Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who claims the Christian doesn't have to keep the Ten Commandments but isn't allowed to break them isn't qualified to teach a six year old how to color in the lines, let alone grown ups the Bible.

The phrase “Ten Commandments” does not appear in the New Testament so no one in the New Testament is saying that Christians should obey the so called Ten Commands….again explained to you in the most simplest terms and you just cannot grasp it.

Ten "summaries"? The Ten COMMANDMENTS are separate and distinct from the Mosaic Law, which is why murder continues to be wrong but sporting a foreskin is alright.

Find the scripture that says the ten summaries are separate from the Mosaic Laws…..and not murdering is just the basics and would be there for Christians even if the Old Testament did not exist. Again simple understanding?
The fact that every single one of the Ten Commandments - including the 4th - is said to the church in the NT speaks for itself.

Reiterating basic morality is all that it is…..Where is the Law against engraved images?

So, which of the Ten Commandments are we allowed to violate?

None of them pertain to Christians so it is impossible to violate them.

Then why did John warn us to "keep yourselves from idols" if that doesn't concern us?

You mean you do not know? LOL But still we have plenty of engraved images.

Simple? There's never been a more convoluted way of interpreting Scripture!

Only because you live in the convoluted reality between your ears.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit of the 4th commandment is rest in Jesus and the letter of it is literal rest every 7th day from our work "as God did from His" - just as the Spirit of the 7th commandment is to not lust and the letter of it is to not commit adultery.

If it's unacceptable to ignore the letter of the 7th commandment, what leads people to think they can ignore the letter of the 4th?

It's the unconverted heart inside them, that's what.
The Ten Commandments was the Old Covenant, Exodus 34:28. We are under the New Covenant which is stronger and goes deeper than the Old Covenant. Because of that the New Covenant replaces the Old without breaking any of them; in fact, we establish them. The Old Covenant could not make anyone righteous. The commandments of the New Covenant can. We even have a new sign of the New Covenant. 1 Corinthians 11:25

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The phrase “Ten Commandments” does not appear in the New Testament so no one in the New Testament is saying that Christians should obey the so called Ten Commands….again explained to you in the most simplest terms and you just cannot grasp it.
Why should the NT mention "Ten Commandments" when all ten are repeated individually?
Find the scripture that says the ten summaries are separate from the Mosaic Laws…..and not murdering is just the basics and would be there for Christians even if the Old Testament did not exist. Again simple understanding?
The Ten Commandments existed long before Moses. Cain knew not to kill, Rachel knew not to steal, Abraham knew not to lie, etc.

Is the Christian free to kill, steal, and lie today?
Reiterating basic morality is all that it is…..Where is the Law against engraved images?
"Little children, keep yourselves from idols". 1 John 5
None of them pertain to Christians so it is impossible to violate them.
"If thou kill, thou (Christian) art become a transgressor of the law".
You mean you do not know? LOL But still we have plenty of engraved images.
Pastors touch kids, too. Not sure what's your point.
Only because you live in the convoluted reality between your ears.
Too bad James didn't get your memo that killing and adultery no longer make the Christian a transgressor of the law because the Ten Commandments no longer apply to him hmmx1:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Ten Commandments was the Old Covenant. The New Covenant is stronger and goes deeper than the Old Covenant. The Old Covenant could not make anyone righteous. The commandments of the New Covenant can.
If God's Ten Commandment law is synonymous with OC, then let's try replacing "law" with "OC" in Romans 3:31 KJV, shall we?

"Do we then make void the OC through faith? God forbid. Yea, we establish the OC."​

So, please explain how the Christian is to "establish the OC" or please abandon this idea that God's Ten Commandment Law is the OC (btw, if you're basing your idea on Deuteronomy 4:13 KJV, please ask and I'll show you why that ain't so).

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should the NT mention "Ten Commandments" when all ten are repeated individually?

The Ten Commandments existed long before Moses. Cain knew not to kill, Rachel knew not to steal, Abraham knew not to lie, etc.

Is the Christian free to kill, steal, and lie today?

"Little children, keep yourselves from idols". 1 John 5

"If thou kill, thou (Christian) art become a transgressor of the law".

Pastors touch kids, too. Not sure what's your point.

Too bad James didn't get your memo that killing and adultery no longer make the Christian a transgressor of the law because the Ten Commandments no longer apply to him hmmx1:

Look I am not the only one that has tried to explain this to you and you just cannot grasp it.
So take comfort in the fact that even the retarded can be saved.

• Haha
Reactions: Adrift

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If God's Ten Commandment law is synonymous with OC, then let's try replacing "law" with "OC" in Romans 3:31 KJV, shall we?

"Do we then make void the OC through faith? God forbid. Yea, we establish the OC."​

So, please explain how the Christian is to "establish the OC" or please abandon this idea that God's Ten Commandment Law is the OC (btw, if you're basing your idea on Deuteronomy 4:13 KJV, please ask and I'll show you why that ain't so).
No one under the Old Covenant came close to keeping the two greatest commandments, but they are identical to the New Covenant, thereby making us righteous, which could not be said of the Old Covenant and why the New is better. Don't forget you can't put new wine into old wine skins, so Jesus didn't. You can keep the New Covenant and still go to church on Saturday or Sunday without sinning, and eat what you like. I love Choplets and Scallops, and FriChick, and Nuteena. Wish they still made that!

We now can truly abide in God and He in us. See how much better this is?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is just called the Law, and it includes the Ten Commandments. I hope you didn't miss the point and think James was showing us commandments that are in the New Covenant. No, verse 12 is us. Maybe me and not you? P777 do you have any of the gifts of the Spirit from Mark 16:16-18, or 1 Corinthians 12:8-10? The gifts are part of the New Covenant also as EGW knows.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Foreknowledge does not determine as you said HOW things will be achieved but it also does not make the one who foretells, the causative agent.
Exactly….just because God foretells an event, doesn’t mean that he causes it.
And just because he permits something doesn’t mean he approves of it either….but because it suits his purpose in allowing it, the end justifies the means.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look I am not the only one that has tried to explain this to you and you just cannot grasp it.
So take comfort in the fact that even the retarded can be saved.
Arguing the Ten Commandments don't apply to the Christian because they're now subject to a "higher, more nobler law" is as ridiculous as arguing the speed limit doesn't apply to military men because of the UCMJ.

Look, everyone knows antinomians are cowards who don't really believe the Christian may live contrary to the Ten Commandments without eternal consequences, else they publicly say that. Whether they fear offending their fellow echo chamber members or fear appearing insane before the rest of us remains to be seen, but what they ought to fear is the fast approaching eternal wrath of God upon them. If Jesus warned the Pharisees their worship was "in vain" for merely attacking the 5th commandment which Paul reiterates in the NT, how much more "vain" is one's supposed "worship" if they war against all Ten Commandments?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hey thanks. I hadn't seen Deut. 4:13. I meant Deut. 31:13 where the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant. The New Covenant has a sign also and I know you keep that sign too. Keeping the letter of the Sabbath Law is honoring to God, but not if you don't keep the Spirit of the Sabbath. If you don't, the letter won't matter. Nor will it matter if you die immature in all the fruit of the Spirit. That is what Matthew 7:19-23 is about.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arguing the Ten Commandments don't apply to the Christian because they're now subject to a "higher, more nobler law" is as ridiculous as arguing the speed limit doesn't apply to military men because of the UCMJ.

Look, everyone knows antinomians are cowards who don't really believe the Christian may live contrary to the Ten Commandments without eternal consequences, else they publicly say that. Whether they fear offending their fellow echo chamber members or fear appearing insane before the rest of us remains to be seen, but what they ought to fear is the fast approaching eternal wrath of God upon them. If Jesus warned the Pharisees their worship was "in vain" for merely attacking the 5th commandment which Paul reiterates in the NT, how much more "vain" is one's supposed "worship" if they war against all Ten Commandments?

I have already answered this.
Go to a book store and buy a copy of Christianity For Dumbies $18.99 Amazon

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey thanks. I hadn't seen Deut. 4:13. I meant Deut. 31:13 where the Sabbath was a sign of the covenant. The New Covenant has a sign also and I know you keep that sign too. Keeping the letter of the Sabbath Law is honoring to God, but not if you don't keep the Spirit of the Sabbath. If you don't, the letter won't matter. Nor will it matter if you die immature in all the fruit of the Spirit. That is what Matthew 7:19-23 is about.
YW :) We must remember the Ten Commandments were not "the Old Covenant" - merely one of the two components of it:

Component 1: God's promise to bless​
Component 2: People's promise to obey the Ten Commandments​
Of course, the people broke their promise, powerless to accomplish obedience in their own strength, so cue the New Covenant:
Component 1: God's promise to bless​
Component 2: JESUS' promise to enter the heart and obey them for us, then credit us with His victory​
Same Ten Commandments, same blessings, but "better promises".

The NC doesn't erase our obligation to obey them, but makes honoring them possible for us.
"He (Jesus) will magnify (not abolish) the law, and make it honorable". - Isaiah 41:21 KJV

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There must be different kinds of blindness. Let me tell you something, nothing of anyone's or anything's holiness or and spirituality remains the moment his or it's mundaneness or and carnality is gone.
Again, we're not talking about "people" - we're talking about "laws".

The same law can't be both "carnal" and "holy" at the same time, therefore, the "carnal" Mosaic Law is separate and distinct from the "holy" law of God, the Ten Commandments.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have already answered this.
Go to a book store and buy a copy of Christianity For Dumbies $18.99 Amazon
You've answered nothing, but I'll keep asking, if only to help believers beginning to waver on antinomianism:

Is the Christian at liberty to murder another or must he keep the 6th commandment?

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've answered nothing, but I'll keep asking, if only to help believers beginning to waver on antinomianism:

Is the Christian at liberty to murder another or must he keep the 6th commandment?

You keep repeating the same old junk.
People have explained this to you.
You are wasting our time.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep repeating the same old junk.
People have explained this to you.
You are wasting our time.
How far along are you in the maturing of these fruit?

2 Peter 1:5-9
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How far along are you in the maturing of these fruit?

2 Peter 1:5-9
5 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, 6 to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, 7 to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. 8 For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.

Ever heard of tough love?.....Paul did....

O foolish Galatians, who has bewitched you.....

But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God’s curse!

You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by the Law; you have fallen from grace.

I have decided to deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of his flesh, so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

And Christ did....
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables.

Better for me to shake his tree now than for him to go to judgment Day cursed and fallen from Grace. What other judgment can such a one receive? Severed from Christ, fallen from Grace, and Cursed of God. Now you can pat him on the back as he marches down that path to Hell with confidence....is that love? I tell you what....from now on I will tell him God bless you and enjoy Hell. Why would that be a blessing, because he earned it.

Last edited: