Why Was Cain’s Sacrifice Rejected by God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Not all Christians believe in a "young" earth. Nor is it necessary. The "1650 years" from the Fall to the Flood is based on an assumption that the genealogies in Genesis are complete (with no missed generations). But Biblical genealogies are not necessarily complete (look at Jesus' genealogy in Matthew 1, and you will find several generations unaccountably missed out).

So there's plenty of room for the Bronze and Iron Ages - and the Stone and Ice Ages too!
Yes, I know there are different theories about ' the earth ' - I kind of leave that one to God !
I didn't realise about the genealogies though, I have looked at them from time to time , but tend to skim over them- okay, so that could explain the Bronze Age ect - and would make sense
Not sure it explains the ice age though, or the dinosaurs !
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They had approximately 1,650 years from the Fall to the Flood. Even though they are unlikely to have had as much knowledge as we have (I may be wrong) I expect that they were more intelligent (many fewer genetic mutations--if any). Look at the technology mankind has developed over the last 200 years and multiply that by approximately 8 and perhaps they had developed sophisticated technology. Until the massive, worldwide Flood came and wiped it all away. Coal miners have found mysterious artifacts inside of seams of coal down very deep. Were they remnants of pre-Flood civilizations? There are also "paved" areas that divers have found, under coastal waters. Who created them and when?

Thoughtful post, intriguing and mysterious. It think man was much healthier, maybe even bigger and stronger as well...since most walked for miles a day. Those paved areas are way interesting, as well as the artifacts found. Good to think about these things, and I wonder if there are historians and archaeologists who have writings on these things.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I know there are different theories about ' the earth ' - I kind of leave that one to God !
I didn't realise about the genealogies though, I have looked at them from time to time , but tend to skim over them- okay, so that could explain the Bronze Age ect - and would make sense
Not sure it explains the ice age though, or the dinosaurs !
Rita

Here's a 3 minute video that @"ByGrace" shared last year, threading the Gospel throughout each name...I found it amazing especially I NEVER looked at the geniologies as it would make me VERY sleepy, lol...there is also a video he did that took the geniologies all the way to Christ and the Church age. I spent a LOT of time listening to these videos last summer, here it is:

B

Butterfly

Thanks Nancy,
I am wondering if Helen shared that same video on another forum we are both on because as soon as I heard what the speaker was suggesting about the names and there meanings , it sparked of a thought that I already knew that.
So does that mean that the other geneologies do that ?

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thoughtful post, intriguing and mysterious. It think man was much healthier, maybe even bigger and stronger as well...since most walked for miles a day. Those paved areas are way interesting, as well as the artifacts found. Good to think about these things, and I wonder if there are historians and archaeologists who have writings on these things.

For some reason, they are ignored by mainstream archeology and historians. Ever look up the "crystal skulls" online? There are photos of them, and they appear to be legitimate objects of history. But how were they made? They are "carved" of single pieces of quartz crystal and the technology that has recently been developed to duplicate them was developed AFTER they were discovered. Before that, anyone who tried to duplicate them discovered that they could not be "carved" without shattering them. Who created them? How and why?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For some reason, they are ignored by mainstream archeology and historians. Ever look up the "crystal skulls" online. There are photos of them, and they appear to be legitimate objects of history. But how were they made? They are "carved" of single pieces of quartz crystal and the technology that has recently been developed to duplicate them was developed AFTER they were discovered. Before that, anyone who tried to duplicate them discovered that they could not be "carved" without shattering them. Who created them? How and why?

Oh gosh, so many mysteries!!!
"For some reason, they are ignored by mainstream archaeology and historians." Hmm, wonder what could be holding them back from researching and studying these things. Could it be...
:D :D :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Nancy,
I am wondering if Helen shared that same video on another forum we are both on because as soon as I heard what the speaker was suggesting about the names and there meanings , it sparked of a thought that I already knew that.
So does that mean that the other geneologies do that ?

Yes, Chuck Missler has many videos and he does have a longer one on the rest of the genealogies going all the way to Jesus! If my horrid memory serves me it was in a private group message she shared it on...could be off on that so, what say you @"ByGrace" ? Do you remember posting that video?

Reactions: Helen
B

Butterfly

For some reason, they are ignored by mainstream archeology and historians. Ever look up the "crystal skulls" online? There are photos of them, and they appear to be legitimate objects of history. But how were they made? They are "carved" of single pieces of quartz crystal and the technology that has recently been developed to duplicate them was developed AFTER they were discovered. Before that, anyone who tried to duplicate them discovered that they could not be "carved" without shattering them. Who created them? How and why?
I have only ever heard of the crystal skulls in an episode of Stargate SG1 - did not know they were actually real !

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yes--apparently, a lot of them are fake. But, there are about a dozen (in private collections, of course) which are thought to have been fabricated by some kind of ancient-but-forgotten technology. There are other mysterious oddities, such as the steel "pillar" in India (similar to the "monolith" of 2001: A Space Odyssey) which never rusts.

B

Butterfly

Its quite interesting to read the link as it reveals that the storyline in Stargate was obviously based on the actual skulls, the episode conveyed the ancients and how it contained history ect.
Well , I am intrigued now, and have learned something new today X
Rita

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes--apparently, a lot of them are fake. But, there are about a dozen (in private collections, of course) which are thought to have been fabricated by some kind of ancient-but-forgotten technology. There are other mysterious oddities, such as the steel "pillar" in India (similar to the "monolith" of 2001: A Space Odyssey) which never rusts.

Yes, all interesting indeed. And lets not forget the Pyramids! Those stones weighed tons! How did they do it. Had to be some kind of pulley system? Things that make you go hmm. :)

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That is such an interesting point, and one that I had not considered before. In some weird way, proberbly down to the whole teaching on evolution in my younger years, I realise that I have taken on board the theory of mankind ' developing ' from apes , in my thinking about intelligence, and pre -flood generation. I realise that they still would have needed to learn, progress and discover things - I had no idea I had been doing that !
On that note - and I will risk being stupid here ( lol )
Where does the bronze and Iron Age fit into scripture - and please can someone explain the dinaseours
- the ice age !!!!! ( I did not come to faith until I was an adult, and must admit that I have tried to fit what I learned at school in with the time line in scripture ) I mean they have evidence of these things occurring - but how does it all fit together?
Rita
Rita, I was reading the account in Mark of the events that led up to the Crucifixion this morning. What stood out was the many times that Jesus referred to his death even his resurrection and the disciples missed it, totally. So much goes for listening and pre programming.
We are really a bunch of pumpkin heads when it comes to being blind to the obvious.

Personally, I don't give credibility to mans theories of the various ages, at least not globally in scope.
Re the dinosaurs, I don't know. Perhaps they didn't make it into the Ark because they were the result of genetic engineering by the antediluvians. I find it difficult to believe that God created the flesh tearing monsters depicted of that time.
I also think that we don't give the antediluvians due credit. We tend to think they were primitive with limited intelligence. Our inflated views of ourselves today with its technological advances and the teaching that man came from the beasts dismisses the idea of high intelligence of those early human races.
Of course we are so smart today everyone has shoes to wear, every belly is full, disease is nearly eradicated and global peace is just on the horizon. So much for self delusion.

B

Butterfly

Rita, I was reading the account in Mark of the events that led up to the Crucifixion this morning. What stood out was the many times that Jesus referred to his death even his resurrection and the disciples missed it, totally. So much goes for listening and pre programming.
We are really a bunch of pumpkin heads when it comes to being blind to the obvious.

Personally, I don't give credibility to mans theories of the various ages, at least not globally in scope.
Re the dinosaurs, I don't know. Perhaps they didn't make it into the Ark because they were the result of genetic engineering by the antediluvians. I find it difficult to believe that God created the flesh tearing monsters depicted of that time.
I also think that we don't give the antediluvians due credit. We tend to think they were primitive with limited intelligence. Our inflated views of ourselves today with its technological advances and the teaching that man came from the beasts dismisses the idea of high intelligence of those early human races.
Of course we are so smart today everyone has shoes to wear, every belly is full, disease is nearly eradicated and global peace is just on the horizon. So much for self delusion.
Hi Quietthinker,
I have always presumed that the disciples just didn't get what Jesus was talking about- to them he was the leader who was going to start a revolution against the Roman leaders, they were so consumed with it being a physical war and victory - I like that Jesus just let it be, then later on repeated it. It must have been so weird for the disciples when everything did unfold as it did, such a searching time for all of them. I would love to go back and be a fly on the wall during that period of time.

I think the dinosaurs will always be an enigma to me, I just do not see where and how they fit in to anything really- apparantly they were not meat eaters originally, that changed - but I just keep an open mind on it all. I have never heard of the antidiluvians before, is that just a name of those pre- flood ?

Your last few lines made me chuckle, just my weird sense of humour !!
Are there honestly people around who believe that !?
Rita

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi Quietthinker,
I have always presumed that the disciples just didn't get what Jesus was talking about- to them he was the leader who was going to start a revolution against the Roman leaders, they were so consumed with it being a physical war and victory - I like that Jesus just let it be, then later on repeated it. It must have been so weird for the disciples when everything did unfold as it did, such a searching time for all of them. I would love to go back and be a fly on the wall during that period of time.

I think the dinosaurs will always be an enigma to me, I just do not see where and how they fit in to anything really- apparantly they were not meat eaters originally, that changed - but I just keep an open mind on it all. I have never heard of the antidiluvians before, is that just a name of those pre- flood ?

Rita
I think there are and will be many similarities of the times of Jesus first coming to those shortly before his return. It was a shock for the disciples because their expectations unfolded differently to their plan. Also, It was the state religion that used the power of the ruling class (Romans) to do their dirty work for them and in their case murder Jesus....I think much of this will be be paralleled again even as it was in medieval times. It will also be an extraordinarily intense searching time for God's people.

Yes, antediluvian is the name given to those who lived pre flood.

With the green revolution ie, oil based fertilisers, herbicides and pesticides were promising the end of hunger and increased food production. With technology and modern medicine the promise was eradicating disease and remedying the afflictions that beset us. In other words a golden age. What has become evident is the weakening of the fertility of the soil due to increased chemical use and the greater need to use them to maintain production poisoning the environment in the process. National health is suffering and unless one has money or the appropriate criteria in many parts of the world, access to Doctors and medicine is unaffordable It has become evident that the polarisation between the haves and the have nots is growing exponentially. The promise of a golden age has lost its lustre as more and more find themselves in financial straights.

I'm no doubt not telling you anything you don't already know Rita.
I know people into genetic manipulation and they hold out great hopes for the future based on improving technology but personally, I don't see it.

Reactions: Butterfly

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know people into genetic manipulation and they hold out great hopes for the future based on improving technology but personally, I don't see it.

According to geneticist, John Sanford, Ph.D., genetic entropy is accumulating faster than genetic science can possibly correct the faulty genes and he explains why all current programs of "gene editing" are doomed to failure, in his book, Genetic Entropy and the Mystery of the Genome. He interviewed a number of population geneticists who are quite aware of the problem but prefer not to speak out on it. While most genetic mutations are neutral or slightly negative, they have been accumulating in the human genome (and every other genome) for thousands of years already. And they are accumulating faster today because of our polluted world. If enough genetic information is lost, a species will inevitably be on the path to extinction. Only a 3% mutation rate is thought to be the beginning of doom. The human genome is thought to be relatively close to that rate (and many other species have already gone past that point and have become "endangered" or extinct). Sanford explains why, in accessible layman's terms, that genetic tinkering will not work.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Quietthinker,

Rita
Sometimes only afterwards did the disciples grasp what the Lord Jesus said. John 1 indicates there was an instance of this happening after He rose from the dead.

Reactions: Helen and Butterfly

Wafer

May 16, 2019
Yuma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you believe this? Nineteen pages of off topic guessing!

Here is something everybody needs to practice. Go in a closet, hide under a blanket, what ever works for you, and practice this line:

"I don't know."

Admitting that is the first step toward honesty. The next step is to study the bible to see if it is explained. If not then you still don't know. Simple, right? Everything in the bible is simple like that. When you start inventing things then it's not simple any more.

Reactions: Helen