Why nobody understand the Three Angels Message

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One day you remember what you just have say.

default_smile.png
I might.....but than again I might not, because this current world will no longer be remembered, nor even come to mind in the world that is to come.

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
Don't bother to write about the trinity.
We on this Site have had MANY many trinity threads....Please don't think you are the first person who has come onto this Site thinking that we need to be taught about the pro's and con's of the trinity. Trust me..there has already been many.
You don't have to read it. It is only for the one that Jesus has called, who is here reading this message anonymous.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The majority who trusted their Heart, lied that somebody ela has broke their heart. Bible teached never trust your heart.
Most certainly we need to follow the Lord so that He will remake our heart. The heart of the Old man of us is not a good thing.
Give God the glory!

Reactions: Pipiripi

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I do not understand this comment?o_O
ah, i knew i saw this Q somewhere last night!

something about a lot of cross-pollination between Catholic...clergy, i guess, and Pent clergy? Dunno if it is restricted to clergy or not; come to think of it i was raised Pent, and ended up at Catholic Charities hmm, even if i wasn't seeking dogma at that point. I would have to say that i've learned quite a bit from both disciplines tho

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
When did the lake of fire, New Heaven, and New Earth happen? Who were the two witnesses, and what did the number 666 end up meaning?
your belief in the Easter Bunny might be said to now be "in the lake of fire." unless you are propagating it anyway
new heaven might be one's final understanding of the concept "heaven," say, as a state of being, v what most ppl initially believe, a place. and new earth might be explained by the 'describe your life to someone living 100 years ago' thing.

the two witnesses i don't get yet, but i highly suspect that they are not actual people. I'd love to have a thread on it with ppl who are not convinced that they know someday. We "kill" parts of ourselves in order to get along in the world, and in following Christ--which let's be honest, we're all fence-sitters here, right, no one here has given everything they own away, and walked out their front door in search of Christ, i bet--our witnesses maybe wake up? We do Xmas ("giving gifts to each other") until then?

you are said to be a triune, stated in a couple diff ways, 666 might be a description of a person who is committed heart, mind, and gut to doing evil, although there might be other valid interps

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
your belief in the Easter Bunny might be said to now be "in the lake of fire." unless you are propagating it anyway
new heaven might be one's final understanding of the concept "heaven," say, as a state of being, v what most ppl initially believe, a place. and new earth might be explained by the 'describe your life to someone living 100 years ago' thing.

the two witnesses i don't get yet, but i highly suspect that they are not actual people. I'd love to have a thread on it with ppl who are not convinced that they know someday. We "kill" parts of ourselves in order to get along in the world, and in following Christ--which let's be honest, we're all fence-sitters here, right, no one here has given everything they own away, and walked out their front door in search of Christ, i bet--our witnesses maybe wake up? We do Xmas ("giving gifts to each other") until then?

you are said to be a triune, stated in a couple diff ways, 666 might be a description of a person who is committed heart, mind, and gut to doing evil, although there might be other valid interps
It just seems like you think everything in the Bible is figurative. Obviously some things are, but not everything. What do you think about the recent archaeological find of a clay seal that is most likely Isaiah's signature? That's evidence of something from the Bible that is real and tangible. Not just a made-up parable to teach us a lesson.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It just seems like you think everything in the Bible is figurative. Obviously some things are, but not everything.
i would state that more like the Bible is speaking in parables to a spiritual perspective, and stuff like "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household" is more likely referring to me recognizing my demons than me suspecting family members of plotting against me or something. Might they also be literally true, sure! the physical descends from the spiritual, right? On earth as it is in heaven

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
What do you think about the recent archaeological find of a clay seal that is most likely Isaiah's signature? That's evidence of something from the Bible that is real and tangible. Not just a made-up parable to teach us a lesson.
hey, those are cool, but blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have faith. Demonstrating to some guy who is robbing you that they can have some other stuff too, if they want it, if you're hungry i can make you a samwich to go, too, is a much more profound discovery to me than finding some physical proof of the relevance of Scripture, not that i don't think that's cool if verified.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
blessed are those who have not seen, and yet have faith
such a...well, dialectic way to state blessings, after all of the "seeing you do not see" stuff, innit? After all of the exhorting to open our eye/eyes, and see? I'm getting from you that i don't even have to tell you that there is a whole other thing going on right underneath the surface of any situation that we might find ourselves in, that we can literally observe with our eye, and then our eyes, too, once we know what to look for

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It just seems like you think everything in the Bible is figurative. Obviously some things are, but not everything.
so then imo, we are raised to read the Bible logically, as a literal history of the past. But we can just as easily accept as a premise that everything in the Bible is figurative, and meant to be applied to ourselves, without forgetting that there might also be some literal stuff in There, too. It will become obvious enough what should be taken literally imo. You might even see spiritual apps at one herenow, and literal ones in another, right

And there are other approaches that will bear fruit, that IRL even suggests are true; wherever you read "you" in the Bible, assume it means "you all," that was an interesting study. Assume it means "your nation." Question your definitions, iow, and if they were provided to you by someone who knows, suspect them; the definitions i mean, not the person necessarily.

If you ever gave that person any money, reflect on how that might alter your perceptions of their info. If they ever asked for any money, reflect on that, and how that is diff from the other one. etc. And don't get me wrong, i've sent lots of money to many ministries, i'm not saying that is evil or a bad thing; i'm saying that we tend to accept some belief, and then become blind to any new info/truth that might challenge the belief, and we then fail the first to tell his side seems right, until another comes and cross examines him. We don't allow the cross, iow. hmm, that was unintended, but hmm

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would state that more like the Bible is speaking in parables to a spiritual perspective, and stuff like "a man's enemies will be the members of his own household" is more likely referring to me recognizing my demons than me suspecting family members of plotting against me or something. Might they also be literally true, sure! the physical descends from the spiritual, right? On earth as it is in heaven
Like I said, some things in the Bible are obviously figurative. But definitely not everything. In the gospels, for instance, it's pretty clear when Jesus is telling a parable, and when a passage is an account of an actual thing that happened. I believe in the Old Testament, certain events or people were types and shadows to foreshadow the coming Messiah or our salvation, but that doesn't mean the people didn't exist and the events didn't happen. The Bible teaches that when Moses led the Israelites on dry ground across the Red Sea, and they made it to the other side, while their enemies were destroyed, that was a type and shadow of what happens with us when we're baptized ( 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ). But that doesn't mean that it was just a parable, Moses didn't exist, and he didn't really lead the Israelites through the Red Sea. He really did exist, and the event really did happen, yet it was also ordained to give us an example of the work that Christ does within us when we're baptized.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Like I said, some things in the Bible are obviously figurative. But definitely not everything. In the gospels, for instance, it's pretty clear when Jesus is telling a parable, and when a passage is an account of an actual thing that happened. I believe in the Old Testament, certain events or people were types and shadows to foreshadow the coming Messiah or our salvation, but that doesn't mean the people didn't exist and the events didn't happen. The Bible teaches that when Moses led the Israelites on dry ground across the Red Sea, and they made it to the other side, while their enemies were destroyed, that was a type and shadow of what happens with us when we're baptized ( 1 Corinthians 10:1-4 ). But that doesn't mean that it was just a parable, Moses didn't exist, and he didn't really lead the Israelites through the Red Sea. He really did exist, and the event really did happen, yet it was also ordained to give us an example of the work that Christ does within us when we're baptized.
nothing wrong with this as a premise, imo. i might prefer Reed Sea, esp for the ref to reeds, but really the literal truth of the matter is of little consequence to me now, i guess.

Christ plainly stated that He came that we might have life, more abundantly, so i would at least contemplate using that as a premise for Bible reading, and incorporate that Scripture is likely written so that It might be seen and not seen, It's truths hidden from the wise, etc

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We don't have to decipher what is a parable, and what isn't. The Bible is more than explicit in telling us that Jesus NEVER spoke to the crowds EXCEPT in parables.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
We don't have to decipher what is a parable, and what isn't. The Bible is more than explicit in telling us that Jesus NEVER spoke to the crowds EXCEPT in parables.

good point - so how does He speak to us - how will we interpret and/or who will interpret for us - twinc

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba

I wrote just a little about this.
666 is the name of a man. This is his name. VICARIUS FILII DEI "Latin"
V=5 F=0 D=500
I =1 I=1 E=0
C=100 L=50 I=1
A=0 I=1 501 112
R=0 I=1 53
I=1 53 501 +
U(V)=5 666
S=0
VICARIUS FILII DEI means, "VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD"

The two witnesses is symbolic language. They represent WORD OF GOD, The Law and the Prophets - a SYMBOL of Moses and Elijah. Need more proof? (Ask me).

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
good point - so how does He speak to us - how will we interpret and/or who will interpret for us - twinc
Are any of us "a crowd?" Should we expect to hear from Jesus (now that He lives inside us) in Parabolic Stories? Jesus came then, and now, to individuals in various ways.

Reactions: Dcopymope

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
Are any of us "a crowd?" Should we expect to hear from Jesus (now that He lives inside us) in Parabolic Stories? Jesus came then, and now, to individuals in various ways.

no. no that is what He did in the days of old but now He has spoken to us through His Son[Heb 1:1] - it is important to know and note it says has spoken not speaks imho - twinc

Pipiripi

Feb 27, 2018
Oranje stad
Faith
Christian
Country
Aruba
My friend your Bible interpreted itself, always REMEMBER when you study the Bible you must go in the past and get in the shoes of the apostles and others. You are a Christian a disciple of Jesus. You don't need the parables because Jesus has explained the meanings already for you in the Bible.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
My friend your Bible interpreted itself, always REMEMBER when you study the Bible you must go in the past and get in the shoes of the apostles and others. You are a Christian a disciple of Jesus. You don't need the parables because Jesus has explained the meanings already for you in the Bible.

empty, meaningless words do not account for the many different interpretations - twinc

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I wrote just a little about this.
666 is the name of a man. This is his name. VICARIUS FILII DEI "Latin"
V=5 F=0 D=500
I =1 I=1 E=0
C=100 L=50 I=1
A=0 I=1 501 112
R=0 I=1 53
I=1 53 501 +
U(V)=5 666
S=0
VICARIUS FILII DEI means, "VICAR OF THE SON OF GOD"

The two witnesses is symbolic language. They represent WORD OF GOD, The Law and the Prophets - a SYMBOL of Moses and Elijah. Need more proof? (Ask me).
what would the ppl giving each other gifts there rep, do you think?