Why Was Cain’s Sacrifice Rejected by God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I watched the funeral as well , wasn't it emotional - such wonderful testimony to Lrye.
I saw the marches as well, good for your grandson xx
Hello @Butterfly,

It was very powerful I thought. I just hope the powers that be take notice and get their act together in order to prevent a deterioration of the situation in Northern Ireland: for the sake of the people who live there, and for ourselves, as members of the 'United' Kingdom of Great Britain, that we do not see our 'unity' disintegrate before our eyes.

'I exhort therefore, that, first of all,
.. supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
.... For kings, and for all that are in authority;
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
.. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For
there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
.. Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
.... Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle,
...... ( I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not )
........ a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
I will therefore that men pray every where,
.. lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.'

(1 Timothy 2:1-8)

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Last edited:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @Butterfly,

It was very powerful I thought. I just hope the powers that be take notice and get their act together in order to prevent a deterioration of the situation in Northern Ireland: for the sake of the people who live there, and for ourselves, as members of the 'United' Kingdom of Great Britain, that we do not see our 'unity' disintegrate before our eyes.

.. supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
.. Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Good passage; there's the importance of prayer; while the believer needs to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), right?

Reactions: Helen and charity

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Good passage; there's the importance of prayer; while the believer needs to keep 'looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2), right?
Yes, indeed, @farouk.

* Forgive me for straying away from the subject of the thread.

* May we not fall into 'the way of Cain', but accept the sacrifice of God, in Christ Jesus, on our behalf, and not seek to come to God in any other way, but on the basis of His shed blood.

May His Name be praised!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and hopefully go on from there to realize that God did not need a Sacrifice for your sins at all; that is strictly what ppl imagine, so that is where God starts them out, as Scripture makes abundantly plain to an overcomer.

Who told you that you were naked?
after all?

B

Butterfly

Hello @Butterfly,

For
there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Praise God!

Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Amen
I really hope that this ' new IRA ' are not going to undo all the work that so many people did to bring about peace in Northern Ireland. I remember it the first time round, my twin brother served in the army out there at the time when the troubles were really bad.
I did notice that even though all the leaders were there one of them begrudgingly stood up when everyone applauded the minister who spoke, she did not clap - I think it may have been the Sinn Fein leader.
Yes, it was a powerful service - mind you when the minister started to talk about the politicians in his address I did find myself wondering if it was appropriate , but in context I think it was , not completely sure !
I guess this is my thread Chris - so it's fine to digress xx
Rita x

Reactions: charity and Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Amen
I really hope that this ' new IRA ' are not going to undo all the work that so many people did to bring about peace in Northern Ireland. I remember it the first time round, my twin brother served in the army out there at the time when the troubles were really bad.
I did notice that even though all the leaders were there one of them begrudgingly stood up when everyone applauded the minister who spoke, she did not clap - I think it may have been the Sinn Fein leader.
Yes, it was a powerful service - mind you when the minister started to talk about the politicians in his address I did find myself wondering if it was appropriate , but in context I think it was , not completely sure !
Rita x
I'm in North America and over here we don't necessarily keep abreast of the latest events in Northern Ireland.

Reactions: charity

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rita x

@charity

I so agree with your post above...it is always a blessing to have a discussion where , for the most part, people enjoy each other and also enjoy a good insightful discussion.

So many of them get so intense and dogmatic, which isn't really a two way discussion at all but more of a "I'm right" contest of who can have the last word :D

Thanks to you too...for making this discussion interesting.

I know that chatting in threads does annoy the intense members, but lets face it, @Pearl @Nancy and @Butterfly and myself...@Farouk too, know how to chat ...I don't think that every threads just 'has to be' heavy or life or death.

B

Butterfly

I'm in North America and over here we don't necessarily keep abreast of the latest events in Northern Ireland.
We appear to have a new wave of IRA , and they are against the royal Ulster police. During a altercation between the two, where cars were burnt, the IRA fired randomly at their ' enemies ' - 29 year old Lyre got hit in the head and died. She was press and covering the events. It all happened 30yearsafter the good Friday agreement that brought peace - the shooting happened on the Thursday night. The IRA apologised, but said ' She was standing with our enemies '
The IRA have been more active recently.
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
We appear to have a new wave of IRA , and they are against the royal Ulster police. During a altercation between the two, where cars were burnt, the IRA fired randomly at their ' enemies ' - 29 year old Lyre got hit in the head and died. She was press and covering the events. It all happened 30yearsafter the good Friday agreement that brought peace - the shooting happened on the Thursday night. The IRA apologised, but said ' She was standing with our enemies '
Rita
No new thing under the sun.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@charity

I so agree with your post above...it is always a blessing to have a discussion where , for the most part, people enjoy each other and also enjoy a good insightful discussion.

So many of them get so intense and dogmatic, which isn't really a two way discussion at all but more of a "I'm right" contest of who can have the last word :D

I know that chatting in threads does annoy the intense members, but lets face it, @Pearl @Nancy and @Butterfly and myself...@Farouk too, know how to chat ...I don't think that every threads just 'has to be' heavy or life or death.
If you don't agree with what I say, I'll bang my head up and down!!!! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Rita
It was tragic but the different communities seem to be standing together to deplore it.

B

Butterfly

It was tragic but the different communities seem to be standing together to deplore it.
It's not so much what the communities do, it's what the IRA decide to do, it could be that the attacks last week were linked to the 30th anniversary and nothing more- you know ' we need to mark the occasion '
I guess time will tell xx
Rita

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@charity

And The Church said: AMEN to that. :D

Reactions: charity and Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we're really to be a church, well, I don't think everything should be confrontational. And not everything should be about my agenda. Ministry just happens a good deal of the time.

Much love!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Butterfly, @Nancy, @"ByGrace", and all who have taken part.

Hello there,

Reading through these later conversational responses which have taken place in this thread, between members; it is so good to see good humoured, pleasant, loving expressions of interest, and comment designed to edify one another, being expressed.

Having watched the news yesterday, in the UK, and the coverage of the funeral service held in Northern Ireland for the young female journalist who was tragically shot dead there: and also receiving a telephone conversation from my grandson to say that he had taken part in a peaceful demonstration to highlight the very present dangers associated with global meteorological changes. I came onto the forum intending to enter a thread on the need to behave in a loving way to one another, in the face of so much turmoil and unrest, and found this little oasis of loving responses, which has been a balm to my soul.

Praise God!

Thank you to all concerned.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Hi Chris!
The happenings in this horrible world are constant and can so bring us down in our spirits...we can only imagine how God feels :( I take it your grandson is a proponent of climate change? And, you are not? Lol.
Thank you for the kind words. Yes, this thread (actually Butterfly's thread) has been received well! Now, if only we can get more kindness and fellowship type love from some of these other threads!
John 13:35 "By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." ♥

In Him,
nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Could it be that it was not offered in faith or because the fruits of the ground had no blood?
Anybody out there who might clarify this? @"ByGrace" @Butterfly @Pearl ...

EDIT: I am sorry, as I should have given @Butterfly the credit for this awesome thread. I simply posted it for her as she did not have the time. I don't pay attention to my own "number of threads/posts" but, I do realize others do...some more than others...:eek: lol. So, Just so you all know, this is Butterfly's thread! ♥

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While Cain became nomadic, future generations after the Flood were far from nomadic. And even the generations before the Flood lived in cities. Indeed all the ancient civilizations built magnificent cities, and their level of technology may have been even greater than what existed in Europe in the Middle Ages and until the industrial revolution.

Modern man generally fails to give proper credit to the ancient civilizations which existed in South America, India, China, Egypt, Greece, Rome, Babylonia etc. Granted they were all pagans, but they were certainly not nomads wandering around in the desert. Even the deserts are relatively recent creations.

They had approximately 1,650 years from the Fall to the Flood. Even though they are unlikely to have had as much knowledge as we have (I may be wrong) I expect that they were more intelligent (many fewer genetic mutations--if any). Look at the technology mankind has developed over the last 200 years and multiply that by approximately 8 and perhaps they had developed sophisticated technology. Until the massive, worldwide Flood came and wiped it all away. Coal miners have found mysterious artifacts inside of seams of coal down very deep. Were they remnants of pre-Flood civilizations? There are also "paved" areas that divers have found, under coastal waters. Who created them and when?

B

Butterfly

They had approximately 1,650 years from the Fall to the Flood. Even though they are unlikely to have had as much knowledge as we have (I may be wrong) I expect that they were more intelligent (many fewer genetic mutations--if any). Look at the technology mankind has developed over the last 200 years and multiply that by approximately 8 and perhaps they had developed sophisticated technology. Until the massive, worldwide Flood came and wiped it all away. Coal miners have found mysterious artifacts inside of seams of coal down very deep. Were they remnants of pre-Flood civilizations? There are also "paved" areas that divers have found, under coastal waters. Who created them and when?
That is such an interesting point, and one that I had not considered before. In some weird way, proberbly down to the whole teaching on evolution in my younger years, I realise that I have taken on board the theory of mankind ' developing ' from apes , in my thinking about intelligence, and pre -flood generation. I realise that they still would have needed to learn, progress and discover things - I had no idea I had been doing that !
On that note - and I will risk being stupid here ( lol )
Where does the bronze and Iron Age fit into scripture - and please can someone explain the dinaseours
- the ice age !!!!! ( I did not come to faith until I was an adult, and must admit that I have tried to fit what I learned at school in with the time line in scripture ) I mean they have evidence of these things occurring - but how does it all fit together?
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

Deborah_

Jun 7, 2015
Swansea, Wales
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is such an interesting point, and one that I had not considered before. In some weird way, proberbly down to the whole teaching on evolution in my younger years, I realise that I have taken on board the theory of mankind ' developing ' from apes , in my thinking about intelligence, and pre -flood generation. I realise that they still would have needed to learn, progress and discover things - I had no idea I had been doing that !
On that note - and I will risk being stupid here ( lol )
Where does the bronze and Iron Age fit into scripture - and please can someone explain the dinaseours
- the ice age !!!!! ( I did not come to faith until I was an adult, and must admit that I have tried to fit what I learned at school in with the time line in scripture ) I mean they have evidence of these things occurring - but how does it all fit together?
Rita

Not all Christians believe in a "young" earth. Nor is it necessary. The "1650 years" from the Fall to the Flood is based on an assumption that the genealogies in Genesis are complete (with no missed generations). But Biblical genealogies are not necessarily complete (look at Jesus' genealogy in Matthew 1, and you will find several generations unaccountably missed out).

So there's plenty of room for the Bronze and Iron Ages - and the Stone and Ice Ages too!