WHY THE 70 WEEKS PROPHECY OF DANIEL WAS FULFILLED ENTIRELY

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Artaxerxes', given in his "seventh year reign" (Ezra 7:7) which extra-Biblical archaeology proves beyond a doubt was 457 B.C.[/QUOTE]

Very good. Good insight. Now how many paths are there to the 70 Weeks?

The writer of the OP could not answer what date the 70 Weeks began. I suppose he didn’t know nor how many paths are there to the end. Not pressing you, do you know?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all fumbling over the details of insignificance.
Instead of trying to go forward to Jesus, go from Jesus, backwards- 62 x 7 = 434 yrs. + 1/2 wk = (3.5 x 7 = 24.5 yrs). 24.5 + 434 yrs = 458.5 yrs.
Artaxerxes' original decree was in 457 B.C.
How does that sound?

Is your calculation 458.5 yrs. or the 457? Which is it?

There is much significance in knowing the correct dates. I believe the key is knowing the beginning point, the middle point, and the end point.

To God Be The Glory

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is your calculation 458.5 yrs. or the 457? Which is it?

There is much significance in knowing the correct dates. I believe the key is knowing the beginning point, the middle point, and the end point.
To God Be The Glory
My calculation is from the point of Jesus' crucifixion (cut off), counting backwards to Artaxerxes.
My point is, whether forward or backwards, it proves the time of when Christ was "cut off (crucified) but not for himself". Crunching numbers for the exact day is absolutely not necessary. How many times can one split a hair?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your knowledge about the 70 weeks of Daniel is useless if you do not also understand that you must obey the Torah, while also stop using fiat currency. Know and understand these two other things as well, then perhaps I will applaud you.
Can't say that I will do that! As a born again Christian by Christ's Righteousness through faith, I can't go backwards into my own righteousness by the Law! As a sheep of His, why would I want to wallow in the mire? I am now made to be in HIS PASTURE!!

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all fumbling of the details of insignificance.
Instead of trying to go forward to Jesus, go from Jesus, backwards- 62 x 7 = 434 yrs. + 1/2 wk = (3.5
The Biblically established starting date - "...from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem..." - for calculating the 70 Weeks is counted among "details of insignificance"???

You must be as new to Christianity as you are to Christianity Board.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Biblically established starting date - "...from the going forth of the commandment to restore and build Jerusalem..." - for calculating the 70 Weeks is counted among "details of insignificance"???

I am a born again christian since 1975, and have been growing in the Lord ever since.
As for what " churchianity" foists for all its denominational doctrines, thus locking themselves up each in concrete, I am no fan!
However, that is not to say that I don't agree with all the basic biblical doctrines of faith in Christ alone, for our salvation.

Through the years, I have learned that analytical study, through the fleshly mind, predominantly rules in the denominational religions.

I have escaped all that heady mire by obeying the Lord, in allowing Him to be my sole guide through the scriptures. No longer do run to a popular commentary for the answers to my questions.
He has shown me the truth of Isa. 55:8-9, and how he is very able to explain His OWN meaning to His OWN words.

"All the churches have some of His Truth, but none of the churches have all of His Truth"- Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Just because the analytical, religious insane approach the scriptures in the way that they do, doesn't make them correct in their answer.

My method of calculation was revealed to me by the Lord.
It is from the point of Jesus' crucifixion (cut off), counting backwards to Artaxerxes.
My point is, whether forward or backwards, it proves the time of when Christ was "cut off (crucified) but not for himself". Crunching numbers for the exact day is absolutely not necessary. How many times can one split a hair?

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can't say that I will do that! As a born again Christian by Christ's Righteousness through faith, I can't go backwards into my own righteousness by the Law! As a sheep of His, why would I want to wallow in the mire? I am now made to be in HIS PASTURE!!

If one turns away his ear from hearing the Torah, even his prayer is an abomination. (Proverbs 28:9)

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the name of the Torah above the name of Christ?

What the Messiah taught IS the Torah, "love God with all your heart" and "love your neighbor as yourself" are all commandments of the Torah. If you reject the Torah then you reject the Messiah because the Torah points to the Messiah. The Torah is the knowledge of good and evil, and because if reveals all that is sin, if you discard the Torah, it is impossible for you to repent of all sin, because you have discarded that which reveals all that is sin.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What the Messiah taught IS the Torah, "love God with all your heart" and "love your neighbor as yourself" are all commandments of the Torah. If you reject the Torah then you reject the Messiah because the Torah points to the Messiah. The Torah is the knowledge of good and evil, and because if reveals all that is sin, if you discard the Torah, it is impossible for you to repent of all sin, because you have discarded that which reveals all that is sin.
Yes, by all means STAY away from sin!!
BTW, are you "sin-free" yet, by keeping the Law?

If you are in Jesus, and He in you, then you are
"sin-less" before the Father. Do you know the difference?

Did you forget about Mat. 5:19-20- KJV?
The "least" are in the KoH/KoG. Jesus said so!

So, how did they do that? How did they get into the KoG, as "Law Breakers" ?
Ans. Verse 20. They put their faith in Christ's Righteousness, which is ABOVE the righteousness of the Law/Torah.
Did you forget about the Highness of His Name??
Yes, is Name is ABOVE the name of the Torah.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, by all means STAY away from sin!!
BTW, are you "sin-free" yet, by keeping the Law?

If you are in Jesus, and He in you, then you are
"sin-less" before the Father. Do you know the difference?

Did you forget about Mat. 5:19-20- KJV?
The "least" are in the KoH/KoG. Jesus said so!

So, how did they do that? How did they get into the KoG, as "Law Breakers" ?
Ans. Verse 20. They put their faith in Christ's Righteousness, which is ABOVE the righteousness of the Law/Torah.
Did you forget about the Highness of His Name??
Yes, is Name is ABOVE the name of the Torah.

"Righteousness" does not exclude the Torah, whether it is through belief in the Messiah or not. A homosexual cannot say, "I'm a believer and I am righteous!", while ignoring the command of the Torah "a man shall not sleep with a man". He is not righteous, he is the lawless. The same with any believer that ignores the commands of the Torah, he is not righteous even if he does belief, he is lawless, because he has discarded the commands of God that define the righteousness of God. Believing is worthless if it does not accompany obedience to the commands of God. And in likewise manner obeying the commands of God is worthless if you do not believe in the Messiah. Both are necessary. The Jews stumble because while they "try" to obey Torah, they do not believe in the Messiah. And many Christians stumble because while they believe in the Messiah, try discard the Torah. You are the latter. And this is why many will say "lord, lord" on that frightful day, yet they will be cast out because of lawlessness, meaning discarding the Torah, which is the Law of God, hence "depart from me you workers of lawnessness!".

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Righteousness" does not exclude the Torah, whether it is through belief in the Messiah or not. A homosexual cannot say, "I'm a believer and I am righteous!", while ignoring the command of the Torah "a man shall not sleep with a man". He is not righteous, he is the lawless. The same with any believer that ignores the commands of the Torah, he is not righteous even if he does belief, he is lawless, because he has discarded the commands of God that define the righteousness of God. Believing is worthless if it does not accompany obedience to the commands of God. And in likewise manner obeying the commands of God is worthless if you do not believe in the Messiah. Both are necessary. The Jews stumble because while they "try" to obey Torah, they do not believe in the Messiah. And many Christians stumble because while they believe in the Messiah, try discard the Torah. You are the latter. And this is why many will say "lord, lord" on that frightful day, yet they will be cast out because of lawlessness, meaning discarding the Torah, which is the Law of God, hence "depart from me you workers of lawnessness!".
So then what standard is being used for anyone's Salvation, if you are called "great" in the KoG and I am called "least" in the KoG?
It is apparent, that Jesus is saying that BOTH are in the KoG!
The standard is Christ's Righteousness! Only His exceeds the righteousness of the Law! Mat. 5:20

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then what standard is being used for anyone's Salvation, if you are called "great" in the KoG and I am called "least" in the KoG?
It is apparent, that Jesus is saying that BOTH are in the KoG!
The standard is Christ's Righteousness! Only His exceeds the righteousness of the Law! Mat. 5:20

The righteousness of the Messiah exceeds the righteousness of the Torah because it fulfills the Torah, not because it discards the Torah. If he had come discarding the Torah, then he would not be righteous at all, because righteousness is defined by the Torah, hence, "and these commandments will be your righteousness", meaning the commandments of the Torah. If the Messiah had come dressed as a woman, he would not be righteous at all, because the Torah commands "a man shall not wear women's clothing". You cannot exclude "righteousness" from the Torah that defines it. You actually do not know what righteousness is at all. Even Abraham who was credited with righteousness because of belief was also commended for his obedience to the Torah, which existed even before it was given through Moses, hence, "Abraham obeyed my Torot". Righteousness does not exclude Torah. You are in error, and because of your error you have become lawless. If all we had to do was believe in the Messiah, and stop committing adultery and stealing, while ignoring all the other commands of the Torah, then surely entering into the kingdom of God be a much wider gate, but the gate is no that wide, it is narrow. All the commands of the Torah must be obeyed, except commands related to food, drink, feast, new moon, and Shabbath, which were all foreshadows of realities found in the Messiah in his new covenant.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The righteousness of the Messiah exceeds the righteousness of the Torah because it fulfills the Torah, not because it discards the Torah. If he had come discarding the Torah, then he would not be righteous at all, because righteousness is defined by the Torah, hence, "and these commandments will be your righteousness", meaning the commandments of the Torah. If the Messiah had come dressed as a woman, he would not be righteous at all, because the Torah commands "a man shall not wear women's clothing". You cannot exclude "righteousness" from the Torah that defines it. You actually do not know what righteousness is at all. Even Abraham who was credited with righteousness because of belief was also commended for his obedience to the Torah, which existed even before it was given through Moses, hence, "Abraham obeyed my Torot". Righteousness does not exclude Torah. You are in error, and because of your error you have become lawless.
But you have a problem! Jesus said the Law Breakers, called the least, ARE IN the KoG!!
How did they "enter into the KoG"?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a born again christian since 1975, and have been growing in the Lord ever since.
As for what " churchianity" foists for all its denominational doctrines, thus locking themselves up each in concrete, I am no fan!
However, that is not to say that I don't agree with all the basic biblical doctrines of faith in Christ alone, for our salvation.

Through the years, I have learned that analytical study, through the fleshly mind, predominantly rules in the denominational religions.

I have escaped all that heady mire by obeying the Lord, in allowing Him to be my sole guide through the scriptures. No longer do run to a popular commentary for the answers to my questions.
He has shown me the truth of Isa. 55:8-9, and how he is very able to explain His OWN meaning to His OWN words.

"All the churches have some of His Truth, but none of the churches have all of His Truth"- Earburner
I agree with what you say about Churchianity...that's why I promote Christianity. And guess what God says His end time, remnant church is going to have in it. It's found in Revelation 12:17 - "And the dragon was wroth with the woman and went to make war with the remnant of her seed which keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ" which is the "spirit of prophecy" (Revelation 19:10). God's end time church will be teaching the prophetic portions of Scripture that were sealed "until the time of the end", which includes the 70 Weeks of Daniel...because the 70 Weeks are "cut off" from the larger prophecy of the 2,300 Days, which reach all the way down to our day, and have end time prophetic application for God's remnant people. Good stuff if you give it a chance.

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you have a problem! Jesus said the Law Breakers, called the least, ARE IN the KoG!!
How did they "enter into the KoG"?

The lawless only enter into the kingdom of God once they stop being lawless. Why do you think we are called to repent, if not to stop being lawless?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The lawless only enter into the kingdom of God once they stop being lawless. Why do you think we are called to repent, if not to stop being lawless?
Repentance towards God is what is required!! A change of mind.
Repentance from sin, is nothing more than New Year's Resolutions, God is not fooled! He knows that we all sin until the day we die. To say that you don't is to be a liar!
The only way to "enter into the KoG" is to be born again of His Spirit!

biloqewu

Aug 6, 2018
Pompano Beach
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repentance towards God is what is required!! A change of mind.
Repentance from sin, is nothing more than New Year's Resolutions, God is not fooled! He knows that we all sin until the day we die. To say that you don't is to be a liar!
The only way to "enter into the KoG" is to be born again of His Spirit!

You don't even know what you're talking about. Paul says the "through the Torah is the knowledge of sin". If you do not know the Torah, then you cannot possibly know what is sin, because the commands of the Torah define sin. Not knowing the Torah is like a layman trying to fix the engine of a car, without having a manual or not knowing how to fix an engine. The Torah is our manual, which defines "righteousness", it is the knowledge of good and evil, which is why Paul also wrote, "the Torah is the embodiment of all knowledge and truth". And next, the Messiah died so that he can end sin, not so that you can be excused to continue committing sin, which is why it is written, "70 weeks are appointed to end sin, finish transgression, and to anoint the most set-apart one", which was the Messiah. His blood perfects a man, which the blood of animals was never able to do, through belief in him, by receiving the airflow of God, which is the anointing. And this is why it is written, "I will put my airflow within you, and cause you to obey my statutes" and "in order that the righteous requirement of the Torah may finally be fulfilled in us who walk according to the airflow". When the airflow enters the body, he cuts away sin in the inward man, which is the circumcision of the heart, and perfects him and sets him apart in this way, and this is what is called being "born again" and "born of the airflow", which is also why it is written, "he who is born of God cannot sin, it is impossible". And this is why whoever is freed from sin is also subsequently released from the written Torah, because someone who has been freed from sin is no longer in subjection to a Torah that reveals all that is sin, which is also why it is written, "the Torah was enacted not for the righteous, but for the lawless". You err greatly in your understanding of everything, which is why through your false belief rather than become the righteousness of God that you misperceive yourself to have, you are in fact lawless. The Torah commands that debts be forgiven every 7 years, that a man should not covet what belongs to his neighbor, that a man must look out for the safety of others as in the example of putting a rail on a rooftop, that a man should grab something that he finds and is lost and try to return it to its owner, that a man should not wear women's clothing, that a man should not use false quantities and measures to buy or sell, that we are to set ourselves apart by wearing tzitzit and tallit, and many more commands that define "good and evil" and how to become set-apart. Without set-apartness no one will see God, and the Torah is what defines set-apartness. You're a fool and stubborn, refusing to understand the Torah and delight yourself in its commands. Whoever rejects the Torah is himself an abomination to God, and will be destroyed, which is why it is written, "hear you earth, I will destroy this people because they have rejected my Torah".

Last edited: