Why no response from God? Please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever prayed to God and felt like you were praying to a statue? For the last two days, I have been making the same prayer to God. Unfortunately he refuses to respond, so it feels like I’m talking to a rock.

I know God hears me, so it’s not that I’m praying to an inanimate object; it’s that God is ignoring me. It’s very rude of him to treat me like this.

The night before last, I prayed to God and ask him to please keep his word. I did what God wanted, so all I wanted him to do is show some good faith for once and do what he said he was going to do, not hurt me and make me mad. Unfortunately he refused to keep his word again and instead chose to let harm happen to me.

I prayed last night. During this time (actually for the whole day), I felt hostile towards God for not only refusing to keep his word, but also for refusing to tell me why he lied to me. So last night I told God to please keep his word this time because I did exactly why he wanted, but again he didn’t. In fact, it got worse…

Instead of keeping his promise, he decided to let harm happen to me. But God told me he would remove the harm if I did what he wanted, not allow it to increase.

I’m so mad at God for what he has done. And the sad thing is that he won’t tell me why. I’ve been treated so badly, and I just want it to stop. God said it will stop, but only when I do what he wants, and I did. But the harm continued. I want to know why, but God refuses to communicate. Instead he ignores me.

Please everyone pray and tell God to answer my prayers for once.

You are challenging God IF His Word is TRUE...BASED on ‘YOUR CONDITION’, that God MUST answer you, WHEN YOU SAY SO.

IF you TRUST God, you TRUST He answers, WHEN it is the BEST, most profitable time FOR YOU, TO RECEIVE HIS ANSWER.

We WANT. We DECIDE WHAT we WANT an answer to BE.
THAT ^ makes God’s ALL KNOWING (what, when, why the MOST BENEFICIAL FOR US)...... irrelevant.

Certainly ASK...and humble yourself, that YOU TRUST, He KNOWS, WHEN the answer IS most beneficial FOR YOU....AND WHEN, the answer IS most beneficial FOR YOU...He will answer you THEN.

No. I will NOT Dictate TO God, Tell the All Knowing God, what to DO.

But I will pray for YOU to be humble, patient, trusting, HE WILL ANSWER WHEN His Answer WILL BE most beneficial for you.

Glory to God,
Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
That is one of my favorite verses too. D.H. Hill wrote that verse to his wife once in a letter; he had such a tragic life (lost four of his nine children amongst other things). It sure may feel as though God is killing us, but we must trust him nonetheless and know that no matter how we feel it is his word that is true not our feelings, the way we perceive things (Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding; I believe that is in Proverbs).
@dhh712 It's at Proverbs 3.5......

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Galatians 5:22....

Also: "But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing." (James 1:4)
But for the Holy Spirit to indwell and bring the fruit to maturity one must be born again.

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
But for the Holy Spirit to indwell and bring the fruit to maturity one must be born again.
@Pearl Indeed; Peter in 2 Peter 3.18 says: 'Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'.

In order for such growth, there needs to be life there in the first place.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Pearl Indeed; Peter in 2 Peter 3.18 says: 'Grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ'.

In order for such growth, there needs to be life there in the first place.
So true @farouk but sadly not everybody who calls themselves a Christian gets that.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
So true @farouk but sadly not everybody who calls themselves a Christian gets that.
@Pearl

Indeed so, and Peter himself describes in 1 Peter 1.23-25 what is essential:

"Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

24 For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away:

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you."

Reactions: Pearl

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever prayed to God and felt like you were praying to a statue? For the last two days, I have been making the same prayer to God. Unfortunately he refuses to respond, so it feels like I’m talking to a rock.

I know God hears me, so it’s not that I’m praying to an inanimate object; it’s that God is ignoring me. It’s very rude of him to treat me like this.

The night before last, I prayed to God and ask him to please keep his word. I did what God wanted, so all I wanted him to do is show some good faith for once and do what he said he was going to do, not hurt me and make me mad. Unfortunately he refused to keep his word again and instead chose to let harm happen to me.

I prayed last night. During this time (actually for the whole day), I felt hostile towards God for not only refusing to keep his word, but also for refusing to tell me why he lied to me. So last night I told God to please keep his word this time because I did exactly why he wanted, but again he didn’t. In fact, it got worse…

Instead of keeping his promise, he decided to let harm happen to me. But God told me he would remove the harm if I did what he wanted, not allow it to increase.

I’m so mad at God for what he has done. And the sad thing is that he won’t tell me why. I’ve been treated so badly, and I just want it to stop. God said it will stop, but only when I do what he wants, and I did. But the harm continued. I want to know why, but God refuses to communicate. Instead he ignores me.

Because God's silence is the greatest trust fall you can get.

Maybe sometimes instead of "God respond back to me my world is falling apart and I can't hang on and I need some reassurance" it's better to just say "God I know you're a good father and your Word is reassurance enough."

Sometimes it is in His will for us to just do *something" and trust him with the something.

Reactions: Lambano

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Years ago I prayed and asked God why some people receive immediate deliverance from addictions and others like myself have prayed and asked for deliverance and it never came.
So again I asked Him why He won't deliver me of smoking....He said I delivered you the day you received my gift of salvation.
On the day that Jesus died on the cross His last words were..."it is finished"..then He gave up the ghost.
So basically, everything that has afflicted mankind...such as sickness and disease, generational curses, bondage and captivity was destroyed at that moment...So I am delivered...and God told me that I am delivered It just hasn't manifested yet because I didn't want to quit.
I thought about that and He was right...even though I had every reason to quit and none to keep smoking I wanted to smoke because I was afraid I would get fat if I quit.....smh.
But I have quit now and I haven't gotten fat yet....lol.

I prayed for something very specific in my life....I would pray and ask God for this every day....One day He said...."I heard you the first time...you don't need to keep asking but rather start thanking and praising Me for the manifestation of it".
So that's what I did...just became thankful and never doubted it would happen. And in time it did.
I'm tagging @SERVANTedu to read this. He isn't smoking it just goes along with something we were praying about.

SERVANTedu

May 31, 2022
Midwest-ish
teenchallengetx.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm tagging @SERVANTedu to read this. He isn't smoking it just goes along with something we were praying about.

This is so timely, I've said so much of this in my own areas of sin.

"God you took: drugs ,alcohol, foul language, and smoking from me in what felt like an instant, why do I still have this? I hate it so much and it hurts other people and it hurts you. . . I don't even care like I should or mourn like I should about this. PLEASE CHANGE ME GOD!!!!"

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is so timely, I've said so much of this in my own areas of sin.

"God you took: drugs ,alcohol, foul language, and smoking from me in what felt like an instant, why do I still have this? I hate it so much and it hurts other people and it hurts you. . . I don't even care like I should or mourn like I should about this. PLEASE CHANGE ME GOD!!!!"
I feel your pain and struggle. But how about considering this...Paul had a thorn in his side that he prayed and asked God to remove it....no one knows exactly what that thorn was, it could have been a sickness (I doubt it though), it could have been lust of the flesh...(unlikely)...it could have been pride or self-righteousness...(definitely not)....it was a messenger of Satan. Listen to what Paul said to the Church at Corinth
2 Corinthians 12 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
⁷ And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
⁸ For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
⁹ And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
¹⁰ Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Why on earth would God want us to be captive to any weakness?
To show our human side....followers of Paul's teaching attempted to exalt him as equal to Christ....so his human weakness kept him humble...and made him lean even more on the righteousness of Christ and not of his own might.

Reactions: DuckieLady

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm praying for you Good Ship that God/Jesus will grant your desires. I feel your struggles. You know not what you don't understand. I pray for you to grow in your faith, and increase in knowledge and understanding. I'm also praying for people here to be more understanding towards those who they don't share the same struggles as.

Here's two passages I want to share.

Proverbs 16:3

Psalm 37: 3-4

I hope things get better for you.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Because God's silence is the greatest trust fall you can get.

Maybe sometimes instead of "God respond back to me my world is falling apart and I can't hang on and I need some reassurance" it's better to just say "God I know you're a good father and your Word is reassurance enough."

Sometimes it is in His will for us to just do *something" and trust him with the something.
@LadyofFireandLace Reminds me of Romans 8.34; accusation falls silent, in Christ:

"Who is he that condemneth? It is Christ that died, yea rather, that is risen again, who is even at the right hand of God, who also maketh intercession for us."