WHY THE 70 WEEKS PROPHECY OF DANIEL WAS FULFILLED ENTIRELY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I enjoyed your referenced study! I found it to be accurately true, in association with my studies. I have been a BA christian since 1975, and after swallowing all the church fabricated garbage, I threw it all in the trash (literally) and asked God to guide me into his Truth via scripture (KJV only).

And that He did. All of the false theories about the 70 weeks were displaced by the same that you also learned. It's been now 20 years later, and the Lord has displaced many other errors, just by completely understanding the 70 weeks.

For all who discuss/debate with me, they shall soon learn that His Truth (Jesus) is within me, and that I cannot bend to that which is popular, just because "Religion" approves of it.

Thanks for sharing that Daniel and the 70 weeks is fulfilled!
In His Peace,
Earburner

Your knowledge about the 70 weeks of Daniel is useless if you do not also understand that you must obey the Torah, while also stop using fiat currency. Know and understand these two other things as well, then perhaps I will applaud you.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did the homework for you, hence the bible study I wrote, for you, and at no charge, which explains everything in detail and with exact dates. So if you don't want to read it, because you're too lazy to read it, then don't read it. You are like a child who is being fed delicious food, yet refuses to eat and screams. Impetuous and rebellious. Callous and ignorant.

Written for me, and at no charge, which explains everything in detail and with exact dates? “What? came the word of God out from you? Or came it unto you only?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and read your study. I must admit you got the beginning date of when the 70 Weeks began, which no one in these forums knew while attempting to explain the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9.

You knew which king who issued the command to rebuild the temple and which prophet the king assigned the task to rebuild it. Are you contending that the temple has already been built?

However, I asked in post #2 when did you think the 70 weeks ended, and how many paths were there till the end? You have not answered these questions

These questions must be answered or your study is NOT complete, and if not complete it is false.

To God Be The Glory

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Written for me, and at no charge, which explains everything in detail and with exact dates? “What? came the word of God out from you? Or came it unto you only?

I gave you the benefit of the doubt and read your study. I must admit you got the beginning date of when the 70 Weeks began, which no one in these forums knew while attempting to explain the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9.

You knew which king who issued the command to rebuild the temple and which prophet the king assigned the task to rebuild it. Are you contending that the temple has already been built?

However, I asked in post #2 when did you think the 70 weeks ended, and how many paths were there till the end? You have not answered these questions

These questions must be answered or your study is NOT complete, and if not complete it is false.

To God Be The Glory

I explained this in the bible study, did you somehow skip over the part where I explain how the last week of Daniel was fulfilled? The Messiah was anointed in 26 AD, which was the end of the 69th week of Daniel, then he was crucified in the midst of the 70th week of Daniel 3 1/2 years later in 30 AD, then for the remaining 3 1/2 years the gospel was preached first in Jerusalem until 33 AD, and then after the completion of the 70 weeks, the gospel began to be preached to the Gentiles. This is why it is written, "70 weeks have been decreed for your people and your set-apart city", the set-apart city being Jerusalem.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...then he was crucified in the midst of the 70th week of Daniel...
That is NOT what happened in the midst of the 70th week. A careful reading of Daniel will show the honest reader that it is the Antichrist who will violate his covenant with Israel in the midst of that week (after 3 1/2 years) in order to set up the Abomination of Desolation.

And he [the prince that shall come (v26) = the Antichrist] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:27).

And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant [the Antichrist]...And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. (Dan 11:22,31)

This is all in the future, and Daniel's 70th week is yet to be fulfilled.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I explained this in the bible study, did you somehow skip over the part where I explain how the last week of Daniel was fulfilled? The Messiah was anointed in 26 AD, which was the end of the 69th week of Daniel, then he was crucified in the midst of the 70th week of Daniel 3 1/2 years later in 30 AD, then for the remaining 3 1/2 years the gospel was preached first in Jerusalem until 33 AD, and then after the completion of the 70 weeks, the gospel began to be preached to the Gentiles. This is why it is written, "70 weeks have been decreed for your people and your set-apart city", the set-apart city being Jerusalem.

You are not making sense above.

1) Is the 70 weeks years or weeks?
2) How did you arrive at 26 AD after starting at 587 BC?
3) How did you arrive at 33 AD after 3 ½ years from 70 weeks?

This is all conjecture and confusing. I don’t see you even mention the number 490. Is it literal years or weeks? See I'm even helping you.

You need to go back to the drawing board and start again.

Now if I didn’t know anything about the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9, I would be in awe.

To God Be The Glory

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2) Where did you start and arrived at 26 AD?

This is all conjecture and confusing. I don’t see you even mention the number 490. Is it literal years or weeks? See I'm even helping you.

Now if I didn’t know anything about the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9, I would be in awe.

To God Be The Glory
Aside from the study of the OP of this thread, by my own study years ago, I too have the revelation that the 70 weeks were fulfilled in the day of Pentecost, including the destruction of Jerusalem in 70ad.
One must thoroughly understand that Antiochus Epiphanies, of the Seleucid empire, is the ONLY "little horn" that shall ever be, of whom also performed the "AoD" in disgracing the Temple , and that Justus Maccabeus was the "restorer" in cleansing that temple. That highly smacks of "type and antitype ", a prefigure of what Jesus was prophesied to do.
The temple of His body was disgraced by crucifixion, but was restored through His Resurrection.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
But I disagree that the Anti-Christ is ever in view in Daniel 9.
Have you ever studied the Little Horn of Daniel and compared him with the Beast of Revelation 13? The Antichrist is all the way through the book of Daniel. He is also *the prince that shall come* and *the prince of the covenant*.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever studied the Little Horn of Daniel and compared him with the Beast of Revelation 13? The Antichrist is all the way through the book of Daniel. He is also *the prince that shall come* and *the prince of the covenant*

Jesus is the ONLY Prince of the covenant. Covenant means: gospel, agreement, will...etc.

To God Be The Glory

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever studied the Little Horn of Daniel and compared him with the Beast of Revelation 13? The Antichrist is all the way through the book of Daniel. He is also *the prince that shall come* and *the prince of the covenant*.
That is NOT what happened in the midst of the 70th week. A careful reading of Daniel will show the honest reader that it is the Antichrist who will violate his covenant with Israel in the midst of that week (after 3 1/2 years) in order to set up the Abomination of Desolation.

And he [the prince that shall come (v26) = the Antichrist] shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:27).

And with the arms of a flood shall they be overflown from before him, and shall be broken; yea, also the prince of the covenant [the Antichrist]...And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate. (Dan 11:22,31)

This is all in the future, and Daniel's 70th week is yet to be fulfilled.
Biloqewu is absolutely correct!!

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

2) How did you arrive at 26 AD after starting at 587 BC?

To God Be The Glory

The 70 weeks prophecy of Daniel is a prophecy of 490 literal years given as "prophetic weeks". Each prophetic day is one literal year, and each prophetic week is 7 literal years, thus 70 prophetic weeks = 490 literal years. Do the math.

From 458 BC Artaxerxes decree + 483 literal years (69 prophetic weeks) = 26 AD anointing of the Messiah.
From 26 AD + 3 1/ 2 years (middle of 70th prophetic week) = 30 AD death of the Messiah in the spring.
From 30 AD + 3 1/2 years (end of the 70th prophetic week) = 33 AD end of the 70 weeks prophecy in the autumn, which is when the gospel began to be preached to the Gentiles.

There is no error in the above timelines, which I have explained clearly, yet you seem to still not understand, or not want to understand.

Reactions: Earburner

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus is the ONLY Prince of the covenant. Covenant means: gospel, agreement, will...etc.
Jesus does not break covenants. But the prince of the covenant ("the prince that shall come") BREAKS his covenant with Israel in the middle of the week. How did you miss that? And how did you miss the connection of that betrayal to the Abomination of Desolation and what follows?

So let's try again:...and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:26,27)

So the "he" in verse 27 refers to "the prince that shall come". And what will he do? He will falsely "confirm the covenant with many for one week" (seven years). This covenant will let the people of Israel know that they will not be disturbed in resuming their temple sacrifices and oblations for a full seven years. [Note: plans are currently under way for the construction of the third temple in Jerusalem]

But then what will happen "in the midst of the week" (after 3 1/2 years)? He will issue an edit which (a) puts a stop of the Jewish temple sacrifices and (b) sets up the Abomination of Desolation in the Holy Place within the temple.

And what will be the result of this blasphemy and gross idolatry? The temple and Jerusalem will be made desolate, and desolations will be poured out upon the whole world through the Great Tribulation. All of this is found in the Olivet Discourse.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:...For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be...Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken... (Matthew 24:15,16,21,29)

So if Daniel's 70th week had already been fulfilled, the sun, moon, and stars (not to mention the mountains and the islands) would have all been SHAKEN OUT OF THEIR PLACES, and we would already be in the New Heavens and the New Earth!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't follow the Pied Piper without checking out where he is leading you! He is totally mistaken but he will never admit it. Neither will you.
You didn't read my previous posts?
Separate from Biloqewu, 20 years ago, I have also learned that Christ Himself fulfilled all of the 70 weeks of years, specifically Dan. 9:27- KJV only.

Lest you forget of who the OT speaks of:
John 5[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you read the study what year did you believe the 70 Weeks of Daniel 9 began and what year did it ended?

And, how many paths were there to the end?

If you don't understand my questions please ask.

To God Be The Glory
That's easy: "from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem..." - Daniel 9:25

Now, since there were 3 decrees - one from Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes - which one best fits the above bold type words from Daniel 9? Only Artaxerxes', given in his "seventh year reign" (Ezra 7:7) which extra-Biblical archaeology proves beyond a doubt was 457 B.C.

Why not Cyrus? His decree only dealt with building the temple.
Why not Darius? His decree only dealt with building the temple.

Why Artaxerxes? His was a comprehensive decree which dealt with Jerusalem as a whole, including not only the temple, but the wall, a judicial system, law enforcement, etc.

Some say it was the decree in 444 B.C., but that was only a reinstatement of Artaxerxes' original 457 B.C. decree. He suspended it while investigating whether the lies told by Tobias and company against Israel were actually true, and in 444 B.C. he reinstated it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus does not break covenants. But the prince of the covenant ("the prince that shall come") BREAKS his covenant with Israel in the middle of the week. How did you miss that? And how did you miss the connection of that betrayal to the Abomination of Desolation and what follows?

So let's try again:...and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. (Dan 9:26,27)

So the "he" in verse 27 refers to "the prince that shall come". And what will he do? He will falsely "confirm the covenant with many for one week" (seven years). This covenant will let the people of Israel know that they will not be disturbed in resuming their temple sacrifices and oblations for a full seven years. [Note: plans are currently under way for the construction of the third temple in Jerusalem]

But then what will happen "in the midst of the week" (after 3 1/2 years)? He will issue an edit which (a) puts a stop of the Jewish temple sacrifices and (b) sets up the Abomination of Desolation in the Holy Place within the temple.

And what will be the result of this blasphemy and gross idolatry? The temple and Jerusalem will be made desolate, and desolations will be poured out upon the whole world through the Great Tribulation. All of this is found in the Olivet Discourse.

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand: Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:...For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be...Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken... (Matthew 24:15,16,21,29)

So if Daniel's 70th week had already been fulfilled, the sun, moon, and stars (not to mention the mountains and the islands) would have all been SHAKEN OUT OF THEIR PLACES, and we would already be in the New Heavens and the New Earth!
After reading all of what you just glued together, all I can say is, what a mess!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's easy: "from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem..." - Daniel 9:25

Now, since there were 3 decrees - one from Cyrus, Darius, and Artaxerxes - which one best fits the above bold type words from Daniel 9? Only Artaxerxes', given in his "seventh year reign" (Ezra 7:7) which extra-Biblical archaeology proves beyond a doubt was 457 B.C.

Why not Cyrus? His decree only dealt with building the temple.
Why not Darius? His decree only dealt with building the temple.

Why Artaxerxes? His was a comprehensive decree which dealt with Jerusalem as a whole, including not only the temple, but the wall, a judicial system, law enforcement, etc.

Some say it was the decree in 444 B.C., but that was only a reinstatement of Artaxerxes' original 457 B.C. decree. He suspended it while investigating whether the lies told by Tobias and company against Israel were actually true, and in 444 B.C. he reinstated it.
You are all fumbling of the details of insignificance.
Instead of trying to go forward to Jesus, go from Jesus, backwards- 62 x 7 = 434 yrs. + 1/2 wk = (3.5

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all fumbling of the details of insignificance.
Instead of trying to go forward to Jesus, go from Jesus, backwards- 62 x 7 = 434 yrs. + 1/2 wk = (3.5
Sorry for the error in sending incomplete! Being new here, I accidently hit "post reply" . I will try again.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all fumbling over the details of insignificance.
Instead of trying to go forward to Jesus, go from Jesus, backwards- 62 x 7 = 434 yrs. + 1/2 wk = (3.5 x 7 = 24.5 yrs). 24.5 + 434 yrs = 458.5 yrs.
Artaxerxes' original decree was in 457 B.C.
How does that sound?