Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep repeating yourself.
The basic morals are taught in the New Covenant. If someone breaks those they are between them and Christ. Nothing to do with the Old Covenant.
You keep dodging the question.

Christ spoke the Ten Commandments at Sinai and wrote them with His own finger in stone because Jesus is the God of the OT and I can prove this any number of ways. Therefore, the Ten Commandments are Christ's commandments.

So, if the followers of Christ - the God of the OT Who spoke and wrote the Ten Commandments and also said that those who love Him will keep His Ten Commandments - aren't obligated to keep the 6th commandment, are they at liberty to commit murder?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a seer. So I do enjoy going to different churches to test the spirits when the pastor preaches his sermon. The little country church has the Holy Spirit shinning out of that pastor. Pure bright white.

But I like Calvary Chapels because they all teach the Bible verse by verse. Unfortunately, those on the radio make a lot of mistakes in interpretation. That is because they let in a little Calvanism when they first started. (The letter "T" from T.U.L.I.P.)

Ya know I have had Devine visitations and there is a certain kind of light in that. In Holy Ghost churches I have felt the movement of the Holy Ghost and that is exciting particularly when other people feel it and look around to see that others are feeling it to.

But as far as light coming from a person….I have not seen that yet, but seers have said they see a light coming from me. I had a preacher stop his sermon to describe the light coming from me. The circumstances around that event were amazing because later on in the same service I was knocked off my feet by the Holy Spirit. That is a unique feeling because you come out of it totally blessed.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
P777, you've added to the Scripture.
OK, let's see if that's true by considering Hebrews 4:9-10 Lamsa's Peshitta:
[9] It is therefore the duty of the people of God (Christians) to keep the Sabbath.​
[10] For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works as God did from His.​

Hmm...seems what Paul is saying here is that it's our duty to rest every seventh day of the week...and the only reason we can conjecture for why it's our "duty" is to demonstrate by outward expression our inward rest that we have in Jesus...right or wrong?

Isn't Baptism the outward expression of our inward experience of having "died to self, buried the old man of sin, and resurrected to new life in Jesus"?

Isn't Communion the outward expression of our inward partaking of the Broken Body and Blood that was shed for sinners?

Are you really sure I've added anything?

Last edited:
Reactions: GerhardEbersoehn

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many denominations call Sunday the Sabbath.

Theological terms confuse a lot of people but words actually mean things! LOL The word Sabbath has a specific meaning….it is a Jewish term.

Many denominations call Sunday the Sabbath.

Yikes! I'm getting away from you in a thunder storm. You will probably become a lightening rod with curses like that!

The thing is you think you are disagreement with me….but what you are disagreeing with are the scriptures, they say what they mean.

Some do not take Christianity seriously….But for Christ and the Apostles it was a serious thing. Hey sera sera does not work in Christianity it is possible to work your way to Hell.

If you could find a scripture that said, You can believe and preach whatever you want and go to Heaven…then you would have a point…but there is no such scripture so you have to argue with the scriptures that are there not me.

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep dodging the question.

Christ spoke the Ten Commandments at Sinai and wrote them with His own finger in stone because Jesus is the God of the OT and I can prove this any number of ways. Therefore, the Ten Commandments are Christ's commandments.

So, if the followers of Christ - the God of the OT Who spoke and wrote the Ten Commandments and also said that those who love Him will keep His Ten Commandments - aren't obligated to keep the 6th commandment, are they at liberty to commit murder?

You are too silly for me to deal with so move it along. There are people here on this forum that think you should be tolerant and nice to evil....that is not me. Show evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter is my policy.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Jesus living out His perfect life in us" doesn't mean He turns our heart into some sort of "holy embassy" in the midst of unholy enemy bio-territory. Rather, He takes over the reigns of our heart and turns our eyes, hands, feet, and tongue from evil.
Blessed viewpoint, blessed statement, blessed Confession

Reactions: Phoneman777

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
[9] It is therefore the duty of the people of God (Christians) to keep the Sabbath.​
[10] For he that has entered into His rest, he has ceased from his own works as God did from His.​

Hmm...seems what Paul is saying here is that it's our duty to rest every seventh day of the week...and the only reason we can conjecture for why it's our "duty" is to demonstrate by outward expression our inward rest that we have in Jesus...right or wrong?

Isn't Baptism the outward expression of our inward experience of having "died to self, buried the old man of sin, and resurrected to new life in Jesus"?

Isn't Communion the outward expression of our inward partaking of the Broken Body and Blood that was shed for sinners?

In light of Hebrews 4:8, "If - because - Jesus gave them rest. . .", do you believe Matthew 27:62 to 28:4 is one complete statement of Resurrection of Christ, TRUTH?

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

To me. . . I'm surprised - delightfully surprised! Especially I like, <the only reason we can conjecture for why it's our "duty" is to demonstrate by outward expression our inward rest that we have in Jesus> Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Phoneman777

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Why its important to keep the Sabbath?
Answer: We can't behave like the Sad-You-See's without it!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Ya know I have had Devine visitations and there is a certain kind of light in that. In Holy Ghost churches I have felt the movement of the Holy Ghost and that is exciting particularly when other people feel it and look around to see that others are feeling it to.

All Prophetic beasts were truly powerful, but TODAY'S, their intimidating attitude regardless, are just three lowly little frogs.
The Three Toads gospel is characterized by 1. Noisiness,
2. Bloating, 3. immense carnivorous Appetite.
The Three Toads False Hope Gospel, spells,
1. Evangelicalism, 2. Rapture-Pentecostalism, 3. Christian Zionist Messianism.
Nothing of anyone's holiness or and spirituality remains the moment his mundaneness or and carnality is gone.
"The 'Gospel' which is being preached today is calculated to deceive souls and bolster them up in a false hope." A.W. Pink

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are too silly for me to deal with so move it along. There are people here on this forum that think you should be tolerant and nice to evil....that is not me. Show evil no tolerance, no mercy, and no quarter is my policy.
Is the Christian at liberty to live contrary to the Ten Commandments, or should he live in accordance with them?

The reason you won't answer - why you desperately want a third option where none exists - is because you'll have to admit you're refusal to keep the Sabbath makes you a "transgressor of the law" and we all know what Jesus will say to the "workers of iniquity", right?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In light of Hebrews 4:8, "If - because - Jesus gave them rest. . .", do you believe Matthew 27:62 to 28:4 is one complete statement of Resurrection of Christ, TRUTH?
When taken together, this passage along with the other Gospels shows that Jesus died just before sunset on Friday aka "Preparation Day" (sunset marks the change from one day to the next) and was taken down, wrapped, and laid in the tomb, and afterward when the sun set and Sabbath began, Christians and Jews alike ceased from their work - the Christian women who followed Jesus would not even break the Sabbath to anoint His body with spices and ointments.

After the Sabbath sun had set, sometime before early morning when the women came with the spices and ointments, Jesus had risen - and now offers to us rest in Him, which the "spirit" of the Sabbath commandment. The "letter" of the Sabbath commandment is resting every Sabbath day which is the sign that we're resting inwardly in Jesus. It's not about "legalism" - the Sabbath is a the "sign" between Him and us that He is our Creator Redeemer Who both created everything in six days and rested the seventh day, and now offers to recreate in us a new heart and give us rest in Him. :)

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the Christian at liberty to live contrary to the Ten Commandments, or should he live in accordance with them?

The reason you won't answer - why you desperately want a third option where none exists - is because you'll have to admit you're refusal to keep the Sabbath makes you a "transgressor of the law" and we all know what Jesus will say to the "workers of iniquity", right?
Hello Troll
At this point I have answered that several times.....but you keep repeating yourself.

A Christian is at liberty to follow the teachings of Christ and the Apostles, one that is of low character and lost looks to Old Testament for moral guidance. No salvation there.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me. . . I'm surprised - delightfully surprised! Especially I like, <the only reason we can conjecture for why it's our "duty" is to demonstrate by outward expression our inward rest that we have in Jesus> Thanks!
The Syriac of the ancient Peshitta MSS is considered the closest MSS that we have to the Greek Textus Receptus. Lamsa's interpretation of the ancient Syriac is spot on: "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath".

Both the Greek "apoleipo" and the Syriac pronounced "qayum" mean "remaineth" but the Syriac also means "valid".

"Valid" /valed/ adj: "legally binding due to having been executed in compliance with the law.

The word "qayum" ("valid") denotes a "lawful obligation" which is why "duty" is more than acceptable.

Now, if we can admit the papacy had over 1,000 years to bury the Sabbath with Sunday, as well as admit the Protestant Bible translators viewed Sabbath-keeping Jews as enemies of Christ, then it's not hard to see why they avoided pointing to the Sabbath when they translated Hebrews 4:9 KJV as, "There remaineth therefore a rest" instead of the more accurate, "There remaineth therefore a (weekly) Sabbath" - which pairs nicely with Lamsa's Peshitta, "It is therefore the duty of the people of God to keep the Sabbath".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Troll
At this point I have answered that several times.....but you keep repeating yourself.

A Christian is at liberty to follow the teachings of Christ and the Apostles, one that is of low character and lost looks to Old Testament for moral guidance. No salvation there.
Let's recap, my friend:

You claimed the Christian doesn't have to keep the Ten Commandments.
I showed you several examples of God repeating the Ten Commandments to Christians in the NT.

All that remains is for you to admit the Christian is obligated to keep the Ten Commandments and give up your fight against the weekly Sabbath. What's stopping you?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Question: Why its important to keep the Sabbath?
Answer: We can't behave like the Sad-You-See's without it!
Jesus kept the Sabbath - even in His death - and He was no Pharisee/Sadducee.

The ancient Pharisees/Sadducees claimed God's promises while rejecting the conditions upon which to do so.

Modern Pharisees/Sadducees with their OSAS, antinomianism, hypergrace, etc., do the exact same thing.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's recap, my friend:

You claimed the Christian doesn't have to keep the Ten Commandments.
Hello Troll, God bless you, you are you so sweet....feel good everything is going to be OK....I am patting you on your back on your way to Hell.
You keep mindlessly repeating yourself......
I did not say that Christians don't have to keep the Ten Commandments....I said that the so called Ten Commandments do not pertain to Christians.....no moral Law or guide in the Old Testament pertains to Christians. So now I am saving a response so when you get stupid and repeat yourself again I can just copy it and paste back to ya.