Why its important to keep the Sabbath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yay, progress. You finally recognise that the Sabbath is one 24 hour day.
LOL….I am beginning to despair that your reading skills are in decline…..how many times have I said that the Sabbath given to the Israelites was based on the 7th day in Genesis, but they are two different Sabbaths.
How many different Sabbaths was Israel to observe? Not just one. Some other festive days in the year, as well as the 7th and 50th years, were also called sabbaths.
Read again exodus 16. "How long are you going to continue to disobey my commandments?" The Lord asked Moses. So the Sabbath Commandment existed before Sinai.
How long before? Not very long at all. Again the Sabbath observance was given only to Israel and it was incorporated into the Law given through Moses a short time later, along with all the other laws that God’s people were to observe….though his moral laws would have been made known to Abraham and the Patriarchs much earlier.

Until the giving of the manna in the wilderness, Israel had no idea of what a Sabbath was. Moses had to tell them what God had just told him, after their complaints about dying of famine in the wilderness……
Moses wrote Genesis, so how would they have known about the details that Moses included in his Genesis creation account? That information was given to Moses directly.
And when God said that He chose Abraham...
KJV Genesis 26:5
5 because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws. I would be interested how you formulate a presumption through your very human reasoning that the Sabbath was a part of the law 1000 or so years later, but neglected to give it to Abraham? Was the day not holy when Abraham lived?
Again you assume this…..but where is it written that the Sabbath was part of any laws given to Abraham? Did he ever mention the Sabbath? Did any of God’s servants before Moses ever mention a Sabbath?

Before the Law of Moses, God’s dealings with the Patriarchs was individual. All that is written suggests that God spoke with them directly, probably through his Logos.
Out of all of God’s ancient servants, only Abraham was called “Jehovah’s friend”. (James 2:21-23) If the Sabbath observance was a command from God before Israel’s release from slavery then why can we find no mention of it in connection with him?

No problem. Scripture is absolutely clear that the Father in the ultimate authority.

Okay, I'm not going to comment further on this excerpt to ask since when did JWs recognise anything as well known and respected other than the NLT? Personally, although I admit them to be well known, respected is an entirely other matter.
I think you mistake the NLT for the NWT, which is the translation we prefer.
Regardless of what translation we use, it is necessary to study like the Beroeans…..to prove to ourselves what is true and what isn’t. I have found so many translation errors by consulting Strongs and finding that they have rendered a word incorrectly, even though they admitted that it meant something else.
It is good to study these things instead of just flying blind and accepting a translation because everyone else does. Never have I found the NWT to be in error when translating the original language.
I ditched the outdated KJV decades ago. The errors are plain when you know the truth.

The original Bible was “inspired of God”…but translations are the work of men.
Yeah, I'm not going there. This isn't my first rodeo on this topic. Just circular debate bearing no fruit.
No fruit for those who are not fruitarians. The Bible is clear in its teachings…..Bible translations are ambiguous because they are designed to be….the translators in 99% of cases are trinitarians. Nuff said.
First born, and elsewhere, only begotten. No suggestion of created in either. Son, absolutely. My sons inherited my nature. I'm a man, so they must be men also. Like father like son. Jesus is God's only begotten Son. Not a sin by creation as are the angels, or a sin by apron, as we are. But a Son begotten in the express image of His Father, inheriting the same nature as His Father... like Father like Son. Therefore God.
How interesting that you describe things this way……you admit that your sons are like their father, but are completely separate humans.
If both the Father and son of the Bible are like one another in character and personality traits, how come all of a sudden the son takes on the role of Almighty God when he never did? He was and always has been a “servant” of his God. (Acts 4:27) How is the servant now the equal of his God just because they share spirit “form” as Paul says in Phil 2:6…
”who, although he was existing in God’s form, did not even consider the idea of trying to be equal to God”.
See above. KJV 1 John 4:14-15
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.
15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.
Yes, that is what it says…..The Father “sent” his precious son to be “the Savior of the world”. We have to confess that Jesus is the “son of God”….not that Jesus is God. Jesus is “theos” not “ho theos” as the Greek Interlinear will testify. He had God’s spirit in him, no question…..but it was given at his baptism.
That spirit was shared with his apostles.
Firstborn of all creation can also mean the Genesis of creation, the source, or the activating power.
If you want it to…...but that is not what it says In Revelation 3:14.
”Beginning” (archē) means…"
  1. “beginning, origin
  2. the person or thing that commences, the first person or thing in a series, the leader”

If you look up all the verses where this word is used, it is always the commencement of something…..the first person or thing in a series. “In the beginning” means when something started…..God created his firstborn son…..his “only begotten”…the very first life form to exist apart from himself. Why would anyone need to force this word to mean something else?….only a false doctrine that needs propping up.

Scripture says that Jesus preexisted his human birth as the “logos” (one who speaks for God) and we see in all his interactions with sinful mankind that a mediator was required, because no sinful person can come to God directly…sin is a barrier between us and our Creator, necessitating the need for an intercessor. Jesus is our High Priest…the one who goes before God on our behalf, and delivers our prayers to him.
If he was “God” (capital “G”) then we would need a mediator between us and Jesus. But if Jesus is “a godlike one” (also the meaning of “theos”) as the Scriptures indicate, then he is God’s representative in every way.…showing us who the Father is in personality and character, and how we should worship the God that he himself serves, even in heaven. (Rev 3:12)

This is no way detracts from who Jesus is and always was…..God’s precious and obedient son. We owe him our obedience and love, but our worship goes only to his Father.

Last edited:

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, P777, sorry to have been away from all this. I've got 2 cents on this comment.

It could have been both. We do know from Scripture (Luke's account) that it was indeed the feast day preparation day, but it could have been that it was also Friday and not earlier in the week from Passover.

Luke 19:31-32
31 Therefore, because it was the Preparation Day, that the bodies should not remain on the cross on the Sabbath (for that Sabbath was a high day), the Jews asked Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away. 32 Then the soldiers came and broke the legs of the first and of the other who was crucified with Him.

It is because of the sign of Jonah that leads some to point out that this Sabbath was a high Sabbath and a full three days and three nights passed.
The only "yearly sabbath" that occurred during the week Jesus was crucified was Passover, which fell on Friday, Nisan 14, the day Jesus died on the Cross.

The Nisan 14 Passover typified the sacrifice of the Lamb of God, so the only sensible time for Christ's crucifixion was Friday, Nisan 14.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nope. I knew what I was doing. You denied that Jesus created. I wrote and highlighted the scriptures that declared that He is the Creator.
Again, you seem to read right over what I say and then argue with your own misunderstanding…..
No one can deny the part of the son in creation…it is clearly stated…….so please read my response again and see what I actually said….rather than what you “think” I said….
The following was not written by me, but it encapsulates what I believe is the truth of scripture, without taking away or adding, without using human reasoning in order to divest the scriptures of the meaning of the plain word.

In arguing the perfect equality of the Father and the Son, and the fact that Christ is in very nature God, we do not design to be understood as teaching that the Father was not before the Son. It should not be necessary to guard this point, lest some should think that the Son existed as soon as the Father; yet some go to that extreme, which adds nothing to the dignity of Christ, but rather detracts from the honor due him, since many throw the whole thing away rather than accept a theory so obviously out of harmony with the language of Scripture, that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God. He was begotten, not created. He is of the substance of the Father, so that in his very nature he is God; and since this is so ‘It pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell.’ Col. 1:19…While both are of the same nature, the Father is first in point of time. He is also greater in that he had no beginning, while Christ’s personality had a beginning.” —
Whose quote is this? It is a cleverly disguised admission that the trinity, as believed by the majority, is not what you accept. By twisting scripture, the writer arrives at a completely different version of the trinity…..

”Christ’s personality had a beginning”? Seriously?

The term “only begotten“ is used with reference to other people in the Bible…..it is “monogenes” which simply means an “only child”. This is not special terminology with reference to Christ. He is and always was an “only child” of his Father, but by no means was he the only son of God. There are countless millions of such “sons” in heaven.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sabbath given to the Israelites was based on the 7th day in Genesis, but they are two different Sabbaths.
Huh?
though his moral laws would have been made known to Abraham and the Patriarchs much earlier.
Obedience to God isn't moral?
how come all of a sudden the son takes on the role of Almighty God when he never did? He was and always has been a “servant” of his God. (Acts 4:27) How is the servant now the equal of his God just because they share spirit “form” as Paul says in Phil 2:6…
”who, although he was existing in God’s form, did not even consider the idea of trying to be equal to God”.
Where have I insinuated that the Son is the same person/being as the Father? He was a servant not only of His God, His Father, but also of men. Which doesn't change His ontological nature one not. It's an attitude of mind that was natural to Him and which He exercised freely in order to save man from sin.
a cleverly disguised admission that the trinity, as believed by the majority, is not what you accept. By twisting scripture, the writer arrives at a completely different version of the trinity…..
He isn't twisting scripture, he's not disguising anything, and he's being quite open in what he sees scripture as saying, and it does you no credit to read what someone else says and assume they have some nefarious motive. Yes, He arrives at a conclusion that is quite different from the traditionally accepted version of the Godhead, without necessarily denying the personhood of either the Father or the Son. The nature of the holy Spirit is holy ground, we haven't been told who or what the holy Spirit is, only what He does. We tend to tread very lightly when discussing anything concerning the nature of God and assume nothing.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No one can deny the part of the son in creation…it is clearly stated…….so please read my response again and see what I actually said….rather than what you “think” I said….
I read what you said, and in your determined efforts to downgrade the deity of Christ to something less than equality with His Father (in everything except rank), you must of necessity downgrade His role in creation. While everything Jesus is was derived of His Father, such as His power and authority, there is no need to take away from Him His independence of thought and will. And though His will is always in harmony with His Father for they are one, the Son still was the principle Creator, not some minion used of God to take messages and deliver parcels.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Adam was not instructed to hold a Sabbath observance….nor Noah…nor Abraham…..nor Elijah.
True. And why should they? The Sabbath isn't about ritualistic observances and ceremonies. It's about resting. In the Hebrew, literally... Stopping. Stopping from what... Stopping as God did. Resting as God rested.
When did Jesus bless, sanctify, and make holy the Sabbath?
Still waiting for an answer to this.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
True. And why should they? The Sabbath isn't about ritualistic observances and ceremonies. It's about resting. In the Hebrew, literally... Stopping. Stopping from what... Stopping as God did. Resting as God rested.
If it was a law, it would have been stated......there is no mention of a Sabbath observance till it was enjoined on Israel in the wilderness, and became part of their law shortly thereafter. It was not a recommendation, but a command.

We see in early parts of the Bible record that things mentioned in God’s law were not binding on those who lived before it was given to Moses......marriage between close relatives for example, was forbidden in God’s law to Israel but in the beginning the children of Adam and Eve were to be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.....Cain would have taken one of his sisters in marriage. They had no choice but to form marriages with their close relatives. Abraham married his half sister, Sarah...his father’s daughter by another mother. (Gen 20:12) Jacob married his cousin, Rachel.
We have the account of Lot when freed from Sodom with his two daughters who sought to bring offspring for their father and had relations with him and gave birth to sons.....since there was no law against incest at that time, no law of God was broken. They were not reprimanded because their motives were not wicked.
Still waiting for an answer to this......”When did Jesus bless, sanctify, and make holy the Sabbath?”
Oh please Brakelite...I have answered this several times already....

Jesus never did.....it is the words of God that are recorded in the Bible that say “God blessed the Sabbath” rest that he took after his creation was complete to his satisfaction.

In Gen 2:4, it says....
“This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.” (NASB)
Who is the LORD God here?

Gen 2:4 from the Jewish Tanakh....
4 These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, on the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven. דאֵ֣לֶּה תֽוֹלְד֧וֹת הַשָּׁמַ֛יִם וְהָאָ֖רֶץ בְּהִ֣בָּֽרְאָ֑ם בְּי֗וֹם עֲשׂ֛וֹת יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶ֥רֶץ וְשָׁמָֽיִם:

We can see from the Jewish Scripture that the one who created all things is “יְהֹוָ֥ה” Yahweh, Jehovah. In the whole of chapter 2 in Genesis, repeated mention is made of Yahweh as Creator.
So Jesus was there as God’s instrument....described in Proverbs as his “Master Workman”, working alongside his Father in creation. (Prov 8:30-31) He is the “us” and “our” in Gen 1:26.

But Jesus is not the Creator, and is never once addressed by that title. With the aid of God’s spirit, the son carried out the fabricating of the raw materials that God had brought into existence, fashioning those raw materials under his Father’s guidance, creation was constructed by him. Just as any human construction needs the raw materials supplied in order to build any structure to the architects specifications....so, this is the picture painted by the Bible itself.....the Jesus you refer to was not known until the RCC changed his identity, inventing a three headed god that does not exist in any scripture ever written. Your own version of him still makes him his Father’s equal......no one in existence is equal to Jehovah, who is called “the Most High over all the earth”....(Psalm 83:18 KJV, ASV)

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it was a law, it would have been stated......there is no mention of a Sabbath observance till it was enjoined on Israel in the wilderness, and became part of their law shortly thereafter. It was not a recommendation, but a command.

We see in early parts of the Bible record that things mentioned in God’s law were not binding on those who lived before it was given to Moses......marriage between close relatives for example, was forbidden in God’s law to Israel but in the beginning the children of Adam and Eve were to be fruitful and become many and fill the earth.....Cain would have taken one of his sisters in marriage. They had no choice but to form marriages with their close relatives. Abraham married his half sister, Sarah...his father’s daughter by another mother. (Gen 20:12) Jacob married his cousin, Rachel.
We have the account of Lot when freed from Sodom with his two daughters who sought to bring offspring for their father and had relations with him and gave birth to sons.....since there was no law against incest at that time, no law of God was broken. They were not reprimanded because their motives were not wicked.

Oh please Brakelite...I have answered this several times already....

Jesus never did.....it is the words of God that are recorded in the Bible that say “God blessed the Sabbath” rest that he took after his creation was complete to his satisfaction.

In Gen 2:4, it says....
“This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made earth and heaven.” (NASB)
Who is the LORD God here?

Gen 2:4 from the Jewish Tanakh....
4 These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, on the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven.דאֵ֣לֶּה תֽוֹלְד֧וֹת הַשָּׁמַ֛יִם וְהָאָ֖רֶץ בְּהִ֣בָּֽרְאָ֑ם בְּי֗וֹם עֲשׂ֛וֹת יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהִ֖ים אֶ֥רֶץ וְשָׁמָֽיִם:

We can see from the Jewish Scripture that the one who created all things is “יְהֹוָ֥ה” Yahweh, Jehovah. In the whole of chapter 2 in Genesis, repeated mention is made of Yahweh as Creator.
So Jesus was there as God’s instrument....described in Proverbs as his “Master Workman”, working alongside his Father in creation. (Prov 8:30-31) He is the “us” and “our” in Gen 1:26.

But Jesus is not the Creator, and is never once addressed by that title. With the aid of God’s spirit, the son carried out the fabricating of the raw materials that God had brought into existence, fashioning those raw materials under his Father’s guidance, creation was constructed by him. Just as any human construction needs the raw materials supplied in order to build any structure to the architects specifications....so, this is the picture painted by the Bible itself.....the Jesus you refer to was not known until the RCC changed his identity, inventing a three headed god that does not exist in any scripture ever written. Your own version of him still makes him his Father’s equal......no one in existence is equal to Jehovah, who is called “the Most High over all the earth”....(Psalm 83:18 KJV, ASV)
Aunty, when the Creator makes the Sabbath for man, and Blesses it and makes it Holy and Observes it Himself, what more do you need?

Reactions: Brakelite

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Aunty, when the Creator makes the Sabbath for man, and Blesses it and makes it Holy and Observes it Himself, what more do you need?
Please don’t misunderstand.....it is my belief that the Sabbath rest for God in Genesis is not the same as the Sabbath he gave to Israel.....though it is modelled after it. The 7th day of Genesis has not yet ended, and it must be brought to a finish with God’s blessing because all that he purposed in his 6 “days” (creative periods) of work, is brought to a successful conclusion at the end of the 7th day, which is still 1000 years away. The Genesis “days” were not 24 hour periods. Jehovah is a Creator, not a magician.

We have to understand where we are in the stream of time, and why the world is in such a mess. We have to be aware of satan and his minions who are out to devour Christians in these “last days” when the majority of humankind will be turned away from God to more selfish interests. Satan will see to it that they have more distractions than they can count.

We have to have the earth cleansed of all wickedness.....with the return of our Lord Jesus as judge of humankind, when he will eliminate from his Father’s Kingdom all who do not know him, and who do not obey the teachings of his son.

The apostle Paul stated....”But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.”

So those who do not know God are those who don’t want to know him, or who want to change him into their version of what they want their god to be......and those who do know what God requires, but who fail to live by it, will both perish in the blaze of God’s anger. He has been waiting patiently for all the things that need attention in this time period specially set aside, to receive it, and be settled before “the end” of this wicked world can come. He is separating out the “wheat from the weeds” as we speak. Soon sentence will be carried out and the relative “few” who have kept on the “cramped and narrow road” will be the only survivors. (Matt 7:13-14) The other road, well travelled, is a dead end.

Then we will have the 1000 year reign of Christ who will lead redeemed mankind back into reconciliation with their Creator. This period is set aside for the resurrection and education of the dead....both the righteous and the unrighteous. (John 5:28-29) They will have to prove their love and loyalty to God during this period.

Those who have “the heavenly calling”, (Heb 3:1) will already be in their positions as “kings and priests” serving with Jesus as the Kingdom’s primary Ruler. (Rev 20:6)

After one final test, when satan is released from the abyss in which he has been imprisoned whist mankind are returned to sinless perfection, (Rev 20:1-3) those who pass that final test will be granted everlasting life and God’s first purpose for mankind will have come to fruition....only then can the 7th day end with God’s declaration that all is “very good”.....this is the big picture....as I understand it. The Sabbath was indeed “made for man” but, I believe in a different way to the one you’ve been told.

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
It could have been both. We do know from Scripture (Luke's account) that it was indeed the feast day preparation day, but it could have been that it was also Friday and not earlier in the week from Passover.
Re: <I've got 2 cents on this comment. . . . We do know from Scripture (Luke's account) that it was indeed the feast day preparation day, but it could have been that it was also Friday and not earlier in the week from Passover.>

FULLSCORE! A 2 cents comment worth more than 2 tons in pure gold!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
How many different Sabbaths was Israel to observe? Not just one. Some other festive days in the year, as well as the 7th and 50th years, were also called sabbaths.
A COMPLETELY, WRONG, statement, nay, completely FALSE, yea, absolutely reckless PROVING one thing: YOUR IGNORANCE OF SCRIPTURE. In truth, illustrating how the Word of God is abused of antinomian neocon evangelicals.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Some other festive days in the year, as well as the 7th and 50th years, were also called sabbaths.
ANOTHER COMPLETELY, WRONG, statement, nay, completely FALSE, yea, absolutely reckless PROVING one thing: YOUR IGNORANCE OF SCRIPTURE. In truth, illustrating how the Word of God is abused of antinomian neocon American and English evangelicals.
1713534384195.png

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
though his moral laws would have been made known to Abraham and the Patriarchs much earlier.
moral laws would of course according to omniscient Aunty Jane have excluded punctiliarly and punctually that well known Jewish Fourth Commandment. . . which those Jewish authors of the Holy Scriptures wrote so eloquently . . . THE ART OF DECEIT

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please don’t misunderstand.....it is my belief that the Sabbath rest for God in Genesis is not the same as the Sabbath he gave to Israel.....though it is modelled after it. The 7th day of Genesis has not yet ended, and it must be brought to a finish with God’s blessing because all that he purposed in his 6 “days” (creative periods) of work, is brought to a successful conclusion at the end of the 7th day, which is still 1000 years away. The Genesis “days” were not 24 hour periods. Jehovah is a Creator, not a magician.

We have to understand where we are in the stream of time, and why the world is in such a mess. We have to be aware of satan and his minions who are out to devour Christians in these “last days” when the majority of humankind will be turned away from God to more selfish interests. Satan will see to it that they have more distractions than they can count.

We have to have the earth cleansed of all wickedness.....with the return of our Lord Jesus as judge of humankind, when he will eliminate from his Father’s Kingdom all who do not know him, and who do not obey the teachings of his son.

The apostle Paul stated....”But you who suffer tribulation will be given relief along with us at the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels 8 in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance on those who do not know God and those who do not obey the good news about our Lord Jesus.”

So those who do not know God are those who don’t want to know him, or who want to change him into their version of what they want their god to be......and those who do know what God requires, but who fail to live by it, will both perish in the blaze of God’s anger. He has been waiting patiently for all the things that need attention in this time period specially set aside, to receive it, and be settled before “the end” of this wicked world can come. He is separating out the “wheat from the weeds” as we speak. Soon sentence will be carried out and the relative “few” who have kept on the “cramped and narrow road” will be the only survivors. (Matt 7:13-14) The other road, well travelled, is a dead end.

Then we will have the 1000 year reign of Christ who will lead redeemed mankind back into reconciliation with their Creator. This period is set aside for the resurrection and education of the dead....both the righteous and the unrighteous. (John 5:28-29) They will have to prove their love and loyalty to God during tros period.

Those who have “the heavenly calling”, (Heb 3:1) will already be in their positions as “kings and priests” serving with Jesus as the Kingdom’s primary Ruler. (Rev 20:6)

After one final test, when satan is released from the abyss in which he has been imprisoned whist mankind are returned to sinless perfection, (Rev 20:1-3) those who pass that final test will be granted everlasting life and God’s first purpose for mankind will have come to fruition....only then can the 7th day end with God’s declaration that all is “very good”.....this is the big picture....as I understand it. The Sabbath was indeed “made for man” but, I believe in a different way to the one you’ve been told.

I have to take, at least, academic exception to the phrase "you've been told," Sis.

I mean, let's be honest, is there anything you've portrayed here that departs, materially, from "Studies In The Scriptures?"

Respectfully, I'm not really up on Watchtower's prophetic updates but, at this point, aren't we just waiting to see how long the period between the creation of Adam and that of Eve proves to be? Or some such qualification? I used to try to keep up with such things. Help me out, here, Sis. :)

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Moses wrote Genesis ... the details that Moses included in his Genesis creation account ... That information was given to Moses directly ... but where is it written that the Sabbath was part of any laws given to Abraham? ... God’s dealings with the Patriarchs was individual. All that is written suggests that God spoke with them directly ... Out of all of God’s ancient servants, only Abraham was called “Jehovah’s friend”. (James 2:21-23) If the Sabbath observance was a command from God before Israel’s release from slavery then why can we find no mention of it in connection with him?
<why can we find no mention of it in connection with him?>
Perhaps because Abraham was "a friend of God"? Like Moses was "a friend of God"? Why would God have given the Sabbath Commandment to Moses to give to Israel, but not to Abraham? Not because GOD CHOSE THEM ALL?
But typically, you see only MAN'S goodness and free will - not GOD'S mercy and forgiveness of man's free will.
All the children of God are "JUSTIFIED BY FAITH, NOT BY THE WORKS OF THE LAW", not because of their individual choice of God but of His Personal Choice of them, not because of God's Election of any one nation, Jew or Gentile, but because of GOD'S Election of each one of HIS OWN.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
it was a law, it would have been stated..
Mmm. Was murder a sin when Cain clobbered Abel in the back paddock? Was adultery a sin when Joseph ran away from Potiphar's wife? Did they need to be written down, obviously not. But they were most assuredly informed right? Why would God keep the Sabbath, and yes,...t was a 24j hour day like the other 6, we've been observing the week since? What Most wrote down in Genesis came first by word of mouth, handed down from father to son for 1000 years or more. How do you think Moses' parents explained the 6 day creation and the Sabbath, but with no reference to the 7 day week the entire world was familiar with?

Reactions: BarneyFife