed. I need to understand what you are talking about.

Reactions: lforrest

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually got more hate on the CF forum. I think I'm more conservative, and they support liberals. But I'm not totally conservative either.

I'm not a member of CF, but I lurk around the site sometimes. I can't believe some of the comments I read in most of the threads by Christians to other Christians. I was hoping this site would be different than Christian Forums when I first joined, but I'm beginning to think I was mistaken.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a member of CF, but I lurk around the site sometimes. I can't believe some of the comments I read in some threads by Christians to other Christians. I was hoping this site would be different than Christian Forums when I first joined, but I'm beginning to think I was mistaken.

What you're witnessing sounds like Christianity in an lesser matured state. Everyone is at different maturities in their Christian walk. Well hopefully you'll get a better experience. Sorry to hear that :(

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you're witnessing sounds like Christianity in an lesser matured state. Everyone is at different maturities in their Christian walk. Well hopefully you'll get a better experience. Sorry to hear that :(

Thank you, Devin. I'm by no means perfect, but I don't like being talked down to or accused of doing something that I'm not doing. I don't like to have my personal faith questioned and also asked which side I'm on because I choose to stand up for Democrats when they're being slandered.

R

Rita

Seven of nine, this place is certainly a mixed bag with regards to responses. In some respects it’s given me a thicker skin, but it is also draining at times because of the way some people choose to continuously be abrupt with others if they don’t agree with what they have conveyed. Some members do it all the time.
Just putting someone on ignore is not the same as reporting the post of you have a problem with what is said. This is difficult site to moderate because of all the posts, I doubt the moderators have the time to read every thread or post, so it’s down to us to raise a concern. However I have only done this a few times since joining as you have to decide to let some things go over your head. It’s our choice whether we take offence and react or not, something are worth fighting for especially when others are involved.
It’s a bit like being in a school playground at times - some of the comments are just so childish and certainly raise the question with regards to maturity levels. I tend to read more than I post and pick what I want to get involved with.
Rita

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Seven of Nine, so I skimmed through your posts. The majority of the threads you started were anti-Trump in nature. This tends to provoke Trump supporters to chime in and speak in his defense.
I suggest staying away from controversial topics because they do get heated at times. Especially political ones. Stepping on others toes (so to speak) causes a lot of negative emotions and responses.
But if you do like talking about politics then be prepared for backlash.
Politics, IMHO, isn't a good christian topic to begin with, but it is part of a Christians life.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seven of nine, this place is certainly a mixed bag with regards to responses. In some respects it’s given me a thicker skin, but it is also draining at times because of the way some people choose to continuously be abrupt with others if they don’t agree with what they have conveyed. Some members do it all the time.
Just putting someone on ignore is not the same as reporting the post of you have a problem with what is said. This is difficult site to moderate because of all the posts, I doubt the moderators have the time to read every thread or post, so it’s down to us to raise a concern. However I have only done this a few times since joining as you have to decide to let some things go over your head. It’s our choice whether we take offence and react or not, something are worth fighting for especially when others are involved.
It’s a bit like being in a school playground at times - some of the comments are just so childish and certainly raise the question with regards to maturity levels. I tend to read more than I post and pick what I want to get involved with.
Rita

I have reported posts that I thought were malicious and a personal attack, but I was told that some of the posts weren't violations. I know the moderators have their hands full and I don't want to cause them any more trouble. I replied to the OP because I sympathize with him.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Seven of Nine, so I skimmed through your posts. The majority of the threads you started were anti-Trump in nature. This tends to provoke Trump supporters to chime in and speak in his defense.
I suggest staying away from controversial topics because they do get heated at times. Especially political ones. Stepping on others toes (so to speak) causes a lot of negative emotions and responses.
But if you do like talking about politics then be prepared for backlash.
Politics, IMHO, isn't a good christian topic to begin with, but it is part of a Christians life.

I don't necessarily agree that criticizing Trump is out of the question because he has rightly earned that criticism. However, disagreement doesn't have to include malicious name-calling or derogatory remarks to slander a person's character or question someone's Christian faith. For example, @April_Rose and I do not agree on politics at all. She's a true-blue Trump supporter and I'm obviously not. However, she and I have come to an understanding that we can disagree about Trump and still show each other respect and be kind toward one another. She and I are good friends.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Devin. I'm by no means perfect, but I don't like being talked down to or accused of doing something that I'm not doing. I don't like to have my personal faith questioned and also asked which side I'm on because I choose to stand up for Democrats when they're being slandered.
I can think of a few members that do that too, and it's happened to me. I've been on Christian forums for years now and I like to think I've developed a thicker skin. But I still find myself getting offended. I realized it's all part of the social media experience.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't necessarily agree that criticizing Trump is out of the question because he has rightly earned that criticism. However, disagreement doesn't have to include malicious name-calling or derogatory remarks to slander a person's character or question someone's Christian faith. For example, @April_Rose and I do not agree on politics at all. She's a true-blue Trump supporter and I'm obviously not. However, she and I have come to an understanding that we can disagree about Trump and still show each other respect and be kind toward one another. She doesn't degrade me and I don't degrade her.
No one is allowed to attack any member through name calling....sarcasm is allowed. Derogatory remarks...that gets tough because if it is said in a sarcastic way without pointing specifically at a member then it's allowed.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one is allowed to attack any member through name calling....sarcasm is allowed. Derogatory remarks...that gets tough because if it is said in a sarcastic way without pointing specifically at a member then it's allowed.

Demonrats, children of Satan, baby butchers, Democrats will go to hell. I'm sure I could find more examples like these if I skimmed through the threads. I'm confident I would find several more in the "Is it a sin to vote for a Democrat?" thread. I'm not the only one who's spoken up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.