WHY?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't need to hope and pray he taught the right stuff. He is a nationally recognized teacher of truth and his work is read all over the world. He is the main supplier of teaching material to Chinese Christians which he provides to them at no charge.
in ancient greece.

What did the word baptizo mean?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last week I read that there were 44,000 denominations. That in itself must make God cry. But that is not the subject of this post. What I want to ask is WHY most of them ignore the teaching of baptism and impose their own interpretation.

I will start with what happened at Pentecost where it says in Acts 2 v 38, Then Peter said to them "Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus baptism Matthew 3 V 16. and when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water and behold, the heavens were open to him.

John 3 v 23. John was also baptizing at Aenon near Salim because water was plentiful there

Matthew 28 v 19. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8 v 36 And as they were going along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said "See here is water! What prevents me from being baptized? And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down INTO the water, Phillip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.

Acts 10 v 48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.

Romans 6 V 3. Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized INTO CHRIST JESUS were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3 v 27. For as many as you were baptized INTO CHRIST have put on Christ.

Matthew 3 v 6. And they were baptized by him in the River Jordan, confessing their sins.

In the New Testament, baptism was in the name or into the name of Jesus, always by immersion, always when there was plenty of water available.

Only ONCE are we told to baptize in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. and as we know we never make a doctrine out of one verse of scripture. Therefore the overwhelming evidence is that you baptize by immersion in the name of Jesus or Jesus Christ. One final point nowhere in scripture do you baptize a baby by sprinkling water over its head.

So the question is why do we ignore the scripture on this subject and replace it with our own version?

Since Jesus is God and He said to baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20 we obey His commands. Are you saying its wrong to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit ?

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last week I read that there were 44,000 denominations. That in itself must make God cry. But that is not the subject of this post. What I want to ask is WHY most of them ignore the teaching of baptism and impose their own interpretation.

I will start with what happened at Pentecost where it says in Acts 2 v 38, Then Peter said to them "Repent and let everyone of you be baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST for the remission of sins, and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Jesus baptism Matthew 3 V 16. and when Jesus was baptized, immediately he went up from the water and behold, the heavens were open to him.

John 3 v 23. John was also baptizing at Aenon near Salim because water was plentiful there

Matthew 28 v 19. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 8 v 36 And as they were going along the road, they came to some water and the eunuch said "See here is water! What prevents me from being baptized? And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down INTO the water, Phillip and the eunuch, and he baptized him.

Acts 10 v 48. And he commanded them to be baptized in the NAME OF JESUS CHRIST.

Romans 6 V 3. Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized INTO CHRIST JESUS were baptized into his death?

Galatians 3 v 27. For as many as you were baptized INTO CHRIST have put on Christ.

Matthew 3 v 6. And they were baptized by him in the River Jordan, confessing their sins.

In the New Testament, baptism was in the name or into the name of Jesus, always by immersion, always when there was plenty of water available.

Only ONCE are we told to baptize in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit. and as we know we never make a doctrine out of one verse of scripture. Therefore the overwhelming evidence is that you baptize by immersion in the name of Jesus or Jesus Christ. One final point nowhere in scripture do you baptize a baby by sprinkling water over its head.

So the question is why do we ignore the scripture on this subject and replace it with our own version?

Let me ask you a similar question:

At what point should one stop revering the temple of stone and start revering the temple of Jesus's body; and when should one stop keeping the Sabbath practice, and start keeping the Lord of the Sabbath; and when should one stop sacrificing lambs, and receive the sacrifice of the Lamb of God?

The answer to your question is the same.

Even so, none of these are wrong for teaching.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Although I have studied this for years and years and years, I have not found one scripture that says water baptism is not necessary today.
So, The ONE Baptism Of God, Today, is water?

What then, do you propose we do with The Baptism By The ONE Holy Spirit, Who
[ By The ONE Baptism ] Identifies/Immerses
the new baby believer into The ONE
Body Of Christ, Seated In Heavenly Places?
Surely not this?:
Yet you still are trying to replace spirit baptism with water baptism..
Wouldn't that then, be this?
But according to you we can dismiss the testimony of scripture.
I don't believe we should dismiss The OPERATION Of God, do you?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have water baptism and the baptism of the Holy Ghost .
In the case of cornelious and his household we see the baptism of the HOLY GHOST occuring
and THEN peter saying lets get them water baptized too .
IN other cases you see the baptism of the HOLY GHOST come upon them AFTER they were water baptized .
But in any case , FAITH IN CHRIST IS DIRE MUST . Many can be water baptized and yet their faith was not TRULY in CHRIST
and thus they are not saved and will not have the baptism of the HOLY GHOST .
BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST IS A DIRE MUST , then we DO the things HE taught .
Course i bet you already knew that . Just reminding us all of the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE ON CHRIST
and to be hearers and doers of THE WORD . Cause we got us some folks on this site
who desire to teach otherwise as though buddists , atheists , muslims and whaterverims are saved
and fine So long as they just come together under what the social gospel calls love and doing good .
And i shall expose that pharce till the day of CHRIST or till my body breaths its last .
Yes sir, all Christians at some point undergo water baptism, and those who God has selected to be Kings and Priests in the Kingdom will be baptized with holy spirit as well.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Let me ask you a similar question:

At what point should one stop revering the temple of stone and start revering the temple of Jesus's body; and when should one stop keeping the Sabbath practice, and start keeping the Lord of the Sabbath; and when should one stop sacrificing lambs, and receive the sacrifice of the Lamb of God?

The answer to your question is the same.

Even so, none of these are wrong for teaching.
Your question is not relevant to the subject matter.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Since Jesus is God and He said to baptize them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Great Commission in Matthew 28:19-20 we obey His commands. Are you saying its wrong to baptize in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit ?
I am saying we need to do what is taught in the scripture.

Reactions: ChristisGod

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why oh why oh why do people keep going on about Jesus said this in Matthew 28 when I have said over and over again you DO NOT base a doctrine on one verse of scripture. What is there about that you do not understand.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are

You NEVER base a doctrine on one verse of scripture.
So if Jesus said you are the light of the world and to let your light shine before others we are not to obey this since its the only time Jesus said it , is that your position ?