Why Was Cain’s Sacrifice Rejected by God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Can you believe this? Nineteen pages of off topic guessing!

Here is something everybody needs to practice. Go in a closet, hide under a blanket, what ever works for you, and practice this line:

"I don't know."

Admitting that is the first step toward honesty. The next step is to study the bible to see if it is explained. If not then you still don't know. Simple, right? Everything in the bible is simple like that. When you start inventing things then it's not simple any more.
it doesn't mean that subjects cannot be discussed - I am quite comfortable saying ' I don't know ' with many things within scripture - I am not so sure that it's as simple as that sometimes. Scripture does not tell us the cultural setting of many things, but in order to understand why something was said and done we have to use our understanding of history and cultural - so that is stepping away from scripture. Can you imagine how this forum would look if no speculation, no opinions, were ever given - it all adds to the pot, but I do believe with any discussion you should reflect, pray and consider things from scripture privately , the Holy Spirit can and does bring deeper understanding.
On this particular subject, the conclusion for me is ' I don't know ' but it was still interesting reading everyone's views X
Rita

Reactions: amadeus and Helen