Why Satan Will Be the Final Antichrist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, the falling star in the initial verses of Revelation 9 is Satan (as he is cast down to earth in Revelation 12:7-9)
Yeah, I never said that 'star' that fell per Rev.9:1 was not Satan. So what' up?

In his wrath, Satan will open the bottomless pit and the flesh tormenting locust creatures emerge and torment the inhabiters of the earth for 5 months. They will have a king over them named Abaddon, called the angel of the bottomless pit.
Have you not studied the Book of Joel about those locusts for the end? It's just a metaphor dude, for a people, a certain nation of people, i.e., Satan's workers on earth. Joel 2 especially reveals them using that locust army metaphor. They are the ones with teeth like lions there per Joel 1. In essence, the locusts represent Satan's workers that bring together the globalist aims of the Rev.13:1 world beast kingdom of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns.

They are given control over everything on earth for the end. Thus Joel 2 shows they operate like an invincible army in battle array, and if one in the front row falls, another simply fills up the gap. And if they are struck by a sword, they don't die. By that we know God is simply using those as metaphors, and that locust army only represents a certain group of world controllers over the earth for the end, like those who worship Lucifer.

Satan is that king of the bottomless pit. His name Apollyon there in Rev.9 is from the Greek root word apollumi for 'perdition'.

The reason why Abaddon is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" in that part of Revelation 9 is to distinguish him from the falling star angel in the initial verses of Revelation 9- which is Satan.

I disagree.
Abaddon and Apollyon are both titles for Satan himself. Satan is that king, and angel over the bottomless pit. Trying to create another entity out of that is confusion of that Scripture.

Satan - the falling star angel
Abaddon - the angel king over the tormenting locust creatures.

Again, NO, I disagree. Both is about Satan only.

------------------------------------------

The bottomless pit is kinda like a prison for certain evil beings to keep them harming anyone. Satan is not yet in that bottomless pit prison. But when Jesus returns, Satan will be cast into the bottomless pit prison for a thousand years, until his final destination - the lake of fire.

I well understand what the "bottomless pit", or "abyss" is. Isaiah 42:7 referred to it as a type prison where those in it sit in darkness. That was prophecy that Jesus would lead those out at His 1st coming. 1 Peter 3 & 4 shows Jesus did that, preached The Gospel to the 'dead' "spirits in prison".

So yeah, it's a type of heavenly prison, because it is... in the heavenly dimension of spirit, and not our flesh dimension.

Yes, Rev.20 does show when Jesus returns, Satan will then be locked in chains in his pit prison. Isaiah 14 even says that we will look over in the pit at him, and say, "Is this the man that...". But after the "thousand years", Satan will be loosed one final time to go tempt the unsaved nations. Then he will lead the rebellious to go up against the "camp of the saints" on earth, and that... is when God will rain fire down upon him and those with them, and he will be cast to the "lake of fire" and destroyed forever.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I never said that 'star' that fell per Rev.9:1 was not Satan. So what' up?

Satan is that king of the bottomless pit. His name Apollyon there in Rev.9 is from the Greek root word apollumi for 'perdition'.
Abaddon and Apollyon are both titles for Satan himself. Satan is that king, and angel over the bottomless pit. Trying to create another entity out of that is confusion of that Scripture.
Davy, the falling star from heaven in Revelation 9:1 is Satan. When Satan is cast down, he releases Abaddon from the bottomless pit.

So Satan cannot be Abaddon.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you one who wonders at who the following "beast" is that will make war against the Church at the very end of this world? Has Christ given you spiritual ears to hear, and eyes to see, to understand the below Scripture? Or are you constantly floating from one denominational doctrine of men to another, and never coming to an understanding of the below?

Rev 11:7-8
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony,
the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
KJV

Rev 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

Men's doctrines, which comes from their carnal fleshy minds only, cannot grasp this deeper matter in God's Word about this "beast" that will ascend out of the bottomless pit and eventually go into perdition of the future "lake of fire".

That is why when those men do see this "beast" that will come at the very end of this world, they will "wonder" at his identity. Those men will not be any closer in figuring out his identity when they see him physically at the end, than they are today with trying to figure out who he is. This is why if you listen to those men who "wonder" at that "beast" (Antichrist), and believe what they say, you could be led to deception with them with falling away to that coming "beast", the final Antichrist, at the end of this world, thinking he is our Lord Jesus Christ.

