Why OSAS teaches all sins already forgiven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Its the NT that teaches that all sin is forgiven already. HOWEVER< this forgiveness must be applied to you by God, based on your FAITH in Christ.
Paul teaches in : Hebrews 10, that Jesus is the "one time etenral sacrifice for ALL sin".
And in 2nd Corinthisans 5 Paul teaches that God does not hold sin against anyone who is born again, and also in Chapter 5, teaches that Jesus bore the sin of the world.
IN Romans 4:8 Paul teaches again, that God does not charge the born again with any sin.

The sin issue, is in the life of a person who is not saved, or if they are saved, its a lack of renewed mind issue, whereby they have not understood who they have become as a "new creation in Christ".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh YIPES...
IN one fell swoop, you just completely negated the validity of being Crucified DEAD...with Christ Jesus.

Utterly and completely disagree with you.
I spend NOT ONE moment tying to save myself.
I am already Sav-ED according to Gods order, will and way.
reread what I said. I believe I am saved also.

if we think we are not truly saved until after we die. then like I said. we are not really saved at all

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
reread what I said. I believe I am saved also.

if we think we are not truly saved until after we die. then like I said. we are not really saved at all

That is false.
Salvation is a GIFT from God, GIVEN TO MEN...WHO, DO what Jesus did....WILLINGLY Give their BODILY life unto DEATH TO God, FOR their testament of complete devotion to God Above ALL other things.

Does any man have ANYTHING of higher worth to them than their Bodily LIFE.

Ever hear a person say, they love another person SO MUCH they would DIE FOR them?

Ever hear a mother say, holding her dying child, they would rather DIE for their child, so their child could live?

Ever notice the BILLIONS of dollars men spend to KEEP their Body’s Alive?

Ever notice Gods covenant requirement with ISRAEL....Gods promise and Israels little token...A foreskin of their living flesh, cut off, given DEAD, as agreement they would BE SAVED?

When a man GIVES His LIFE crucified DEAD with Christ Jesus...
Does Scripture ANYWHERE, say...pfff...just joking?...A man giving his Life unto to death crucified with Christ Jesus....means nothing?

All the men DURING the Tribulation....who Believed when the Trib begins, who come to Belief during the Trib.....WILL decide THEN...to Willingly Give their Bodily Life to God.....or not, and be killed anyway, without having given their Life to God...and without receiving Salvation.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is false.
so when God said I am sabved. I am not really saved?

So when God says I have eternal life. I do not really have it?

So when God said I will never die. I can still die?

Which is it. your confusing me..
Salvation is a GIFT from God, GIVEN TO MEN...WHO, DO what Jesus did....WILLINGLY Give their BODILY life unto DEATH TO God, FOR their testament of complete devotion to God Above ALL other things.
Then it is not a gift my friend. It is a downpayment for future service..
Does any man have ANYTHING of higher worth to them than their Bodily LIFE.
Your body life will not save you from any sin.. let alone the sins you will commit
Ever hear a person say, they love another person SO MUCH they would DIE FOR them?

Ever hear a mother say, holding her dying child, they would rather DIE for their child, so their child could live?

Ever notice the BILLIONS of dollars men spend to KEEP their Body’s Alive?

Ever notice Gods covenant requirement with ISRAEL....Gods promise and Israels little token...A foreskin of their living flesh, cut off, given DEAD, as agreement they would BE SAVED?

When a man GIVES His LIFE crucified DEAD with Christ Jesus...
Does Scripture ANYWHERE, say...pfff...just joking?...A man giving his Life unto to death crucified with Christ Jesus....means nothing?

All the men DURING the Tribulation....who Believed when the Trib begins, who come to Belief during the Trib.....WILL decide THEN...to Willingly Give their Bodily Life to God.....or not, and be killed anyway, without having given their Life to God...and without receiving Salvation.

which is it.

am I saved.

or am I trying to save myself. I am being honest when I say I am confused as to what you really believe

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was talking to those who think once we are saved we are sinless.

It proves we are not truly sinless. and we can fall into self

Sinful is a “condition” of the Flesh...All human earthly flesh IS SINFUL.

Some have Forgiven Covered sin flesh.
Some have sinful flesh, that is neither forgiven or covered.

IF you fall to self...I guess you are speaking of BEHAVIOR, things men do.

Not sure how you are tying in behaviors, among men.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ignoring “devout followers”....what about “the Converted” ?

Do you know men “Converted IN Christ”...who sin...ever?
A distinction without a difference.

In having this conversation, I feel like I am not using your special mystical words to describe a group of humans - who are sinful, by definition - in a manner you prefer.

To summarize the Gospel, by accepting Christ, we get a heart transplant. We no longer have the desire to sin, for the most part. However, we remain sometimes tempted and 'slip off the wagon' from time to time. I apologize for wrong doing more now that I've been saved than before - even though I do far less sinful things, I am far more sensitive to and convicted by it.

This is not the Gospel; Christianity creates a new life form that looks human but lacks the capacity to sin. This is the OSAS gospel, a false gospel. It's not that I need Christ that one day that I was born again and now I am 'good to go.' I need Christ more each day that I follow where he leads.

Only we can turn to God and ask for forgiveness. And only we can abuse that forgiveness. It is not a power God choices to exercise over us. Your position is that once we turn <insert mystical words here, e.g., saved, reborn, “Converted IN Christ”> we either:
  1. Become incapable of sinning;
  2. Can sin with impunity.

IF this does not accurately identify OSAS, please enlighten me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so when God said I am sabved. I am not really saved?

So when God says I have eternal life. I do not really have it?

So when God said I will never die. I can still die?

Which is it. your confusing me..

Then it is not a gift my friend. It is a downpayment for future service..

Your body life will not save you from any sin.. let alone the sins you will commit

which is it.

am I saved.

or am I trying to save myself. I am being honest when I say I am confused as to what you really believe

Physical death is one thing. It is the cession, ending of life in and of the Body.
ALL Body’s SHALL physically DIE.

Spiritual death is another thing. It is being divided Away FROM God.
In the end of days, ALL life divided Away FROM God, SHALL Be forever “SEPARATED” from God.

Earthly men are NOT naturally born “WITH” God.
They ARE naturally born DIVIDED From God.
* They can grow, age, mature, eat, sleep, work, play, marry, be friendly, help others, be mean, not like to be around people, be a hermit, be happy, be content, Worship the sun, believe in gods, not believe in gods, whatever, freewill...
* That person IS divided FROM God.
* In the judgement day, that person will FOR EVER be Separated FROM God.

IF YOU have Confessed TO the Lord, your Belief in the Lord God Almighty, AND Willingly Laid down your life, crucified with Christ Jesus...
YOU ARE “saved”...
YOU ARE already “Separated”...called “sanctified”.
YOUR Sins (against God for not having believed) Are forgiven
YOUR sins are covered with Gods Internal Spirit, Light, and remembered no more.
YOUR are KEPT, by the Power of God.
Never again can you SIN AGAINST God, which means NEVER AGAIN can you DO what you ONCE DID....’ie...not believe IN the Lord God Almighty”
You ARE NOT APPOINTED, to suffer Gods Tribulations and Wrath, that God Shall send down from Heaven upon The Whole face of the earth.
* Thus the Rapture. Being taken up off the face of the Earth.
* Same thing, that occurred with Faithful Noah...
* God send down from Heaven His Tribulations and Wrath upon the whole earth, and everything on the face of the earth DIED, separated FROM God.
* And where was Noah? Above the face of the earth, on the face of the waters, some 22+ feet Above the mountain peaks. (I think there are clouds up there!!)

Gen 6:
[5] And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

[7] And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

[8] But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
(Do you think any men who confesses belief, lay down their life for the Lord is a man like Noah...worthy of Gods Grace?)

[11] The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

[13] And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.

Gen 7:
[17] And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.

Gen 7:
[18] And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.

Gen 7:
[20] Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Gen 7:
[21] And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

Do you SEE the violence, corruption, running rampant upon the Earth.
The governing men, be they a politician or preacher, promoting, ungodly things?

Eph 1:
[9] The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun.

The world is out of control. Chaos, Violence, Crime, Shortages, Weird weather patterns, public, tv, internet, nakedness, sex corruption of, with, TO children common place and openly promoted and being widely acceptable...
IF you can notice it...so does God.

God WAS disgusted, with men on the face of the earth.
If you think you fit with that crowd...they sure, you would be among those ON the face of the earth...
Me...I opted for being IN Gods Grace...similar to Noah, who prepared BeFORE Gods Tribulations and Wrath destroyed the inhabitants upon the face of the earth.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinful is a “condition” of the Flesh...All human earthly flesh IS SINFUL.

Some have Forgiven Covered sin flesh.
Some have sinful flesh, that is neither forgiven or covered.

IF you fall to self...I guess you are speaking of BEHAVIOR, things men do.

Not sure how you are tying in behaviors, among men.
Sinless perfectionists think we no longer sin. If we do we are not really saved.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A distinction without a difference.

In having this conversation, I feel like I am not using your special mystical words to describe a group of humans - who are sinful, by definition - in a manner you prefer.

What supposed “mythical” words do you have issue with...in describing “any humans”?

Mankind? Terrestrials? Earthy? Saved? Born again? Converted? IN Christ? ALL Biblical terms. Nothing mystical! Perhaps search the scriptures before you accuse.

However, we remain sometimes tempted and 'slip off the wagon' from time to time.

Sometimes you slip off the wagon and STOP Believing? Deny God? Speak to encourage others to Not Believe?

Fascinating.

IF this does not accurately identify OSAS, please enlighten me.

Already did.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sinless perfectionists think we no longer sin. If we do we are not really saved.

I NO LONGER SIN. I CAN NOT.

It is NOT about other mens claims, but rather FACTS.
I gave my body crucified with Christ Jesus...

So, HOW does a DEAD BODY SIN?

Rom 6
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I NO LONGER SIN. I CAN NOT.

It is NOT about other mens claims, but rather FACTS.
I gave my body crucified with Christ Jesus...

So, HOW does a DEAD BODY SIN?

Rom 6
[7] For he that is dead is freed from sin.
If we say we have no sin we decieve ourselves

Your flesh is not dead.. It still lives, as long as it Is alive, it can still serve self

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“devout” followers sin?

“…when I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; if he turn from his sin, and do that which is lawful and right… walk in the statutes of life, without committing iniquity; he shall surely live, he shall not die. None of his sins that he hath committed shall be mentioned unto him: he hath done that which is lawful and right; he shall surely live.” (Ezekiel 33:14-16)

So God just says crazy things like this because no one can ever stop sinning?
Referencing the old covenant to justify your position because it is not correct doctrine. Why was the Old Covenant replaced? Because after 1700 years, the evidence was in. People could not meet the conditional if statement in Ezekiel.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sometimes you slip off the wagon and STOP Believing?

Fascinating.

It is the story of mankind. The Spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. My actions sometimes show that I am human and do not live the faith as fully as I should. For instance, I noticed you did not answer my A or B question and I don't feel as grace filled as I could.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People could not meet the conditional if statement in Ezekiel

Do you realize what your saying?

Implying that God caused the murder of people in the Old Testament for sin they could never stop doing?

You are willing to turn God into an unjust being with a crazy statement like that?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Eternally Grateful
If we say we have no sin we deceive ourselves

What does that have to do with our conversation?
Did someone say “they have no sin”?

Your flesh is not dead.. It still lives, as long as it Is alive, it can still serve self

That is what the world SEES.
That I presume is what you would See.

However, I am more concerned with what God Sees, and what Gods books and records Say.