Why is this forum full of so many hateful "Christians"?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you. Didn’t know how it works
even after being here for three years. I received a warning the first day I came here, not another since then. Had two post deleted. Wasn’t sure if I should have taken that as warnings.
Good point. The options are available to us to notify the member if their post has been deleted or edited and why. I suppose I should use it...lol.
Any post that a mod has deleted or edited should be considered as an "oops" and if you are not given a warning point then at least perhaps you should seek clarification in a PM....I am still a rookie but I have learned a lot since I started moderating.
God Bless!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In two different threads I asked simple, honest questions and was attacked immediately thereafter.

I believe that many Christians idolize themselves and view others with condescension. In other words, they have "haughty" eyes.

Same question here K9. I admit I expected differently when I started on here. I was advised to grow a thick skin and to not allow others on here to discourage me, and they will if we let them.
On the flip side, there are also many kind and gentle loving Christians on here too. Sometimes we even need a break from the forums. I just took a bit of a break and, the time not spent on here is with the Lord reading His word, prayer and study best I can.
Hang in and hang on brother! We love you.

In Christ,
Nancy

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it interesting our offence is often linked to how deeply we feel the things we share, and often if they are rejected we feel rejected.
I once shared about as a teenager, putting my hand out to Jesus and it being taken and led into His truths.
Someone suggested it was not Jesus's hand I got, but the enemy. Now I would never project such a thing on another, because it is their emotional expression of need and being met. The one who suggested such a thing, could not cope with the expression of dependency on Jesus and our vulnerability and fragility, so wanted to suggest such an expression was innately evil. It took me months to get over such a suggestion, because of the spiritual implications of it.

What I had not realised was actually the challenge emotionally I was giving, which was very powerful.
And yes they were right to suggest I could have been deceived. Except Jesus called us to be like little children who reach out and trust their parents, so likewise we should our Father. If one has had an abused and betrayed childhood, this is very painful and often is putting ones hands into an evil intending parent.

I have to confess I have had a very protected and privileged life, never been abused or assaulted, or had violence in my life. I have had to face mental illness and dysfunctional family relationships, but nothing compared to some you meet on the internet. So I am humbled by the diversity and often unintended responses people come with out of their darkness and lostness in the church and wider world.

To love sinners takes time. I had an experience with someone having a panic attack. They would come out with very provocative statements to define the world and make it safe. To me these statements were hurtful so I gave some push back. I just wanted a reasonable conversation. What happened was total rejection and worse abuse. It took me sometime to realise the difference between words as facts and words as emotional declaration and defence. If the individual was using words to protect themselves, my giving push back was actually making them more vulnerable and unable to cope. So I decided to rather ignore the subject matter, and reinforce support of the individual and their challenges.

Over time the issues will work themselves through, but love for the individual and standing by them no matter what they said was more important. This makes conversations on forums much more difficult because of peoples emotional history, hatreds and loves.

We tend to think of people as factual creatures when actually we are emotional creatures who hold on to facts to bring support and sense to the world. God bless you

Well I grew up Mormon, and had to change to Orthodox Christian, and it was a very painful and scary experience. So it's only natural that in multi-denominational forums there is going to be some thrashing back and forth. But we're all Christian so it shouldn't be as bad as a non-Christian setting. And normally that is the case I think.

But yeah people with emotional damage in their history or mental illness might see things differently than someone without those difficulties. That I see as true.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have claimed to not side with either party. So why do you get personally offended when democrats are called demonrats, baby butchers, children of Satan... Seems the easiest solution is to not associate oneself with them and be lumped in with the insult.

Of course, it's offensive to call other human beings demonrats, baby butchers and children of Satan. It's immensely unchristlike and it's a terrible Christian witness. It's worldly behavior and it's exactly the way Trump behaves. Christians are called to imitate Jesus Christ, not Donald Trump.

Me and a couple of other members have addressed this problem several times in the "Is it a sin to vote for a Democrat?" thread, but our efforts were met with stubborn rebellion and it fell on deaf ears. My most recent effort in this thread can be read by clicking here. Personally, I think this thread perfectly validates what many non-Christians and Christians alike have been saying about Trump supporters during the last five years.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same question here K9. I admit I expected differently when I started on here. I was advised to grow a thick skin and to not allow others on here to discourage me, and they will if we let them.
On the flip side, there are also many kind and gentle loving Christians on here too. Sometimes we even need a break from the forums. I just took a bit of a break and, the time not spent on here is with the Lord reading His word, prayer and study best I can.
Hang in and hang on brother! We love you.

In Christ,
Nancy

I given the same advice too, but I have a very low tolerance for bullying behavior. It doesn't matter if the bullying behavior occurs in real life or if it's cyberbullying. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone, Christian or not, to behave in the manner I've seen on this site and on CF. And this is especially true for anyone who professes Jesus Christ. On the other hand, I've met some kind people on here and they are the reason why I've decided not to give up and leave. The one thing I've observed about this site and CF is that both of these sites are good examples of what it's like out in the world. I think that's sad because Christians are called to be in the world, but not of it. Again, this is my personal observation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll have to take your word for it, but that's not what I've seen or have personally experienced on this site since I joined three weeks ago. I have 23 members currently on my ignore list because of either the way they have negatively interacted with me or they said something hateful about other people. I thought Christian Forums was a bad place for Christians, but CF seems tame in comparison. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel.

CF is just intolerable. They coddle to the spiritually immature; people who know how to show disrespect to others without "breaking the rules," and when you call them on it, they report you like little children because they got their hind end spanked a little. I can't post publicly over there because even a post like this one right here would get me reported. That's why that forum is almost utterly bereft of quality people now. Nearly all of them have migrated here.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just curious.
BTW, @K9Buck , your question is a statement of judgment. So, really what you're asking is not just an "honest question."

Who decides what's hateful? YOU? Do you get to decide the standard for hatefulness?

And what is your standard? Would you consider calling someone a "brood of vipers" or child of snakes hateful? How about a "white-washed tomb"? Would calling someone a hypocrite be hateful in your estimation? (Of course, we know that Jesus used these terms.)

Please, define this term for us, K9Buck. I really want to know.

Reactions: lforrest

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you, Devin. I'm by no means perfect, but I don't like being talked down to or accused of doing something that I'm not doing. I don't like to have my personal faith questioned and also asked which side I'm on because I choose to stand up for Democrats when they're being slandered.

This is what you have to master right here, sister, or you end up becoming one of "them." And this is again why this is the better forum. No forum is anywhere near perfect - all of them are a battlefield. But here you have a fairly high percentage of people who can take that sort of behavior and not respond in kind. You have plenty here who will, however, likely among those you put on ignore. So you just have to take the good with the bad and keep your heart clean from holding resentments.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can think of a few members that do that too, and it's happened to me. I've been on Christian forums for years now and I like to think I've developed a thicker skin. But I still find myself getting offended. I realized it's all part of the social media experience.

Absolutely. The enemy is working overtime on social media these days, on any subject matter of consequence and even those which aren't. I heard Facebook is a total disaster.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, it's offensive to call other human beings demonrats, baby butchers and children of Satan. It's immensely unchristlike and it's a terrible Christian witness. It's worldly behavior and it's exactly the way Trump behaves. Christians are called to imitate Jesus Christ, not Donald Trump.

This is what's called a Christian rebuke, and it is what I favor in how to deal with things. This is how you respond (and stronger on occasions) and if they don't listen you move on. But they have been warned. And sometimes they will listen.
Me and a couple of other members have addressed this problem several times in the "Is it a sin to vote for a Democrat?" thread

I thought of responding to that thread with the simple answer, "No." But it shouldn't even be taken seriously to begin with, so I didn't even bother.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. The enemy is working overtime on social media these days, on any subject matter of consequence and even those which aren't. I heard Facebook is a total disaster.

It's the liberals, they're trying to convert all the youth to their cause, so they try to destroy anything Christian conservative. I don't even know why I have to use the term conservative when I say Christian. Saying Christian used to be the same as Christian conservative.

But yeah, facebook censors conservative stuff and uses liberal propaganda.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

Me and a couple of other members have addressed this problem several times in the "Is it a sin to vote for a Democrat?" thread, but our efforts were met with stubborn rebellion and it fell on deaf ears. My most recent effort in this thread can be read by clicking here. Personally, I think this thread perfectly validates what many non-Christians and Christians alike have been saying about Trump supporters during the last five years.

And I think there is a problem with associating oneself with an organization that has set itself against God. It is proper that the organization should be condemned by Christians, and all their evils exposed.

I think the problem comes with placing too much faith in man, and not enough in God. It causes people to idolize their particular cause with a sort of religious zealotry. This is a problem for the left and the right, but more-so for the left.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I think there is a problem with associating oneself with an organization that has set itself against God. It is proper that the organization should be condemned by Christians, and all their evils exposed.

I think the problem comes with placing too much faith in man, and not enough in God. It causes people to idolize their particular cause with a sort of religious zealotry. This is a problem for the left and the right, but more-so for the left.
I would say it depends on the cause. Defending innocent human life will always be a cause worth taking up.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Seven of Nine, so I skimmed through your posts. The majority of the threads you started were anti-Trump in nature. This tends to provoke Trump supporters to chime in and speak in his defense.
I suggest staying away from controversial topics because they do get heated at times. Especially political ones. Stepping on others toes (so to speak) causes a lot of negative emotions and responses.
But if you do like talking about politics then be prepared for backlash.
Politics, IMHO, isn't a good christian topic to begin with, but it is part of a Christians life.

EXACTLY. I have received prophetic dreams about Trump that I wouldn't dare post on this forum. I would lose friends and be terribly vilified for it, and I would merely be reporting what the Spirit is saying (I still may, but haven't decided yet). But if what the Spirit is saying is being put on the back burner, how much MORE should petty crap-starting debates be avoided?

People may mean well and just want to have a "discussion," but in reality they often don't have any sense, and then wonder why things get ugly.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EXACTLY. I have received prophetic dreams about Trump that I wouldn't dare post on this forum. I would lose friends and be terribly vilified for it, and I would merely be reporting what the Spirit is saying (I still may, but haven't decided yet). But if what the Spirit is saying is being put on the back burner, how much MORE should petty crap-starting debates be avoided?

People may mean well and just want to have a "discussion," but in reality they often don't have any sense, and then wonder why things get ugly.
I think we all should use wisdom and ask ourselves what is our intention for starting this thread. Is it to edify? Exhort?Instruct? Direct? Or is it simply to put our biased opinion out there for all to see? This would be vanity and pride to seek others approval of your thoughts.
Now as far as prophesy...if the Holy Spirit leads you to share then you must be obedient. If He isn't then don't.
God Bless You Brother!:)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I would say it depends on the cause. Defending innocent human life will always be a cause worth taking up.
Even so such a pro-life organization is a means to an end. Once the goal is reached the organization ceases to exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.