Lord Jesus, Apostle Paul, and Apostle John all warned the Church about that coming "beast" that is to play God in a standing Jewish temple in Jerusalem for the end. Jesus called him a 'pseudochristos' which means a pseudo-Christ. (Dr. James Strong in his Strong's Exhaustive Concordance defined that Greek word pseudochristos of Matt.24:24 as 'a spurious Messiah' - Strong's no.5580.) In 2 Thess.2, Apostle Paul identified that coming false-Messiah as the "man of sin", and "that Wicked". In Revelation 13:11-13, Apostle John was shown that coming Antichrist is a 2nd "beast", called the "another beast".

In all 3 Scripture examples of that coming false-Messiah, "man of sin", or "another beast", the miracles of great signs and wonders he is to work places this false one as the final Antichrist that is coming to deceive the whole world, excepting Christ's very elect. Notice how the following verse is another Scripture example of pointing to this Antichrist's identity...

Rev 13:4-9
4 And
they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, "Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

According to Rev.12:9, that "dragon" is just another title for Satan himself. This above "beast" is about the 1st beast of Rev.13:1, which is about a beast kingdom having ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns. This verse is pointing to how the deceived will worship Satan, that dragon, and also his beast kingdom which Satan gives power to. That is why the deceived will say that who is able to make war with him, meaning Satan and his beast kingdom that will cover all nations and peoples on earth at the end, as revealed below...

5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.
6 And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
KJV

Pay attention especially to that he will make war against the saints, and overcome them. That is the same prophecy of the coming false one warned about in Daniel 7:21-25, Daniel 8:24-25; Daniel 11:36-39; Revelation 11:7; and Revelation 12:7.

Even in the Revelation 12:7 verse, it is pointing directly to the "dragon" (Satan) also...

Rev 12:17
17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.
KJV

Can this mean Satan himself, in person on earth, as the final Antichrist at the end of this world?

That's what those Scriptures are pointing to.

What better entity than Satan himself would have the power of miracles for such a deception as playing God on earth? Would any flesh born man have that kind of power? Were Christ's disciples even given such power of miracles that would deceive the whole world into worshiping them as GOD?

If it were Lord Jesus Himself returning first with that show of working "great signs and wonders" on earth, that would be easy... to believe, wouldn't it? Yes, it would be, because Lord Jesus worked miracles beyond imagination at His 1st coming to be crucified. But He warned us that the Antichrist is who is coming to earth to deceive the whole world first, prior to His future return. And that Antichrist-false-Messiah is to work those "great signs and wonders" that will be so powerful in deception that if... it were possible, it would deceive even Christ's very elect (Matt.24:23-26).
There is no doubt in my mind it will be Satan in person

You will not be able to kill him or harm him
Satan will not be able to kill or harm you
Why?
Because he’s gonna be playing Jesus and Jesus never killed anybody

Do not underestimate the antichrist/Satan he can make a temple appear in Jerusalem by the snap of his finger and also lightning

By doing that, can you imagine how many people will fall down under their age mostly Christians

The only way he can kill you is spiritually and that’s what the Bible refers to

If you think the antichrist is going to be a man you will be fooled. You will be looking at the Earth to produce the antichrist when in fact, he’s going to come the same way Jesus left.
In the sky

We are getting very close to Jesus coming. I am one person that said it will be this year.
Not that I know for a fact I could possibly be wrong, but I believe it’s getting that close

I’m right the antichrist will be here before the next United States election

However, I am a watchmen and different events can change the dates
But I am like a hawk

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy, the falling star from heaven in Revelation 9:1 is Satan. When Satan is cast down, he releases Abaddon from the bottomless pit.

Abaddon is NOT what that Revelation 9 Scripture states of what is LOOSED out of the bottomless pit. You need to read it again...

Rev 9:2-3
2 And he opened the bottomless pit;
and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
KJV

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If satan and the beast are literally one and the same, it is then obviously nonsensical, thus ludicrous, to take Revelation 20 to be meaning chronologically after Revelation 19. Why? Because Revelation 19 records that the beast is cast into the LOF when Christ returns. And if the beast is satan, well he obviously can't get cast into the pit when Christ returns if he was cast into the LOF at the time instead.

That seems to be the foundation of all your interactions: if it cuts across your opinion of Revelation 20 then you cannot allow it. That is insane hermeneutics.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no doubt in my mind it will be Satan in person

You will not be able to kill him or harm him
Satan will not be able to kill or harm you
Why?
Because he’s gonna be playing Jesus and Jesus never killed anybody

Do not underestimate the antichrist/Satan he can make a temple appear in Jerusalem by the snap of his finger and also lightning

By doing that, can you imagine how many people will fall down under their age mostly Christians

The only way he can kill you is spiritually and that’s what the Bible refers to

If you think the antichrist is going to be a man you will be fooled. You will be looking at the Earth to produce the antichrist when in fact, he’s going to come the same way Jesus left.
In the sky

We are getting very close to Jesus coming. I am one person that said it will be this year.
Not that I know for a fact I could possibly be wrong, but I believe it’s getting that close

I’m right the antichrist will be here before the next United States election

I agree with you on that part that the coming Antichrist-false-Messiah will be Satan himself, here on earth in person, in the very same sin that he first rebelled against God with, coveting God's Throne and wanting to be worshiped in place of God.

But your statements I underlined where you attempt to assign a day to Christ's coming just strikes out everything you said before that to the majority who read your post. Like Jesus said, no man knows the day or hour of His coming. We can only 'watch' the SIGNS He gave us leading up to it, but never know the day or hour of His coming.

And personally, based on 'watching' those SIGNS of the END Jesus gave, I believe we still have a ways to go. The next SIGN to be watching is in Jerusalem when something happens to allow the Orthodox Jews to build their 3rd Temple and start up the old covenant worship there again, with sacrifices. As of right now, the U.N. has control of Israeli borders and has given half of Jerusalem to be controlled by the Arabs, and will not allow Jews to even enter the Temple Mount, because of Arab control of it (because of their Dome of The Rock). All that condition must change before the next SIGN.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you on that part that the coming Antichrist-false-Messiah will be Satan himself, here on earth in person, in the very same sin that he first rebelled against God with, coveting God's Throne and wanting to be worshiped in place of God.

But your statements I underlined where you attempt to assign a day to Christ's coming just strikes out everything you said before that to the majority who read your post. Like Jesus said, no man knows the day or hour of His coming. We can only 'watch' the SIGNS He gave us leading up to it, but never know the day or hour of His coming.

And personally, based on 'watching' those SIGNS of the END Jesus gave, I believe we still have a ways to go. The next SIGN to be watching is in Jerusalem when something happens to allow the Orthodox Jews to build their 3rd Temple and start up the old covenant worship there again, with sacrifices. As of right now, the U.N. has control of Israeli borders and has given half of Jerusalem to be controlled by the Arabs, and will not allow Jews to even enter the Temple Mount, because of Arab control of it (because of their Dome of The Rock). All that condition must change before the next SIGN.
Maybe I strike out to you and others but that is no concern to me
Maybe I’m just way ahead of you guys. Have you ever thought about it that way?

We are supposed to be watchmen
We are not going to be caught like a thief in the night

We are told to watch current events
I’m just giving you a timetable of what I see happening, including UFOs

Whether or not could handle that or get off, it is none of my concern
Since the whole world is going to get fooled by the antichrist, I would tend to want to listen to somebody that thinks outside the box

I was told by other elders that talking about UFOs turns people off
Exactly what the AntiChrist wants

The antichrist will come fast and hard, and what better opportunity than the chaos in the world today
That is why I think it’s going to be this year if you don’t think so you’ll probably get caught up in his snare

As current events change, so does my opinions
Like I said, I might be way ahead of you guys or I’m completely wrong

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe I strike out to you and others but that is no concern to me
Maybe I’m just way ahead of you guys. Have you ever thought about it that way?

We are supposed to be watchmen
We are not going to be caught like a thief in the night

We are told to watch current events
I’m just giving you a timetable of what I see happening, including UFOs

Whether or not could handle that or get off, it is none of my concern
Since the whole world is going to get fooled by the antichrist, I would tend to want to listen to somebody that thinks outside the box

I was told by other elders that talking about UFOs turns people off
Exactly what the AntiChrist wants

The antichrist will come fast and hard, and what better opportunity than the chaos in the world today
That is why I think it’s going to be this year if you don’t think so you’ll probably get caught up in his snare

As current events change, so does my opinions
Like I said, I might be way ahead of you guys or I’m completely wrong

I don't believe you are wrong that the coming Antichrist will be Satan himself here on earth working great signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive the whole world. That is actually written, it's just that the majority have to have a direct statement like, "Satan will be Antichrist" written in Scripture before they will begin to see it.

But to couple false ideas that are NOT written with that, can serve as a strategy by Satan's servants to try and prevent understanding of Scripture that he will be the Antichrist at the end.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If somebody doesn’t know who the antichrist is by now, they’re going to get fooled

I know who the antichrist is
I know who the elect are that will stand up against him

There’s nothing I can say that will change any of this because people don’t believe me anyway

As long as I’m in the flesh body, no matter what trick the antichrist has up his sleeve whether it’s peace and prosperity or something different I will recognize it. Because I have my spiritual armor on all the time.

Like I said, if you really think about it, would this not be a perfect scenario for the antichrist to come in right NOW at the same time? We’re facing WW3

Maybe people just cannot accept the fact this might be the end of this earth age right now
Maybe people are so comfortable in their life. They cannot accept it maybe they’re near retirement

That’s why it seems everybody gets offended. When I tell them this could be the last year and more than likely it is.

We have to think like a detective
Circumstantial, evidence, and probable cause
That’s the way I approach the Scriptures

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s why it seems everybody gets offended. When I tell them this could be the last year and more than likely it is.
Once again, your statements that attempt 'date setting' for Christ's future coming strikes out whatever warnings to brethren you may have.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, your statements that attempt 'date setting' for Christ's future coming strikes out whatever warnings to brethren you may have.
Davy maybe it strikes out to you
Obviously, you’re not the elect otherwise you would heed what I have to say

Furthermore, I can set a date it will be 3 1/2 days after the two witnesses are killed in the streets

That is why I watch current events
Remember, the whole world is going to get fooled by the antichrist, except for a few
Maybe you’re talking to one of the few right now and you don’t realize it

Ego and pride have very serious ramifications

I don’t want to get into a contest and who is right or wrong
Time will tell

Reactions: Zao is life

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy maybe it strikes out to you
Obviously, you’re not the elect otherwise you would heed what I have to say

Furthermore, I can set a date it will be 3 1/2 days after the two witnesses are killed in the streets

That is why I watch current events
Remember, the whole world is going to get fooled by the antichrist, except for a few
Maybe you’re talking to one of the few right now and you don’t realize it

Ego and pride have very serious ramifications

I don’t want to get into a contest and who is right or wrong
Time will tell

NOW... I believe you are not who you claim to be!

God's Word does... reveal that the coming Antichrist will be Satan himself, as he is that 'beast that will ascend out of the bottomless pit' that will kill God's "two witnesses" in Jerusalem for the "great tribulation" time.

And I can NOW SEE THROUGH YOUR GAME which is actually to present DISINFORMATION against the idea of Satan coming as the Antichrist by your ADDING attempts to claim you know the day of Christ's future coming!

So you may FOOL others here, but you DO NOT FOOL ME as to what your REAL strategy here is.

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
NOW... I believe you are not who you claim to be!

God's Word does... reveal that the coming Antichrist will be Satan himself, as he is that 'beast that will ascend out of the bottomless pit' that will kill God's "two witnesses" in Jerusalem for the "great tribulation" time.

And I can NOW SEE THROUGH YOUR GAME which is actually to present DISINFORMATION against the idea of Satan coming as the Antichrist by your ADDING attempts to claim you know the day of Christ's future coming!

So you may FOOL others here, but you DO NOT FOOL ME as to what your REAL strategy here is.
How can I fool people? When I tell him I could possibly be wrong

You’re only speaking for yourself

So far, nobody else said a word

Why are you chasing me around on the threads?
Look in the mirror

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can I fool people? When I tell him I could possibly be wrong

You’re only speaking for yourself

So far, nobody else said a word

Why are you chasing me around on the threads?
Look in the mirror

No TRUE follower of Jesus Christ would even TRY... to set a DATE for the day of His future coming, NOT EVEN in speculation!

That is how I KNOW you are probably hiding another agenda.

Douggg

Nov 26, 2020
Memphis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abaddon is NOT what that Revelation 9 Scripture states of what is LOOSED out of the bottomless pit. You need to read it again...

Rev 9:2-3
2 And he opened the bottomless pit;
and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.
And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
KJV
The star falling from heaven opens the bottomless pit - which the locust creatures come out of the bottomless pit.

And in verse 11...

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

So one angel is falling from heaven - Satan - given the key to the bottomless pit. who then releases the locust creatures and their angel king of the bottomless pit - Abaddon.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The star falling from heaven opens the bottomless pit - which the locust creatures come out of the bottomless pit.

And in verse 11...

11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

So one angel is falling from heaven - Satan - given the key to the bottomless pit. Who then releases the locust creatures and their angel king of the bottomless pit - Abaddon.

No, you just ADDED... that last phrase I put in Larger Letters. That Rev.9:11 verse happens on 6th Trumpet - 2nd Woe, didn't you notice?

The locusts are shown being loosed out of the pit on the 5th Trumpet - 1st Woe.

Rev 9:1-3
9 And
the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.
KJV

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No TRUE follower of Jesus Christ would even TRY... to set a DATE for the day of His future coming, NOT EVEN in speculation!

That is how I KNOW you are probably hiding another agenda.
And what may
that agenda be?

If you’re gonna make a silly statement, you have to have a reason and a agenda in your mind

Let me hear this agenda
Otherwise, you’re just wind blowing

Maybe I don’t know what the agenda is and you will be doing me a favor
Now you are reading my mind lol

Trust me, I’ll go away as I did before and come back as current events dictate

But I definitely want to hear your agenda since you’ve been following me around I think I deserve it
But remember, you’re going to have to explain that to Jesus why you tried to stop me

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what may
that agenda be?

If you’re gonna make a silly statement, you have to have a reason and a agenda in your mind

Let me hear this agenda
Otherwise, you’re just wind blowing

Maybe I don’t know what the agenda is and you will be doing me a favor
Now you are reading my mind lol

Trust me, I’ll go away as I did before and come back as current events dictate

But I definitely want to hear your agenda since you’ve been following me around I think I deserve it
But remember, you’re going to have to explain that to Jesus why you tried to stop me

I will tell it like it is. Those who know from Bible Scripture that the coming Antichrist will... be Satan himself, here on earth, would NEVER go against what Jesus Christ said that NO man knows the day or hour of His coming.

So your little, "I could be wrong" excuse just don't... cut it that you are being truthful. See, you EXPOSED yourself by making your false prediction that you know the day Jesus comes. So go back, and tell your little weenies you follow, that you messed up their little plan at disinformation.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Stash

Mar 26, 2024
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I will tell it like it is. Those who know from Bible Scripture that the coming Antichrist will... be Satan himself, here on earth, would NEVER go against what Jesus Christ said that NO man knows the day or hour of His coming.

So your little, "I could be wrong" excuse just don't... cut it that you are being truthful. See, you EXPOSED yourself by making your false prediction that you know the day Jesus comes. So go back, and tell your little weenies you follow, that you messed up their little plan at disinformation.
First of all, why did the apostles ask Jesus what would and when would the end time be?

Obviously, it’s not a sin to be curious or even to try to guess the time of the end

Sooner or later, there will be a time of the end, and when that happens, will we be able to recognize it?

The fact that you say that I am just trying to guess the time and date and it is only a guess you seem to wanna make it a sin

Well, if it is a sin, I repent

Now what you got to say

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
That seems to be the foundation of all your interactions: if it cuts across your opinion of Revelation 20 then you cannot allow it. That is insane hermeneutics.
In your zeal to discredit what @Davidpt said, you failed to see what he was saying. He was simply saying that it is impossible that Satan and the beast & false prophet are all one and the same entity, because it is written that the beast and false prophet are cast into the lake of fire but it is written that Satan is to be (was to be - 2,000 years ago in your insane hermeneutics) cast into the abyss and prevented from deceiving the nations for 1,000 years (2,000 years or more in your insane hermeneutics).

You make it SO obvious that if it does not cut across your "symbolic thousand years" then you cannot allow it. That is insane hermeneutics.

Reactions: Davidpt