Why no response from God? Please pray

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Good Ship

Sep 25, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is my credit? I’ve returned to using the nicotine and now can’t get back off of it. I’m very distressed over what has been happening to me (about the horrible problem), and God doesn’t want to help me unless I forgo using nicotine lozenges. I’m constantly victimized by the problem, day and night. But God thinks it’s more important to judge me for using nicotine lozenges rather than judge the horrible people who are causing me so much grief? Hurting others the way my abusers hurt me is much worse than using tobacco-free nicotine!

Again, where is my credit? I went two days without nicotine, having to suffer horrible head pain from withdrawals. That means I’ve earned two days of freedom from abuse, freedom from torture, freedom from being a victim, and freedom where I don’t have to deal with abusers or even see them.

I have to ask it again because God keeps ignoring my prayers, again and again: Where is my credit? I want God to stop the abusers for two days. If he can show some fairness for once by granting me a simple prayer request where all I ask is for my abusers to go away for the two days of freedom I’ve already earned, then I won’t be so distressed over what has been happening to me (the abuse) and can go on to accomplish the nicotine quit. If someone is being abused, how can they go through with the horrific pain of withdrawals in the first place? It isn’t possible.

There are a lot of hungry people in poor countries. I bet they pray to God for food, and God answers their prayers. That is probably the reason why so much foreign aid gets sent to third-world countries: It’s God answering the prayers of hungry people and giving them the food they need. If he can answer the prayers of hungry people to have to some food, why can’t God ever answer my prayers for the abuse to stop? Why on earth does he want me to somehow prove I’m worth a response by walking on eggshells and not making any so-called mistakes to get prayers answered? That doesn’t make sense.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The person in the store is not being asked to solve your problem.
True?
So, listen, for God to answer a prayer, especially one that is not a HEALING Prayer........He has to organize circumstances so that your prayer is answered.
Takes time.

For example.. .if your child is on drugs, and you ask God........"help them".
He has to change the circumstances in their life..... to make that happen.
He has to take people out of their life. He has to bring them to a place of understanding.
God is not a slot machine, whereby you put in your coin and pull the handle and the answer is instant.
Listen, some issues took 20 yrs to develop, so, God has to rearrange 20yrs of wrong, to get that Prayer answered.

FAITH does not demand God to HURRY.
Faith is expectation that God will do it, all in GOD's time, as God's timing takes time.
Exactly! :) Take care! Some things can be quicker but sometimes your situation will take time and that's why your prayer hasn't been answered yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: sue

Good Ship

Sep 25, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I earned two days of credit where I did exactly what God wanted, but God has still betrayed me! I've had to deal with horrible abuse from a monster all night tonight, and God will not make the abuse stop, and he won't get rid of the abuser. I keep crying out to God to make the abuse stop, and I make sure to tell him I've already earned his help by following his extreme rules for two days, but he won't keep his word. He keeps ignoring me and allowing the horrible abuse to continue. Where is God?

Reactions: sue

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where is my credit? I’ve returned to using the nicotine and now can’t get back off of it. I’m very distressed over what has been happening to me (about the horrible problem), and God doesn’t want to help me unless I forgo using nicotine lozenges. I’m constantly victimized by the problem, day and night. But God thinks it’s more important to judge me for using nicotine lozenges rather than judge the horrible people who are causing me so much grief? Hurting others the way my abusers hurt me is much worse than using tobacco-free nicotine!

Again, where is my credit? I went two days without nicotine, having to suffer horrible head pain from withdrawals. That means I’ve earned two days of freedom from abuse, freedom from torture, freedom from being a victim, and freedom where I don’t have to deal with abusers or even see them.

I have to ask it again because God keeps ignoring my prayers, again and again: Where is my credit? I want God to stop the abusers for two days. If he can show some fairness for once by granting me a simple prayer request where all I ask is for my abusers to go away for the two days of freedom I’ve already earned, then I won’t be so distressed over what has been happening to me (the abuse) and can go on to accomplish the nicotine quit. If someone is being abused, how can they go through with the horrific pain of withdrawals in the first place? It isn’t possible.

There are a lot of hungry people in poor countries. I bet they pray to God for food, and God answers their prayers. That is probably the reason why so much foreign aid gets sent to third-world countries: It’s God answering the prayers of hungry people and giving them the food they need. If he can answer the prayers of hungry people to have to some food, why can’t God ever answer my prayers for the abuse to stop? Why on earth does he want me to somehow prove I’m worth a response by walking on eggshells and not making any so-called mistakes to get prayers answered? That doesn’t make sense.

I'm very sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but you seem to expect that God owes you something in this life. "Where is my credit?" What credit? What have you done that our Heavenly Father has not enabled you to do? Give all glory to God; there is none for yourself. You may want to stop that line of thinking. The only thing you have earned is the eternal wrath of God for the transgressions you've committed against Him. Instead, he has graciously given you eternal life through the blood of his only Begotten Son our Lord Jesus. Even should God submit you to pain and harm for the rest of your life on this earth, you should be grateful to him for the eternal life that is yours once this brief one has ended.

You don't want to ask God to show you fairness. The result would be to condemn you to hell. I hope you will soon get sound biblical instruction from a pastor or mature believer. You come across as quite immature in God's word. I hope you will soon seek some guidance. And again, I apologize for sounding rough, but it appears that the earlier posts made no impression on your attitude toward the Lord which should be gratefulness and thanksgiving in ALL things, no matter whether they are pleasing to you knowing that your life is meant to glorify our Lord.

And our obedience doesn't ensure that God will "answer" our prayers (an inappropriate use of the actual phrase intended here which would be to grant to us our wishes. God answers all prayers, but it appears you may not have read those posts either).

Good Ship

Sep 25, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm very sorry if this comes across the wrong way, but you seem to expect that God owes you something in this life. "Where is my credit?" What credit? What have you done that our Heavenly Father has not enabled you to do? Give all glory to God; there is none for yourself. You may want to stop that line of thinking. The only thing you have earned is the eternal wrath of God for the transgressions you've committed against Him. Instead, he has graciously given you eternal life through the blood of his only Begotten Son our Lord Jesus. Even should God submit you to pain and harm for the rest of your life on this earth, you should be grateful to him for the eternal life that is yours once this brief one has ended.

You don't want to ask God to show you fairness. The result would be to condemn you to hell. I hope you will soon get sound biblical instruction from a pastor or mature believer. You come across as quite immature in God's word. I hope you will soon seek some guidance. And again, I apologize for sounding rough, but it appears that the earlier posts made no impression on your attitude toward the Lord which should be gratefulness and thanksgiving in ALL things, no matter whether they are pleasing to you knowing that your life is meant to glorify our Lord.

And our obedience doesn't ensure that God will "answer" our prayers (an inappropriate use of the actual phrase intended here which would be to grant to us our wishes. God answers all prayers, but it appears you may not have read those posts either).

I am being abused every single day and night, and the torment never ends. I cannot work, cannot attend school to get credential for a career, and cannot even have a normal, functional life; and it’s all because the horrible suffering that God will not end, no matter how many times I pray for him to end it.

Your post is not only condescending; it’s inaccurate. Let’s look at Matthew 7:9: “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”

You basically described God as a narcissist who wants endless praise and adoration; that should a faithful Christian like myself have the nerve [sic] to ask God to make the abuse stop (which never stops), then you figure I’m not praising him enough. That is not what the scriptures say about the nature of God. The above-quoted scriptures say that God, in fact, wants to answer prayer requests.

I’m stuck in complete misery, and there isn’t a way out. I cannot get rid of my abusers. They never leave me alone, and I want them gone forever. All I ask is for God to get rid of them so I can live a normal life, not be idle every day and suffer horrible abuse, praying every night for God to end it—but he never does.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am being abused every single day and night, and the torment never ends. I cannot work, cannot attend school to get credential for a career, and cannot even have a normal, functional life; and it’s all because the horrible suffering that God will not end, no matter how many times I pray for him to end it.

Your post is not only condescending; it’s inaccurate. Let’s look at Matthew 7:9: “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”

You basically described God as a narcissist who wants endless praise and adoration; that should a faithful Christian like myself have the nerve [sic] to ask God to make the abuse stop (which never stops), then you figure I’m not praising him enough. That is not what the scriptures say about the nature of God. The above-quoted scriptures say that God, in fact, wants to answer prayer requests.

I’m stuck in complete misery, and there isn’t a way out. I cannot get rid of my abusers. They never leave me alone, and I want them gone forever. All I ask is for God to get rid of them so I can live a normal life, not be idle every day and suffer horrible abuse, praying every night for God to end it—but he never does.
He is giving you bread and not a stone. You have to trust that is what it is. My explanation is entirely Biblical. Look at Job. Your life isn't over yet. Also look at the countless other saints who have suffered while still trusting in God. I can't help you if you think you can demand anything from God and not understand that his gift of eternal life is something which, should you have nothing else but misery in this life, should be enough to praise him. I hope, like I said before, you will seek guidance from nature believers.

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your mistake is in thinking you know what is best for yourself when you don't. I don't say this lightly either. I certainly can't understand why our Heavenly Father took my husband from me unexpectedly at such a young age; it seems entirely cruel of God to do that. And he has not given me much other earthly happiness to replace him. But I trust in Him and lean not on my own understanding. As Job said, "Though he slay me, yet will I trust him."

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
He is giving you bread and not a stone. You have to trust that is what it is. My explanation is entirely Biblical. Look at Job. Your life isn't over yet. Also look at the countless other saints who have suffered while still trusting in God. I can't help you if you think you can demand anything from God and not understand that his gift of eternal life is something which, should you have nothing else but misery in this life, should be enough to praise him. I hope, like I said before, you will seek guidance from nature believers.
@dhh712 I like how Job says: "Thou He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (Job 13.15).

Reactions: dhh712

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Have you ever prayed to God and felt like you were praying to a statue? For the last two days, I have been making the same prayer to God. Unfortunately he refuses to respond, so it feels like I’m talking to a rock.

I know God hears me, so it’s not that I’m praying to an inanimate object; it’s that God is ignoring me. It’s very rude of him to treat me like this.

The night before last, I prayed to God and ask him to please keep his word. I did what God wanted, so all I wanted him to do is show some good faith for once and do what he said he was going to do, not hurt me and make me mad. Unfortunately he refused to keep his word again and instead chose to let harm happen to me.

I prayed last night. During this time (actually for the whole day), I felt hostile towards God for not only refusing to keep his word, but also for refusing to tell me why he lied to me. So last night I told God to please keep his word this time because I did exactly why he wanted, but again he didn’t. In fact, it got worse…

Instead of keeping his promise, he decided to let harm happen to me. But God told me he would remove the harm if I did what he wanted, not allow it to increase.

I’m so mad at God for what he has done. And the sad thing is that he won’t tell me why. I’ve been treated so badly, and I just want it to stop. God said it will stop, but only when I do what he wants, and I did. But the harm continued. I want to know why, but God refuses to communicate. Instead he ignores me.

Please everyone pray and tell God to answer my prayers for once.

This may not be received well but it’s nevertheless something which should be taken into consideration. By posting it I’m not drawing any conclusions about your circumstance.

Here it is:

God may not - I said may not, I don’t know - be listening to your prayer.

Before you rush to pick up stones to rock me, examine yourself. This article may help you.

Six Reasons Why God May Not Listen to Our Prayers | Open the Bible

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
@Angelina It shows real faith, indeed! :)
Lot's of difficult situations where trusting in God has been necessary. I do not blame God during the hard times in my personal walk with him. I am thankful that he is teachng me how to rely on him more. He knows the beginning from the end and what's around the corner. Doors will open or close but God, my God remains the same. Faithful and true xox

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lot's of difficult situations where trusting in God has been necessary. I do not blame God during the hard times in my personal walk with him. I am thankful that he is teachng me how to rely on him more. He knows the beginning from the end and what's around the corner. Doors will open or close but God, my God remains the same. Faithful and true xox
@Angelina Reminds me of the hymn: 'Great is Thy faithfulness', based as it is on Lamentations 3.23. :)

dhh712

Jun 12, 2022
Gettysburg
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@dhh712 I like how Job says: "Thou He slay me, yet will I trust in Him" (Job 13.15).
That is one of my favorite verses too. D.H. Hill wrote that verse to his wife once in a letter; he had such a tragic life (lost four of his nine children amongst other things). It sure may feel as though God is killing us, but we must trust him nonetheless and know that no matter how we feel it is his word that is true not our feelings, the way we perceive things (Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding; I believe that is in Proverbs).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I earned two days of credit where I did exactly what God wanted, but God has still betrayed me!
@Good Ship How do you earn credit? If somebody has told you that you need to earn credit, then they have lied to you - even if they are somebody your respect.

And be very sure that God NEVER betrays anyone. So again, you have listened to lies.

I make sure to tell him I've already earned his help by following his extreme rules for two days, but he won't keep his word. He keeps ignoring me and allowing the horrible abuse to continue. Where is God?
Again, that is all lies of the enemy. If you are born again and Spirit filled - and even if you're not - God does not expect you to follow extreme rules that cause you such distress. He has set you free and you do not have to carry the heavy burden of guilt. God may require you to give up nicotine, but this is not how he would go about it. I think you must be getting these lies from a man and not from God. Get out of whatever group is telling you these lies - fast.

And if you aren't sure about being born again and filled with the Holy Spirit, who is a person not just a 'force', then please let us help.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever prayed to God and felt like you were praying to a statue? For the last two days, I have been making the same prayer to God. Unfortunately he refuses to respond, so it feels like I’m talking to a rock.

I know God hears me, so it’s not that I’m praying to an inanimate object; it’s that God is ignoring me. It’s very rude of him to treat me like this.

The night before last, I prayed to God and ask him to please keep his word. I did what God wanted, so all I wanted him to do is show some good faith for once and do what he said he was going to do, not hurt me and make me mad. Unfortunately he refused to keep his word again and instead chose to let harm happen to me.

I prayed last night. During this time (actually for the whole day), I felt hostile towards God for not only refusing to keep his word, but also for refusing to tell me why he lied to me. So last night I told God to please keep his word this time because I did exactly why he wanted, but again he didn’t. In fact, it got worse…

Instead of keeping his promise, he decided to let harm happen to me. But God told me he would remove the harm if I did what he wanted, not allow it to increase.

I’m so mad at God for what he has done. And the sad thing is that he won’t tell me why. I’ve been treated so badly, and I just want it to stop. God said it will stop, but only when I do what he wants, and I did. But the harm continued. I want to know why, but God refuses to communicate. Instead he ignores me.

Please everyone pray and tell God to answer my prayers for once.

I can’t pretend to know why some prayers don’t get answered. I thought about you last night going to sleep, and couldn’t sleep thinking about you. For example a young person being sexually or physically abused night after night…I don’t understand why as the cry for God to remove them from the situation, why the situation continues. While I haven’t experienced the abuse you speak of (and I don’t know what that abuse is like), but I do understand being angry with God because I’ve been there.

please consider what you may have been conditioned to believe by your torment …that you must comply and give up something (even if it is your value) to your attacker or the message is that your not worth love or kindness or stopping the abuse for. You mentioned later in the thread how angry you are the while you suffer abuse..God is micro focused or nit-picking at your tobacco use. Personally, I don’t think that is Gods voice at all, but instead the message of your tormentor. Like children who have to earn some how an easing up from their abuse…as if you do this and do well then I will go light on you. I do not think that is Gods voice. I don’t say that to criticize because I’ve struggle so much with what is Gods voice, and what is another. To me…it is your torment that refuses your prayer, or pleading or trying to bargain with torment(just give me two days without it), which torment can’t be bargained with because it don’t care for you. But I do think God cares for you. The voice that says you are not worth love unless you give me what I want…consider deeply is the of God? I say this hoping you will consider whom you are really angry with? Don’t give up on God. I truly think he is not-picking at your flaws in the face of torment and saying “ha!” You didn’t do as I asked now take your torment like a champ. God is mercy, love, and Grace which can’t be bargained with in my opinion because the answer is already “Yes” without bargain which separates God from what you hate (Imo) which is the torment.

Last edited: