Why Is Western Christianity So Soft?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Some likely believe this to be judgemental...
KJV Revelation 3:14-22
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the
churches.

Notice the above bolded portion. "As many as I love I rebuke". Why do some people charge others with hatred when they have words of rebuke for those they love? It isn't hatred to desire Christianity to get its act together. Unless you want to accuse Jesus of the same.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus let evil fall on him? By taking on the sins of the world when he was being beat… mocked, spit on and ridiculed.

But that doesnt mean you do not call the police when you see someone harming another human being, or may be abusing children.

In Luke 6 a good chapter to read Jesus says pray for your enemies, those wjo abuse you and mistreat you. But justice needs to be served and action is taken, with the use of the police and prayer?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some likely believe this to be judgemental...
KJV Revelation 3:14-22
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the
churches.

Notice the above bolded portion. "As many as I love I rebuke". Why do some people charge others with hatred when they have words of rebuke for those they love? It isn't hatred to desire Christianity to get its act together. Unless you want to accuse Jesus of the same.
MANY DO SEE CORRECTION as HATE . BUT I TELL US ALL CORRECTION is LOVE . And though the more abundantely i do love
the less i be loved . Those who LOVE SIN will hate those who correct them of their sin .
BUT , and this a big ol butt indeed . BUT REBUKE a wise man and HE WILL LOVE THEE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus let evil fall on him? By taking on the sins of the world when he was being beat… mocked, spit on and ridiculed.

But that doesnt mean you do not call the police when you see someone harming another human being, or may be abusing children.

In Luke 6 a good chapter to read Jesus says pray for your enemies, those wjo abuse you and mistreat you. But justice needs to be served and action is taken, with the use of the police and prayer?
Who the heck said otherwise my friend . What we dont do , HOWEVER , is DEFEND OURSELVES .
No one ever said the law cannot be called if one is being harmed . BUT if a man enters in to do us harm ,
I tell us all , we are not to kill that man to defend ourselves . GOD IS IN CONTROL .
GOD IS IN CONTROL .
Let this sink in real deep . GOD IS IN CONTROL . IF a man came to kill me
and MY TIME was not up , FOR GOD DETERMINES WHEN MY TIME IS UP , i tell us all
that man could have no power to kill me . MY TRUST IS IN GOD . NOT ME , IN GOD .
And as many were also beaten and killed for JESUS , IF MYTIME IS UP , THEN ITS UP , MY END IS GOOD
and i shall not fear what man can do to me . MY desire for even those who would kill me ,
IF GOD allows it , WOULD STILL BE THIS ONE REQUEST . LORD GOD ALL MIGHTY , CREATOR OF ALL THAT IS ,
FORGIVE THEM , HOLD NOT this sin against them . BRING THEM TO JESUS who can convert them .
GOD ALONE is my only goodness , HE ALONE my only righteousness . AND THIS IS A GIFT that has been given me
IN CHRIST . Veageance of any sort does not belong to this sinner saved by grace , BUT TO GOD ALONE .
And since i know HE SPARED ME , and it sure werent cause i was good , for i was worst than most i know .
But rather cause HE IS FULL OF MERCY . I PRAY THE SAME EVEN FOR MY ENEMIES .
But do know this . IF any man , any woman , any angel or donkey that can speak
comes and says ALL RELIGOINS are fine as is , THEY LIE and are of ANTI CHRIST . THIS HOMIE
gonna point to the ONLY NAME that saves . BELIEVE YE IN HIM will be my motto and my life .
AND no other religoin or path will i allow to be seen as fine . ONLY THIS PATH , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST cause
all else is vain and of darkness .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that is New Testament.
Not according to how many try and use that saying . it is true we must submit to GOD .
but most use this saying against those who would correct and to try and remind the church to DO GOOD and to FLEE EVIL .
THOSE BE FALSE and as such they will not be supported .
BUT TRUE IT IS that we can DO NOTHING without HIM , BUT FAIL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The police should be called on those who are abusing the children .
Now stand by that phone cause i also see many who abuse and are abusing the children by taking them to DRAGQUEEN hour .
That is ABUSE .
Go ahead mathew , feel free to ask me if i would still have a problem
with it if natural women were showing up in half dress clothing . YES I WOULD .
And how much worse when a man does it . exactly . TIME TO STOP SUPPORTING THE MONSTERS MACHINE .
TIME to stop closing a blind eye to the dark alaphabet and allowing them to seduce the children .
TIME TO RAISE THOSE CHILDREN UP RIGHT IN THE WAY and ways of the LORD and to expose all evil .
To correct all sin , to speak truth and to embrace EVERY WORD OF GOD and of HIS CHRIST and of the apostels
letters that were left to us in said bible . TIME to stop seeing the bible as in the way , or outdated
TIME TO PICK IT UP AGAIN and TIME TO TEACH the peoples and instruct the church in RIGHTEOUSNESS .
Many will hate you for this , BUT THE PATTERN , THE TRUTH OF GOD is INDEED THE ONLY HOPE THEY HAVE .

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some fiery good posts being put down. God’s war should always be our war; and that means a lot of Sword wielding, which is the Word of God. …because when God is on our side, we will always win. If we stick with Him and His Word, He will give us the victory! IMG_4511.gif

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some fiery good posts being put down. God’s war should always be our war; and that means a lot of Sword wielding, which is the Word of God. …because when God is on our side, we will always win. If we stick with Him and His Word, He will give us the victory! View attachment 32760
There is the love that cometh of the world and it must not be heeded .
Only the love that cometh of GOD must be embraced .
And any love that comes of GOD , wont DENY THE TRUTH OF GOD , rather IT REJOICES IN THE TRUTH
as even the charity chapter says well .
Charity does not rejoice in INQUITY , it rejoices IN THE TRUTH .
And it does not behave itself UNSEEMINGLY .
And yet many now call that which is unseemingly LOVE .
And likewise did the men give up the natural use of the woman
working in themeselves that which is UNSEEMINGLY .
I think its DIRE IMPORTANT we have CHARITY . but woe and beware , for many are preaching
a charity WHICH INDEED rejects TRUTH , REJOICES in and HONORS inquity .
That AINT LOVE from GOD . And even if i gave all my goods to the poor , my body to be burned ,
YET HAD NOT CHARITY it would PROFIT ME NOTHING .
CHARITY REJOICES IN TRUTH , NOT SIN .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some fiery good posts being put down. God’s war should always be our war; and that means a lot of Sword wielding, which is the Word of God. …because when God is on our side, we will always win. If we stick with Him and His Word, He will give us the victory! View attachment 32760
Yes indeed my friend . And what overcomes the world , OUR FAITH , our faith in CHRIST JESUS who has the VICTORY .
Let all that has breath both praise and thank the LORD .
But beware for many love a lie . not the truth . Remember to the end that JESUS CHRIST ALONE IS THE ONLY NAME
whereby one may be saved . Muhammed cannot save the muslim , budda cannot save the buddits
and all the gods of the hinuds cannot save them . The carnal wisdom of the atheist cannot save him .
BELIEVE YE IN CHRIST JESUS and YE SHALL BE SAVED . HOLD that FIRM TO THE END . FOR IN HE ALONE IS THE VICTORY .
And let us love and embrace all things HE did teach and later the apostels would leave us in those letters . loving
and embracing unto the holy inspired words of truth in that bible . For every warning to every promise
er word of the LORD and of the SPIRIT are meant for the GOOD of the hearer and the doer of said words .
GOD knows HOW to keep HIS CHURCH safe , and healthy and growing ever wise in the things of the LORD .
Let us stay well planted in the holy bible , by which we shall grow wise unto salvation through our faith in CHRIST JESUS
IN HE ALONE . budda aint gonna save anyone , no other path , no other mindset can .
Man cannot save himself . BUT JESUS CAN . SO LET US POINT TO HE ALONE and love and embrace those pure
and holy words .

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well, that is New Testament.
No it is not. There are two aspects. The sacred feminine principle which is the "non-aggression" principle. We can relate this to the Holy Spirit and is female because it is a passive quality. And then there is the sacred masculine principle which is the "self defence" principle. We can relate this to the Son and is male because it is an active quality. The self defence principle is to uphold Truth or serve justice. It is to speak Truth into the world at its defence.

Ill highlight some sacred masculine principles from the bible.

Jn 2:15-16: "Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, “Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father’s house into a marketplace!”"

Mt 10:34-36: "“Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword. ‘I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Your enemies will be right in your own household!’"

Zachariah

Mar 20, 2023
Belief in government = belief in slavery.
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They may as well say Let go of the biblical God and His Christ and be ye as God .
An example . I heard a transgender on live TV say DONT JUDGE me , GOD MADE me this way .
Rather odd though . Had GOD intended that man to be a woman , HE WOULD HAVE CREATED HIM as such .
He made himself into what he thinks is a woman . Men have long desired to be AS GOD
so marvel not that they have created a religoin and educational system
by which they offer up a religion that shall put humanity , govts FIRST .
For years they have hollered TRUTH IS NOT ABOSLUTE . And they Believe their ever changing view of truth IS ABOSLUTE .
Yeah , ponder on that for a bit .
Its like a buddist who hollers all day , BELIEF IS EVIL , Dont BELIEVE , and this they aboslutely BELIEVE .
I never seen a generation so dumbstruck in its own mindset that it can no longer see simple truth . Truth even a five year old
could see .
Correct. Truth is not relative. It is objective, binding and immutable. Just like the law of gravity.

Man connot claim what is a "right" and what is a "wrong". Morality is already enherent by the creator. To claim your own rights and wrongs is to eat the apple of knowlage of good and evil. When we claim that Truth is relative to our own will we have lost touch with our creator.

Reactions: amigo de christo

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it is not. There are two aspects. The sacred feminine principle which is the "non-aggression" principle. We can relate this to the Holy Spirit and is female because it is a passive quality. And then there is the sacred masculine principle which is the "self defence" principle. We can relate this to the Son and is male because it is an active quality. The self defence principle is to uphold Truth or serve justice. It is to speak Truth into the world at its defence.

Ill highlight some sacred masculine principles from the bible.

Jn 2:15-16: "Jesus made a whip from some ropes and chased them all out of the Temple. He drove out the sheep and cattle, scattered the money changers’ coins over the floor, and turned over their tables. Then, going over to the people who sold doves, he told them, “Get these things out of here. Stop turning my Father’s house into a marketplace!”"

Mt 10:34-36: "“Don’t imagine that I came to bring peace to the earth! I came not to bring peace, but a sword. ‘I have come to set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. Your enemies will be right in your own household!’"
Thank you for elaborating on my simple observation.