Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No stretch the grammar is clear. There is no argument against it.

That's what the delusional keep claiming.

So you admit that you believe the Apostles in the Book of Acts (at the Jerusalem Counsel) were being deceived by satan for not putting Saturday sabbath in as being required on Gentile believers along with prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals that were strangled, and on fornication and idolatry

If they were being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ... and Jesus commands that gentile believers observe Saturday sabbath... and not doing so is sinful behavior.... then Jesus would have had the Holy Ghost put this in the Apostles hearts.

Not only that, but we would see Jesus and His Apostles expressly teaching in the New Testament that Saturday sabbath is required for salvation which is not found anywhere in the New Covenant.

It can only be found in that fake vision Ellen G White had clueless-doh.gif

Reactions: David in NJ

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16–17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Was contemporary wisdom and teaching. It was not a shadow of things to come when those observances were already in practice by the early Christians who,in large part,were converted Jews.

No,we won't see Christian mes circumcised in church because in America at least,that occurs in the hospital shortly after birth,if the parents ask this.

And with mass produced meats in markets today,the animals we may consume were killed in any number of ways.

Unless we are talking Kosher practices.

There's way too much contempt for Sabbath observance. The Apostles observed the Sabbath.

If any Christian worships on the Roman pagans Sunday while condemning Sabbatarians, I think they've lost credibility in arguing Sabbath is no longer of God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matt 24 shows us Jesus expected His followers to be keeping the Sabbath up through the tribulation to His second coming through the grammar. Which you are choosing to ignore. And now in reference to Hebrews 4 you speak of grammar?

2 rest in Hebrews 4 not one. The rest which is the Gospel and the seventh day Sabbath rest. They are not the same.
How do we know?
The works for the Gospel rest were finished from the foundation of the world. For God had rested from all His works. Which include the rest which is the Gospel according to verse three's usage of the word although. It says that He spake in a certain place. The only time the Seventh day was spoken by God was on Mt Sinai in the giving of the Commandments.
Verse 5 says in this again. In this again what? In this again He speaks of the seventh day if they shall enter into His rest which is the Gospel.
How does He speak?
Verse 9 and 10 tell tells us. It says there remains therefore a Sabbath Keeping to the people of God. For He that has entered in His rest which is the Gospel also in addition to this rest Also ceases from his own work as God did from His.
As God did from His is a direct comparison. Did God enter into the rest of salvation in Christ? No!

Heb 4:3 For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

Heb 4:4 For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.
Heb 4:5 And in this again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Heb 4:9 So there remains a Sabbath-keeping for the people of God. (Footnote: aThe Greek word is sabattismos, which means Sabbath-keeping.)
Heb 4:10 For the one, having entered into His rest, has himself also rested from his works, as God rested from His own.
2 rest in Hebrews 4 not one. The rest which is the Gospel and the seventh day Sabbath rest
You comment right here makes you a transgressor of the Law of Christ.

Anyone who attempts to work on the Finished Work of God in Christ is a transgressor of the Law.

This is what you do not understand and yet God told you in Exodus 31:12-17

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death;
for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people.
Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16–17 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

Was contemporary wisdom and teaching. It was not a shadow of things to come when those observances were already in practice by the early Christians who,in large part,were converted Jews.

No,we won't see Christian mes circumcised in church because in America at least,that occurs in the hospital shortly after birth,if the parents ask this.

And with mass produced meats in markets today,the animals we may consume were killed in any number of ways.

Unless we are talking Kosher practices.

There's way too much contempt for Sabbath observance. The Apostles observed the Sabbath.

If any Christian worships on the Roman pagans Sunday while condemning Sabbatarians, I think they've lost credibility in arguing Sabbath is no longer of God.
i worked today and i will work again tomorrow.

Which one of you Pharisees would like to come stone me....................

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You comment right here makes you a transgressor of the Law of Christ.

Anyone who attempts to work on the Finished Work of God in Christ is a transgressor of the Law.

This is what you do not understand and yet God told you in Exodus 31:12-17

And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifiesExodus 31 NKJV you. You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you.
Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death;
for whoever does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”
Those who in their sin of arrogance,pride and hubris,attempt to abrogate God's gifts are worse than a blasphemer.

And shall answer for every word.

• Sad

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul and Peter met with the Jewish Christians at the first Christian council in Jerusalem for the topic of Gentile Christians observing the Mosaic Law. The ruling was….

Acts 15 28 It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Exactly, so the question now becomes.... WHY do the Saturday peoples believe the Apostle's in the book of Acts were deceived by the devil and if it was actually Jesus' will for gentile believers to observe Saturday sabbath... WHY did He forget to correct them and have Saturday sabbath put in to God's Word as being a requirement?

At worst this is nothing short of casting dispersion's upon the Lord accusing Him of deselection of duty and of being a failure! At best it's accusing the Lord of being forgetful clueless-doh.gif

This is very bad for the Saturday peoples... it really is.
sad4.png

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly, so the question now becomes.... WHY do the Saturday peoples believe the Apostle's in the book of Acts were deceived by the devil and if it was actually Jesus' will for gentile believers to observe Saturday sabbath... WHY did He forget to correct them and have Saturday sabbath put in to God's Word as being a requirement?

At worst this is nothing short of casting dispersion's upon the Lord accusing Him of deselection of duty and of being a failure! At best it's accusing the Lord of being forgetful View attachment 42273

View attachment 42274

They are modern day Pharisees attempting to uphold the law under Moses.

HIM

Apr 18, 2021
Ashland
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what the delusional keep claiming.

So you admit that you believe the Apostles in the Book of Acts (at the Jerusalem Counsel) were being deceived by satan for not putting Saturday sabbath in as being required on Gentile believers along with prohibitions on eating blood, meat containing blood, and meat of animals that were strangled, and on fornication and idolatry

If they were being led by the Holy Spirit of Jesus Christ... and Jesus commands that gentile believers observe Saturday sabbath... and not doing so is sinful behavior.... then Jesus would have had the Holy Ghost put this in the Apostles hearts.

Not only that, but we would see Jesus and His Apostles expressly teaching in the New Testament that Saturday sabbath is required for salvation which is not found anywhere in the New Covenant.

It can only be found in that fake vision Ellen G White had View attachment 42271
That doesn't answer the post and I am not an adventist.We are finished with Hebrews 4 and Matt 24 since you don't actually have a rebuttal to the points. You should take a minute and consider the fact that you don't have rebuttal that answers the points made in the post. ALL OF YOU SHOULD. Take care.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

At worst this is nothing short of casting dispersion's upon the Lord accusing Him of deselection of duty and of being a failure! At best it's accusing the Lord of being forgetful View attachment 42273

View attachment 42274

You sound very confused. If the scriptures are not enough to straiten you out on this matter, I probably am not going to be able to. Whether it be the scriptures or history….Christians are not required to observe the Jewish Saturday Sabbath and all the laws attached to the Sabbath Day.

Beliefs, Truths, Facts. Christians should know the things in the truth column but unfortunately a lot of Christian understanding falls in the belief column. Beliefs can be anything, the sky is the limit. That is why there are so many Protestant denominations. And a good part of the time what they believe is what they want to believe, not really attached to reality.

Christians are in the New Covenant and the New Covenant is not the Old Covenant. But the good news is that if you want to be in the Old Covenant you can contact the Jews and tell them you want to convert to Judaism.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why it's important I believe the Sabbath--because the love of God cost me nothing but cost Him everything in that the Christ according to the Scriptures had to suffer and according to the Scriptures the third day had to rise again.​

What Sabbath?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding old covenant law is you and is your adding old covenant law, Pharisee! YOURS is the path of Pharisees and Sadducees that weighs down in sin and guilt. GOD NEVER HAD AND SCRIPTURE NEVER SPEAKS OF AN 'OLD COVENANT' THAT WAS GOD'S, YOU LYING DEVIL WORSHIPPER.
If there's a New Covenant then there's an Old Covenant. And the OLD was ONLY for Israel. NOBODY else!

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you don't actually have a rebuttal to the points.

Just because you don't adhere to the whole counsel of God and reject anything that doesn't perfectly agree with your viewpoint... doesn't prove gentile Christians are instructed by the Lord to observer Saturday sabbath.

The whole reason you cannot prove this is because the Lord did not put that in his Word. Obviously you found it in the Book of Speculations authored by the devil seeking to get folks to reject the New Covenant. That ends badly for you homie.

If you had verse that specifically say we are required to observe Saturday sabbath you'd post them... but you did not so EPIC FAIL on your whole shuck-jive presentation. crazy.gif

I am not an adventist
laughing2.gif
Comedy hour has begun!

Take care.

Taking care is not scripture either... those that know God's Word are aware of this agree.gif

1 Peter 5:7
Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Philippians 4:6
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

Isaiah 26:3
Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.

Psalms 55:22
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.

Care (found in 2 Corinthians 11:28)
from 3307 (through the idea of distraction); solicitude: KJV -- care.

Careful (found in Philippians 4:6, 1 Peter 5:7)
from 3308; to be anxious about: KJV -- (be, have) care(-ful), take thought.

URwrongAgain

Feb 23, 2024
LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would I not, why should I not, why could I not devote my life to write about the Sabbath of the LORD my GOD and Saviour while He Saved my soul when "Christ, the All in all fulfilling Fullness of God, was given to the Church as Head ... in the mid-afternoon daylight fullness of the Sabbath Day''?
Are you aware that when you commit any sin on the Sabbath, you have defiled that to which God had made Holy.
What do you think God thinks about you when He see's you telling everyone to keep the Sabbath and then you defile it with your sin?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you aware that when you commit any sin on the Sabbath, you have defiled that to which God had made Holy.
What do you think God thinks about you when He see's you telling everyone to keep the Sabbath and then you defile it with your sin?
Which "Sabbath" would that be?