Why Is Western Christianity So Soft?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed my friend . And what overcomes the world , OUR FAITH , our faith in CHRIST JESUS who has the VICTORY .
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the LORD .
But beware for many love a lie . not the truth . Remember to the end that JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE ONLY NAME
whereby one may be saved . Muhammed cannot save the muslim , budda cannot save the buddits
and all the gods of the hinuds cannot save them . The carnal wisdom of the atheist cannot save him .
BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS and YE SHALL BE SAVED . HOLD that FIRM TO THE END . FOR IN HE ALONE IS THE VICTORY .
And let us love and embrace all things HE did teach and later the apostels would leave us in those letters . loving
and embracing unto the holy inspired words of truth in that bible . For every warning to every promise
er word of the LORD and of the SPIRIT are meant for the GOOD of the hearer and the doer of said words .
GOD knows HOW to keep HIS CHURCH safe , and healthy and growing ever wise in the things of the LORD .
Let us stay well planted in the holy bible , by which we shall grow wise unto salvation through our faith in CHRIST JESUS
IN HE ALONE . budda aint gonna save anyone , no other path , no other mindset can .
Man cannot save himself . BUT JESUS CAN . SO LET US POINT TO HE ALONE and love and embrace those pure
and holy words .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes indeed my friend . And what overcomes the world , OUR FAITH , our faith in CHRIST JESUS who has the VICTORY .
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the LORD .
But beware for many love a lie . not the truth . Remember to the end that JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE ONLY NAME
whereby one may be saved . Muhammed cannot save the muslim , budda cannot save the buddits
and all the gods of the hinuds cannot save them . The carnal wisdom of the atheist cannot save him .
BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS and YE SHALL BE SAVED . HOLD that FIRM TO THE END . FOR IN HE ALONE IS THE VICTORY .
And let us love and embrace all things HE did teach and later the apostels would leave us in those letters . loving
and embracing unto the holy inspired words of truth in that bible . For every warning to every promise
er word of the LORD and of the SPIRIT are meant for the GOOD of the hearer and the doer of said words .
GOD knows HOW to keep HIS CHURCH safe , and healthy and growing ever wise in the things of the LORD .
Let us stay well planted in the holy bible , by which we shall grow wise unto salvation through our faith in CHRIST JESUS
IN HE ALONE . budda aint gonna save anyone , no other path , no other mindset can .
Man cannot save himself . BUT JESUS CAN . SO LET US POINT TO HE ALONE and love and embrace those pure
and holy words .
save-image.png

• Love

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There is the love that cometh of the world and it must not be heeded .
Only the love that cometh of GOD must be embraced .
And any love that comes of GOD , wont DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD , rather IT REJOICES IN THE TRUTH
as even the charity chapter says well .
Charity does not rejoice in INQUITY , it rejoices IN THE TRUTH .
And it does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
And yet many now call that which is unseemingly LOVE .
And likewise did the men give up the natural use of the woman
working in themeselves that which is UNSEEMINGLY .
I think its DIRE IMPORTANT we have CHARITY . but woe and beware , for many are preaching
a charity WHICH INDEED rejects TRUTH , REJOICES in and HONORS inquity .
That AINT LOVE from GOD . And even if i gave all my goods to the poor , my body to be burned ,
YET HAD NOT CHARITY it would PROFIT ME NOTHING .
CHARITY REJOICES IN TRUTH , NOT SIN .
save-image.png

• Love

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I didn't see that.

The problem as I see it with the perceived soft factor is that we fail to realize it is inconsistent with God-Jesus of the OT. Who was far from soft on his enemies.

However, when Roman councils invent a passive fixture of obedience it makes it far easier to overcome the believers mind and life.

There is a reason we are referred to as sheep in the NT.
Because wolf spirits would rip the throat out of a Hezbollah terrorist. Take the heads in equal measure of Muslim terrorists, and have already blown the temple mount dome dedicated to a
meteorite named Allah right back into his lap.

If someone struck us in our cheek as an offensive gesture, we'd break their jaw in response.
We are told to avoid evil and be saved from our sin. Therein it is incongruent that we would be told not to resist an evil person.

If someone takes our purse, it only makes sense they, like the one who strikes us in our face, think we enjoy abuse when we hand them out cloak also.

Christianity is soft because it made conquest and dominion over Christians and their lands easier to achieve if the Christians thought passivity was their ticket to Heaven

We were fools then. We shall be now if we don't wake up
I don't mean "soft" as in "passive" or "meek" - these are key to victory over both spiritual and temporal enemies (when we're weak, it's then we're strong in Christ) - I mean "soft" as "hypersensitive", "weak spiritual resolve", "unloving", "resentful", etc. History shows when Christians have it easy they're prone to backsliding.

Even Scripture says the problem with Sodom was "fullness of bread" and "idleness" and reluctance to "strengthen the hand of the poor". Sadly, the case with most Western Christians is that their needs are so fully met that they have to invent things to worry about, they leave the great commision to the pastor, and then appeal to "freedom in Christ" as a means to shirk financial obligation in the same way they use it to keep on sinning.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This Thread title really started to bug me.

The West is soft, in regards to what? Who said "divide up the faith (into East and West)"?
Can there by Western Christians who enjoy religious freedom, security, prosperity while possessing faith as strong as that of Daniel or the Three Hebrew Worthies? Absolutely!

However, let's not kid ourselves concerning the spiritual health of the average Western Christian whose pastors admit they don't pray as needed and members can hardly quote a single verse compared to the average Eastern Christian whose daily struggle to obtain basic necessities and practice his faith under persecution compels him to pray and live by every word of God.
Have you prayed that you escape what is to come and stand before the Son of Man? Or are you hoping someone else will pray it for you?
You mean have I prayed to be counted worthy to escape God's wrath (Luke 21:36 KJV)? Every Christian's daily prayer:
"LORD, I choose this morning to allow You the rightful place on the throne of my heart to live out Your obedience life through me and then give me credit for what You've done, so I may be counted worthy."​

Typical Western Christian's idea of what constitutes the prayer for worthiness:
"Lord, simultaneously deliver this Presumptuous sinner who's allowed abounding iniquity to kill my agape cold and dead as you deliver this Just man who will endure to the end and be saved" (Matthew 24:12-13 KJV).​

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
[...] me credit for what You've done, so I may be counted worthy."

Typical Western Christian's idea of what constitutes the prayer for worthiness:
"Lord, simultaneously deliver this Presumptuous sinner who's allowed abounding iniquity to kill my agape cold and dead as you deliver this Just man who will endure to the end and be saved" (Matthew 24:12-13 KJV).​
You are right the danger is that the necessary prayer, will be perverted.

I think it sad that believers aren't phased by this. But who can convict them of the law, if mercy is written in their heart (only someone who endures giving all manner of mercy?)?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are right the danger is that the necessary prayer, will be perverted.

I think it sad that believers aren't phased by this. But who can convict them of the law, if mercy is written in their heart (only someone who endures giving all manner of mercy?)?
Yes, because the concept of humility is perverted.

Godly humility not only leads us to ask for Christ to enter our heart and save us, but that same spirit leads us to surrender our will and yield ourselves to His will as servants in service to our Lord.

Churchianity's idea of "humility" is to have Christ as our Savior but not as our Lord.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte