Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; ....
Good thing no one here has actually done that.
The Sabbath pre-existed the laws. That's why the 4th command says to remember the Sabbath,rather than the Sabbath being established by the 4th Commandment.

Jesus didn't break the Sabbath,as the Sanhedrin accused. Rather,he broke with their traditions. Makor difference.

And since Jesus nowhere in the NT abolished or rescinded his Sabbath that he made for us, it still stands.

Which is why he reiterated the 9 commandments to his Disciples and then told them,if they love him they will keep his commandments. Which they did.
Even after he ascended and they remembered the Sabbath he made for them.

And judging those who keep a pagan sun God day is not sin.

It is sin however to think to change God's Sabbath day to any day of the week.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CLEARLY no Sabbath commands in the New Covenant:

Colossians 2:16
16 So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths,
Yes,none at all.

Many Christians worship on the day of the Sun. The idea being that's the day Jesus resurrected. And this they think replaced Sabbath. It doesn't.

Nor did Jesus resurrect on Sunday.

Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
What you NEED to Know is that God will not share His Glory with another = CHRIST is our REST
This is why there are no New Covenant commandments to obey saturday sabbath.
LIAR! <i NEVER ignore scripture = not even a coma> THOUGH THERE NOT EVEN A COMA IS FOUND in any New Covenant commandment concerning <to obey saturday sabbath>. How foolish liar can you get!

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
God's blessing his holy Sabbath Day the Seventh of the weekly days through God His Son Jesus Christ HAS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ISRAEL OF TODAY.

God save us from sedition and deception through the old snake yet again
KEEP MY HAND, O LORD FROM REACHING OUT TOWARDS THE LUST OF MY EYES AND TURN MY THOUGHTS ON YOUR WORDS, REMINDING ME, REPREMINDING ME, SAVING ME, FROM DOING EVIL

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I keep Sabbath? Will God love me more than someone else if I keep it and they do not?

Isn’t keeping the sabbath, the same as drinking the blood and eating the flesh of Christ, by building up the mind of Christ that starts to form within us?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How can I keep Sabbath? Will God love me more than someone else if I keep it and they do not?

Isn’t keeping the sabbath, the same as drinking the blood and eating the flesh of Christ, by building up the mind of Christ that starts to form within us?
Colossians 2:12-19 has your answer.
Allow me therefore to present to you WHAT Paul actually WROTE in Colossians 2---

Sure <there is no command to keep a sabbath> in Colossians 2, because it is better than ‘commanded’ in there, the Sabbath AND its keeping being the a priori presupposed within the chapter for what _IS_ in fact ‘commanded’ “ABOUT” or “CONCERNING” the Christians’ “feasting” of their Lord’s “Sabbaths”— namely, that

“… NO ONE should judge or condemn you …

“… with regard to (your) eating and drinking …

— of Christ-the-Substance —

“… or judge or condemn you …

“… (with regard to your eating and drinking) of Feast …

“… whether of month’s, or of Sabbaths’ …

“… Christ being the substance …

“… these things are …

“… but a FORETASTE and SHADOW …

“… of what is soon to come about for you …

“… you not letting anyone beguile you of your reward …

“… with enticing deceitful arguments …

“… Christ being the Substance …

“… THE BODY OF CHRIST’S OWN (the Church) …

“… HOLDING FAST TO THE HEAD …

“… nourishment being ministered …

“… GROWING with the GROWTH of God!”

THAT, was what waited, upon the Church “Sabbaths’-feasting … eating-and-drinking OF CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE AND NOURISHMENT BEING MINISTERED, growing with the GROWTH OF GOD”, and 'this is what this means', to me BY THE GRACE OF THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT LIKE HIS SABBATH DAY TO HIS BODY THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
KJV Revelation 14:12
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Dear Brakelite, your brakelight on the right isn't functioning you should apply when indispensable required, the Text of this same Truth as in Acts 17, where Paul is accused of "talking trash talking of the Resurrection".

How many times now I have drawn SDAs' attention to this historic critical incidence of the practical and direct application and interaction between the Commandment implied and Jesus' Resurrection implied, I cannot remember except that EACH TIME YOU SDAS SWEPT IT OFF THE TABLE FOR THE hateful BIRDS BELOW

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 2:12-19 has your answer.
Allow me therefore to present to you WHAT Paul actually WROTE in Colossians 2---

Sure <there is no command to keep a sabbath> in Colossians 2, because it is better than ‘commanded’ in there, the Sabbath AND its keeping being the a priori presupposed within the chapter for what _IS_ in fact ‘commanded’ “ABOUT” or “CONCERNING” the Christians’ “feasting” of their Lord’s “Sabbaths”— namely, that

“… NO ONE should judge or condemn you …

“… with regard to (your) eating and drinking …

— of Christ-the-Substance —

“… or judge or condemn you …

“… (with regard to your eating and drinking) of Feast …

“… whether of month’s, or of Sabbaths’ …

“… Christ being the substance …

“… these things are …

“… but a FORETASTE and SHADOW …

“… of what is soon to come about for you …

“… you not letting anyone beguile you of your reward …

“… with enticing deceitful arguments …

“… Christ being the Substance …

“… THE BODY OF CHRIST’S OWN (the Church) …

“… HOLDING FAST TO THE HEAD …

“… nourishment being ministered …

“… GROWING with the GROWTH of God!”

THAT, was what waited, upon the Church “Sabbaths’-feasting … eating-and-drinking OF CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE AND NOURISHMENT BEING MINISTERED, growing with the GROWTH OF GOD”, and 'this is what this means', to me BY THE GRACE OF THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT LIKE HIS SABBATH DAY TO HIS BODY THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST.
Hey thank you

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.
Here are the Commandments of God for us = the GOSPEL of Righteousness that SAVES us

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth.
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
Not a single commandment to keep saturday as sabbath rest from the LORD or the Apostles.

Here is the Sabbath COMMANDMENT from GOD = Hebrews chapter 4

Therefore, since a promise remains of entering His rest, let us fear lest any of you seem to have come short of it.
For indeed the Gospel was preached to us as well as to them; but the word which they heard did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it. For we who have believed do enter that Rest, as He has said:

“So I swore in My wrath,
‘They shall not enter My rest,’ ”
although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.
For He has spoken in a certain place of the seventh day in this way: “And God rested on the seventh day from all His works”;
and again in this place: “They shall not enter My rest.”

O brother, if only your eyes may open to the truth in these words of David in NJ said:
<His Day is "TODAY" "Today, if you hear His Voice harden not your heart" If there were a New Covenant sabbath day of the week, it would be the Day of His Resurrection = "first day of the week'>, except for these words the words David in NJ said: OF HIS OWN: <"first day of the week'>, words the liar adder added to, thinking to change the Law and Times of GOD'S WORD!
FOR WHICH UTTER SIN MAY GOD ADD TO HIM AND HIS ILK EVERY PLAGUE OF HIS PROMISES
"Thou shall not bear FALSE witness"

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are ADDING to God's words in deliberate SIN

In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 12buried with Him in baptism, in which you also were raised with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead. 13And you, being dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He has made alive together with Him, having forgiven you all trespasses, 14having wiped out the handwriting of requirements that was against us, which was contrary to us. And He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. 15Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

16So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, 17which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ. 18Let no one cheat you of your reward, taking delight in false humility and worship of angels, intruding into those things which he has not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19and not holding fast to the Head, from whom all the body, nourished and knit together by joints and ligaments, grows with the increase that is from God.

20Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations— 21“Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,” 22which all concern things which perish with the using—according to the commandments and doctrines of men? 23These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You forgot to include where in the New Testament the Lord tells Christians they
are required to observe Saturday sabbath and they'll burn in hell if they don't.

Where's the beef clueless.gif