Why nobody understand the Three Angels Message

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are people on both sides of that question if you have never heard it being discussed on forums. Some say it is literal while other say it is a parable.

Whatever it is that is written in scripture likely has in it a message from God for people, but the message may be different for different circumstances for different believers at different levels of their walk with God. The Body of Christ consists of many members with various functions all who are supposed to be subject to the Head of the Body which is Jesus. The message is sent to one part of the Body so that it may do something the Body needs in accord with that member's function.

When all of the Body of Christ is fully mature then each part will always understand perfectly the message received and act accordingly. We know that now maturity is not accomplished for some would be or should be part of the Body of Christ and so they do not receive that right interpretation of the message... But before the end all of the errors and misunderstandings and improper interpretations will be gone... But that is not yet, is it? Maybe some may be more ready than others...

Again: "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12
That actually makes sense.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no reason "then" cannot be today too imo
For you perhaps or for me perhaps, but if not all of the Body of Christ is exactly where it supposed to be will that affect you or me as well?

Consider that Jesus was perfect in Spirit and in Word throughout his life as a man. To be the Head of the Body of Christ he had to complete his own time here as a man of flesh subjected to the temptations of the flesh as men are. When he was ready to be the Head, how ready was all of his Body to perform perfectly their parts?

So now the Head is ready, but when will the complete Body of Christ be ready to function fully and perfectly according to God's will. You say it could be today and I do agree, but how much control do you or I have over the remaining parts of the Body?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You say it could be today and I do agree, but how much control do you or I have over the remaining parts of the Body?
i say it is today, and those parts you are referencing are not parts of the Body anyway. The Body of Christ is alive and well, stronger than ever, literally breaking out everywhere, we are even in revival right now.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i say it is today, and those parts you are referencing are not parts of the Body anyway. The Body of Christ is alive and well, stronger than ever, literally breaking out everywhere, we are even in revival right now.
Yes, it is alive, but is it complete? Will none of those born to women or who are yet to be born to women also to be a part of the Body of Christ? This is something to understand perhaps and especially until we understand better time as our friend @ScottA explains it. The Body may in Light of Scott's explanation be complete, but what if my little part or your little part needs some work before being added to the Body or before fulfilling or complete function within the Body? This is why looking beyond today may even cause us a problem:

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matt 6:33-34

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but what if my little part or your little part needs some work before being added to the Body
anyone believing this should read about Jonah imo, that is what that story is for i think
i guess God can't even use those ppl, that have "improved themselves for God?" not sure why not though.
prolly what @H. Richard is trying to say i guess, but i would add judgement of works to that.
Our "saved/lost" model is hopelessly broken, and we should reflect more on "fireproof/flammable works." imo

i guess the prob there is it conflicts with other doctrines that Tomorrow People believe, dunno. Maybe HR can chime in now

now i'm sure that those who have changed their minds are also maturing with age, sure, but imo we are either acting in the Body or not, with every next decision.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
anyone believing this should read about Jonah imo, that is what that story is for i think
i guess God can't even use those ppl, that have "improved themselves for God?" not sure why not though.
prolly what @H. Richard is trying to say i guess, but i would add judgement of works to that.
Our "saved/lost" model is hopelessly broken, and we should reflect more on "fireproof/flammable works." imo

i guess the prob there is it conflicts with other doctrines that Tomorrow People believe, dunno. Maybe HR can chime in now

now i'm sure that those who have changed their minds are also maturing with age, sure, but imo we are either acting in the Body or not, with every next decision.
Well we are where we are right now, and I hope not to be running away with Jonah. I cannot speak for other parts. The Head is in place and sending signals to the Body as needed. Are the parts receiving or understanding the message sent? Are we working as we should be working? Today is the day that the Lord hath made. Let tomorrow worry about tomorrow.

Reactions: Helen and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well we are where we are right now, and I hope not to be running away with Jonah. I cannot speak for other parts. The Head is in place and sending signals to the Body as needed. Are the parts receiving or understanding the message sent? Are we working as we should be working? Today is the day that the Lord hath made. Let tomorrow worry about tomorrow.
yup. fwiw i would say that following Jonah can also be accomplished in other ways though.
One central lesson there might be "don't run from what is obviously put in front of you."
that Jonah did not want to "go to Nineveh" becomes a commentary about where we choose to serve imo

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yup. fwiw i would say that following Jonah can also be accomplished in other ways though.
One central lesson there might be "don't run from what is obviously put in front of you."
that Jonah did not want to "go to Nineveh" becomes a commentary about where we choose to serve imo
Yes, indeed! Not enough people relate to that as being a lesson to themselves.

Reactions: Helen