Why Jesus told stories

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,
I just published my new video entitled "Why Jesus told stories. "

Early in his ministry, Jesus taught the people plainly, making propositional statements. Later in his ministry, however, he began to teach them in parables. Why did Jesus begin teaching them in parables? The answer might surprise you.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi all,

Early in his ministry, Jesus taught the people plainly, making propositional statements. Later in his ministry, however, he began to teach them in parables. Why did Jesus begin teaching them in parables? The answer might surprise you.
Very good, enjoyed it. Now we need to go to Christ for understanding, parable pretty much are meant to draw us to Him so we dont try figure it our for ourselves.

God bless

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi all,

Very good. 7:51 - 8:16 is indeed correct. I don't hear this taught very often (In fact, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone else teach it, although I am sure others do). But we are entrusted with revelation, and to whom much is given much will be required.

Yes. Now at 10:19, and you are quoting the same verse...

I could give you an entire teaching on the whole Chapter of Mark 4 that relates to this teaching. All parables in the Chapter are actually centered on teaching the same principle: That our spiritual growth is limited only to us, and that He wants us growing in knowledge and revelation to the fullest extent possible.

Let me know if it is something you would like to discuss some day.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

Reactions: mjrhealth

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good. 7:51 - 8:16 is indeed correct. I don't hear this taught very often (In fact, this is the first time I have ever heard anyone else teach it, although I am sure others do). But we are entrusted with revelation, and to whom much is given much will be required.

Yes. Now at 10:19, and you are quoting the same verse...

I could give you an entire teaching on the whole Chapter of Mark 4 that relates to this teaching. All parables in the Chapter are actually centered on teaching the same principle: That our spiritual growth is limited only to us, and that He wants us growing in knowledge and revelation to the fullest extent possible.

Let me know if it is something you would like to discuss some day.

Blessings in Christ,
Hidden In Him

@mjrhealth and @Hidden In Him,

Thanks for watching the video. If you have any additional thoughts to add, I want to hear them. I plan to begin a video series on the parables. My next video will be on the "Parable of the Sower."