Why water into wine?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i know, huh! it's actually mind bending.

you cannot state a single absolute truth, from Scripture or otherwise.
Try it and see.
"Facts" are just our way of borrowing "truth," and may just as easily be used to manufacture lies
The only thing that is mind bending is your twisting of scripture, facts and truth.

My prayers are with you....Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know I finally figured it out. You're exactly like the Pharisees who couldn't see beyond their nose. They thought they were the only way, till Jesus showed them otherwise and they still could not see it. Well many others have.
I was so like you, arrogant, sanctimonious, thinking I had the truth and nobody else did, but that's OK I know where you're coming from, you'll even deny what I'm saying now. That's because you really don't know me. But I saw the Light, met the Way, the Truth and the Life, and when you do, everything changes.
Final question - Do you think that someone can legitimately be saved and go to heaven without being Catholic?
Answer or not, I'm seriously done.
Hi perrero,

Scripture CLEARLY sets up a hierarchal Church.

Which Church do you belong do? If you have said it in the past I must have missed it. My apologies.

Mary

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you may search ""the wolves will come in" NT, we have discussed it plenty, Acts...like 20. 20:30?
And it never says that the wolves will "take over."
Jesus promised Peter that the gates of Hell would NOT prevail against His Church (Matt. 16:18).

either Jesus is lying - or YOU are.
The smart money is on you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is pointless to attempt to reconcile Catholicism and Protestantism doctrinally
and imo such a stark example, literally directions, for not taking Scripture literally. When Jesus does not proceed to hack off an arm after saying "take, eat..." at the Last Supper, and fill a goblet with blood for them to drink, a statement is being made
Ummmmm, because after Jesus tells the people that it is better to to gouge their eyes out if they cause them to sin - He DOESNT ressure them that they really need to gouge out their eyes or cut off their limbs.

When He tells them to eat His flesh and drink His blood - he ASSURES them that His flesh is TRUE FOOD and His blood is TRUE DRINK (John 6:55).

Gotta learn how to read and understand Scripture . . . .

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You make absolutely ZERO sense. The scripture you quoted has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand.
I guess you missed this part,

Mat_11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

or this part
Gal_1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

or this part

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

and that is why you will never understand to busy chasing after men. (religion)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And it never says that the wolves will "take over."
Jesus promised Peter that the gates of Hell would NOT prevail against His Church (Matt. 16:18).
yes, it does plainly say that the wolves will come in (to the Est'd church), and suggests a better definition of "Church," that the wolves cannot impugn.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Ummmmm, because after Jesus tells the people that it is better to to gouge their eyes out if they cause them to sin - He DOESNT ressure them that they really need to gouge out their eyes or cut off their limbs.
that is a different subject, and you are just obscuring the point that no one took a bite of Jesus.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is a different subject, and you are just obscuring the point that no one took a bite of Jesus.
Because Jesus showed them the Sacramental formula for consuming His flesh and blood at the Last Supper, sparky . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ha please well which one, the first, second, or (gasping) the third? It was a strong-arm maneuver by the est'd church.
That's what we intellectuals refer to as a "non-answer."
I asked a question - so give an ANSWER . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, it does plainly say that the wolves will come in (to the Est'd church), and suggests a better definition of "Church," that the wolves cannot impugn.
WRONG as usual . . .

Acts 20:29
"I know that after my departure savage wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock;

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i don't see how. God is truth, and you cannot describe any other absolute truth. All other truth, for us, is subjective. At least as far as i can tell; you are welcome to offer something else though i guess.
There is only ONE truth.
Everything else is relativism.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
That's what we intellectuals refer to as a "non-answer."
no, you just don't like the implications, and will not hear the truth.
There was a well documented revolt at the First Council of Trent, because what would become the RCC strong-armed all other opinions out of the council, the wolves having assumed control at that point.