Why was Jesus crucified?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Maybe you should stop behaving like one quiet and start thinking about what you think you believe. You believe in a being which has no origin story in the Bible - nowhere to be found and you blindly expect me to except this like I'm a dumb ass?
F2F
As I said, I don't expect anything from you and I reject your attitude that says 'I blindly expect you to except this like I'm a dumb ass?'

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dont drop the ball quiet...you have been sold a lie and I am saying "challenge it!" go looking for the origin story and if you can't find one ask some more questions and ask a few more. You will work it out I am sure!
F2F
There are lots of questions to be asked F2F but you can be assured I wouldn't ask you :)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As I said, I don't expect anything from you and I reject your attitude that says 'I blindly expect you to except this like I'm a dumb ass?'
Likewise - if you post lies as truth, and show you cannot substantiate them, this is a bad thing to do.

Also, God did not condescend and dwell in sins flesh as you teach - He raised a Son in the line of Adam for good reason. The OP demands of us to explore why did the Master required being put to death.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are lots of questions to be asked F2F but you can be assured I wouldn't ask you :)
Ask them for yourself! I don't care at all what you think of me - I only care for two things.
1. Don't teach lies
2. Find for yourself truth
Go in peace.
F2F

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Likewise - if you post lies as truth, and show you cannot substantiate them, this is a bad thing to do.

Also, God did not condescend and dwell in sins flesh as you teach - He raised a Son in the line of Adam for good reason. The OP demands of us to explore why did the Master required being put to death.

F2F
I don't not believe God required Jesus to be killed. Prediction does not mean something is required nor does it mean causation.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
by showing that when we do our darnedest to torment, to torture, even kill him, he doesn't give up on us
That's true.

Did Jesus have your nature? Exactly the same nature as you?

If no, there are negative consequences.
If yes, you open a door to truth - might not be comfortable but what truth is!

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don't not believe God required Jesus to be killed. Prediction does not mean something is required nor does it mean causation.
Okay this is a good place to start.

10 Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand.

Read the verse carefully and try to understand why it pleased God to bruise (crucify) His son?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
While you are processing Isaiah 53 consider "Crucified through weakness" in (2 Co 13:4)... "put to death in the flesh" in (1 Pe 3:18).

Here is a question.

If Christ was crucified in weakness what is the weakness we share with him?

For to be sure, he was crucified in weakness, yet he lives by God’s power. Likewise, we are weak in him, yet by God’s power we will live with him in our dealing with you.

What did he share with us?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's true.

Did Jesus have your nature? Exactly the same nature as you?

If no, there are negative consequences.
If yes, you open a door to truth - might not be comfortable but what truth is!

F2F
He was one of us, the same nature otherwise temptations would not have been temptations. Hebrews 4:15

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Read the verse carefully and try to understand why it pleased God to bruise (crucify) His son?
The Hebrews considered God responsible for everything both good and bad. It reflects in how they wrote and needs factoring in. It changes what one hears.

Job thought it was God giving him a hard time, so did his friends. He didn't know what we know. We are told it was Satan who was responsible.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
He was one of us, the same nature otherwise temptations would not have been temptations. Hebrews 4:15
Yes. And yet He was also the divine Son of the Most High, giving Himself a sacrifice as a ransom for mankind.
F2F, scripture says God sent His only begotten Son into the world. If I'm reading that right, it means God had an only begotten Son to send. Jesus took human flesh, the fallen flesh of Adam, in order to die. As a divine person, who inherited His life, given to Him of His Father, He had the authority to relinquish it. No-one, not the Jews, nor the Romans, had power to kill Him, except it was given to them from above. It was still murder. They murdered their Creator. But it was only possible by the Son acceding to His Fathers will, which they had agreed on together before the foundation of the world, that Jesus would surrender His life in man's place. This is not a story about an angry God who seeks justice, vengeance, and retribution for sin. This is not a story about a God who is looking for excuses and reasons to punish mankind for their rebellion. This is a love story. From beginning to end. The sacrifice on Calvary was an open declaration of love, a demonstration of the true heart of the Son of God, who was willing to risk all eternity for the sake of lost sinners, thinking that life in eternity without us, was not worth saving His own life for. And that character of Jesus, demonstrating such self sacrificial love, was a perfect reflection of His Father's character.