Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
The first Christian council in Jerusalem occurred around 49 AD.
The reason: Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry to the Gentiles saying that they must be circumcised and required to keep the Laws of Moses. So the Gentile-Christians meet with the leaders of the Jewish-Christians to settle this matter.
Grailhunter's LIE no. 1. Grailhunter claims: <The first Christian council in Jerusalem occurred... The reason: ... Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry to the Gentiles saying that they must be circumcised and required to keep the Laws of Moses.> Note that <Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry>, that <Judaizers were saying that the Gentiles were required to keep the Laws of Moses.> The Council did not do these things and neither did Paul, and neither did the Gentiles; but specifically the saying, <the Laws of Moses>, was the saying of the Judaizers and of them only. Therefore Grailhunter so adamantly insisting the council convened for the reason of <the Laws of Moses> resembles the language and lying of but only the Judaizers.

Grailhunter's LIE no. 2. Grailhunter claims: <So the Gentile-Christians meet with the leaders of the Jewish-Christians to settle this matter.> Luke however, unmistakable, wrote: "1And certain men which came down from Judaea ... 2When therefore ... Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them (the brethren), should go up to Jerusalem ... 4And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and the apostles and elders ... 5But there [in Jerusalem] rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them (the Church brethren) to keep the law of Moses."
This same Paul who led this delegation was the Paul who wrote to, and for, all the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ: "There is therefore no more Jew, or, Gentile." Christians met with Christians and Grailhunter is nothing but a Luke 16:16 WITH BRUTE FORCE DIVIDING INTRUDER AND ABUSER of the Kingdom of God who to this day will not stop to rebuild the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile which God through Jesus Christ had broken down and destroyed, as were Christ an unfaithful husband to an unfaithful bride.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
In the end this meeting defined the two groups the Jewish-Christians and the Gentile Christians. Which meant that the Gentile-Christians would not observe the Laws and customs of the Old Covenant---The Old Testament. Which also included not observing the Laws pertaining to selling their daughters into sexual slavery---concubinage. Nor observing the Laws pertaining to polygamy. The Old Testament Laws and customs pertained to the Jews and the Jewish-Christians observed some of the Laws and customs of the Old Covenant---Old Testament. None of which pertain to Gentile-Christians.

Grailhunter's LIE no. 3. Grailhunter claims: <In the end this meeting defined the two groups the Jewish-Christians and the Gentile Christians>- DIRECTLY CONTRADICTING everything this same man Grailhunter himself quotes from the SCRIPTURE-RECORD of the council. SCANDALOUS!

Grailhunter's LIE no. 4. Grailhunter claims: <In the end this meeting meant that the Gentile-Christians would not observe the Laws and customs of the Old Covenant---The Old Testament.>
In the first place, Grailhunter gives - because he has - no Scripture! Then, instead, he adds, <observe the Laws and customs of the Old Covenant---The Old Testament.> Grailhunter adds - inserts, forcefully impregnates the Text with every of his abominable words, <observe>, <the Laws>, <and customs>, <of the Old Covenant>, <---The Old Testament> no words nor concepts exist in the entire chapter of Acts 15.

Grailhunter's LIE no. 5. Grailhunter GOES ON: <Which also included not observing the Laws pertaining to selling their daughters into sexual slavery---concubinage. Nor observing the Laws pertaining to polygamy. The Old Testament Laws and customs pertained to the Jews and the Jewish-Christians observed some of the Laws and customs of the Old Covenant---Old Testament. None of which pertain to Gentile-Christians.> Grailhunter GOES ON WITH HIS PERSONAL, RELIGIOUS SPIRITUAL WHOREMONGERING - nothing else, nothing less, nothing that could be more gross and blasphemous.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grailhunter's LIE no. 1. Grailhunter claims: <The first Christian council in Jerusalem occurred... The reason: ... Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry to the Gentiles saying that they must be circumcised and required to keep the Laws of Moses.> Note that <Judaizers were harassing Paul’s ministry>, that <Judaizers were saying that the Gentiles were required to keep the Laws of Moses.> The Council did not do these things and neither did Paul, and neither did the Gentiles; but specifically the saying, <the Laws of Moses>, was the saying of the Judaizers and of them only. Therefore Grailhunter so adamantly insisting the council convened for the reason of <the Laws of Moses> resembles the language and lying of but only the Judaizers.

Grailhunter's LIE no. 2. Grailhunter claims: <So the Gentile-Christians meet with the leaders of the Jewish-Christians to settle this matter.> Luke however, unmistakable, wrote: "1And certain men which came down from Judaea ... 2When therefore ... Paul and Barnabas, and certain others of them (the brethren), should go up to Jerusalem ... 4And when they were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and the apostles and elders ... 5But there [in Jerusalem] rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them (the Church brethren) to keep the law of Moses."
This same Paul who led this delegation was the Paul who wrote to, and for, all the Church of the Lord Jesus Christ: "There is therefore no more Jew, or, Gentile." Christians met with Christians and Grailhunter is nothing but a Luke 16:16 WITH BRUTE FORCE DIVIDING INTRUDER AND ABUSER of the Kingdom of God who to this day will not stop to rebuild the dividing wall between Jew and Gentile which God through Jesus Christ had broken down and destroyed, as were Christ an unfaithful husband to an unfaithful bride.

You should not lie against the Word of God….Shame on you!

Those reading this can check it out in the Bible the whole issue with the Judaizers is told in the storyline of acts….Starting with the Jews martyring Stephen Acts 7 and goes on to the Judaizers harassing Paul. And the reason for the first council in Jerusalem is plainly stated in Act 15….so for those that would read this do not let the evildoers deceive you. Read it for yourself....Be true to Christ.
Acts 4-15

1 You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. 2 I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? 3 Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? 4 Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? 5 So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? Galatians 3

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.

Also true.

However, because a spirit is teaching you something that the scriptures don't speak of (we notice you cannot trust the spirit to teach us, so you have to elaborate on the last quote) then whatever spirit is teaching you isn't holy.
Hebrews is STRAIGHT to the Truth

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His Rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that Rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My Rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

What you NEED to Know is that God will not share His Glory with another = CHRIST is our REST
This is why there are no New Covenant commandments to obey saturday sabbath.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I follow your sinning then? As you and that one who hunts the Magdalene by another tradition judge the Sabbath is only for Jews?

You repeat the same errors. You cannot see no matter how many of us speak of this fact in God's teachings.

The Sabbath pre-existed Jews/Hebrews,Gentiles, and the Mitzvah. And the 10 Commands of Moshe, Moses.

And as such you and those in accord with your mindset, set the living example of 1 Corinthians 2:14.

You have as such been , and shall remain, a great teaching tool for those in Christ. Amen, Lord. And thank you.
:pray:
BTW still waiting for you to list which of the 613 Mosaic Laws you abrogate to hold fast to your traditions.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BTW still waiting for you to list which of the 613 Mosaic Laws you abrogate to hold fast to your traditions.
Ah,you did not read and understand my prior post.

Let's try one last time.

The

Sabbath

Predates

Mitzvah.

While

Included in

God's

Law,

It

Predates

God's

Law.

Because

It is not

A

Law.

It

Is

A

Gift. That was made for us.
Unlike laws for which we were made to obey.

That is why in the 10 commandments the 4th states, Remember, the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

Fyi 1 Corinthians 2:14 is not an ad hominem. Therefore,you belittle yourself in being the one that levied personal attacks.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah,you did not read and understand my prior post.

Let's try one last time.

The

Sabbath

Predates

Mitzvah.

While

Included in

God's

Law,

It

Predates

God's

Law.

Because

It is not

A

Law.

It

Is

A

Gift. That was made for us.
Unlike laws for which we were made to obey.

That is why in the 10 commandments the 4th states, Remember, the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
And I simply asked you to show the Scripture that supports this claim of yours. Post the Scripture where God commanded mankind to observe Saturday Sabbath and you win. Repeating the claim over and over wiothout the SCriptures doesn't make it any truer.

Reactions: David in NJ

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hebrews is STRAIGHT to the Truth

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His Rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them,
not being mixed with faith in those who heard it.
For we who have believed do enter that Rest, as He has said:
“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My Rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way:
“And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;

What you NEED to Know is that God will not share His Glory with another = CHRIST is our REST
This is why there are no New Covenant commandments to obey saturday sabbath.
Nothing in there that dissuades me from not only entering His rest, but also honouring His day.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing in there that dissuades me from not only entering His rest, but also honouring His day.
His Day is "TODAY"

"Today, if you hear His Voice harden not your heart"

If there were a New Covenant sabbath day of the week, it would be the Day of His Resurrection = "first day of the week'

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I simply asked you to show the Scripture that supports this claim of yours. Post the Scripture where God commanded mankind to observe Saturday Sabbath and you win. Repeating the claim over and over wiothout the SCriptures doesn't make it any truer.
You and Dave choosing to ignore scripture does not nullify God's words. When you call those false,no Christian should waste their time trying to get through to you both that which you deny repeatedly.

It is your loss,as God wills.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
man o man
Maybe God one day may reveal Himself inseparable from his Law. "You search the Scriptures as though you find life in them BUT THEY WITNESS OF ME" SAID JESUS CHRIST.

Post script hint. Try write one post without using the words I or we or my or our for once. DOES NOT SCRIPTURE SAY IT IS "the Sabbath Day OF THE LORD---your / my---GOD". Let Christ Jesus declare: "the third day I, RISE !"... not i, me, you, they. Let the "LORD OF THE SABBATH" be LORD of the Sabbath Day; let us, be still, and HIM, BE TRIUMPHATOR. Then let us raise the SONG OF MOSES AND OF THE LAMB, Exodus 15, "Then (on the third day when the LORD GOD had brought his People up out of the Red Sea and grave of sin and death) sang Moses and the children of Israel this song unto the LORD, and spake, saying, I will sing unto the LORD, for he hath triumphed gloriously: the horse and his rider hath he thrown into the sea. The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God, and I will prepare him an habitation; my father's God, and I will exalt him. The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name."
You misunderstand. I was talking about those who state God's laws no longer apply

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You and Dave choosing to ignore scripture does not nullify God's words. When you call those false,no Christian should waste their time trying to get through to you both that which you deny repeatedly.

It is your loss,as God wills.
i NEVER ignore scripture = not even a coma

Why are you arguing against the Finished Work of God, wherein HE RESTED???

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”; and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:16
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

Amen Jesus! I won't.
Merely a suggestion,according to some. ;)

Scary isn't it? All those who insist morality is no longer part of our faith?
Then,I read their hateful screeds against Christians here and understand why they believe that.

Reactions: BarneyFife

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Merely a suggestion,according to some. ;)

Scary isn't it? All those who insist morality is no longer part of our faith?
Then,I read their hateful screeds against Christians here and understand why they believe that.
You are bearing false witness against the Redeemed of the Lord who are in the 7th Day REST of God.

i did not not see one post of what you are suggesting.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,

CLEARLY saying there are ZERO Sabbath commands for Christians.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
His Day is "TODAY"

"Today, if you hear His Voice harden not your heart"

If there were a New Covenant sabbath day of the week, it would be the Day of His Resurrection = "first day of the week'
If there was a change in which day is "My holy day", God would have clearly said.
KJV Amos 3:7
7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CLEARLY no Sabbath commands in the New Covenant: