Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty, when the doctor tells you to cut down on meaty fats and foods with too much salts, is it because of his health or yours, to say nothing of alcohol. God is only trying to help us to keep away from what is not as good as the food He intended which He gave at the Garden of Eden. I am sure Adam and Eve were happy and very healthy and glad they didnt have to kill their little friends and eat them, and I think the animals would agree...
You are preaching to the converted when it comes to food choices, my friend....we all know that the diet of western civilisation is the cause of many preventable ailments and even premature death.....and that the health system is a joke because ill health is necessary for their bottom line. They are complicit in causing it so that they can treat it with their drugs, guaranteeing that their bottom line is healthy even if their customers are not.

Now, having said that, it is more common sense to eat healthier than to eat a steady diet of junk food. Those who waddle everywhere with bulging bellies and thighs; who eat too much and drink too much and then wonder why nothing fits them, and why they are sweaty and short of breath, have been taken captive by an industry that is designed to tantalize the tastebuds, but at the same time doing damage to every organ in your body. Isn’t that a test all by itself? People know that all that stuff is bad for them but they have become addicted to it.

Yet, don’t we live in a world where it is getting harder and harder to even grow our own food? The rainwater is polluted, the soil is polluted with pesticides and herbicides and is deficient in all the necessary minerals, so we all should be at least trying to buy food that is as healthy as it can be in a world ruled by God’s adversary. (1 John 5:19)

Adam’s diet changed from fruit, readily available for the picking in the garden of Eden...to eking out an existence on cursed ground to “eat bread”....what a contrast! Yet some of the world’s most powerful animals are vegetarians.

But there must have been a good reason why God gave humans permission to eat the flesh of animals after the flood.....otherwise Noah would never have done it. He had been a vegetarian for over 500 years!

Our eating habits are our choice, just as our other decisions affecting our lives are our choice.....we are constantly showing God who we really are.

Jehovah will bring everything back into perfect balance by means of his kingdom.....that is the “good news” we are to preach. (Matt 24:14)

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world has been damaged by a lot of negativity and pollution. The more we generate hate and abandonment, the more polluted it becomes.
But there is a cure.
I always pray over our food and water and ask God to bless it and make it healthy for us to consume.
And I always say Thankyou.

Does it work?
Words matter.

Hugs

• Love
Reactions: marks

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Show us please the scripture that tells Christians to observe the Sabbath and I will believe you......no suggestions of inference to the likelihood.....just plain English will do.

Irony is those like you insisting on literal law for Christians before they will accept spiritual Divine Law for Christians. It is as good or bad as Adam and Eve blaming God, 'Show us please the scripture (.....just plain English will do - this is English Christian-land, or your posts will be deleted your Majesty) that tells us to not eat of the tree.'!

True believers, however, believe Scripture that tells Christians to observe the Sabbath even though only suggested or inferred or the only likelihood, BECAUSE SIMPLY IT IS JESUS' UNWRITTEN WORD OF LIFE AND EXAMPLE ABOVE ALL BY FULFILMENT OF SCRIPTURE AND SCRIPTURE LAW AND PROPHESY.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe the question should be How rather than If.

Jesus gave us an example, multiple actually HOW he kept the Sabbath and what he did on those days that the Pharisees considered in opposition to Moses' law.
And should those things Jesus did on the Sabbath be only consigned to that particular day?

The Sabbath wasn't given to man for self greedy purposes. It was given so we could serve others and give others rest.
So there are those that require being given respite, and there are those who give respite to others.
And it is always more blessed to give than to recieve.

We have found spiritual rest in Jesus.. Daily, we aught to give others both spiritual and physical rest... Daily.
There are plenty of sick people in this world that could use our help everyday.

Just saying
Hugs

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
When Jesus said....
“The Sabbath came into existence for the sake of man, and not man for the sake of the Sabbath. 28 So the Son of man is Lord even of the Sabbath.”....what was this in reference to?

See, this here is the true thing called twisting - mutilating, Scripture. Shameless. How abhorrent! <
When Jesus said.... The Sabbath came into existence. . . of itself? Blasphemous idea! "The Sabbath WAS MADE..." the inference being GOD "made the Sabbath"! And made "the" Sabbath "for man" the inference being made "the" Sabbath "for man" THE DAY TO WORSHIP GOD ON.

And the inference hereof, by no means incidentally but specifically being, that "the Sabbath was made for man" the DAY of the seven days-week to worship God on - the inference being, the very day after the first six days of creation IN THE BEGINNING.

What hypocrisy then is the ‘argument’ the Sabbath Day was not COMMANDED from the beginning.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
And should those things Jesus did on the Sabbath be only consigned to that particular day?
Rather ask, should the Sabbath only be consigned to that particular thing Jesus did particularly on it? "TODAY IS THIS SCRIPTURE FULFILLED IN YOUR EARS" STARTING HIS EARTHLY MINISTRY; AND, "on the day WHICH IS AFTER the Preparation : THE THIRD DAY HE SAID : I RISE : SABBATH'S-TIME BEING IN FULLNESS OF DAYLIGHT" STARTING HIS HEAVENLY MINISTRY ON EARTH.

Last edited:

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like "it's better to put dirty oil in your engine than none at all".

For instance, a plant-based diet doesn't cause high acid loads or acidosis which kills good gut bacteria.

They claim drinking booze moderately is good for circulation...but animal protein consumption results in the destruction of nitric oxide emitting cells which are like "teflon" for the walls of our blood vessels, one of the benefits of a plant based diet.
We see many people needing to stay away from gluten, but my recipe for making choplets or scallops is adding additional gluten to the whole wheat flour. Gluten has never hurt me. The only thing I'm allergic to is Brazil Nuts, and that is just a mild sore throat. I had a doctor test me for about 20 different things and I tested allergic to just about everything except cats, cabbage and corn. But in real life, none of those things I'm suppose to be allergic to affects me.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Apparently the original Passover meal described by Moses did not mention wine at all. Scholars believe that the wine was added later,
Surely the original Passover meal described by Moses does not mention wine at all. In fact in That Night of the original Passover meal described by Moses the Israelites had to "REMOVE ALL LEAVEN (as well as all things leavened) from your houses ... from the land".
And that exactly is what the Gospels say: "On the first day (of the passover) WITHOUT-LEAVEN 'A-DZUMOS' when they always had to KILL the passover (lamb)." Mark 14:17 Matthew 26:12 Luke 22:7.

Scholars believe what they know nothing about but love totally to impress with. The wine at the Lord's 'Last Supper' so called (it was His first and only Supper "in the night He was betrayed"), was the wine of the Lord Jesus' Institution of "The Lordly Supper" the prospective as well as retrospective reminiscence of His TRIUMPHAL SUFFERING, DEATH AND RESURRECTION - wine of a new, of the New Testament Law of 'Holy Communion Celebration' of the Church.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men should avoid shellfish and organ meats like liver, kidneys, because men are more prone to gout than women.
My dad loves fried clams but because of the purine? it causes in the kidneys which leads to gout he is unable to eat them anymore.
He already had one toe amputed because of gout and the cuticles around the nails are always red and sore.
You may not see it until your in your late 60's or 70's. It builds up over time.

I believe there is a reason why God told Israel concerning clean and unclean foods. And a lot of them are for health reasons.
They didn't have the same refrigeration and storage we do today and pork if not fully cooked can cause food poisoning.
It's not that the food is unclean in and of itself, it's that if not prepared properly it can lead to sickness and possibly even death.

God would much rather have us healthy than sickly.

Just rambling
Hugs

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The search for reasons not to stop drinking (and eating shellfish and pork etc) and continue to be slaves to appetite is almost as determined and resolute as the search for reasons not to observe the Sabbath. All of course from Christians who profess to love God with all their bodies, hearts, soul, and mind, and claiming no need for the law which tells them how.
Question friend, How do you keep the Spirit of the Sabbath without keeping the letter of the law that kills?

2 Corinthians 3:6
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Romans 7:6

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

And it is not the ceremonial laws Paul was speaking of but was the Ten Commandments referencing the 10th commandment as an example. "7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” "

As far as you keeping the Sabbath on Saturday, and the uninformed keeping the Sabbath on Sunday, I don't think God minds at all because we do so to honor God according to our conscience. But the important thing is to ALSO bring the Sabbath into the New Covenant - keep the Spirit of the Sabbath. How?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Men should avoid shellfish and organ meats like liver, kidneys, because men are more prone to gout than women.
My dad loves fried clams but because of the purine? it causes in the kidneys which leads to gout he is unable to eat them anymore.
He already had one toe amputed because of gout and the cuticles around the nails are always red and sore.
You may not see it until your in your late 60's or 70's. It builds up over time.

I believe there is a reason why God told Israel concerning clean and unclean foods. And a lot of them are for health reasons.
They didn't have the same refrigeration and storage we do today and pork if not fully cooked can cause food poisoning.
It's not that the food is unclean in and of itself, it's that if not prepared properly it can lead to sickness and possibly even death.

God would much rather have us healthy than sickly.

Just rambling
Hugs
Wow, I'm sorry for your dad. Does he also have diabetes?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Question friend, How do you keep the Spirit of the Sabbath without keeping the letter of the law that kills?

2 Corinthians 3:6
who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Romans 7:6

But now we have been delivered from the law, having died to what we were held by, so that we should serve in the newness of the Spirit and not in the oldness of the letter.

And it is not the ceremonial laws Paul was speaking of but was the Ten Commandments referencing the 10th commandment as an example. "7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary, I would not have known sin except through the law. For I would not have known covetousness unless the law had said, “You shall not covet.” "

As far as you keeping the Sabbath on Saturday, and the uninformed keeping the Sabbath on Sunday, I don't think God minds at all because we do so to honor God according to our conscience. But the important thing is to ALSO bring the Sabbath into the New Covenant - keep the Spirit of the Sabbath. How?
I obviously told halve a truth. Scholars AND PHILOSOPHERS believe what they know nothing about but love totally to impress with.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Surely the original Passover meal described by Moses does not mention wine at all.

You are right, nothing to drink....no water or milk....nothing.

Exodus 12:1-20
The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover. “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

“This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord—a lasting ordinance. For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel. On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

“Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread, because it was on this very day that I brought your divisions out of Egypt. Celebrate this day as a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day. For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. And anyone, whether foreigner or native-born, who eats anything with yeast in it must be cut off from the community of Israel. Eat nothing made with yeast. Wherever you live, you must eat unleavened bread.”

No wine included, in fact nothing to drink. Was this a dry meal?

But as time went on wine developed strong religious symbololgies.
What is the timeline for this? I am not sure.

As it is…
Wine is an integral part of the Passover holiday. "It has come to be a symbol of joy and celebration," notes Rabbi David Segal. "Traditionally, the Passover Seder includes four cups of wine, perhaps a sign of Passover's paramount importance as a celebration of freedom.

The Four Cups represent the four expressions of deliverance promised by God Exodus 6:6–7: "I will bring out," "I will deliver," "I will redeem," and "I will take." The Vilna Gaon relates the Four Cups to four worlds: this world, the Messianic age, the world at the revival of the dead, and the world to come.

Kosher wine (Hebrew: יין כשר, yáyin kashér) is wine that is produced in accordance with halakha, and more specifically kashrut, such that Jews will be permitted to pronounce blessings over and drink it. This is an important issue, since wine is used in several Jewish ceremonies, especially those of Kiddush. Kosher wine.

So it looks like Yeshua did not invent having wine at the Passover meal. For Christianity wine symbolizes the blood of Christ’s sacrifice. For those that wonder about watering down the wine at the Last Supper? Yeshua was a Jew and understood the religious significant of wine and He knew that no scripture ever told of a Jew watering down wine. So no, real wine was served at the Last Supper. And He made the best wine at the Marriage at Cana.

As far as watering down wine for a religious ritual.....it would symbolize watering down the importance of the religious event. Watering down the significance of Christ’s sacrifice. A watered down Salvation and heavenly reward….The concept could go on, we could water down our obedience to Christ …..Lukewarm Christians could be the symbology of the water down wine at the Last Supper. Stupid is as stupid thinks.

Christ had used wine and vineyards to illustrate His parables and Christianity saw the grape vines as a symbol for the death and resurrection of Christ. The first large Christian church buildings had vineyards close by and clergy trained in viticulture.

Why do a lot of Protestants think drinking is a sin? It did not start with Martin Luther…..the following splinter groups had something to prove. They wanted to prove they were holier than thou or holier than the Catholic Church or other Protestant groups so the man-made sins began to multiply….and the road to the do-nothing religions was paved….holier because they did not drink, smoke, dance, gamble, play board, card, or dice games etc. Rightness with God defined by what you did not do rather than what you did.

Last edited:
Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
You are right, nothing to drink....no water or milk....nothing.

Exodus 12:1-20
The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover. “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt.

“This is a day you are to commemorate; for the generations to come you shall celebrate it as a festival to the Lord—a lasting ordinance. For seven days you are to eat bread made without yeast. On the first day remove the yeast from your houses, for whoever eats anything with yeast in it from the first day through the seventh must be cut off from Israel. On the first day hold a sacred assembly, and another one on the seventh day. Do no work at all on these days, except to prepare food for everyone to eat; that is all you may do.

“Celebrate the Festival of Unleavened Bread, because it was on this very day that I brought your divisions out of Egypt. Celebrate this day as a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day. For seven days no yeast is to be found in your houses. And anyone, whether foreigner or native-born, who eats anything with yeast in it must be cut off from the community of Israel. Eat nothing made with yeast. Wherever you live, you must eat unleavened bread.”

No wine included, in fact nothing to drink. Was this a dry meal?

But as time went on wine developed strong religious symbololgies.
What is the timeline for this? I am not sure.

As it is…
Wine is an integral part of the Passover holiday. "It has come to be a symbol of joy and celebration," notes Rabbi David Segal. "Traditionally, the Passover Seder includes four cups of wine, perhaps a sign of Passover's paramount importance as a celebration of freedom.

The Four Cups represent the four expressions of deliverance promised by God Exodus 6:6–7: "I will bring out," "I will deliver," "I will redeem," and "I will take." The Vilna Gaon relates the Four Cups to four worlds: this world, the Messianic age, the world at the revival of the dead, and the world to come.

Kosher wine (Hebrew: יין כשר, yáyin kashér) is wine that is produced in accordance with halakha, and more specifically kashrut, such that Jews will be permitted to pronounce blessings over and drink it. This is an important issue, since wine is used in several Jewish ceremonies, especially those of Kiddush. Kosher wine.

So it looks like Yeshua did not invent having wine at the Passover meal. For Christianity wine symbolizes the blood of Christ’s sacrifice. For those that wonder about watering down the wine at the Last Supper? Yeshua was Jew and understood the religious significant of wine and He knew that no scripture ever told of a Jew watering down wine. So no, real wine was served at the Last Supper. And He made the best wine at the Marriage at Cana.

As far as watering down wine for a religious ritual.....it would symbolize watering down the importance of the religious event. Watering down the significance of Christ’s sacrifice. A watered down Salvation and heavenly reward….The concept could go on, we could water down our obedience to Christ …..Lukewarm Christians could be the symbology of the water down wine at the Last Supper. Stupid is as stupid thinks.

Christ had used wine and vineyards to illustrate His parables and Christianity saw the grape vines as a symbol for the death and resurrection of Christ. The first large Christian church buildings had vineyards close by and clergy trained in viticulture.

Why do a lot of Protestants think drinking is a sin? It did not start with Martin Luther…..the following splinter groups had something to prove. They wanted to prove they were holier than thou or holier than the Catholic Church or other Protestant groups so the man-made sins began to multiply….and the road to the do-nothing religions was paved….holier because they did not drink, smoke, dance, gamble, play board, card, or dice games etc. Rightness with God defined by what you did not do rather than what you did.

Much we seem to agree about this time. But for Jewish rabbi's and tradition ---strictly forbidden for use for enlightenment in Scripture knowledge or understanding! Scripture is God's Word, no one and nothing else.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Much we seem to agree about this time. But for Jewish rabbi's and tradition ---strictly forbidden for use for enlightenment in Scripture knowledge or understanding! Scripture is God's Word, no one and nothing else.

Correct
But the teaching of Jewish leaders affect the beliefs of the Jews.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FWIW…..Exodus 20 is Moses being given the 10 Commandments to give to Israel….not to anyone else.
Pretty sure it was God Who spoke the Ten Commandments - not Moses - to Israel and to the entire world for all ages there at Mount Sinai...and the Sabbath is still the seventh day:

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips". - Psalms 89:34 KJV

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True believers, however, believe Scripture that tells Christians to observe the Sabbath even though only suggested or inferred or the only likelihood, BECAUSE SIMPLY IT IS JESUS' UNWRITTEN WORD OF LIFE AND EXAMPLE ABOVE ALL BY FULFILMENT OF SCRIPTURE AND SCRIPTURE LAW AND PROPHESY.
Christ fulfilled the law and it was taken away, because it was a “curse” to God’s people.
No one could keep it.
Gal 3:13 NASB.….”Christ redeemed us from the curse of the Law, having become a curse for us—for it is written, “CURSED IS EVERYONE WHO HANGS ON A TREE”. (Deut 21:23)
When Jesus said.... The Sabbath came into existence. . . of itself? Blasphemous idea! "The Sabbath WAS MADE..." the inference being GOD "made the Sabbath"! And made "the" Sabbath "for man" the inference being made "the" Sabbath "for man" THE DAY TO WORSHIP GOD ON.
O good grief…..can you not read…..?
You quibble about words but miss the meaning…..God “made” the Sabbath?….yes he did, and if you have ever done original language word studies, you would know that “ginomai” (translated “made”) means to…
  1. “to come into existence, begin to be, receive being
  2. to become, i.e. to come to pass, happen” (Strongs)
Try doing some homework….. :no reply:

Under what circumstance did Jesus make that statement as a Jew under law? He and his apostles were being accused of breaking the sabbath because they ”harvested grain” by picking a few grains of wheat whilst passing through a wheat field. He impressed upon his accusers that what they did was NOT breaking the sabbath, but simply satisfying their hunger in away that God did not punish when previous servants of God seemingly broke the sabbath. You write with no comprehension of the scriptures that you allude to.
And the inference hereof, by no means incidentally but specifically being, that "the Sabbath was made for man" the DAY of the seven days-week to worship God on - the inference being, the very day after the first six days of creation IN THE BEGINNING.
The original Sabbath referred to by God in Genesis is the Sabbath rest of God…the 7th creative day that was set aside so that God’s original purpose for mankind on this earth would come to a perfect completion.
God will indeed bless this day when all that we have been through in contending for the faith under the devil’s relentless assault, will be a triumphant success. All of God’s servants who pass the final test will be blessed with everlasting life in paradise on earth, as they were meant to enjoy from the beginning. (Isa 55:11)
What hypocrisy then is the ‘argument’ the Sabbath Day was not COMMANDED from the beginning.
There was no command to observe it because it would have been practiced by all of God’s early servants…..the Patriarchs made no mention of it.…not a whisper. If the Bible is silent on such an important observance among his people, then we can rightly assume that it was never commanded until Moses was told about it after Israel’s release from Egypt. Who wrote Genesis and Exodus? God spoke to Moses directly.
He got all his information “from the horse’s mouth”….
Surely the original Passover meal described by Moses does not mention wine at all. In fact in That Night of the original Passover meal described by Moses the Israelites had to "REMOVE ALL LEAVEN (as well as all things leavened) from your houses ... from the land".
And that exactly is what the Gospels say: "On the first day (of the passover) WITHOUT-LEAVEN 'A-DZUMOS' when they always had to KILL the passover (lamb)." Mark 14:17 Matthew 26:12 Luke 22:7.
Since the leaven was only about the bread, no wine was mentioned. There are no additives in wine to corrupt it…..grape juice naturally ferments into alcohol….”to make the hearts of man rejoice” (Psalm 104:14-15) It was a given that wine was served at mealtimes and actually aids digestion.
Have you even looked up the scriptures you cited? What do they prove? Absolutely nothing.
You provided Scripture? You must be jolling.
Read back over my posts GE….you can’t miss the scriptures….they are in RED….

I believe you are the one who must be joking…..your argument are all bluster and lack any substance or understanding as to context…..as if you have never actually read or studied the scriptures you rely on for your beliefs. That’s a shame.

We all need to be Beroeans.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Pretty sure it was God Who spoke the Ten Commandments - not Moses - to Israel and to the entire world for all ages there at Mount Sinai...and the Sabbath is still the seventh day:

"My covenant will I not break, nor alter the thing that is gone out of My lips". - Psalms 89:34 KJV
Give it up mate….you have no scriptural support for your “Christian” Sabbath observance. It is a personal choice that you have, to hold such as there is no command against it, but to teach it as an obligation…that has no biblical support at all. We can worship God any day of the week and we should.

God actually inscribed the Ten Commandments on stone tablets with his own “finger”, (Ex 31:18; Deut 9:10) and Moses threw them down in a rage against his people who were already setting themselves on a wayward course In worshipping a golden calf.

The Bible clearly states that the Law to Israel was exclusive to them…..when gentiles wanted to worship the God of the Jews, they had to become Jewish Proselytes and adopt Jewish worship, law and practice, though they were never considered to be “sons of Abraham”...as that was only by birth….something the Jews took great pride in, but failed to understand that they had to live up to Abraham’s example. (Which they never did.)

When gentiles wanted to become Christians, they did not need to convert to Judaism first…..so the law was not binding on them. It’s all there in the Bible but your indoctrination will not allow you to see what is clearly written.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see many people needing to stay away from gluten, but my recipe for making choplets or scallops is adding additional gluten to the whole wheat flour. Gluten has never hurt me. The only thing I'm allergic to is Brazil Nuts, and that is just a mild sore throat. I had a doctor test me for about 20 different things and I tested allergic to just about everything except cats, cabbage and corn. But in real life, none of those things I'm suppose to be allergic to affects me.
I've heard it ain't the gluten but the glyphosate and like products they're spraying all over the crops, and I'm inclined to believe it.

I refuse to believe a dietary staple God provided to us is harmful, despite "findings" of "evidence" of celiac disease in ancient corpses, which findings no doubt were bankrolled by Monsanto to direct attention away from their poisonous practices.