Why Jesus Wants Us To Make A Stand During The Coming Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to paste the Bible quote, but Apostle Paul said for us to put on the whole Armor of God, so as to be able to make a STAND in the "evil day" (Ephesians 6).

New Testament FACT:
God's Word has Christ's Faithful saints making a STAND for Him throughout the coming "great tribulation". Jesus showed His coming to gather His saints is not until after the tribulation (Matthew 24:29-31 & Mark 13:24-27). Even in Revelation 20 with pointing to those of the "first resurrection", those include saints that refused the mark of the beast. So how can those refuse the mark of the beast if they're raptured before the tribulation? Because Jesus showed His coming to gather His saints ain't until after the tribulation, that means we all are going through the "great tribulation" whether we like it or not.

Why then, would Lord Jesus want us to make that 'stand' for Him during the "great tribulation" when the coming pseudo-Christ is setup as God in Jerusalem?

Man's false Pre-trib Rapture doctrines bombard the deceived with the idea of escaping the tribulation, and flying away instead of making a stand for Jesus against the beast. The last thing they want their deceived congregations to hear is that Jesus wants us to make a 'stand' during the great tribulation for Him.

But that's really it. We are to make a STAND for Lord Jesus during the coming great trib.

Early in God's Word, He revealed what this present world is about. God said He put enmity between the devil's seed, and the Seed of the Woman (Genesis 3:15). That reveals a battle between God's servants and Satan's servants during this present world time.

Christ's servants were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world, according to Apostle Paul in Ephesians 1. And what happened in that old world before Adam and Eve? In that 1st world is when God created Satan as an anointed cherub that covereth (Ezekiel 28). And Satan was perfect in his ways, until iniquity was found in him (Ezekiel 28). Satan rebelled in wanting to be GOD in that old world. So God ordained this 2nd world earth age for His Son to be born of flesh woman and die on the cross for the remission of the sins of those who believe on Him and The Father. Christ's elect were ordained into the service of The Gospel, to make a STAND for Him.

Per Luke 4 when the devil was tempting Lord Jesus, the devil took Jesus upon a high mountain and showed Him all the kingdoms of the world. The devil then told Jesus that he would give those kingdoms to Him only if Jesus would follow him. And the devil said he could give those kingdoms to whomever, because they were given to him (by The Father). That is pointing to this present world time actually having been given to Satan to be the primary controller. This is why no matter what organization for good is started during this present world, Satan's host will soon creep into it and try to corrupt it. This is especially so with the religious organizations of men. But Christ's servants are here in order to make a STAND against those kinds of workings by the devil.

In Luke 10, Lord Jesus said He gave us all power over the enemy, and we are to command that power over the devil and his servants, casting them out in the Name of Jesus Christ, and praying.

It's just a fact, this present world is simply not our real home. Our real home is with The Father and The Son. And They are preparing to return here, back to this earth where His Kingdom once was upon this ancient earth.

In Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21, Lord Jesus showed that some of His servants are going to be delivered up at the end to give a TESTIMONY for Him against the beast. That duty especially is why Christ's Church must go through the coming "great tribulation", in order to give that TESTIMONY for Christ. So if you want to know WHY the devil doesn't want you to understand that, and instead wants you to just have thoughts of escaping the coming great trib, then that's why, because that future TESTIMONY by Christ's faithful saints DURING the "great tribulation" is one of the events that is going to begin Satan's one-world government beast kingdom to crumble. Lord Jesus' appearing in the clouds to end the trib is what will finish it.

This is why God's "two witnesses" in Revelation 11, within the 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe period, will be giving a TESTIMONY against the beast for the time of "great tribulation", i.e., the latter 1260 days of Daniel's symbolic "one week" (7 years). Because it mentions "two candlesticks" along with the two witnesses, and per the last verse of Rev.1 Jesus said the 7 candlesticks are the 7 Churches, that means two Churches will make that STAND with the two witnesses during the tribulation. It ought to be all 7 Churches making that STAND for Jesus, but as we can see today, there are many deceived congregations not being prepared to make that STAND for Lord Jesus Christ during the "great tribulation" time.

Jesus said in Matthew 10:28 to not fear those who can kill our flesh body, but not our soul, but to fear HIM Who can destroy both our body and soul in the future "lake of fire". So we are not to fear flesh death. And yet in Luke 21, Lord Jesus said when delivered up to give that TESTIMONY, don't fear, because not a hair on your head shall perish.

So each believer on Jesus Christ has a choice to make for the coming time of "great tribulation" at the end of this world.

1. Be prepared with the whole Armor of God on to make a spiritual STAND against the beast with giving a TESTIMONY by The Holy Spirit for Lord Jesus.

or...

2. Seek to run like a coward when there will be no escape but flee like a dead carcase where the fowls are that eat on the dead (Luke 17:37 about the 1st one's TAKEN).

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only 2 Churches in Asia (Minor) Jesus had NO REBUKE for, per Rev.2 & 3.

Lack of understanding His Messages to those 2 Church reveals how deceived the other 5 Churches were, and will be at the end.

Reactions: pompadour

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think more accurately, that Jesus wants some of us, to take a stand.

You have to remember that God will shorten the days.

And (as I have said a number of times now) Jesus exhorts us to be praying always that we escape and are able to stand before Him.

Also remember, that those who die early, go before us, to the Lord.

And again, we are already hated by the world, taking a stand at the tribulation, doesn't change that!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Why Jesus Wants Us To Make A Stand During The Coming Tribulation​

Why wouldn't those in love with Jesus make a stand for him anytime....whether in good or bad times?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think more accurately, that Jesus wants some of us, to take a stand.

You have to remember that God will shorten the days.

And (as I have said a number of times now) Jesus exhorts us to be praying always that we escape and are able to stand before Him.

Also remember, that those who die early, go before us, to the Lord.

And again, we are already hated by the world, taking a stand at the tribulation, doesn't change that!

Lord Jesus' idea of escape in Luke 21:36 and being kept from the "hour of temptation" per Revelation 3:9 has nothing to do with 'physical' escape like a pre-trib rapture theory. Nor does the fact that Lord Jesus shortened the time of the coming great tribulation.

Per God's written Word, Lord Jesus returns on the last day of this world, AFTER the time of "great tribulation", or actually, He comes to the end the trib. That is the day of God's Wrath upon the wicked, and upon the deceived who take the mark and fall away to the coming false-Messiah.

So even though praying is always a good thing, it is not enough in order to prepare for the coming "great tribulation" events.

There are many brethren today that already have denied Lord Jesus' commandment to Watch, with His pointing to the 7 SIGNS of the end He gave His Church, leading up to His future return. Most brethren don't have a clue of what they are supposed to be 'watching', because of so many deceived preachers in today's pulpits that follow their seminaries and religious organizations instead of God's written Word. And one of Lord Jesus' main SIGNS to watch for the end that He gave, was to not allow any man to deceive us. Then He pointed to a coming pseudo-Christ in His place that will work great signs and wonders and miracles to deceive the whole world, except... those of His that LISTEN to Him and what He commanded His to be watching, and waiting for His return.

Therefore, the few... that WATCH per Jesus' commandment, will be few simply because the other brethren were deceived because of disobeying His commandment, and their listening to doctrines of men instead.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Man's false Pre-trib Rapture doctrines bombard the deceived with the idea of escaping the tribulation, and flying away instead of making a stand for Jesus against the beast. The last thing they want their deceived congregations to hear is that Jesus wants us to make a 'stand' during the great tribulation for Him.

False Pretrib doctrine and flying away?

Song of Solomon
8 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.

9 My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

14 O my dove, that art in the clefts of the rock, in the secret places of the stairs, let me see thy countenance, let me hear thy voice; for sweet is thy voice, and thy countenance is comely.

Nothing false about the pretrib rapture.
In Mark 13, Matthew 24, and Luke 21, Lord Jesus showed that some of His servants are going to be delivered up at the end to give a TESTIMONY for Him against the beast. That duty especially is why Christ's Church must go through the coming "great tribulation", in order to give that TESTIMONY for Christ.
The Lord is NOT going to put the bride that has made herself ready into the great tribulation. He is speaking to the Jews in those chapters.

So each believer on Jesus Christ has a choice to make for the coming time of "great tribulation" at the end of this world.

1. Be prepared with the whole Armor of God on to make a spiritual STAND against the beast with giving a TESTIMONY by The Holy Spirit for Lord Jesus.

or...

2. Seek to run like a coward when there will be no escape but flee like a dead carcase where the fowls are that eat on the dead (Luke 17:37 about the 1st one's TAKEN).
Your lack of understanding is impressive.

Luke 21
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
They will be dragging me away in handcuffs. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.
Jesus didn't say resolve to face the worst, He said "pray always that you escape and stand before Me".

Come on now, does God want you fretting away, when you could be praying?

Reactions: The Light

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus didn't say resolve to face the worst, He said "pray always that you escape and stand before Me".

Come on now, does God want you fretting away, when you could be praying?
Taking a stand means you will not renounce your faith if threatened by burning at the stake, or fed to the lions.
The early Christians had to make that choice

Would you convert to Roman Catholicism or be burned or beheaded under the reign of Bloody Mary?
In other countries today Muslims are burning churches with people inside. Will you take a stand and still assemble to pray?
China is sending Christians to re-education camps, will you stand your ground?

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Taking a stand means will you renounce your faith if threatened by burning at the stake, or fed to the lions.
The early Christians had to make that choice

Would you convert to Roman Catholicism or be burned or beheaded under the reign of Bloody Mary?
In other countries today Muslims are burning churches with people inside. Will you take a stand and still assemble to pray?
China is sending Christians to re-education camps, will you stand your ground?
Live by imagination, and don't die for glory!

Or as the Jews put it: better a cowardly dog, than a dead lion.

There is persecution out there, but Jesus didn't say 'rush to meet it'.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Live by imagination, and don't die for glory!

Or as the Jews put it: better a cowardly dog, than a dead lion.

There is persecution out there, but Jesus didn't say 'rush to meet it'.

Revelation 21:7-9 - He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
His understanding is spot on.
His understanding is sorely lacking.

Stop with the belittling comments.
You're new here so slack is in order. I suggest that you read some of his comments that say believers in the truth of the pretribulation rapture are liars and of Satan and etc, etc, etc.

If Jesus is speaking to the Jews in Mt. 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 then what verse or verses is it that points to the Chapter being only for Jews?
Matthew 15
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus' ministry was to the Jews as they had to reject the chief cornerstone. The Gospel was not taken to the Gentiles until Acts 10-12.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you can quote a statement by Jesus or the Apostles that we are to make a stand, I would believe that, however if you can't prove without removing the context, it becomes harder to believe that Yeshua ever told us anything today.

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 15
24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matthew 10
5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus' ministry was to the Jews as they had to reject the chief cornerstone. The Gospel was not taken to the Gentiles until Acts 10-12.
This does not prove anything in terms of what Jesus was talking about in the Olivet Discourse. Jesus was not talking about the gospel in the Olivet Discourse, He was talking about things that would happen in the future after the gospel was taken to the Gentiles. So, there's no reason to think that there can't be anything in the Olivet Discourse that is related to both Jews and Gentiles. It's not as if Jesus never referred to His Gentile followers.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

The Light

Mar 11, 2022
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was asked, "Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?"

Jesus answered the question. So the end of the world/age - and the sign of his coming - is for only Jews?

I have a feeling I'm in the wrong religion.
The Christian Church will be caught up before the seals are opened and the 70th week begins and that is the first harvest.

The end of the age is at the 6th seal. There is a reason there are 144,000 first fruits from the 12 tribes. You should be smart enough to take it from there.

Well, maybe not. You would need to understand that the Feast of New Oil takes place 50 days after the Feast of New Wine which is the celebration of the wheat harvest. That should tell you that the 144,000 are sealed just before the Feast of Trumpets which will be likely when the covenant with many is confirmed or strengthened setting off the 70th week.

It should be crystal clear shortly.

Last edited:

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Revelation 21:7-9 - He who overcomes shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son. 8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
cowardly in the end.

It doesn't mean you can't start out cowardly.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Perhaps, but "deilos" could also be understood to have the meaning of "no backbone" such that Rev 21:8 could be understood as: - "But those who have no backbone and are not real believers, they are an abomination unto the Lord, they are murderers, and prostitute themselves to other gods and sorcerers, and worship idols, and the portion of all these lairs will be in the Lake of Fire that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Mikey-for-sure

Jul 6, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If you can quote a statement by Jesus or the Apostles that we are to make a stand, I would believe that, however if you can't prove without removing the context, it becomes harder to believe that Yeshua ever told us anything today.
Romans 5
3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed;

We die for the Glory of God, because He is our True Love.

• Love
Reactions: GRACE ambassador

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 5
3And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5And hope maketh not ashamed;

We die for the Glory of God, because He is our True Love.

No one said that Christians don't have trials.

However, it's nothing like the first century.

Paul ship wrecked three times, he was put in jail, beat.

So was others who would profess Christ Jesus in that day in age, they were put in jail, or stoned to death, murdered for no apparent reason other than beliving that Jesus Christ raised from the dead.

This is what I mean by just quoting a scripture, out of random places with no context or direction to go in. Human beings suffer and go through many difficult times; some being raped as children, abused by parents, children abusing adults and so on and so forth.

The biggest trial aside from forgiving those who have harmed you, is dying to oneself and living for Christ in newness of life by the spirit, in my opinion of course it's just my opinion and based upon some reasoning adjustments of what those Christians went through which was normally straight to death, or put out of synagogues for faith.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today, I got to talk to a 79 year old man, whos wife went in to go get few items. We talked about Yeshua, and the times that the man had went through, one of those times was were he went and jumped from one place to another up high along the mountain top and he slid of the rock not noticing the water, and he said lord save me. He ended up as he was falling grabbing on to a tree limb that was out of the land which saved his life, and he was able to go get back to level ground after that. His wife came back as she forgot what she came in for. He also told me he believed the one world government was going to be instated cause people were getting 'chips' put in them, and I asked him you really believe so? Oh yes, I said I guess as long as you have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ you dont have nothing to worry about, and he said yeah I know that is right.

Also got to talk with another man, who was 22, he served in the military, and one time when he was young he got crushed when he realized he did not have any breaks on the four-wheeler, he got the tire locked up, and while turning he got slung into a pole. He ended up breaking 7 rib bones, on his left side, and also his shoulder, collar bone area. He went into the military and he was airplane servicer for the military to fuel planes up in the sky while they were moving, and one day he almost died cause it his a certain G spot going through the air, and it almost punctured his lungs and he did not know that and that sent him on a discharge. I told him about recently quiting drugs, and he also said he had a drug problem with opiates along time ago too, and he told me to be encouraged to keep going and in the same responses I also encouraged him as well. We talked a little bit about, and what got him through, and he noted that you need to take life minute by miinute cause if you add in the future sometimes you'll become super stressed about worrying what may come then, and to take life one day at a time.

Our struggles are quite different than what the Jewish culture was used to doing; which even Paul put to death Christians, so yes @Mikey-for-sure: Whatever you go through and the Lord gets you through, it's always good to be thankful and show gratitude, and share with others when lead by the spirit.

Thank you sir.

Last edited: