'Why The Scriptures'

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. - 2 Peter 1:20-21.

We can talk to each other the way we do because of scripture. We can talk to the world and those that are in the world because of the scriptures. When we say "you must be born again," that is written. When we say to each other "we are who we are because of Christ," that is written. So the importance of what is written cannot be expressed enough. But the interpretation of what is written.

We all know what that means? It puts us in different categories if you will. So how do we interpret scripture? By the scripture. Scripture is of no private interpretation. Scripture must be read like it is written, and scripture must be able to interpret itself. What does that mean? When I come up with my themes and ideas it must be indelibly proven by scripture. So what does that exactly mean? It means scripture is given to humanity for a purpose and has something to say. In scripture there is a theme if you will, you will first need to know what the theme is.

The theme of scripture is Christ! So scripture must be interpreted with that in mind. For instance; if I go off on some trek through the scriptures trying prove some good point or even some doctrine (what does scripture say "now leaving doctrine") I'm leaving the theme of 'why the scriptures.

That will be the simplest test of how I read scripture. Scripture can say anything? What I mean by that is; people can make scripture say anything, so if you stay with 'why scripture is given (to reveal Christ, and ultimately Christ in you the hope of glory) you cannot go off in scripture. Allow the Holyspirit to take you in scripture and teach you Christ, it is not that hard to grasp. It may be hard to grasp what they say about it but knowing that it has a perfect theme of what God's intention was for giving scripture puts the believer way ahead of the curve if you will.

Did you know you can narrow down the plan of God to one chapter in scripture if necessary. If you only had a few verses of scripture to read and know God's over all plan for creation, for salvation, and all he is to the believer and the believer is to him, it would be Ephesians chapter one. Believers need to learn 'why the scriptures' and stay with why they are given. Bless you.