WHY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you agree that Christ saves ALL men?

1 Timothy 4:10 esv
For to this end we toil and strive, because we have our hope set on the living God, who is the Savior of ALL people, especially of those who believe.
My advice is believe on HIM , for as JESUS says damned is the one who believes not .
No one wants to be damned to a lake of fire . So my advice is believe ye on HIM to all peoples , tribes , tongues and nations .
For none wants to be cast into the lake of fire .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have heard many people say that baptism is not important as it does not determine our salvation in any way shape or form. They say they can be a Christian without being baptized. I ask the question, can you?
Precious friend, I would have to agree with that; Either it IS necessary or it is NOT necessary.
Why
are we so double-minded? From my experience, I have been through the infant stuff
twice, and once in the deceit + once in the misunderstanding of the immersion method
[ as a new babe-In-Christ ].

My research found 14 Different problems/traditions/reasons for water among the
Many (44M?) Different/Disagreeing Severely Divided and Weak organizations/religions.
My study (solved All this Confusion, for me anyway) summed up:

Three Bible baptisms distinctions and Differences

"Prophecy/covenants/Law" {earthly} gospel of the kingdom, ISRAEL "Prominent!"
{past/future}

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄
The TWO Main (of 12) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins!:
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Luke 7:29-30; Acts_10:37)
(Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25 KJB)
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16 KJB)

Water Was Necessary in God's Previous Dispensation of:
prophecy/Covenants/Law

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

God's Other Context of:

"Mystery/GRACE!" { Heavenly! } Gospel Of GRACE, Jew And Gentile "Equal!"
{Current, Today!} . . . . . . . . . . "Grace Through faith ↑ Body Of Christ ↑"

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today: Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION,
Spiritually
Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians 4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; 1 Corinthians 12:13 KJB)

Thus, water is no longer necessary, Today, Under God's Dispensation Of Grace.
+
Fellowship With Christ, And "
with each other, is by Mutual faith In Him," Not by:

14 Different and Disagreeing traditions (Condemned By Jesus? (Mat 15:3-6; Mar 7:8-9)
of Confusion, Correct?
-------------------------
Thus, if water is still (44M with no Peace?) necessary Today, then the "math is problematic"
= two baptisms, Correct?
How is that Only ONE Baptism? Thus, I agree with God:

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of Peace, as in all churches of the saints."​
(1 Corinthians 14:33) [ The God Of Peace, I have personally known for 44 years! ]​

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!
--------------------------
Extra study, if anyone wishes:

The Uncertain Trumpet of water baptism

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
But the important point that you have totally missed in that the triune Godhead is involved in Christian baptism. Not just Jesus.
And what you have totally missed is that the NTC DID NOT baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
without greek scholars or so called apostels to teach us .
I am grateful for all the teaching I received at the hands of Derek Prince who was not only a Greek scholar but was fluent in Hebrew and taught both as a professor off languages at Cambridge University. He was their youngest ever professor at the age of 25.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am grateful for all the teaching I received at the hands of Derek Prince who was not only a Greek scholar but was fluent in Hebrew and taught both as a professor off languages at Cambridge University. He was their youngest ever professor at the age of 25.
I have no idea who derek prince is , I can only hope and pray he taught the correct stuff .
The reason i say that is , I have seen so many so called greek scholars professing to be fluent in this or that
and yet , and yet when they go to make translations , often its found supporting a belief men invented ,
or an agenda of men . As far as derek prince , Maybe he did it good . But many DO NOT .
That is my point .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is baptism sir?
We have water baptism and the baptism of the Holy Ghost .
In the case of cornelious and his household we see the baptism of the HOLY GHOST occuring
and THEN peter saying lets get them water baptized too .
IN other cases you see the baptism of the HOLY GHOST come upon them AFTER they were water baptized .
But in any case , FAITH IN CHRIST IS DIRE MUST . Many can be water baptized and yet their faith was not TRULY in CHRIST
and thus they are not saved and will not have the baptism of the HOLY GHOST .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST IS A DIRE MUST , then we DO the things HE taught .
Course i bet you already knew that . Just reminding us all of the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON CHRIST
and to be hearers and doers of THE WORD . Cause we got us some folks on this site
who desire to teach otherwise as though buddists , atheists , muslims and whaterverims are saved
and fine So long as they just come together under what the social gospel calls love and doing good .
And i shall expose that pharce till the day of CHRIST or till my body breaths its last .

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have no idea who derek prince is , I can only hope and pray he taught the correct stuff .
The reason i say that is , I have seen so many so called greek scholars professing to be fluent in this or that
and yet , and yet when they go to make translations , often its found supporting a belief men invented ,
or an agenda of men . As far as derek prince , Maybe he did it good . But many DO NOT .
That is my point .
You don't need to hope and pray he taught the right stuff. He is a nationally recognized teacher of truth and his work is read all over the world. He is the main supplier of teaching material to Chinese Christians which he provides to them at no charge.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We cannot simply dismiss this testimony since it is proof positive that what Christ commanded is exactly what Christians were doing guided by the Holy Spirit.
But according to you we can dismiss the testimony of scripture.